• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I saw that awhile ago in the topic here in smashboards of the guy that created it. There will be a final episode of 3 parts, one part coming out on Friday in which Geno and others appear in the "third party alliance".

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I will make 1 more sprite comic of Geno versus someone but here is the list of opponents he has fought so far:

Waluigi
Wario
MetaKnight
Sonic
Lucas
Fox
Ice Climbers
Ridley
Mario
Ganon

Only requests I haven't done are Dark Geno and Jr. But the thing is I can't make a good Geno versus Geno 1.

D

Deleted member

Unlike IGN, could anyone find and email a S-E rep and find out? Or better yet, post it so we can all fill S-E's inbox with questions?

Poll- request was high

Online commnity- Request high

Chances - still slim do to too much effort for a side character. I would still love Geno to be in though, he would be my main. Chances are still as good as any other.
Lol, shucks. You make me laugh. I like your support but really, have you even played Mario RPG. I don't mean to be rude but Geno was in fact not a supporting side character. He played the biggest role in Mario RPG. If anythin' Mario, Peach, Bowser and Mallow were side characters. Who wanted to save Star Road? Geno. Who wanted to defeat Smithy? Geno but he couldn't do it alone and this is where Mario comes in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really wish everyone would stop saying Geno wouldn't cost that much. You have no basis to say that. You have no idea what kind of contract they would work out, if Squeenix would even charge, or what they would charge (flat out cash, guaranteed collaborations, commissions on every copy of Brawl sold).
He's a third party character from a first party franchise and he hasn't had a important role in a game for 11 years... Compared to the likes of Sonic or Megaman, yes, he'd definately cost less especially when you consider how he was in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga without Square Enix even truely being involved in the game's development. If he cost a lot, do you think Nintendo would have forked over the cash just for him to have a mere cameo?

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
He's a third party character from a first party franchise and he hasn't had a important role in a game for 11 years... Compared to the likes of Sonic or Megaman, yes, he'd definately cost less especially when you consider how he was in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga without Square Enix even truely being involved in the game's development. If he cost a lot, do you think Nintendo would have forked over the cash just for him to have a mere cameo?
What took you so long? As they said, " Heroes always arrive late." :chuckle:

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, Squeenix most likely thought that it wasn't worth it to charge a lot for his inclusion as a cameo for that game. That wasn't a high profile game. Brawl is though, and is guaranteed to sell millions. You don't know what Squeenix would want. They're two entirely different situations.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
To the naysayers who say that it would be too much work to get Geno in, are you serious? If Nintendo went through the legal process once to get Geno a small cameo appearance (M&L:SSS), then what would stop them from doing it again to get a full blown appearance. It is completely possible that Geno can make it in. It would not be that hard at all. It all really boils down to whether or not Sakurai felt strong enough about Geno to add him. Since it is already being printed in Japan, the final decision has been made. And I think that Geno is in solely due to Sakurai's shown interest and "how much cooler Geno is than all the other possible choices (jk)". but seriously.

Cless

Smash Champion
I didn't say that Nintendo wouldn't approach Squeenix. I said that we don't know what Squeenix would want and they could be ***** about it if they want.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I didn't say that Nintendo wouldn't approach Squeenix. I said that we don't know what Squeenix would want and they could be ***** about it if they want.
They would if it was someone like Cloud or Sora, but Geno, I think it will probably go a bit easy.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think it matters. They don't stand to lose anything by his not being in the game, and they probably don't really gain much in the long run if he is in the game. The ball is in Squeenix's court.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
I think that if they include Geno in Brawl, it will spread the word about his awesomeness. And they can feature him in future games like maybe the next Mario Party or something. I think that if he kicks enough a** as a playable character, he can benefit Nintendo and Sqeenix because his popularity will increase like so. And if they make a Super Mario RPG 2, like there are rumors of, Geno can be a major character again and it can be possible to revive him.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I agree, this game could be the revival of something great. If he's in then it opens a door of possibilities

Cless

Smash Champion
I think that if they include Geno in Brawl, it will spread the word about his awesomeness. And they can feature him in future games like maybe the next Mario Party or something. I think that if he kicks enough a** as a playable character, he can benefit Nintendo and Sqeenix because his popularity will increase like so. And if they make a Super Mario RPG 2, like there are rumors of, Geno can be a major character again and it can be possible to revive him.
Mario Party doesn't affect Squeenix, and Super Mario RPG 2 can be made without Geno.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
Yes, Super Mario RPG CAN be made without Geno. However, if Geno does appear in Super Mario RPG 2, ALL the Geno fans plus new fans from his possible Brawl appearance would harness fans which consequently means more money, which would be a better business situation. And to be honest, if Geno doesn't appear in a new Super Mario RPG, that may be enough to turn me and some Geno fans off of the game.

