• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Implying that I am "dumb" and "ignorant" and also saying that my posts are in need of correction qualifies you as being a troll.

Whenever I give my reasons, you never credit me in the least bit. Then when I call you out, there is a "superiority" issue about how your "facts" hinder Geno's chances and influences Sakurai's decisions. We debate very differently, for you're more of a general debater and I'm debating off what can be speculated on from the content in the Dojo. It all comes down to Sakurai, not the factors that would normally shut Geno out. This isn't just ANY game, we're here for a common cause. We're here because we're Smash Bros fans and a lot of us just so happen to support Geno. If you don't think he'll be in, fine, just please stop trying to pick fights with your offensive comments. Coming to the Geno thread to "correct" us at the slightest hint of us being wrong is considered trolling too. :ohwell:

I'd like to just drop all of these senseless debates. I'll admit that I don't have a perfect position, but that doesn't mean you do.
It wasn't directly at you. It was at anyone who does so and acts so. I don't come out directly for you, so don't flatter yourself like that. Heck, dumb is one of the lower conotations stupidity, and ignorance is simply lacking knowlege. Saying a post needs correction though isn't really trolling at all, especially if it does.

And while a debater admits when there are points where he is wrong or not completely right, which I have, it's not the arguer's pupose to give credit to what the opposition says. I'm arguing in against what you say, and I'm not going to go over the bloated formalities of being nice to you in the process. Heck, you're not even acknowleging my points, and somehow we're here debating debate methods. You skipped right over the points that you think are so wrong, without explanation.

What you'e debating for is generally weaker, because as you say, it's purely on speculation. Now my own arguments have speculation, but they are based off solid facts, as opposed to faulty information and ungrounded assumptions. I don't argue that it's possible this one composer who's not listed under SMRPG, but still did it, must be working on a SMRPG tune, in spite of everything else. I am saying that there are no characters who have set a precident that could include Geno, and all his problems.

And trolling is intending to annoy or aggrivate other posters. If you don't like that I've got a agument against Geno, and correct you when there's faulty information then tough, I guess. (I don't go in and say why Geno's not going to get in unless asked. If someone makes a dumb post with clearly wrong information though, then I'll post) If you think I'm wrong, and want to correct me, then DO SO. Don't skip the points and complain about what I'm doing. Face my argument head on. If I don't have a perfect position, then prove it.

Kingmananan

Smash Rookie
geno has no chance, this is the real mario character that will make it.

she would be more unique and better than geno she is more important then him and will be the next person to rep the mario series too bad for geno

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
geno has no chance, this is the real mario character that will make it.

she would be more unique and better than geno she is more important then him and will be the next person to rep the mario series too bad for geno
Your a terribly horrible troll - or not very smart

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
Yeah, about that composer that did SMRPG: It has her listed under Kindom Hearts for works. No RPG. However, this is my assumption that her being a Square-Enix game composer, that either Sora or Geno, or both (Hell yeah), will be in it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, about that composer that did SMRPG: It has her listed under Kindom Hearts for works. No RPG. However, this is my assumption that her being a Square-Enix game composer, that either Sora or Geno, or both (Hell yeah), will be in it.
More than one of the composer didn't have the games listed that they actually produced music for that's in Smash actually...

GenoWhirl_YEAH

Smash Cadet
welcome to the forums :)

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
More than one of the composer didn't have the games listed that they actually produced music for that's in Smash actually...
I think Sakurai is doing that most likely because he doesn't want people to find out ahead of time which games will have representatives in Brawl. If SMRPG was listed, every Geno fan (Geno FTW) would go ape**** saying that that was proof of Geno's inclusion. But, God, do I hope he's in it. I have a hunch that he is.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie

You're the first 2008-created account I see.

Welcome to our Geno Thread!
Yeah, I've been lurking around this place for months. I felt 08 was the perfect oppurtunity to officially join the Smash community.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Geno thread WinkyFrog64. I am the leader here, while everyone else is my slave.

