• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lil kong 2

brawl was designed with for people who are bad at games to be able to win
people who spend time being better at games don't like the idea of people who don't spend time getting better almost beating them

you never played good melee, you don't know a thing

brawl is "fun," melee is competition

that's why i win at brawl. i suck at smash bros melee, so i jumped on brawl so i could beat Mars, Tong, etc. i never did that in melee... :(

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I said I was done posting but apparently people are being drug into an argument that has no real purpose in all honesty. People are going to like Brawl, people are going to like Melee, but stfu about it. No one said that we are no longer allowed to play melee because brawl is out. I know have stated before Ill quit melee when people quit playing super Turbo. Constantly people are coming into this topic because well, Kennesaw isnt known for putting out good players. In a way I can see why. Look at this topic. 9/10 spam, 1/10 Flaming posts at one another. I try to be reasonable people but it seems since my user id Isnt chillindude829 I automatically suck and my opinion is tossed from the window. I dont think ive ever done poorly in a tournament minus the very first one I entered. I know that Im not winning all the time but I beat most of the people I run across. And with Ganondorf for gods sake. Im not saying that none of you try your hardest but we must think how it reflects on us when we post on this stupid forum.

@Marty: Youre the best player in this topic, no questions asked Ill vouch for that. I dont mean for you to take offense when I discuss my opinion on brawl. No where did I say you cant beat me. I never have and youre on of the people I respect most in our community real talk. Youre insightful, you listen, you help, and youre funny as **** and the biggest black dude I know in Kennesaw.

@4Leaf: Hi, youre new, welcome. Lets put all of this crap behind us.

@Everyone else: Be mature. Its rediculous people coming in here and the whole topic turns into a ****storm from one post.

So I am actually done posting for a while now, I dont want my entire presence to be man, that Ganon dude is an *******. So have fun everybody, play what game you want, how you want, and respect others opinions and preferences.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
brawl was designed with for people who are bad at games to be able to win
people who spend time being better at games don't like the idea of people who don't spend time getting better almost beating them
brawl is "fun," melee is competition
i so second this comment but like marty i play both games. yes i do feel brawl is way too easy and the fact some kid talking smack @your local gamestop playing you in and taking two of your stocks in the process is lame and not appealing. melee is where skill comes in seeing as you have to practice to be good and cant play the game for a day and master it. and i qoute dogy for this one "i feel brawl and melee are two differnt games so why not just throw tournaments for both" people will either play one or the other or both so telling someone melee is crap is most certainly uncalled for. if you never played competive melee dont tell someone melee is crap it truely is differnt from brawl and thats real talk. thanks tong for this post

I said I was done posting but apparently people are being drug into an argument that has no real purpose in all honesty. People are going to like Brawl, people are going to like Melee, but stfu about it. No one said that we are no longer allowed to play melee because brawl is out. I know have stated before Ill quit melee when people quit playing super Turbo. Constantly people are coming into this topic because well, Kennesaw isnt known for putting out good players. In a way I can see why. Look at this topic. 9/10 spam, 1/10 Flaming posts at one another. I try to be reasonable people but it seems since my user id Isnt chillindude829 I automatically suck and my opinion is tossed from the window. I dont think ive ever done poorly in a tournament minus the very first one I entered. I know that Im not winning all the time but I beat most of the people I run across. And with Ganondorf for gods sake. Im not saying that none of you try your hardest but we must think how it reflects on us when we post on this stupid forum.

@Marty: Youre the best player in this topic, no questions asked Ill vouch for that. I dont mean for you to take offense when I discuss my opinion on brawl. No where did I say you cant beat me. I never have and youre on of the people I respect most in our community real talk. Youre insightful, you listen, you help, and youre funny as **** and the biggest black dude I know in Kennesaw.

@4Leaf: Hi, youre new, welcome. Lets put all of this crap behind us.

@Everyone else: Be mature. Its rediculous people coming in here and the whole topic turns into a ****storm from one post.

So I am actually done posting for a while now, I dont want my entire presence to be man, that Ganon dude is an *******. So have fun everybody, play what game you want, how you want, and respect others opinions and preferences.
this is a real man!!!!