Oh, and BTW I knew Mario Party didn't effect Squeenix, however if Geno is revived because of Brawl, Geno can be included and consequently make more money because non-Mario Party playing Geno fans will buy it also.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I don't like any character enough not to buy a game if he's not in it.

Guy with the Takamaru question, listen to SMYN.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a pattern in naysayers of Geno. This doesn't apply to them all, but it does mark a good majority of them.

1.) Their sole reason that Geno shouldn't be in Brawl is that they don't want him to be in Brawl.

and...

2.) They say Geno has no chance because he's only been a secondary character in one game... then go on to say Cloud is a better choice.

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai went up to Square and asked "How much for Cloud?" how much do you think he'll cost?

Same question but for Geno.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on my own version of Geno's moves, I made the sprites for all the moves using the in-game sprites (all made in Paint BTW), here is the result:

And here are the explanations:

Intro : In my opinion this is the only possible intro, the doll is surrounded by a light and the star posseses it, it then grows to human size.

Alts from left to right : Normal, My version of Robo-Geno, the obligatory Dark Geno, Fire Geno, and my version of the Golden Geno

A-A-A... : He throws one punch, then another, and then you keep pressing the A button for a series of punches similar to Kirby's but slower and stronger

Dash-A : Geno runs and when you push the A button both of his fists detach and fly a short distance, then they return to Geno (you can compare this to Link's boomerang in Melee, the fists hit when they return too but they fly a shorter distance)

Tilts:

A-> and A-< : A regular kick forward or backward

A-^ : Regular Headbutt

A-v : A kick directed to the ground

Smashes (chargeable):

A-> : Geno extends his hand and charges, depending on the time you charge the amount of finger bullets he fires increases

A-v : Geno circles with one extended leg, hits anything surrounding him

A-^ : Geno raises his arms transformed into guns, charges and when you release the A button he moves his arms in an arc motion, leaving stars in their path, the stars travel a bit upward (not much)

Aerials:

A : Geno spins with the arms stretched, a star glows on the tip of his fists

A-> : Forward kick, a star glows on the tip of his foot (think of Zelda, but less powerful)

A-< : Backward kick, same as above, but travels a bit backwards

A-v : Shoots two pellets to the ground, this propels him a BIT up but could be spamable enough to let you use it repeatedly, that way your fall would be slower

A-^ : Geno extends his arms and hits the enemy up him with the head

Specials:

B-Geno Beam : Geno charges and releases his beam, the beam rapidly travels forward a not-so-short distance and stays in place; the longer you charge, the longer the Beam stays in place

B-V-Geno Blast : Geno raises his arms, colored blows strike on both sides of him, both not directly up him (you can say it's like Pikachus thunder, but it doesn't strike on you)

B-^-Rocket Shoes : Geno expells his shoes and travels up a distance with both fists raised, this hits anyone on his pats AND whoever is hit by the shoes is also damaged. Since the shoes would "regenerate", Geno's shoes could also be used as an item (like Samus' suit)

B->-Geno Whirl! : You know how this works, a series of discs fly quickly DEALING 999% TO EVERYONE IT HITS!!! :twisted: ... just kidding, decent damage...

Final Smash: Geno turns into a cannon and shoots a sun to the center of the stage, it then expands to burn anyone it touches.

I couldn't draw the but here are the throws:

Throw-forward : Punches the enemy and it flies forward

Throw-back : Does a backward kick that send the enemy backwards

Throw-down : Throws the enemy to the floor and then shoots a couple of pellets to him (similar to Fox's down throw)

Throw-up : Thows the enemy to the air and shoots a tiny star that explodes when it touches the enemy (the explosion is very tiny, but is enough to deal 5-7% damage)

There you have it, please let me know your opinions :D

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I've noticed a pattern in naysayers of Geno. This doesn't apply to them all, but it does mark a good majority of them.