J/k. Well, I'm sure Enigma will sign you up, and Geno for Brawl!

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I'm only posting this to prove a point. *Dusts off the Fatmanonice signal and turns it on* Hopefully Fatmanonice will help clear some of the arguments up.

It doesn't matter what you're concerned with in that, because he still does. It's still the same Mario. Heck, look at his Final Smash. The closest thing that comes to are his attacks in SMRPG. Heck, he has bouncing fireballs there, does he not? And with a generic stage, it kinda is better. Get's more represented y'know? Of course Sakurai doesn't always do that, which is clear here. (Though Mario Circuit is kinda like a generic Mario Kart stage). When picking stages though, it does seem a bit random, though they do need some significance. Still though, I don't see what the point of this specific point is.

The point is that specific elements to certain games are relevant. Hopefully Geno will represent Super Mario RPG, if Super Mario RPG is even represented. Why Geno though? Because it is his "one game" and that there isn't a better character to represent Super Mario RPG. Mario certainly can't do it now because of his FLUDD. It is the same Mario, I agree, but it would be nice to be able to see Geno and hopefully a Super Mario RPG song and stage represented in Brawl. It is arguably an important enough game to get representation. Mario, Peach and Bowser alone can't represent it the way Geno could. This is why it feels more like Geno's game, because Mario has a ton of games compared to Geno's "one game". I hope this made sense, but I strongly believe it clearly smooths out your inquiries.

Now this doesn't make sense. You're disregarding facts and not taking them seriously. Heck, why are you going over his pros in full here while not talking about the cons? That's what you asked for. That's what you havn't given an explanation for. And the fact that he has all these legal issues, only had one real game of his own, the fact that he wasn't the star of that game, and also that it's been over 10 years since them are real pressing matters when dealing with Geno. These are facts.
Geno APPEARS to be highly requested, Sakurai has shown enough interest to note a couple of the submissions in his journal, Yoko Shimomura COULD have composed a Super Mario RPG track in Brawl. Even though that DOES NOT confirm Geno, its something to base my argument off of. It is VERY POSSIBLE that she didn't create a Super Mario RPG track, but she is a confirmed composer on the Dojo, she worked on something, hopefully it was Super Mario RPG related. Until we find out what she contributed, we can't be sure WHAT she did. Super Mario RPG was planned to be released on the Wii VC but who knows when its coming out now, Geno appeared in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, which was completely irrelevant to Geno, but he still had a small cameo to keep him alive.. sort of. These are facts.

You're forgetting about Itadaki Street and that Mario basketball game. Both happened to be Mario and SE team ups featuring Mario. If Geno happened to be so popular, then why wasn't he there? Oh, I know that there was SMRPG music in ISDS, but no Geno. Heck, one problem you have in your argument is that you're making Geno and SMRPG one and the same. >_>
You're right. Geno wasn't in these titles, thats true. However, he may appear in a sequel. However, Sakurai probably isn't basing any of his judgments off of those two games you listed. It is doubtful Sakurai was sitting at his home scratching the back of his head saying "although I've received quite a bit of requests for Geno in Brawl, he wasn't in Mario Hoops or Itadaki Street, therefore he shouldn't be in Brawl because those games determine that he is dead for good". By the way, it may have sounded like I merged Geno and Super Mario RPG, but it is his "one game". I don't know, I think its fair to say that Super Mario RPG is easier to recognize when talking about Geno. "Hey dude, you know that one Mario game?" or "Hey dude, you know that one game Geno was in?"

