• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lain can only place as high as the quality/quantity of weed he smoked that tourney. Therefore, he was either
A) Sober
B) Pretty high on ****ty stuff
C) Buzzed on good stuff

Quik17

Smash Ace
Strict DQ rules are awesome

Although Lain doesn't get to smoke as much, we get to leave the venue at 10:00 :)

lain

Smash Master
It wasn't that I couldn't smoke, I've just been off lately. And on some other ****. But I'm coming back with a vengeance now ^_^

Xyless

Smash Master
I took the B- setup down and switched to vBrawl around when lain showed up, so he didn't play over the weekend. I could bring it to another smashfest as soon as I stop being sick. :/

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah guys give Lain a break, he's such a good player even without "powering up." I think IL is too drug-a-phobic (for the most part) so that whenever someone brings up Lain, someone always has to bring up weed >.> Lain's such a beast regardless of whether he smokes beforehand.

You got this Lain, you're a bada$$ mofo :p

Also, on a separate note... this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=810638fCvrQ

Foo_

Smash Rookie
Lmao DLA, who do you think really cares? How many people do you think smoke/do drugs that I play smash with on a regular basis?
Do you tell them the health risks involved? Seriously, get them help.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lmao DLA, who do you think really cares? How many people do you think smoke/do drugs that I play smash with on a regular basis?
I wasn't referring to you Aurora kids lol... you're kind of the exception in IL :p

I'm not saying IL is full of anti-drug crusaders of holy vindication (like Zozefup)... I'm just saying that most Illinoian smashers seem to be somewhat averse to drug use.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I think you just hang out with the clean smashers DLA ^^;. Meneil, Drew, myself, Zwarm, and a few others are just straight edge people. I have np with people doing drugs and stuff, I just don't want it done around me ;D. Drinking is different because it doesn't go in the air. Yes I know about bongs, etc.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao Tano, that match sums up a reason why I hate Brawl. Wall infinites/Things you can do nothing about. Give me a tech/DI opportunity at least. You and Hunger went even except for the infinites imo. Although on the same note, that really isn't saying much because it is all 1 hit conflicts in Brawl...

Also even if you don't take drugs, you gotta admit they are funny as hell. Tenacious D anyone?

Akashi

Smash Lord
Lmao Tano, that match sums up a reason why I hate Brawl. Wall infinites/Things you can do nothing about. Give me a tech/DI opportunity at least. You and Hunger went even except for the infinites imo. Although on the same note, that really isn't saying much because it is all 1 hit conflicts in Brawl...

Also even if you don't take drugs, you gotta admit they are funny as hell. Tenacious D anyone?
I beat him in all the other Ike friendlies - his Ike was like 1 day old. Outside the last wall infinite, he could have survived :O

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm not saying IL is full of anti-drug crusaders of holy vindication (like Zozefup)
lol I like the wording. I let Lain smoke weed in my car the whole way to Iowa and back. Other than religion, I don't see a reason not to do drugs.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Personally drugs are pretty stupid. I used to be a total pothead back in the day and there is a such thing as "functional" potheads but it has an effect. I've seen how its affected all of my (ex) friends and its lame. You don't do ****. You just have a seemingly good time doing nothing. That's it. But even when you aren't high you're caught in this "genjutsu" that pot is the ****. Its really deceptive and that's why so many people have issues quitting it. Its not reworking your brain chemistry to the extent of something hard like herione but it changes you.

Hallucinogenics are different but still.

And anyone that does heroine, cocaine, amphetamines, etc is stupid.

Seriously there's really nothing positive about drugs. Michigan is FULL of druggies and its stupid. Pretty much all of my old friends at least smoked pot. I stopped because its just dumb. If you have any drive In life you eventually get tired of it. There's probably more addicts in Detroit then your entire state too lol

Oh and what's up Illinois?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
@Zosefup- The Jedi religion has no documented evidence on whether or not drugs are wrong. Guess I'm in the clear.

@Ambient- I have gotten people to quit or even lessen their weed intake due to smash performance, or lack of learning. Imo the people who are on and off aka casual smokers, have the toughest time accomplishing anything since they essentially have to re learn either sober or high depending on the first experiences...

lain

Smash Master
Yeah Zoze is mah boy.

And thanks DLA =]

I'm supposed to be #1 in the MW, yet I'm not as consistently **** as some people (m2k, ally, etc.). This is all gonna change from now on!!

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
Lain, you never had a chance to face the wrath of Deez. I would have ***** you back in the day.
I kinda wanna get back into brawl just to smoke with some of you guys tho... but then i remember how much brawl sucks

and lol @ all of the guys comparing weed and heroine. weed is more mild and safer than alcohol, and i love them both
ignant *** nigguhz

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
See my issue with people using religion to argue against drugs is that they're trying to preach that drug use is an issue (or lack thereof) of morality. People are trying to look at it from a right/wrong standpoint and its kind of dumb to me. I prefer to look at in terms of whether doing drugs is beneficial to me or not. And through personal experience I've learned this about drugs and Smash:

Smashing while drunk: Turns my game up a notch actually. It makes me play really erraticly and makes it hard for people to read me. Which makes sense because half the time I don't even know what I'm doing. Yet I know what's happening. Its weird. I've been known to keep a flask on me at times.

Smashing while high: I can get how people do it but it doesn't work so well for me. Except when there's music. Then I play with rhythm. But its a lot of work. And when I brawled high I stopped caring about putting in work. I'd play really lazy lol

Playing while tripping: Don't. The human mind isn't ready for what happens when your on a trip and you're trying to control a pokemon and your fighting a penguin with a hammer. You won't even know what's happening.

Playing while on Adderol: Makes me really focus. But I get unbearably nervous during intense sets ( I tried adderol at a tournament last August) and makes it difficult to control my fingers. But like I said my focus is razor sharp and I'm able to analyze much faster. I think I needed a lower dosage though because I was so jittery.

Drugs never did anything for my Smash game and didn't really do anything for me outside of it so it was a no-brainer to quit.

@Oro: That's cool you've gotten people to quit. For some its harder than others. When you have a goal in life and you feel held back its easier to quit.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah Zoze is mah boy.

And thanks DLA =]

I'm supposed to be #1 in the MW, yet I'm not as consistently **** as some people (m2k, ally, etc.). This is all gonna change from now on!!
Awwwwwwwwww snap!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
See my issue with people using religion to argue against drugs is that they're trying to preach that drug use is an issue (or lack thereof) of morality.
The problem is that if you don't believe in God, then there is no morality. Without God, if drugs make you happy, then why not do them? Who cares if it makes you a little more unproductive than usual? Being productive isn't very fun anyway.

I'm pretty sure that if I didn't believe in God, then I would just sit in my room, smoke weed, play video games and masterbate all day.

If you don't believe in God, then you become God over your life. You can do whatever you want with your life and nothing matters. If I believe that humans are destructive and the world would be a better place without them, then even murder becomes moral for me.

Top Bottom