• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
RR's car: RR, Arty, DSF, Genosamus, Deltacod

Everyone in the bolded still going?
RR, you might want to check with Geno. Last I heard which was recent he is going in by bus. If you could get that checked out that would be amazing. I'm supposed to house him if he is coming by bus.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys. I'm feeling out some interest for a smash/Pokemon thing I wanna host over winter break. Keep in mind that I am primarily a Pokemon player, but I do have some Melee under my belt. I posted this over at nuggetbridge and smogon, so excuse me if some of this isn't relevant to you. Let me know what you guys think and if you would be interested.
----------------
Hey guys, this thread will serve as the initial organization and discussion thread for a potential Chicagoland tournament/meetup hosted by yours truly. Here's what's up

Tournament Name: I'm under a working title of Bearsfest, but if anyone has a cool name, let me know.

My house in scenic Woodridge, IL. Address to be posted once we confirm we're doing this. For reference, it's about 45 minutes away from Chicago.

Games:
Pokemon Black and White 2. Pokemon Black and White 1 are acceptable, but discouraged.
Super Smash Bros. We must decide as a community whether we will play Melee, Project: M, or Brawl. I favor Melee and Project:M. Due to space and time constraints, we will only have time for one Smash tournament.

Potential Date windows:
December 16th-23rd or December 26th to 29th.

Extremely Tentative schedule for tournament day:
10 AM- Doors open for open gaming
12- 3 PM- Smash Doubles
4 - 7 PM - Smash Singles
8 - 11 PM - Pokemon VGC Tournament
(Maybe) Midnight- Group laser tag game.

If enough people are willing, I'd love to organize an excursion downtown where we can just chill. I want this to be the third chillest Pokemon event of the year, behind Nats and Worlds.

Rules:
Smash: No matter the game, the ruleset will be the same as used at a tournament I attended, which can be found at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326760.
Pokemon: Whatever the most recent official VGC rules are. If somehow we're stuck on VGC 2012, that's what we'll play. However, I anticipate new rules being released by then.

Prizes:
If we are going to have prizes, I'm gonna have to charge a tournament fee. I'm probably going to charge 5 dollars per person per tournament. This means a team for doubles will pay ten total. I am in favor of having prizes, but if you all just want a casual tournament, I'm all for it. As far as payouts are concerned, I'm thinking it should be 60-30-10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively for each tournament.

Housing:
I would rather not house people at my home considering it's my parents' home. However, especially for people potentially coming from a distance, we can work something out. I will not charge anyone for staying out my house if it comes to that.

Food:
I will be buying pizza at no cost to anyone playing in a tournament. The pizza will be around for anyone to consume from about 12 PM on. For dinner, I'm thinking about ordering Jimmy John's sandwiches. Gimme your order and the money for it, and I'll place the order for you. If you bring a full setup, your Jimmy John's is on me.

Setups:
I currently have a Wii, a pretty lagless projector, and a CRT. We'll need more setups, but exactly how much depends on possible attendance. A full setup consists of a Wii/Cube (if Melee), an adequately completed save file, and a low input lag TV. This generally will mean a CRT. If you don't have access to a CRT and we're hurting for setups, we will accept other varieties of TVs (LCD, etc). Bringing a full setup gets you free Jimmy John's on me.

Streaming:
At least one game from every round of every tournament will be streamed either to Nugget Bridge's channel (preferred for viewership), or to my own personal channel. I do have a capture card, so I can stream Smash Bros, and I do have stream capabilities for the DS.

Tentative guest list (tell me if you'd like to be added to the list):
bearsfan092 (Philadelphia Fall 2012 Regional winner and summer 2012 nationals player)
FonicFrog/Sixonesix/whatever he's calling himself now (top cut nationals player)
hydro26 (nationals player)
Kappy (budding prospect :p)

TELL YOUR FRIENDS. If they play VGC or are willing to, INVITE THEM and let me know if they're coming. Once we settle on a Smash game, tell your friends that play that game to come too. I don't care if they're real life friends, Nugget Bridge, Smogon, Gamefaqs. As long as they're chill, all are welcome.