What? Now who's going on like their speculation is fact? There's a standard 50% chance that all musicians on the list are not going to be working on the soundtracks from their games. Outside of this, there's the possibility that they work on something original. Lastly it's impossible to tell what game Shimomura is representing, if she really is representing one of her own games. It could be SMRPG, but it could also be M&L (really the most likely is she works on her past projects) or KH, SF2, or many others. You can't logicially assume it will be any of these though, as it's over 50% likely that she's not working on any of her old stuff at all.
Kingdom Hearts and Street Fighter hardly seems likely though. Come on, thats just being difficult there. Also, I never claimed what I said was factual, the only thing that is factual is that Yoko DID or DID NOT create a Super Mario RPG track. She couldn't have, I know this. She could have, I know this also.

A) Third party characters so far have been superstars. Snake and Sonic are both well known, and bring in new fans to pull in the money that's given out for them. Geno is obscure, and only brings in Mario fans, most of who'd already get the game. B) It's got three characters already. You may want to cover your ears and shut your eyes, but it's still the fact of the matter. (And again you're making Geno and SMRPG one and the same, when they are not) C) Hardcore? Anyways, there's a difference between these characters and Geno. They are not third party, and they were not 10 years old at the time. You can't cite any precedense when concerning Geno, because none of the other characters have his other restrictions all at the same time.
A) So far. But neither Konami or SEGA has a "Mario" character.
B) Oh, I forgot that you're in charge of deciding how many characters will be represented per franchise. Talk about assumptions. Lol, you'll counter this somehow..
C) Whats not to love about the most Dragonball Zish Mario character? I mean, people are entitled to their own opinions, but Geno is unique. I like Geno, thats all that matters to me.. apparently you do too. Don't you understand where I'm coming from then?

Don't forget, contracts > copyrights. Geno is more of a "Mario" character than a third party character anyways. He isn't like the Dragon Quest characters who costarred with Mario. Geno and Mallow are unique and Brawl is a unique game. Its possible Geno will get in though, it isn't impossible you know. I say it would be more difficult to work out a deal with Konami or SEGA than Square Enix (for Geno).

Sakurai may not like Geno. We don't know his stance on the guy. Like you said, SE's opinion is unknown. The consumer who would want Geno would want this game irregardless. Heck, when's the last time someone's bought a game just because Geno was in it? (Well I guess it would be possible to M&L, but that'd just be dumb) He's not worth it from a economic standpoint. He's not worth it from any real stand point. Only a fan's. This game caters to fans, but not on that level.
You have a really good point here, but this is precisely why Geno works better than Megaman or Cloud. Geno probably wouldn't cost a lot and it would probably be easier to get his rights considering the co director of Super Mario RPG works for Nintendo. Basically, we don't need any more third party characters. Cloud and Megaman would probably cost a lot to get into the game and considering Brawl is already going to sell millions, they aren't needed. Besides, Geno represents Nintendo's history better than any Final Fantasy title.

You assume too much, and prescribe traits that aren't there. I'd love to see him in it, but for me it's clear he won't. So, I will go with what logic tells me, and if people make dumb or ignorant statements , I'll try to correct them. =/
Already covered this.

I'm done Pieman. I can't change your mind and I'm going to stop now. I you don't think Geno won't be in Brawl, thats fine. But at least give him a bit more credit than you have been.

I guess I should leave these debates to the experienced, like Fatmanonice. I'm still kind of "new' here and have a long way to go..

Copperpot

Smash Ace
EDIT: Whoops . . . Looks like I gave you a little too much to argue on, Pieman. Regardless, even if you don't reply, please just have a look at my post for arguments sake.

Now this doesn't make sense. You're disregarding facts and not taking them seriously. Heck, why are you going over his pros in full here while not talking about the cons? That's what you asked for. That's what you havn't given an explanation for. And the fact that he has all these legal issues, only had one real game of his own, the fact that he wasn't the star of that game, and also that it's been over 10 years since them are real pressing matters when dealing with Geno. These are facts.
Seems to be no different than you ignoring the pros and focusing on the cons. The glass can only be half full or half empty.