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Mars - i was just joking, dude. i didn't want you to take my comment seriously. i was just trying to prove that this argument is kind of dumb, because no one will ever prove the other 'wrong'. also, while i agree that brawl is easier to pick up than melee, the better player should always win in brawl. it just comes down to whomever is smarter. that's all. i do agree that the mentality of kennesaw players is seriously lacking in killer instinct, and that we need to shape up if we were to have any kind of respectable community.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
re: sakurai's mission statement
the game is designed with having a different person win each time, everyone having a good laugh, then moving on in mind

GA Peach

Smash Lord
oh, i know i'm not known for posting anything worthwhile on this forum, but i want to tell people about weekly wednesday tournaments at Battle and Brew in Marietta. the owner is mad cool, and he wanted me to do him a favor and tell people on smashboards about it to get a better turnout, so here i am. rock you like a hurricane. tournaments start at 8 i believe, but you can go to BatteandBrew.com for more details. also, on a side note, if anyone wants to play brawl/melee, let me know. i'm pretty open this week.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
oh, i know i'm not known for posting anything worthwhile on this forum, but i want to tell people about weekly tournaments at Battle and Brew in Marietta. the owner is mad cool, and he wanted me to do him a favor and tell people on smashboards about it to get a better turnout, so here i am. rock you like a hurricane. tournaments start at 8 i believe, but you can go to BatteandBrew.com for more details. also, on a side note, if anyone wants to play brawl/melee, let me know. i'm pretty open this week.
****. I live right down the road from Battle and Brew. I'll try and be there.

Smooth Criminal

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this topic rocks...... I like the spam and Brawl vs Melee arguement. Reminds me of the Brawl Boards which everyone loves.

Everyone on this topic especially 4leaf: No johns.
I agree man this thread is a trip. But unlike the Brawl boards, we at least have a few reasonable people to keep things in check. I have to say though, while it just looks like a lot of spam and people arguing to no conclusion, we have actually had a few cool things happen here. Like, weve had...maybe one smashfest that a sizeable amount of people from the thread came to and a lot where just a few of us got together...and we get some useful info sometimes like the thing Marty just posted (which ill throw that on the front page in a second) and if/when any of us might be free to smash. So hey, this place isnt totally useless.

And 4leaf, I approve of you expressing your opnion but when youre arguing with someone try to leave out the biting insults like "egotistic testosterone filled people" and "l2 type noobzor!" because they really dont help your case, they just make you look like an *******. By the way if you live close to Rayku and GP we should smash sometime, Ill play Brawl with you. Just give me a call my number is on the first post.

Rayku

Smash Lord
And 4leaf, I approve of you expressing your opnion but when youre arguing with someone try to leave out the biting insults like "egotistic testosterone filled people" and "l2 type noobzor!" because they really dont help your case, they just make you look like an *******. By the way if you live close to Rayku and GP we should smash sometime, Ill play Brawl with you. Just give me a call my number is on the first post.
Yeah. He lives within walking distance of me.

I'm going to be free saturdays from now on. I'm going to the GPC tournament and the next saturday is my drama club's banquet. Any time after that, I should be free. We've got a few other friends as well that play, they just don't come to smashboards.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Oh youre going to that? Is there possibly any room left in your car?

By the way Marsfool a wise man once said: "Stupidity will reign when the intelligent are silent." So dont stop posting cause of some ignorant people. They need your help.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
but oddly there are no shooting deaths in kennesaw
why?

because those gangstas can't get their moms to drive them around town to shoot people up

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
first place was really about getting to talk to that girl
the cupcakes were just a cover

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Marsfool. it isnt a great idea to call out beast oos players like that.

They'll haunt you in your dreams.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
-___- I was not calling him out poopyheads. I was trying to make the point that being technical does not win over thinking. See again why I dont post in this topic. Just a matter of time before Sanford Kelly and Ogre 1 and 2 pop in here and start taking things out of context.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
well besides that, WTF!? There are NO black people in Kennesaw! that argument should not even exist. lol @ guns

No, Marty not you.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
didn't I give give u like 1 point the other week for those spam topics?

see, I didn't forget about you =]

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
well.................atleast make sure they are white chix/black dix. or....

bangbros =

edit: nah *** dat. Ny Wes said brazzers in the new sheezy >_>

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Brazzers eh? I think I know a pw or two lets find something shall we?

Mikey: wrong edit sry for deleting ol

OH???

Get me a PW and i'll get you a Ban...since you seem to want one *shurgs*

Majist

Smash Journeyman
screw brazzers!! there are NO naturals at all! they're all fake. and fake = BORING.

and marty, as soon as i grow out of poverty, i'll hit you up.

i hate being in college:cry:

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
Yeah I was having crappy day, and I was misled and told that most current brawl players were moving back to melee, which is completely false. I figured I would have few people to play Brawl with competitively. If you wanna play Melee play melee. I apologize for saying things that I should not have said. I hope we can get off to a better start.

Top Bottom