I need an idea of numbers too. I can't have this get too big as well, considering it's just my humble abode.

If there's anything I'm forgetting, please let me know.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
You guys should go... because I'm going :colorful: And because if laser tag happens it will be SO GODLIKE!! LOL

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
No trollmo was the ****. Bringing it back for sure. Also, Team Kotoko hype.

MJG - if there is room, it would be in Red Ryu's car. Namely if Genosamus, Arty, or DSF doesn't come.

Chi - if you're talking about the fancy Apex hotel (the Hyatt I think), their TVs had NO jacks for any type of console, so you can't play smash in the hotel. At OUR hotel last year (I forget which one), they had TVs but they only had the green/blue/whatever jacks, so it was in black and white lol. Which was still playable I guess lol.

Kappy - you are a tomato. Deal with it.

bearsfan092 - gonna be honest, I doubt there will be enough interest for most of us to come out to a $5 Brawl side event. We do appreciate the effort though. You should try hosting P:M, it almost had more entrants than Brawl and Melee combined at our last local.

Arty

Smash Lord
Oh yahhhhh the Michigan tourney is this week. I'll get back to you tomorrow if I'm going or not Justin.

Holy **** I'm rusty though, haven't really played any Brawl since two Don't Blinks ago.

Fujin 2

Banned via Warnings
WaiT

Theres a tournament this weekend and I wanna go.

Hews coming to get me???

Fujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Bans stick, I could but I was gonna pick up BPx and Domo if Arty and Geno aren't in my car if they can get to IL.

BP said he was taking the megabus.

Plus Im already in IL.

Unless youre going to do what you did that one time...

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Fujin, BPow's taking the megabus to chicago and we're driving him from there. I'm pretty sure both cars are completely full now.

Also guys I just called DSF and I guess he's going unless he posts otherwise. I told him 2 pm on Friday at union station.

Arty

Smash Lord
I won't be going :( (inb4 Diego)

So yah, Fujin can have my spot I guess; also seagull made a post in the tourney thread that domo is not going.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I won't be going :( (inb4 Diego)

So yah, Fujin can have my spot I guess; also seagull made a post in the tourney thread that domo is not going.
I was gonna have Domo or BPx take it so my car would look like.

RRcar:
ME
Domo
Delta
BPx
DSF

Going to WTPs house.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I made a GIF but it was too big to upload to photobucket. Stay free, me

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ugg, got bad news.

So I've told people there is construction with the inside of my house, my dad was supposed to be home to let them in and help out with locations for things and make sure to let them in the house.

Well he got called from his company that he needs to fly out west to work out buisness deals, well mom is also gone on a ski trip so I gotta watch the house and let them in.

-_-;

I'm really sorry about this but I can't go if they need to work on the house this weekend and my parents are gone.

:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Ugg, got bad news.

So I've told people there is construction with the inside of my house, my dad was supposed to be home to let them in and help out with locations for things and make sure to let them in the house.

Well he got called from his company that he needs to fly out west to work out buisness deals, well mom is also gone on a ski trip so I gotta watch the house and let them in.

-_-;

I'm really sorry about this but I can't go if they need to work on the house this weekend and my parents are gone.

so youre saying you can still go if they dont need to work on the house this weekend

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah dude just explain to your parents that we've been planning this for months. If the construction is an ongoing thing then one lost weekend won't make much of a difference. Use the guilt card if you have to. It's not your house, and it's your dad's fault that he has a job that makes him fly across the country on such short notice. I mean it would be nice if you did them a favor, but if you were planning this for a long time then they can't blame you for not being able to watch the house this weekend.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
and say someone already bought a bus ticket to go to chicago, expecting that you could drive them to michigan so itd be a waste of a ticket and money for the guy

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Problem solved, mom not happy at all dad ok with it so I can go now, but I'm gonna be stuck at home next week helping that.

So whoever is in my car go to union station at like 2 or something that was listed, also MJG Domo going still or can Fuujin have that spot?

Top Bottom