• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
My idea, he improved on it however.
His idea indeed, I just made the sprite :)

I took inspiration on his moves but I did changed some moves, like the Eye Beam, although it sounds really cool I don't think it would be added since it wasn't in the game :ohwell:

I hope you liked my sprites aswell it was an awful lot of work! :psycho:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
His idea indeed, I just made the sprite :)

I took inspiration on his moves but I did changed some moves, like the Eye Beam, although it sounds really cool I don't think it would be added since it wasn't in the game :ohwell:

I hope you liked my sprites aswell it was an awful lot of work! :psycho:
I commened them a well done and hard job, I admire your dedication, course I do :laugh:

As for the sprites, you can get the here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/mario/rpg/mlcustoms/

and

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/mario/rpg/smrpg/

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Just a few short months ago I saw Geno as the hopeful of a young boy(me), but with all the support he garners at the mere mention of his name, I believe my childish dream is close to reality. So close I can taste it, I think it would be a mistake not to include him.

BTW
my favorite games of all time are

Super Smash Bros. Melee
SMRPG:LOTSS
Final Fantasy Tactics(no way in brawl but still a good game : )

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just a few short months ago I saw Geno as the hopeful of a young boy(me), but with all the support he garners at the mere mention of his name, I believe my childish dream is close to reality. So close I can taste it, I think it would be a mistake not to include him.

BTW
my favorite games of all time are

Super Smash Bros. Melee
SMRPG:LOTSS
Final Fantasy Tactics(no way in brawl but still a good game : )
Your top three list is almost the same as mine. Instead of FFT, I have Chrono Trigger.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice

Boofer

Smash Ace
After looking at the amount of posts in this thread compared to the amount in every other character specific thread, I noticed that not including Geno would be a huge blow to the Smash Community. 14,000 posts is ridiculous. Come on Sakurai, it can't be too much to ask.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
After looking at the amount of posts in this thread compared to the amount in every other character specific thread, I noticed that not including Geno would be a huge blow to the Smash Community. 14,000 posts is ridiculous. Come on Sakurai, it can't be too much to ask.
We know that most gaming companies have representatives who search forums and websites looking for input and ideas. Miyamoto talked about the Zelda time lines and how he liked the thought others had, and Nomura had people search for Kingdom Hearts related stuff and talked during interviews how he was sad he couldn't implement certain things even though they were in high demand.

The odds are that Sakurai will also be searching...maybe not smashboards but other sites. We can only hope!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Geno's confirmation will put this forum at war with one another. Lots of people like him and lots of people detest him.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Geno for Brawl!
lol, i wasn't sure that you wanted geno in brawl :dizzy:

Geno's confirmation will put this forum at war with one another. Lots of people like him and lots of people detest him.
ehh, i just hope everyone can come to terms that the game is the game and we can't do anything about it once it's out :p i imagine that when the game is out the forums will be at peace, and peeps will be helping each other out. you know, helping out with combos and "advanced" techniques. even though i doubt the advanced techniques will be as elaborate as they were in melee.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I can't imagine why Sakurai or his goons wouldn't be pulling information from various sites. I mean, NSiders was the US "poll." Didn't they have a big Geno support thing going for a while? Amidst all the crap like Wolf and Waluigi? :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't imagine why Sakurai or his goons wouldn't be pulling information from various sites. I mean, NSiders was the US "poll." Didn't they have a big Geno support thing going for a while? Amidst all the crap like Wolf and Waluigi? :p
I actually learned of Geno support FROM NSider...I wanted to join, but it wouldn't let me post...so I was just like "Screw this..."

I figured they would look to that site for characters people liked

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
WTF is wrong with Wolf? He is a better choice than Geno.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Completely your opinion, if Falco and Krystal get in, Star Fox really doesn't need that many more reps, considering DK still is left at 2 and we haven't seen any progress on new LoZ characters/Mother.