1.) Their sole reason that Geno shouldn't be in Brawl is that they don't want him to be in Brawl.

and...

2.) They say Geno has no chance because he's only been a secondary character in one game... then go on to say Cloud is a better choice.
3.) Are members of R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That moveset and sprite are awesome!!!! I really like your B^ attack, ROCKET SHOES!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What took you so long? As they said, " Heroes always arrive late." :chuckle:
Just doing other things like playing raquetball.

I've noticed that Pieman has come back and his behavior baffles me. From what I've noticed in the past two months, he comes into this thread about once a week, stays for about two days, says the same things and then leaves suddenly to only return the next week and have the cycle begin again. He argues against Geno, despite being a fan of him, and usually trivializes or belittles any points that anyone brings up that concern A) Geno having a decent chance of making it or B) Geno not having an enormous amount of roadblocks in order to show up. It wouldn't be fair to call him a troll because, unlike people like Mathieu21, he's highly intelligent and goes in full detail in his arguements and usually makes longwinded posts like mine. He does, however, seem dead set on that Geno's chances are close to nothing despite other people who are against Geno at least giving him a chance, although small.

Allow me to present the 10 things that Pieman usually says in a David Letterman fashion:

10. There's no evidence that Sakurai has any interest in Geno.

(You know, despite the 5 mentions in the toukeden but then again, he claims that neither that or the 2001 Melle poll have had any role in what characters have become playable despite tons of evidence showing otherwise.)

9. For all we know, Yoko Shimomura is bringing the Street Fighter themes she has done to Brawl.

(... yes, he has actually said this despite, you know, Brawl being focused on Nintendo's history. The three games she has composed for Nintendo were all three of the Non-Paper Mario RPGs and we all know what her most popular theme from those games is.)

8. Super Mario RPG already has representation in Brawl through Mario, Peach, and Bowser.

(His arguement is that no game in a franchise should be completely singled out from the others. I think this arguement is strange considering how it's more then obvious that Kirby Superstar, DK Jungle Beat, and Twilight Princess are receiving more focus then other games in their franchises and how Sakurai appears to be trying to cover as much of a franchise's history as possible.)

7. Because Geno's third party, he'd cost a lot.

(As I said, Geno's a third party character in a first party franchise and hasn't had an important role in 11 years. He appeared in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga without Square Enix becoming truely involved in the game's development. Logically, if Geno was truely expensive, would Nintendo have forked over the money just to give him a cameo?)

6. Because Geno's third party, he would be relatively hard to get.

(Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was developed by a second party called Alpha Dream. Alpha Dream was started by a former President of Square Enix and both Mario games they have had were directed by the two people who directed Super Mario RPG. There is strong evidence that all of these people were involved in Geno's appearance in MaL:SSS. Alpha Dream is still second party to Nintendo and all three of these people still work for Nintendo so why couldn't this happen again?)

5. There's no proof that Nintendo and Square Enix are on good enough terms to warrant them having a character in Brawl.

(You know, despite the two Mario games they have made together in the past 1 1/2 years, the many Nintendo exclusives either out or planned for the DS and Wii, and how they are helping Nintendo launch Wiiware later this year. Obviously, they're relationship is worlds better then it was in the N64 and even the Gamecube era.)

4. If Square Enix wanted a rep in Brawl, they'd obviously choose someone else like Sora or Cloud.

(As I've said in the past, Sora and Cloud hardly qualify because as of late 2006, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories stopped being an Nintendo exclusive. Everyone else is either overwelming popular in only one region (like the hero of the Dragon Quest games), generic (like Mog and Black Mage), or not completely suitable to fully represent SE as a whole (like Chocobo and Slime). Some argue that it should be Crono but SE already said in April of 2006 that the game's legal issues were so twisted that it wasn't even going to have a game on the Wii's VC or the Playstation Network thus killing his chances entirely, unfortunately. Also, when you sit down and think about it, how many third parties can really say they made a Mario character or even one that has a decent fanbase to boot? Brawl is about Nintendo's history and the other two third party characters have had interactions with Mario (the Mario and Yoshi cameos in Snake Eater and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games) so why add Geno especially when you consider how SMRPG was the first major joint project between Nintendo and a third party.)

