• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zozefup

Smash Lord
http://www.bio.net/mm/mol-evol/1997-September/005960.html

Keep in mind that this is a discription of the simplest cell in existance (it has 1,000,000,000,000 atoms). There are 100s of different theorys about how this cell might have evovled. However, in the lab, scientist have been unable to show how even a single amino acid could be produced naturally (an amino acid has only 9-12 atoms).

Even if you believe in evolution, it's still very plausible that there is intelligence behind it. In addition, our whole universe exploded out of a single point. No one knows what caused this explosion, but we can look at what that explosion created. It created an extremely complex and orderly universe capable of support human life (trillions of specificly arraged complex cells).

Atheist believe the universe was created solely from physical laws that have no intelligence (though, they do not know where all these physcial laws came from). They further boast that their opinion is based on science and reason. The problem is that for everyone 1 thing they can find that appears to be the product of random physical laws, there are 1000s of things that show signs of vast complexity.

Based on everything you have learned in science (biology, astronomy, chemistry...), does it seem more likely that the universe was created by random physical laws? Or does it show signs of complexity and design?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
http://www.bio.net/mm/mol-evol/1997-September/005960.html

Keep in mind that this is a discription of the simplest cell in existance (it has 1,000,000,000,000 atoms). There are 100s of different theorys about how this cell might have evovled. However, in the lab, scientist have been unable to show how even a single amino acid could be produced naturally (an amino acid has only 9-12 atoms).

Even if you believe in evolution, it's still very plausible that there is intelligence behind it. In addition, our whole universe exploded out of a single point. No one knows what caused this explosion, but we can look at what that explosion created. It created an extremely complex and orderly universe capable of support human life (trillions of specificly arraged complex cells).

Atheist believe the universe was created solely from physical laws that have no intelligence (though, they do not know where all these physcial laws came from). They further boast that their opinion is based on science and reason. The problem is that for everyone 1 thing they can find that appears to be the product of random physical laws, there are 1000s of things that show signs of vast complexity.

Based on everything you have learned in science (biology, astronomy, chemistry...), does it seem more likely that the universe was created by random physical laws? Or does it show signs of complexity and design?
But my god can beat your god in a fight.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
But my god can beat your god in a fight.
"Why Christianity?" is a much longer debate. Just don't claim to be an Atheist, or at least don't say it's because of science and reason. Virtually all science I know of points toward complexity and design. It takes a lot of faith to look at the universe and believe it was created soley by physical laws.

Tons of physical laws work together to make our orderly universe. And the more we learn about science, the more complex it seems to get. The string theory is suggesting there might be 10 or 11 other dimensions interacting with ours. Crazy stuff

SothE700k

Smash Lord
"Why Christianity?" is a much longer debate. Just don't claim to be an Atheist, or at least don't say it's because of science and reason. Virtually all science I know of points toward complexity and design. It takes a lot of faith to look at the universe and believe it was created soley by physical laws.

Tons of physical laws work together to make our orderly universe. And the more we learn about science, the more complex it seems to get. The string theory is suggesting there might be 10 or 11 other dimensions interacting with ours. Crazy stuff
My god plays electric guitar in a playboy bunny suit. What does your god do?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
When did I outright say I'm an aethiest? That stigma was thrown on me. I believe in Haruhiism, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Spaghetti Meatball Guy, and Captain Falcon. Jedi is a cool religion too but you know, there really isn't a god for that per se. It's just another cult like all religious affiliations or groups.

Arguing beliefs is cool and all, because no one is wrong. You can't disagree with proven scientific fact though. Sure there are pieces (a lot) missing from the puzzle, but I would still rather put my faith in TANGIBLE people, rather than an intangible omnipotent being/force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PT90dAA49Q

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Regarding string theory... there are 10 dimensions, and the 10 containing all possible universes, of all possible dimensions, with all possible timelines from the start of each universe in each dimension to the end of each universe. Basically, it is a dimension which contains all possibilities of all things within the subtext that we live in a universe, not a multiverse. There is no possibility for expanding beyond the 10th dimension.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Sup guys.

Just wanted to check in with those people who said they wanted to help me move in this Friday. It'll probably start early...like 8am-9am. So if you would, just say again if you wanted to and are able to help out...need like 4-5 guys-ish. And there will be a free lunch/dinner prolly, so yay.

In addition, if anyone is free on Thursday around noon, I may need 1 body to assist with some moving. Again, there may be a free lunch in it for you. :)

Let me know if you can! Super excite weeeeeekkkk!!!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'm free both Thurs and Fri, as well :) I'll def be there to help on Fri, and hit me up if you want some help on Thurs!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Sup guys.

Just wanted to check in with those people who said they wanted to help me move in this Friday. It'll probably start early...like 8am-9am. So if you would, just say again if you wanted to and are able to help out...need like 4-5 guys-ish. And there will be a free lunch/dinner prolly, so yay.

In addition, if anyone is free on Thursday around noon, I may need 1 body to assist with some moving. Again, there may be a free lunch in it for you. :)

I gotchu for friday... not thursday though because I have classes.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
This misconception comes from people not facts about Christianity. People know there is no evidence to support greek mythology or flying spaghetti monster. They assume that the same is true for Christianity. All historians are in agreement that:

1. Jesus existed and was cruicified.
2. His followers truely believed he was God and healed everyone he saw
3. His brother believed in Jesus so throughly that he was willing to be stoned for that belief
4. In the year 62, Nero was killing "vast multitudes" of Christians in Rome.

5. By the year 100AD, some estimates suggest that there were 800,000 Christians.

Even if you are not a Christian, the facts are still pretty impressive. How did one man convince so many people that he was God and could heal everyone? Islam believes that Muhammad had an "experience" with God that no one else was around to see. Most other religions believe something similar.

I might be able to convince someone that I had a personal experience with God, or at least, no one could disprove it. But if I spent my entire life trying to convince people that I WAS God, it's doubtful that I'd ever convince a single person.

What the crap happened around 30AD? lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero
One man can convince people of a lot of things. See any religion. See any cult. See ****ing Hitler or any dictator for that matter. In any Monarchy, kings would essentially tell people what to believe. If I write in a book that everyone saw me heal people with magic, and people still read that book 1000 years later, then they might believe it too.

Zoze, you won't convince everyone that you are a god because this is the 21st century, and a lot of people have at least a little more sense than what they used to. Not everyone even believes in a god anymore. Not even 400 years ago people were being burned alive for being witches... :urg:

I just don't understand...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Which sect are you?
I believe what the espers believe, that Haruhi is the equivalent of a god. Is there a specific name for that?

Sup guys.

I'd be willing to help both days. I have nothing going on.

Top Bottom