• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wow I didn't realize you were this good Zozefup...

you realize that whole match was tornado? something DK CAN'T escape from... its like a semi ddd chaingrab.

I'd like to see zoze vs. a good snake

Count

Smash Champion
Ha zoze loves being the gayest player ever.

HAY ZOZE REMEMBER WHEN I TIMED YOU OUT WITH TWO STOCKS ON WIIGIIS MANSION?

Hahahaha, seriously though zoze we need to play again sometime that crazy trip to athens was fun.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'd like to see zoze vs. a good snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAqyH9uah4

Joker beats Affinity too though. I made it to winners finals there though (30+ people)

I'm much better at the snake match up now, but yeah, I'm not going to be beating Joker anytime soon. I auto lose to any well known snake. I beat average snakes, like Kel's snake or worse.

But honestly, I play every match up just like I played against you. Against falco, olimar, and big characters I tornado spam; against G&W or any areal character I UpB spam; against Kirby and every character lacking range I Ftilt spam. I even spam and camp in the Ditto.

I think Wario is the only character in the game I can't spam something with the same efficiency as Nado VS DK.

I get complaints every tournament I go too

Hahahaha, seriously though zoze we need to play again sometime that crazy trip to athens was fun.
Yeah it was! Honestly I haven't improved at all though lol. I've been busy with school.

And zozefup too I think? (not exactly "sarcastic", but yknow)
lol yeah I was. I'm a little annoyed at the honorable mention, but the rest is sarcastic. It makes me excited about getting some matches in with IL players though. I think the only people I will consistently lose to is Quik and maybe Chewy.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little annoyed at the honorable mention, but the rest is sarcastic.
Uhhh, there are a lot more than 10 good players in the state. I don't think you realize this...but honorable mention is by no means humbling.

Prove yourself at the Clash/M.A.S./ tournaments to see if you can compete with the rest of IL, which are tournaments where the bulk of us compete at. Or go to other tournaments, place well there, and give us the results.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think the main reason you're honorable mention is that we KNOW you're good, but it's hard to tell HOW good you are in relation to the other people on the PR because they don't really go to the same tournaments and you've never played hardly any of them, and you've never even been to an actual IL tournament. :dizzy:

But yeah looking forward to playing you soon hopefully :lick: come visit

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Joker beats Affinity too though
You have got to be kidding me.

You're going to base how I do against Joker off of one set at a terribly-run tournament?

I played like **** at Gigabrawl. I was shocked that I even took Top 8 at that, not to mention that Gigabrawl was a complete joke anyway. I was getting calls after the tournament results were posted asking me what the **** went wrong at Gigabrawl, just from them looking at the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMPbiaJuN10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iADNk2--JvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__ObqvZksM

You would have a much different opinion if Joker had to play me at NKv2.

EDIT: I'm not saying Joker's bad or anything; don't get it twisted.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
You have got to be kidding me.

You're going to base how I do against Joker off of one set at a terribly-run tournament?
not to mention that Gigabrawl was a complete joke anyway.
lol yeah my bad. I only saw you play him at giga brawl on laggy TVs. I can't believe how poorly ran that tournament was for a circuit. That was one of my worst placing at a tournament too. Joker round 2, Kit round 3.

But yeah, I gave a list of about 10 tournaments I've been too, placing top 3 at all of them except gigabrawl and Ohio circuit. And out of all the tournaments, the only tournament the decided to use was Giga brawl. A tournament on wide screen laggy TVs.

Go to other tournaments, place well there, and give us the results.
Areal rave: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place (out of 25)
S.L.O.T.H: 2nd (out of 25)(lost to renegade)
Jokers monthly: 3rd (out of 30ish)
I haven't done well at M.W.E circuits (25 out of 60). But I usually got a tough bracket. And the tournaments there are a whole different level. (Judge, Anther, Lain, AZ, Overswarm, Kel, Samuri Panda, Shugo, Sago, Y.B.M...ect).

Quik17

Smash Ace
I gave a list of about 10 tournaments I've been too, placing top 3 at all of them except gigabrawl and Ohio circuit. And out of all the tournaments, the only tournament the decided to use was Giga brawl.
We only used Giga Brawl and OUGA from your list because those were the only two tournaments that you attended from the middle of July to late October, and that was the time period we used for this update. Based off your results from those 2 tournaments the only place we could of put you was in the honorable mentions.

Stop complaining, we know you're good.

Edit: Forgot to add, come to an IL tourney for once!!, a lot of people want to play you :)

fragbait

Smash Master
I don't even remember what day NK was on XP and I was so hyped. Maybe because the day after it sucked hardcore.
I think things will change just a bit though, with NK considered. I know a couple of yours did fairly at NK.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
zoze, come to champaign and get *****, and then be happy to be honorable mention :p
just kidding, but seriously, you will get wrecked.
i think the power rankings should be based completely off of CoF because that was the most legit tournament i've ever been to.
also, arty should drop at least 5 spots for being afraid to $$MM my captain falcon XD

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm totally entering Webster's next tourney!
I'm coming for your spot DLA!

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
lol no IL just shuns MK into the shadows... which is why zoze is afraid to come to IL tournys :p

also, at CoC's we are swimming in riot punch and *****es.
Bo, CoF was too legit. single elim is as legit as falcon pawnch, and i landed falcon pawnch 100% of the time saturday =)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol no IL just shuns MK into the shadows... which is why zoze is afraid to come to IL tournys :p
Lol, you do realize Chicago is 7 hours away from me right? If I'm going to drive 7 hours, I might as well drive to Ohio, Witchita, or Iowa so I can actually play against GOOD players.

So I heard Iowa and Michigan wrecked you guys at the Chicago circuit? (I know it was single Elim (because IL is lame and didn't bring ANY set ups) but they would have wrecked you guys in double elim too). :p

edit: Christmas break is almost here and I should be able to hit up a few tournaments again. But like I said, I'd much rather play Ohio than Chicago.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Whoa! You dissing Chicago?! And from what I heard at Kirk's, almost nobody felt like going to CoF, so of course Michigan and Iowa dominated because almost nobody important was there.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'm too scared to come to an Illinois tournament cause I'll get my *** whooped so I'll just sit behind the keyboard and talk smack.
Sounds about right :)

Also, Dajayman is right, barely anyone went to CoF.

Arty was there though and he got 3rd (losing to Lain, but pretty much everyone in the Midwest loses to Lain anyways)

Edit: That tourney was also single elimination.....

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
lol dude, that tournament was not legit. I didn't even stay after dubz, I left. Normally Mike hosts amazing tournaments, but this was bad, and noone came. >.>

Arty

Smash Lord
It's funny when scrubs who have never placed in a decent tournament before trashtalk players that are much better than them.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Iowa was on the other side of the bracket and Arty beat Razor

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
lol zoze you're like 45 mins from champaign. come play me, chewy and BC and that will change your tone. i went all falcon because CoF was, well just laughable. i probably wouldnt have beaten lain, kain, or arty, but i think anyone else i could have taken. play us or dont talk ****.

also, kain is too good and should be ranked. he's definitely better than me, BC, and DLA, i dunno about akashi, i havent played him yet. he could probably be top 5. kain is too underrated. he might be better than ook and kirk too when all is said and done, he just needs a secondary. no disrespect to anyone, everyone in the top 10 is awesome, i just think kain deserves more respect.

chewy will be number one very soon....

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
FAILLINOIS is more like it!

There are so many words that link with Illinois its disgusting.

edit: Kain's not on the list, since he was inactive for awhile. Though more IL tourneys should change that soon if he keeps up attendance/placings! And again that holds true for everyone else as well.

Top Bottom