• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I'd be more inclined to believe you if over 100 of your posts were in this thread against the inclusion of this character with the same irrelevant points. Not too mention you keep claiming you're just here because you got banned from gamefaqs and introduced yourself here as a "notorious Geno hater". What better way to spend the time than to tick off the supporters here?

I'm tired and this is the only point I will respond to. I'm just sharing my points. They aren't irrelevent, at least IMO. I think I'm not trolling because I'm open to dialogue. While my posts certainly aren't very positive between the lines, none of them are personally directed at Geno supporters. I'm leaving right now anyway, so feel free to talk about Geno.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I still wanna know where this "Geno is first-party" thing is. I checked the Toukoken and I can't find anything Sakurai said about Geno being first-party in his eyes.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I still wanna know where this "Geno is first-party" thing is. I checked the Toukoken and I can't find anything Sakurai said about Geno being first-party in his eyes.
The only thing I'm getting is people were saying in the Melee poll, Geno was listed under the Super Mario series instead of 3rd party.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yes, that's where they got it from.

Sakurai considers him first party because he was under first party in the polls for Melee, even though he's third.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm leaving right now anyway, so feel free to talk about Geno.
Your chances of leaving this topic altogether are about as good as Geno's appearance as a playable character in Brawl.

I base this off the evidence in which you've stated you're leaving, only to return shortly afterwards.

I guess Geno's chances just jumped up a notch then, eh ;)

Assuming, of course, that when you state you're leaving, you mean for good, and not for a few minutes/hours/days.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Just for reference, I'm transcribing my post on another forum where I went through 4/5 Geno entries in the Toukoken. I couldn't find the fifth, but it does exist apparently.

"Found the first Geno entry. It's number 14.
#14 - The guy, HiGe, says that Mario RPG is his favorite game and that Sakurai having yet to represent it seems to upset him. He basically says it was a great game and that Geno would be a fun character because of the finer points he plays in the plot (being a soulless doll to the sad ending, apparently).
#86 - An anecdote: his favorite game as a youth was Mario RPG, and he still plays it today as a high schooler. And his favorite character was Geno. He says that he has the skills and charm to be a great character.
#268 - Requests Geno because he's a well-loved character (mentions the 10 years since RPG). Says RPG was memorable for its setting and music more than anything. Rest of entry is about other stuff, like how great the Ice Climbers were in Melee.
#247 - He goes: "You said to say what we truly wanted, so 'Put Geno in already!'" No lies.
#276 - Huh. This is an interesting letter. The guy wants some song in the game that got translated funky ("the rice cake remaining overnight"), and it doesn't mention the game. BUT then he goes on saying that, if Sakurai could, he needs to include "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" from Mario RPG, and maybe even the Forest Maze stage. The author adds that this song is copyrighted to Square-Enix, but could still appear if "Geno is participating *wink wink*""

I like the second to last guy's the best ;)

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20070427032312/www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/list.html

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Just for reference, I'm transcribing my post on another forum where I went through 4/5 Geno entries in the Toukoken. I couldn't find the fifth, but it does exist apparently.

"Found the first Geno entry. It's number 14.
#14 - The guy, HiGe, says that Mario RPG is his favorite game and that Sakurai having yet to represent it seems to upset him. He basically says it was a great game and that Geno would be a fun character because of the finer points he plays in the plot (being a soulless doll to the sad ending, apparently).
#86 - An anecdote: his favorite game as a youth was Mario RPG, and he still plays it today as a high schooler. And his favorite character was Geno. He says that he has the skills and charm to be a great character.
#268 - Requests Geno because he's a well-loved character (mentions the 10 years since RPG). Says RPG was memorable for its setting and music more than anything. Rest of entry is about other stuff, like how great the Ice Climbers were in Melee.
#247 - He goes: "You said to say what we truly wanted, so 'Put Geno in already!'" No lies.

I could've sworn there was an entry asking for Beware the Forest Mushrooms and the Forest Maze as a stage, but I bet I missed it since I was just doing a scan for Geno."

I like the last guy's the best ;)

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20070427032312/www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/list.html
No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

*1. This guy speaks fondly of Super Mario RPG, how he loved it as a kid, and even after 10 years, it's still his favorite game of all time. He then requests Geno, gives a brief description and explains why he'd like Geno in the game. He then basically says, and God love him for saying it, "Because you (referring to Sakurai) are such a nice guy, I'm sure Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us."

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

*2. This one isn't all the different from the one above. He talks about his long history with SMRPG and how "like an oak tree, my love for this game has grown more and more with each passing year." He then requests Geno and tells Sakurai what qualities he likes about Geno's character

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ
*(He talks about wanting Geno for Brawl and his favorite beverage and thanks Sakurai)

*4. For most of this entry, this guy goes on and on about why he loves the Ice Climbers and hopes that they return. Later, he requests Geno and Mallow for Brawl. He basically says "they are so unique that I'm sure many people would love to play as them."