Geno's also a filler for the possibly last 3rd party spot. We have a winner.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If its true about looking to other forums then we must spread our alliance out to these forums:

There are fans there already but we need to confirm things from them

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Go to his thread, there are plenty of movesets there. And You just called Geno a filler character and said he would be better than Wolf. Fail.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Go to his thread, there are plenty of movesets there. And You just called Geno a filler character and said he would be better than Wolf. Fail.
Correction, I said he'd fill the last 3rd party slot. You phail for not being able to read.

Geno is plenty more unique than Wolf, I assure you. At least play the SMRPG before you create half-***** assumptions of a character you do not know of.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Correction, I said he'd fill the last 3rd party slot. You phail for not being able to read.

Geno is plenty more unique than Wolf, I assure you. At least play the SMRPG before you create half-***** assumptions of a character you do not know of.
Completely your opinion, if Falco and Krystal get in, Star Fox really doesn't need that many more reps, considering DK still is left at 2 and we haven't seen any progress on new LoZ characters/Mother.

Geno's also a filler for the possibly last 3rd party spot. We have a winner.
... And actually why don't you stop making half-*** assumptions on people, because I have played SMRPG, and I do know all of Geno's moves. ****ing Geno fanboys.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
... And actually why don't you stop making half-*** assumptions on people, because I have played SMRPG, and I do know all of Geno's moves. ****ing Geno fanboys.
Unfair dont you think? Just basing hate on 1 person?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
That is completely your opinion on whether you see him in or not, and the likes. No I'm not a Geno fanboy, I just see his chances likely as being added the next 3rd party character, and fully support his inclusion.

Nobody told you to run into the thread for no apparent reason, and say
An intended troll attempt I see. Apparently your anti-Geno. :) If you want a good villain, add someone like K. Rool - a villain bursting with personality and has appeared in more games in his home series than the main character himself.

Edit - Would you like me to change my statement? Geno would likely fill the last 3rd party spot, if Megaman doesn't make it. There, I've done it just for you. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't say Wolf is a good character, I'd add him because he's the only good star fox villain though...Definitely NOT my favorite Star Fox character, or most wanted.

Anyway, why is ANYONE comparing wolf to Geno in the first place?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Actually I am defending a character I support after someone makes a comment about him, you called me an idiot and said I "Phail" for not being able to read even though I just highlighted the part where you did say filler. And I also never said Geno would not have a unique move set but yet you said I didnt play the game, based on what? Me not liking a character?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Wolf is a good character, I'd add him because he's the only good star fox villain though...Definitely NOT my favorite Star Fox character, or most wanted.

Anyway, why is ANYONE comparing wolf to Geno in the first place?
We're not just read the previous page. BTW can you photoshop? Need to photoshop something Geno related

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
So you know that all of his moves are unique, don't you? I think that if Wolf gets in he would be similar to fox, maybe more powerful but slower IDK, but you can't say he would be better than Geno, Geno HAS moves, while Wolf doesn't ;)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So you know that all of his moves are unique, don't you? I think that if Wolf gets in he would be similar to fox, maybe more powerful but slower IDK, but you can't say he would be better than Geno, Geno HAS moves, while Wolf doesn't ;)
Do you have photoshop?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I can just as easily say that all Geno has is a hand gun (Or gun hand...), but that would be just as ignorant as someone saying Wolf would be a Fox clone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We're not just read the previous page. BTW can you photoshop? Need to photoshop something Geno related
I am able to use it...But my experience is limited...mostly based around picture manipulation.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Actually I am defending a character I support after someone makes a comment about him, you called me an idiot and said I "Phail" for not being able to read even though I just highlighted the part where you did say filler. And I also never said Geno would not have a unique move set but yet you said I didnt play the game, based on what? Me not liking a character?
Please quote me on where I called you an idiot. Yes you can't read, because your obviously seeing things.

And btw, you just popping into the thread and just saying, "Wolf is a better choice than Geno", shows no kind of argument, besides your personal whims about Wolf. If you had something to say about Wolf being a better choice than Geno, please present it in a different fashion, and not just because you love the character. You know saying such a thing would make people angry - why not just say I prefer Wolf because of... blah blah blah.

And when ever did Geno come in direct competition with Wolf? Am I mistaken - is Star Fox not a third party company and in the same series as Geno?

Top Bottom