3. Even if Geno were added, he wouldn't be able to pay off his rental costs since SMRPG was released 11 years ago.

(Considering how relatively cheap Geno would be to get, it wouldn't be hard to pay off. He is right about Mario RPG was released 11 years ago but he neglects how there's the virtual console and the sales of those games are almost 100% profit because of many factors. With this said, Geno could easily pay off himself within the course of a single week (assuming that most VC games sell the most on the day they are released).)

2. Super Mario RPG was a small game in the Mario franchise and thus doesn't warrant anymore representation then it already has like Peach's frying pan attack.

(As I've said in the past, Super Mario RPG was a very important game in both Nintendo and the Mario franchises' history. For Nintendo, it was Nintendo's first isometric 3D game, it was the first major project between Nintendo and a third party, and it was first Nintendo game to feature all of Nintendo's then major franchises in the same game (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, F-Zero, and Star Fox). For Mario, it introduced many concepts that were used in many of the later games like star collecting, communicating with enemies, etc, it was the first Mario game to have a complete story and character development, it was the first Mario game where Mario and Bowser teamed up, it was the first Mario game where Peach was given truely unique attributes, etc. If anything, SMRPG is one of Mario's most underrated games and certainly deserves more credit then it has been given.)

And for the one thing that Pieman usually says during his visits:

1. I'm a fan of Geno too but I know his chances are pretty much non-existant and the rest of you are just grasping at straws and horribly disillusioned because of your own fanboyism. :/

(That little face at the end is his way of letting you know that he thinks that you're completely insane if you disagree with him and that the very fact that you're alive annoys him because of it. :laugh: If you have gone through all of this, I think I have shown that Geno has a decent chance of making the cut and he doesn't have any enormous backdraws. Unsurprizingly, the arguements I have shown on this page are commonly used by other "anti-Geno fans" and I think I have covered most of the bases. Feel free to use this as a reference if you'd like in the future.)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
There you have it, please let me know your opinions :D

Better explanation to some of them, like Link's boomerang. But Geno whirl shouldn't be cheated as such. A good way of you to use 1 sprite style only.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Laser eyes? Guh?
Came up with 2 ideas 1 day for discussing new moves

Geno rocket shoes and Geno eye beams

Look at this:

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=genomovessj0.png

Alright heres some explanation:

A, 1 punch, AA, 2 punches, AAA 3 punches, repeated like Kirby's A pushed alot and some pellets come out his hand if A is held.

A> Propels him back a bit but his fist goes out like Samus' missle 1 or both fists

A V is like Diddy's rocket barell thing but his feet detach and hit whoever is next to or under him

A ^ is Ness' attack

Running A is a simple run and kick

Taunt: Geno Boost, makes him stronger for about 30 seconds and he will glow, after a while glow starts to fade and at 30 seconds its gone, can't be spammed, other wise after 1 use its a flashy effect that doesn't help him

A charged make him shoot pellets

A charged foward Elbows to hand snaps back and he reveals his guns and shoots, pellets or stars (Only if A is pushed) If A is held it powers Geno Beam

A down charged makes him do a round house kick, like Samus or Mario

A up charged shoots cannonballs in a controled direction

A up is headbutt

A down is same

A foward or back does a smash kick

B charged is Geno eye beam since A foward held, charged A is Geno Beam (Needs to be charged)

B foward back and front is Geno Whirl

B Down is Geno flash (Needs to be charged)

B up is a uppercut

FS Geno Blast when sun thing explodes it fills up center of stage and acts like a smart bomb or a bonzai bill and kills players, works off screen like Dragoon

throws are explained

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Also fatman nice deatiled explanation of his flaws in arguements, although he might not read it for another month it would be a good way to not attack but rather critique upon himself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also fatman nice deatiled explanation of his flaws in arguements, although he might not read it for another month it would be a good way to not attack but rather critique upon himself.
Like I said, he comes in an average of once a week, leaves, and then comes back arguing the same things except to different people.

Top Bottom