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere! -->

*5. This guy's pretty long winded like the previous guy was. He talks about how much he loved the Brawl's main theme and can't wait to hear how the rest of game's music sounds. He's utterly blown away about how much potential Brawl has music wise sense so many people and franchises are going to be involved. He then requests the tune "Forest Maze" from SMRPG. He talks about why he loves the theme but he's a little considered about whether or not it'll make it since Square Enix owns it. After that, he then basically says, "since it wouldn't make much sense to just add the tune to the game, why not make Geno a playable character too?"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice has it, ask him, pm him, etc.
Machspeed already explained it. Nintendo offically classified Geno as a Mario character rather then a third party character in the Melee poll results which were made public in 2003. This doesn't change that Geno's third party but it does show that if Geno were playable in Brawl, he'd be classified as a Mario character instead of being expected to represent all of Square Enix.

@ the above: What happened to the fourth entry? You have my brief translation of it but you left it out...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Geno is third party, but Sakurai said Geno would not take up a "guest character" spot because he's canon-icly part of the Mario Universe.

So, if Geno gets in, he doesn't hinder the chances of Megaman or Pac-Man (or Bonk, for that matter :p), calm down with those "megamaman has priority!" claims.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Your chances of leaving this topic altogether are about as good as Geno's appearance as a playable character in Brawl.

I base this off the evidence in which you've stated you're leaving, only to return shortly afterwards.

I guess Geno's chances just jumped up a notch then, eh ;)

Assuming, of course, that when you state you're leaving, you mean for good, and not for a few minutes/hours/days.
by your logic genos chances are none existent cause that was the chances of him leaving altogether.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
by your logic genos chances are none existent cause that was the chances of him leaving altogether.
I suppose you're right, I worded that completely wrong. I'd fix it but what is done is done, and had I fixed it in favor of Geno being in brawl, I'd become a hypocrite, because as much as I'd love for him to appear as a playable character in brawl, the evidence for him so far has yet to sway me.

Plus, I don't want to suffer a disappointment, so until the full character roster is released, I'll continue to not get my hopes up for Geno to be playable.

I'd love it, I really would, but I just don't see it happening, even with all the evidence thrown in my face via the topic.

And for you supporters, by all means I am not trying to troll or anger anyone, I'd love for Geno to be playable. I mean I don't even see much going against him, I just don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed haha.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay... I'm really sick of posting this over and over again so this time I took an extra step and even provide the translations retranslated back into Japanese. Here's everything... the whole she-bang... the japanese (in white), the english literal translations (in blue), and my brief translations for each of the 5 entries (in red)...

No.14
ニックネーム及びHiGe 反射の貢献の主題* 特性に関する…ほとんどの第1 ハンマーか。それは???? とある事。あなたのによる、それが??????? RPG は. 非常に興味のその時間の友人に...... 借りるCM を、見てようである方法が...... 方法のそれを戻すことを確信していたをよくそれはあなたのによってとるに足らない事を、非常に好むそのゲームを取っておいた。ゲームの元の特性の精神が存在するところそ、否人形およびGee の中で。年少の心では、それは反射との彼に非常にとどまった。その時に販売がそれ小学校学生だったので、自由にする時があった。そのために、それまたであることは......, それが終りの悲しい意味決してでないが、ところに速いそうなったものであるために待たれている単にちょうど小さく寂しい分離非常に取り除く。次の仕事があったら、考え、それ確かに、それであることはGee の否に会うことができるが、... 速いので、それを既に渡す時間はよい年齢になった、(確かに笑うことにこのアンケート、覚えなかったどちらかGee の否の事を、おそらくそうであるなかった。アンケートに答えている間、多分する及び... 少しを期待しているちょうどちょうど会うことができる時あるどうか、それ増加するない、

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

This person wants Geno in Brawl because Super Mario RPG was his favorite game growing up and he first played it in Kindergarten. He was very sad that Geno went back up into the heavens at the end of SMRPG and didn't appear in the following RPG, Paper Mario. He says that it is a good time to bring him back. He finishes by basically saying to Sakurai, "since you're such a nice guy, I bet Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us." (God love him for saying it. )

第86
ニックネーム及び初め反射の貢献の主題* 特性の初めに関する…! か。どれがか。か。か。であるか。新たな業務それはあり、刺激された! ! 反射はへのか。か。か。、概念ととゲームから... か。か。言うところか。私が否Gee を...! 愛するRPG! Gee の否のライン配置回転及び技術及び。非常にあるのは椅子の来ることである。_ 最初演劇時間未熟幼稚園子供(!) あ、しかし今既にそれあ高等学校学生。は均一にのためにそれゲーム渡った多くか10 年は好み時折あなたがしたあることがである。か。カシはが、よく理解しないで、傷つく感じでする今それとのそれ全然異なっているある、考えないか。する。また... 非常に楽しいことを理解される達されるGee の否ポイントの魅力から、* それが人形のおよび/または、真実を言うことは星のメッセンジャーのとき、"干し草真実を言う否はない! "それは単語であるか。か。か。か。cuteness 、(笑う) 及び... ED を強制する少しビットkana 。それの再度青いふた! 生産は、^ ^ 辛抱するか。楽しまれたかどれが!

