• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
No, I just disagree completely. He just repeated something someone said earlier that I was already in a conversation about someone else about when he came here
I wasn't speaking to you I was speaking to the person in the quote.

And I don't think square would be happy that Nintendo asked them for a character (For free or it would be third party) and not give them a rep, if you know what I mean.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm not a troll. I just hate when people say "So-and-so is gonna be confirmed soon!"

I don't believe Geno will be in Brawl, or any other game for a matter of fact. He is a has-been. Why would Square bring a nobody into the Wii's most likely best selling game. They're are a ton of other Square characters that are even considered video game legends that could be in Brawl. Geno won't be in any other game either because, again, he is a has-been. He was in one game, that's all. That game was a Mario RPG game, but the new Mario RPG game is Paper Mario, replacing Super Mario RPG. Geno will just be in your memories, never to be seen again.
Geno won't represent Square or a third party spot, he will be considered a Mario character. Meaning there is still room for another third party character like Mega Man or a Square character. Plus, a lot of characters appeared in only one game like Ice Climbers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't speaking to you I was speaking to the person in the quote.

And I don't think square would be happy that Nintendo asked them for a character (For free or it would be third party) and not give them a rep, if you know what I mean.
Why are you under the assumption that Square would be offended by Nintendo for wanting to use a character they created for Nintendo? And yes, they would have to pay...what does it matter?

Getting payed for something your not going to use would not offend me

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't Square let them use Geno...not to represent themselves, but at the request of Nintendo?
Who says Nintendo is out to get Geno? Konami begged for Snake to be in Brawl, and Sonic is in Brawl because he is a video game icon. I doubt Square would beg for Geno to be in Brawl, they'd probably want a more well known character to be in Brawl like Sora, Cloud, or Chrono. Geno is not a video game icon, so Nintendo won't be striving as hard to get him as they would for Sonic.

Well, this is the internet. Get used to immature and disturbing comments. Though maybe I surf around too much.
I've seen some bad stuff in my time surfing the internets. *cringe*

Seriously, ParamoreRiot, I'm really with you. I'm against Geno, if you couldn't tell by my high sarcastic statements.

By the way, it looks like you guys have decide to ignore me.
I didn't sense any sarcasm, sorry. And yeah I was ignoring you, you were sounding like an annoying fanboy.

Cless

Smash Champion
That's what people tend to do with trolls. Though those inexperienced with the internet might reply, or people who don't care.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I didn't repeat anything, that's pure speculation. I came in here, stated my opinion, and was replied to with immature and altogether disturbing comments.
You barely had any relevant reasoning. You're trolling by harassing the fine Geno supporters. There is a fine line between stating an opinion and calling people out for supporting a character.

EDIT: Calling people annoying fanboys, ignorant or by saying "sorry Geno won't be in Brawl" without any proof supporting that claim is indeed trolling.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
If they have to pay Square it would be a third party character, weather it has a Mushroom icon or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who says Nintendo is out to get Geno? Konami begged for Snake to be in Brawl, and Sonic is in Brawl because he is a video game icon. I doubt Square would beg for Geno to be in Brawl, they'd probably want a more well known character to be in Brawl like Sora, Cloud, or Chrono. Geno is not a video game icon, so Nintendo won't be striving as hard to get him as they would for Sonic.

I've seen some bad stuff in my time surfing the internets. *cringe*

I didn't sense any sarcasm, sorry. And yeah I was ignoring you, you were sounding like an annoying fanboy.
That comment was under the perspective of Nintendo asking to use the character, assuming they do...

You seem to be under the assumption the Square will ask to use Geno. If anything, Nintendo will go to them. We have proof Sakurai liked the idea of the character and asked around about him....If he was interested enough he COULD have gone to them/

Of course Square isn't going to ask Nintendo to use Geno, but Sakurai may ask them

If they have to pay Square it would be a third party character, weather it has a Mushroom icon or not.
What's your point? Does it matter in the first place? There is NO limit to 3rd party

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
You barely had any relevant reasoning. You're trolling by harassing the fine Geno supporters. There is a fine line between stating an opinion and calling people out for supporting a character.
Since when was I calling people out?!

I was stating my opinion in the Official Geno Thread, a thread made to discuss Geno, and so I discussed. Then I was bombarded by immature comments. I did nothing wrong.