With that said, Geno possesses legal issues that are no harder to rectify than any other third party character. Have a discussion, fill out some paperwork, throw around some money, and be on your way.

He wasn't the star (no pun intended) of Super Mario RPG. It's plain as day and easy to admit, but I think you're considerring this as an obstacle in error. You see, this would be a rather powerful argument for your case in the event that the main character of his game were not already on the Brawl roster; however, Mario, the main character of Super Mario RPG, is in Brawl. This opens the door for other major characters in the game.

You're forgetting about Itadaki Street and that Mario basketball game. Both happened to be Mario and SE team ups featuring Mario. If Geno happened to be so popular, then why wasn't he there? Oh, I know that there was SMRPG music in ISDS, but no Geno. Heck, one problem you have in your argument is that you're making Geno and SMRPG one and the same. >_>
For the ten millionth time, those games are not relevent to this argument. Itadaki Street and Mario Hoops were developed by Square-Enix. Brawl is being developed by HAL labs. Two different developers? Two totally different scenarios.

What? Now who's going on like their speculation is fact? There's a standard 50% chance that all musicians on the list are not going to be working on the soundtracks from their games. Outside of this, there's the possibility that they work on something original. Lastly it's impossible to tell what game Shimomura is representing, if she really is representing one of her own games. It could be SMRPG, but it could also be M&L (really the most likely is she works on her past projects) or KH, SF2, or many others. You can't logicially assume it will be any of these though, as it's over 50% likely that she's not working on any of her old stuff at all.
She could or could not be. It all depends on your perspective. I, for one, find it somewhat coincedental that she's there.

A) Third party characters so far have been superstars. Snake and Sonic are both well known, and bring in new fans to pull in the money that's given out for them. Geno is obscure, and only brings in Mario fans, most of who'd already get the game. B) It's got three characters already. You may want to cover your ears and shut your eyes, but it's still the fact of the matter. (And again you're making Geno and SMRPG one and the same, when they are not) C) Hardcore? Anyways, there's a difference between these characters and Geno. They are not third party, and they were not 10 years old at the time. You can't cite any precedense when concerning Geno, because none of the other characters have his other restrictions all at the same time.
A) While you're right, the fact that third party characters draw in outside attention is simply a biproduct of rather brilliant marketing. Do you really think that Sakurai decided to put Sonic in because Nintendo's wallet was growling? Why else? Because it's cool, that's why. :laugh:

B) By that logic, we could say that Luigi doesn't hold any merit in Brawl because his games are already represented by Mario, Peach, and Bowser. I hate to say it, but as much as you'll try to deny it, it's still the fact of the matter. ;)

C) Who says that these things are restrictions? You? The only hurdle he really had was the third party barrier, and they are free game now. Do you honestly think that Sakurai cares how old the character is? For all we know, Sakurai could view his obscurity as a positive trait. Who could tell? He's weird like that.

Sakurai may not like Geno. We don't know his stance on the guy. Like you said, SE's opinion is unknown. The consumer who would want Geno would want this game irregardless. Heck, when's the last time someone's bought a game just because Geno was in it? (Well I guess it would be possible to M&L, but that'd just be dumb) He's not worth it from a economic standpoint. He's not worth it from any real stand point. Only a fan's. This game caters to fans, but not on that level.
Again, it's all speculation. He very well may not like him. If that's the case, I don't understand why he was given so much attention in his journal, but I'll bite . . .

How was Snake worth it from an economic stand point? People will buy Brawl to play as Snake, and then they'll turn right around and buy a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

How was Sonic a good investment? Fans will gather from miles around to play as Sonic in Brawl, and then they'll revert back to buying up every one of his games on the Wii and 360.

Think about it. When it all boils down, neither of the third-party choices they have made so far are economically sound. Sonic is definately a better choice, but Snake is by no means a smart decision on behalf of the money-making department. Like I notioned before, third-party additions seem to be a good idea because they are, in a nutshell, cool to see.