You need to know when to spot a troll when you see one, and I, sir, am no troll.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
He isn't a troll. You are merely to arrogant to think of him as anything else, he gives reason why he thinks Geno shouldn't be in and you flame him or make blunt and immature comments.
And you... who the hell do you think you are? Where did you even come from? That member is most definitely a troll. I didn't flame him for stating reasons but I did label him as a troll for harassing members. I don't care who started it, but if you'd like to be labeled as policing members (aka trolling) or supporting those who troll, you know what that makes you? A troll too. Grow up or leave. :ohwell:

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
And you... who the hell do you think you are? Where did you even come from? That member is most definitely a troll. I didn't flame him for stating reasons but I did label him as a troll for harassing members. I don't care who started it, but if you'd like to be labeled as policing members (aka trolling) or supporting those who troll, you know what that makes you? A troll too. Grow up or leave. :ohwell:
Please do me a favor, quote me, showing how I was insulting someone. And ogeL is not a troll either. He was doing the same thing as me, stating his opinion, without insulting the members. He supported me because we have the same views.

You need to know a troll when you see one, like Mathieu21.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno isn't really a 3rd party character, but a Mario character that happens to be owned by a 3rd party...there IS a difference.

If Square would get a rep it would be a 3rd party character, developed solely by Square but we want Geno as a Mario character, which has the unfortunate stance of being owned by Square.

We don't want him to be Square's full representation

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Please do me a favor, quote me, showing how I was insulting someone. And ogeL is not a troll either. He was doing the same thing as me, stating his opinion, without insulting the members. He supported me because we have the same views.

You need to know a troll when you see one, like Mathieu21.
All right fine, you did state your opinion in an orderly fashion. I don't have a problem with that, just please reread what I quoted you on and try not to say Geno won't be in Brawl due to reasoning without proof. I guess I was a bit harsh, so I apologize to you and ogel.

Cless

Smash Champion
Wow, GTS, you need to take it down a notch. People are gonna come in and post what they want regardless of how angrily you type. Whether they're a troll or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno isn't really a 3rd party character, but a Mario character that happens to be owned by a 3rd party...there IS a difference.

If Square would get a rep it would be a 3rd party character, developed solely by Square but we want Geno as a Mario character, which has the unfortunate stance of being owned by Square.

Example: Think of a parent who has custody over a child (Square with Geno)

opposed to Sonic...Which is more like a babysitter looking after the child for a while (or something)

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
All right fine, you did state your opinion in an orderly fashion. I don't have a problem with that, just please reread what I quoted you on and try not to say Geno won't be in Brawl due to reasoning without proof. I guess I was a bit harsh, so I apologize to you and ogel.
Thank you. Just try not to jump on the ignorant bandwagon as some of these other Geno supporters did, mainly Psycho. Regarding my post, all the reasoning I had was due to pure logic. Can I see someone debunk my statements?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thank you. Just try not to jump on the ignorant bandwagon as some of these other Geno supporters did, mainly Psycho. Regarding my post, all the reasoning I had was due to pure logic. Can I see someone debunk my statements?
Debunk mine first

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
This has probably been covered already, but some of you guys are a bit too quick to call troll on another member for saying why he thinks Geno won't be in brawl.

I personally don't see Geno being a playable character, I'd love for it to happen, as Geno is probably my number one favorite video game character, along with Mario and Kirby. I won't deny that there is a ton of evidence supporting his appearance as a playable character, but I won't lie to myself that there is also evidence against him as a playable character.

You guys want a good example of a troll? Mathieu21 is the winner in this situation. His previous posts in this topic already prove to us that he dislikes Geno, and doesn't want him in brawl. His sudden change of heart, going on and on about how he loves Geno just shows that he's being sarcastic and mocking the rest of the Geno fans.

That's a troll, a perfect example of one, and one that is highly annoying and is better off being ignored. ParamoreRiot isn't a troll. I mod SPPf, I see trolls every day. ParamoreRiot isn't a troll, he's not even insulting anyone here. Mathieu21, however is, though I'd highly suggest ignoring him, since that seems to be the best option as of now. I'd say let the mods deal with him, but seeing as how the mods have dealt with previous trolls in this topic, ignoring is the best option.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
lol

Unlike IGN, could anyone find and email a S-E rep and find out? Or better yet, post it so we can all fill S-E's inbox with questions?

Poll- request was high

Online commnity- Request high

Chances - still slim do to too much effort for a side character. I would still love Geno to be in though, he would be my main. Chances are still as good as any other.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, give me something to debunk. The only post I saw was that one saying that Geno will be in solely because he is awesome.

opposed to Sonic...Which is more like a babysitter looking after the child for a while (or something)

Geno wasn't the SOLE production of ONLY Square...He was developed by both Nintendo AND Square...However, Square has custody of him.

Geno's situation =/= Snake, Sonic, and Megaman...since he was the product of Nintendo and Square

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Geno wasn't the SOLE production of ONLY Square...He was developed by both Nintendo AND Square...However, Square has custody of him.

Geno's situation =/= Snake, Sonic, and Megaman...since he was the product of Nintendo and Square
But those 3rd parties weren't made with Nintendo. I'm not against you, just stating the facts.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord

Not to sound rude, but what you want won't happen. Geno IS third party and thats that. No matter if he is apart of the Mario universe or not. Geno was developed by a third party, Square-Enix, therefore being completely third party. Square having custody of Geno further proves that he is completely third party.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
But according to Sakurai, he is considered a Mario character and will not take a third party spot. And if they have an agreement on letting them use Geno, then it actually raises the chances of a real Square representative IMO.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
But according to Sakurai, he is considered a Mario character and will not take a third party spot. And if they have an agreement on letting them use Geno, then it actually raises the chances of a real Square representative IMO.

That never happend. Link, or it didn't happen at least.

Geno would be a toss up as to who he would represent. Its both a Nintendo and SE joint game, so he could be either. Nobody will really know untill he is offcially confirmed or deconfirmed.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Your not seeing the point though. Geno IS third party therefore taking up a third party slot, regardless of what game universe he is in. The fact that he is from the Mario universe lowers his chances IMO, because of the fact that Mario has plenty of representation in the Super Smash Bros. series.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
even if he didnt say that geno only been in mario games, in other words square's geno is technically called a mario rep., he may cost some but he won't cost a whole lot, because of him not havin any rep. of his own and instead havin a rep. in nintendo's game. im not sayin he's not third party, im just sayin that they probally wouldn't charge nintendo a whole lot for his inclucion which would help the chances of yet another third party charater and another mario rep. at that..... i would include geno as like a 2nd and 1/2 party......they still have enough for a third party while geno isn't a nintendo created character so they also could include another mario rep (bowser jr. maybe)

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
WEll, there's the fact that geno, while third party by law, seems to be first party in spirit.

Realy, it's a very messy situation as to exactly what his "true" status is. In times like this, expect the worst and hope for the best.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Can someone post where Sakurai said that? I've never seen it and everyone throws it around.
I don't know if he litteraly said this, other than the melee poll in which Geno and Mallow were under the Mario category rather than the 3rd party one.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Your not seeing the point though. Geno IS third party therefore taking up a third party slot, regardless of what game universe he is in. The fact that he is from the Mario universe lowers his chances IMO, because of the fact that Mario has plenty of representation in the Super Smash Bros. series.
I dont know much about legal information, but I don't see why being part of the mario universe lowers his chances. He only has 2 main competition, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. Plus, the Mario franchise can easily have 6 reps(or even more depending on the amount of characters in the final roster).

Cless

Smash Champion
I really wish everyone would stop saying Geno wouldn't cost that much. You have no basis to say that. You have no idea what kind of contract they would work out, if Squeenix would even charge, or what they would charge (flat out cash, guaranteed collaborations, commissions on every copy of Brawl sold).

Yeah, I can see Mario having 6 or 7 reps. I mean, it arguably the most important franchise in the history of video games.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
There's two open spots for the Mario series ATM, considering the Doc is probably gone, so it's not as low as you'd believe. And you can't blame Mario for having plenty of representation, he MAKES Nintendo what it is.

The whole "cost-low" thing is an assumption based off of the small cameo Geno played in M&L:SS. They loaned it to Nintendo for a low-profile small job, so if Sakurai wanted him playable, (I guess here's where speculation comes in) it wouldn't cost too much either.

A perfect WTF/obscure character, part of the Mario universe, and appeared nowhere outside it, Sakurai's shown plenty of interest, I think he'd fit the bill fine. Once again, as I've said IF there was a Square-Enix meeting (which there probably was considering a musician from Square working at Brawl), there's no doubt Geno was brought up at least once; it all boils down to if they agreed or not.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
and y wouldn't they agree like you said its a perfect wtf character that no one knows, like the ice climbers or game and watch, and it could potential allow him to start showin up in his own series they could make for him. because most of the world really doesn't know who he is. so it could possibly do what roy and marth did in melee, if they start a whole series for him....plus it would make a great return from an old game like mario rpg (favorite game of all time until feb. 10)

Top Bottom