You assume too much, and prescribe traits that aren't there. I'd love to see him in it, but for me it's clear he won't. So, I will go with what logic tells me, and if people make dumb or ignorant statements , I'll try to correct them. =/
I think you both need to see the bigger picture. From my point of view, you're both staring at a black and white image, and you're missing out on all of the of gray area.

And besides, there really isn't any point in debating this with you, granted that you're already sure that he's not in the game.

D

Deleted member

GTS, I don't know what you base Geno not costing that much and being easier to get off of.
Because Geno means nothing to SE. Geno can't be in a non-Mario game.

By the way, GTS, you're a great and experienced debater. We're proud to have ya aboard.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Before I finnish this post, I'm sorry if I don't get to your stuff Copperpot.

The point is that specific elements to certain games are relevant. Hopefully Geno will represent Super Mario RPG, if Super Mario RPG is even represented. Why Geno though? Because it is his "one game" and that there isn't a better character to represent Super Mario RPG. Mario certainly can't do it now because of his FLUDD. It is the same Mario, I agree, but it would be nice to be able to see Geno and hopefully a Super Mario RPG song and stage represented in Brawl. It is arguably an important enough game to get representation. Mario, Peach and Bowser alone can't represent it the way Geno could. This is why it feels more like Geno's game, because Mario has a ton of games compared to Geno's "one game". I hope this made sense, but I strongly believe it clearly smooths out your inquiries.
Mario's FLUDD doesn't make him any less of the Mario who's supposed to represent all Mario games. It just something to pay tribute to one of his main games, as well as actually have a move that he really uses. (His spin attack in his old games was more akin to his down air, instead of the Mario Tornado...but now the down air is gone and replaced by the tornado?) But the thing is you're overhyping a old game which would have already gotten its representation if it was worth it in the past games. Paper Mario is now the Mario RPG of choice. Why would Nintendo go back to its old games? In the end it's not important enough to get its own character like that, and it's still already got three characters. And just because they also show up in other games, doesn't discount the other Mario characters. You say that only Geno can represent it, but he's not the main character of it. We have that one aleady. Then it goes that Geno would represent it because of his moves, and because Mario uses moves from other games? That's got to be one of the more twisted arguments for it. You think Geno would do better than Mario because of the moves he uses, or is it because Geno only represents SMRPG? Heck, why don't we have one character from each game in because they represent their game better than the multi-game stars, and since they only showed up in that game, and their movesets would reflect that.

Geno APPEARS to be highly requested, Sakurai has shown enough interest to note a couple of the submissions in his journal, Yoko Shimomura COULD have composed a Super Mario RPG track in Brawl. Even though that DOES NOT confirm Geno, its something to base my argument off of. It is VERY POSSIBLE that she didn't create a Super Mario RPG track, but she is a confirmed composer on the Dojo, she worked on something, hopefully it was Super Mario RPG related. Until we find out what she contributed, we can't be sure WHAT she did. Super Mario RPG was planned to be released on the Wii VC but who knows when its coming out now, Geno appeared in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, which was completely irrelevant to Geno, but he still had a small cameo to keep him alive.. sort of. These are facts.
I can't seem to figure out the correct word for this. In a sense these are indeed facts, but they are basically facts that these things are speculation. Does a fact that something is speculative really mean anything in the end? What was this meant to prove?

You're right. Geno wasn't in these titles, thats true. However, he may appear in a sequel. However, Sakurai probably isn't basing any of his judgments off of those two games you listed. It is doubtful Sakurai was sitting at his home scratching the back of his head saying "although I've received quite a bit of requests for Geno in Brawl, he wasn't in Mario Hoops or Itadaki Street, therefore he shouldn't be in Brawl because those games determine that he is dead for good". By the way, it may have sounded like I merged Geno and Super Mario RPG, but it is his "one game". I don't know, I think its fair to say that Super Mario RPG is easier to recognize when talking about Geno. "Hey dude, you know that one Mario game?" or "Hey dude, you know that one game Geno was in?"

Seriously, there are too many assumptions about Sakurai's behavior as well in this. >_>

It's not a matter of Sakurai looking back and saying "Oh, Geno didn't show up there. I shouldn't add him in either" but more just a example of what's happened in the recent past. Sakurai wouldn't take out Geno because he wasn't there, but the whole thing just paints a clear picture that...they don't care. As a character he doesn't matter any more. He doesn't make money, so why bother? These are business deals, remember that.

Kingdom Hearts and Street Fighter hardly seems likely though. Come on, thats just being difficult there. Also, I never claimed what I said was factual, the only thing that is factual is that Yoko DID or DID NOT create a Super Mario RPG track. She couldn't have, I know this. She could have, I know this also.
Why aren't they likely? Makes more sense than wasting a third party slot on another Mario game, which came out so long ago. (And that fact thing you added there makes no sense).

A) So far. But neither Konami or SEGA has a "Mario" character.
B) Oh, I forgot that you're in charge of deciding how many characters will be represented per franchise. Talk about assumptions. Lol, you'll counter this somehow..
C) Whats not to love about the most Dragonball Zish Mario character? I mean, people are entitled to their own opinions, but Geno is unique. I like Geno, thats all that matters to me.. apparently you do too. Don't you understand where I'm coming from then?
A) Even if they did, it'd still be better to use their star chaacters, instead of a cult one from over 10 years ago
B) Well I wasn't thinking per franchise here, but per game. To think that Sakurai would devote that much attention to a 10 year old game is just foolish though.
C) Why did you call him unique, and then compare him to DBZ, aka the show where fighters get less and less unique as time goes on? Still this is shying away from the point I made.

Don't forget, contracts > copyrights. Geno is more of a "Mario" character than a third party character anyways. He isn't like the Dragon Quest characters who costarred with Mario. Geno and Mallow are unique and Brawl is a unique game. Its possible Geno will get in though, it isn't impossible you know. I say it would be more difficult to work out a deal with Konami or SEGA than Square Enix (for Geno).
Speculative much? And I've been over this. Geno doesn't carry his own weight. And heck, why waste contact with SE on him when there are so many bigger fish to catch, all with better pay offs? If they could do it with Sega and Konami, why not SE? Why Geno would be picked, just because he's another Mario character contradicts the uniqueness, doesn't it?

You have a really good point here, but this is precisely why Geno works better than Megaman or Cloud. Geno probably wouldn't cost a lot and it would probably be easier to get his rights considering the co director of Super Mario RPG works for Nintendo. Basically, we don't need any more third party characters. Cloud and Megaman would probably cost a lot to get into the game and considering Brawl is already going to sell millions, they aren't needed. Besides, Geno represents Nintendo's history better than any Final Fantasy title.
You're speculating on price, yet you admit he would cost money. Geno doesn't pay off that money though, as he doesn't bring in anyone new. To say that because you already think it will sell a lot that means you can stop is from a business standpoint insane. Not acting on more is like throwing money away, and putting in Geno, who would be a drain, is literally throwing money away.

I'm done Pieman. I can't change your mind and I'm going to stop now. I you don't think Geno won't be in Brawl, thats fine. But at least give him a bit more credit than you have been.

I guess I should leave these debates to the experienced, like Fatmanonice. I'm still kind of "new' here and have a long way to go..

Give me reason to give credit. >_>

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
GTS, I don't know what you base Geno not costing that much and being easier to get off of.
I think his logic was like this:

A character like Cloud or Sora or Megaman is a pretty big name character. Their innate value is greater because they have appeared many times and are very representative. They have games currently on the market and coming up (I think...I don't know much about Cloud and Sora, but I'm sure there will ALWAYS be a new Megaman game in development, for good or for ill.) They are probably expensive due to their advertising role.

Geno on the other hand, has appeared playable once and has appeared in a cameo once. His innate value is lower because he has less marketability. It's not like Geno will have a new game out soon.

Edit: I need to learn to read more thoroughly. This has already been discussed. My apologies for the intrusion.

I'm not certain that that was what was running through his mind, but it's my interpretation.

Edit: I need to learn to read more thoroughly. This has already been discussed. My apologies for the intrusion.

D

Deleted member

Geno wouldn't take up a third party slot if he was in. Sakurai said so himself. =|

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i wouldn't say he would take up a 3rd party slot, he is still third party but because he's only appeared in nintendo games it wouldn't cost that much and they would probally still have enough for another third party... i would say geno is a 2nd & 1/2 party instead

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh well, you're good at this Copper, so I'll respond. But if that other guy keeps replying, I'll be forced to stop. =/

Seems to be no different than you ignoring the pros and focusing on the cons. The glass can only be half full or half empty.
Well I've acknowleged the "pros" so to speak, and most of them are pretty flimsy in my mind. Tell me something I've really been ignoring.

With that said, Geno possesses legal issues that are no harder to rectify than any other third party character. Have a discussion, fill out some paperwork, throw around some money, and be on your way.
That money is never coming back though when you don't have someone who can get it back ;O

He wasn't the star (no pun intended) of Super Mario RPG. It's plain as day and easy to admit, but I think you're considerring this as an obstacle in error. You see, this would be a rather powerful argument for your case in the event that the main character of his game were not already on the Brawl roster; however, Mario, the main character of Super Mario RPG, is in Brawl. This opens the door for other major characters in the game.
True, but this goes into play against those who compare him to other old characters like Pit and Ice Climbers. As people say they are old and only have one game, they forget that Geno isn't the main character like they are. Now while there may be the fact that Geno is cleared because his main character was added, he still has these restrictions on him, along with others, all at the same time. (Aka there are newer characters, along with the fact he's third party)

For the ten millionth time, those games are not relevent to this argument. Itadaki Street and Mario Hoops were developed by Square-Enix. Brawl is being developed by HAL labs. Two different developers? Two totally different scenarios.
And SE is closer to Geno than HAL is. It'd make much more sense if SE included them instead, but they didn't. Why would a completely different company find use for him because of his apperent fans, when his own mother company did not?

She could or could not be. It all depends on your perspective. I, for one, find it somewhat coincedental that she's there.
It's not a matter of persepctive really. She is doing one of those options. What it is though can't possibly be known, and thus can't possibly be used in any argument for or against him. She's just there.

A) While you're right, the fact that third party characters draw in outside attention is simply a biproduct of rather brilliant marketing. Do you really think that Sakurai decided to put Sonic in because Nintendo's wallet was growling? Why else? Because it's cool, that's why. :laugh:
Well...no, I disagree with you. It was for money. Sonic fighting Mario draws people in. It's been one of the most anticipated fights of all Video Game-dom. Geno doesn't have any status like that. Heck thinking about the other way to get in (Snake) no one at SE will probably beg for Geno, seeing as they wouldn't add him in any of those other games. >_>

B) By that logic, we could say that Luigi doesn't hold any merit in Brawl because his games are already represented by Mario, Peach, and Bowser. I hate to say it, but as much as you'll try to deny it, it's still the fact of the matter. ;)
Luigi's games are for the most part indeed represented in Brawl. But he still had important roles in multiple games. Multiple. He's had so many roles, and is known by basically everyone who knows Mario. He's also had his own games. I hardly think it's the same thing. (You can't deny it, it's the fact of the matter) :O

C) Who says that these things are restrictions? You? The only hurdle he really had was the third party barrier, and they are free game now. Do you honestly think that Sakurai cares how old the character is? For all we know, Sakurai could view his obscurity as a positive trait. Who could tell? He's weird like that.
Well isn't that just speculation to how Sakurai thinks? I mean if other characters are anything to go by, it's not. Even without the third party restriction, a character with all the other restrictions hasn't surfaced yet, so why would that change when even more time has passed?

Again, it's all speculation. He very well may not like him. If that's the case, I don't understand why he was given so much attention in his journal, but I'll bite . . .

How was Snake worth it from an economic stand point? People will buy Brawl to play as Snake, and then they'll turn right around and buy a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

How was Sonic a good investment? Fans will gather from miles around to play as Sonic in Brawl, and then they'll revert back to buying up every one of his games on the Wii and 360.

Think about it. When it all boils down, neither of the third-party choices they have made so far are economically sound. Sonic is definately a better choice, but Snake is by no means a smart decision on behalf of the money-making department. Like I notioned before, third-party additions seem to be a good idea because they are, in a nutshell, cool to see.
I think you went a bit backwards here. It brings in already established fans of these characters into buying this game. If already existing fans go to other systems...well then they will do that. If they like the character from just that, then it's innevitable. Obviously by now, Nintendo wouldn't care about something like that. Heck, if you're going to lecture me about something economically sound, why bring up something like "cool to see" as a counter excuse?

And besides, there really isn't any point in debating this with you, granted that you're already sure that he's not in the game.
Like I said, I hope one of you guys can prove me wrong. It's true that I'm nearly dead certain he won't, but if one of you guys can actually add in some doubt, then it'd be nice.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The way I look at it still is not parties, but whether they are characters from Nintendo universes or not. Geno is from a Nintendo universe, however Sonic and Snake obviously aren't. I think Sakurai wants to limit the characters from non-Nintendo universes...

...He never said 1-2 more 3rd party...he said something along the lines of 1-2 more "guest characters" or something in the first place...

(I may be wrong on that...I haven't read it in a whilte)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still believe regardless of what other people say, think that it is still highly possible to see Megaman and Geno on Brawl. In the Rockman boards I covered why Megaman is not out of the running, and I still believe Geno has a chance too, even if that person said that Square has not been contacted about him.

Geno and Megaman are my favorite TPC's, and both have the best odds, and even though Classic Megaman may not be getting in at this point, there is still hope for X and/or Zero. Since they (X and X-style Zero) have NEVER been in a fighting game before and Inafune as well as a lot of people favor the X series more.

Geno is just plain cool to not be in! Don't care what the haters say. :)

Geno and Megaman (or at this point X) for Brawl!

Cless

Smash Champion
Sakurai made Kirby. He can do what he wants with him. Besides, what do you mean by that? Maybe Meta Knight, but Kirby does the same things in every game.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Are there any interviews with Sakurai where he talks about or mentions Geno?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still believe regardless of what other people say, think that it is still highly possible to see Megaman and Geno on Brawl. In the Rockman boards I covered why Megaman is not out of the running, and I still believe Geno has a chance too, even if that person said that Square has not been contacted about him.

Geno and Megaman are my favorite TPC's, and both have the best odds, and even though Classic Megaman may not be getting in at this point, there is still hope for X and/or Zero. Since they (X and X-style Zero) have NEVER been in a fighting game before and Inafune as well as a lot of people favor the X series more.

Geno is just plain cool to not be in! Don't care what the haters say. :)

Geno and Megaman (or at this point X) for Brawl!
That person that said Square was no contacted was proven false A LONG time ago

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Just his journal entries (polls).

The polls were a compilation of 290 requests that Sakurai was sent, and he simply picked out the ones which interested him. (Geno received 5 entries in the journal, counting the music recommendation)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No specific interview...We do know that he did look into Geno and ask around about the character...but nothing really else about that

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What is this I don't even
Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game ever made, and what Smash is basically based on...Except smash is a Platfighter instead of just a platform game. Many elements from Kirby Super Star didn't return until smash...specifically the SSE

Top Bottom