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

Here's another person who grew up with Super Mario RPG and also discovered it when he was in Kindergarten. He's now in high school but it is still his favorite game and he still breaks it out every once and a while. He comments that "like an oak tree, his love for the game grows with each passing year." He then talks about what he likes about Geno and how he wishes to see him return.

第247
ニックネーム及び海きゅうりの貢献の主題及び左右される等。既に偽りなく頼む。考えるこれは10 の手紙の構成として示された。"要求Gee 消すこと! "そして好みあなたが書く飲料。好みの飲料: か。か。か。か。

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

This one's a bit odd. This guy requests Geno but, to avoid having his entry to be too short for submission, he asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is and then tells him his.

第268
ニックネーム及びか。か。か。反射の貢献の主題* 今日特性に関する…、始まるか。あなたが既に即座に揺り動かされたこのページは発見される! ! いいえか。私は前か。か。か。ゲームで愛する第1 べきべきするか。今まで。その毎日はそれをした。両方ともか。か。か。と考える、それ素晴しい段階、映画および音楽は可能、ある。か。か。か。のでか。あなたが私、弟および姉妹のまわりになかったり、または1 人と増加されておよび、あなたは全然疲れている育たなかったが友人。1 人と愉快に遊ぶことができる考察はそれを病気かぐこのゲームの量あるべきであるである。私は疲れさせた、大抵する、ゲームをすぐ、それある育つ。ためにこれのために全然疲れている育たない。考えるべきでそれがむしろそれを作るそのそのようなゲームは困難である、作られる... Sakurai! それは良識の恐ろしい人、(笑う) か。か。でありか。氷のクライマーの第1 反射はある。それである氷のクライマーは知っているずっと普及したべきべきであるが、... 決して美しくない...! そう! いつか。か。か。か。か。か。か。勝利、それ何かの時にある密な美しいが触れた! ! 使用することを試みる時そしてそれ何か強い! ! ! それはいつ1 人されたり、弱いボディが、空気の側面の動き遅い、しかし停止がある欠点か。か。か。その強い?? が感じること技術はそれがよかったことを決定される! ! 、I か。か。か。のでか。主題はあった。ことそれはおそらく勝つ????, の弟の孤に絶望的がある、か。か。か。技術は... ほとんどそれであるために胸のカシを勝つことができ結局、点検しが、(笑う) それから辛抱したそれと断念するべきであるか。か。か。か。か。それらがそれが詰まらせるそれは形態、声か。か。か。美しいとの聞くことを望み源であるのでここにに私を引っ張るためにはか。X, はある。前の効率か。か。か。か。個人は完全に同じ、しかし各自またでありではなかった。か。効率が異なっている精巧にという事実はおかしいそうか。考えて、それがいかに増加するか。か。、ところで新しいか。か。か。Gee の否そして参加をのか。か。望む。既に、また10 年は、CM 渡るかまたはまだ物語か音楽を忘れることができない均等になっている。2 つが独特な人々および特性および技術であるので加わることができるときむしろ楽しむことができると考える。長い文のimpoliteness それは。それからボディに注意を... 払う

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

Most of this entry talks about why this guy loves the Ice Climbers but let's get past that. Near the end, this person requests Geno and Mallow and says that despite how many years have gone by, he/she cannot forget the game's story or music because he/she enjoyed it so much. This person then mentions that Geno and Mallow would be very unique characters and that many people would enjoy them if they were added.

第276
ニックネーム及び???? は貢献の主題* 加わられたSakurai がある皆全員を挿入する望まれる開発への音楽、及び。非常に今日。おそらくいかにありなさいか開発か。私達はではゲームで使用されるそれらに関しては音楽に関しては1 芸術であるとそれがによってライスケーキの残りの夜通しであるが、それそうである考えるゲームに必要であるところで、向かう! ゲームに関しては、????, は1 冊の本へのNintendo Co. の蓄積。すなわち、Nintendo Co. 音楽の1 冊の本への蓄積がある前述の場合もある理由がないか。第一世代、DX 、および新たな業務のX 。彼のによって行う印象づけられた傷つくことはのそれあらゆる????. とする主要な主題ただそれは耳としてX をけれども示すことができるがこの1 つの調子であり、他の、それある震えた! それがそれなるかいかに、ないあるであることを開発が本格的に進むとき既に、知っていた。よく、むしろ事は印象と運転する。すべての平均によって、すべての人々、私達は印象の破損がそれ可能である一種の音楽を要求する! 個人的にそれはである?? の森林のBGM "のか。か。か。"carefulness が森林のきのこにそれあれば、" 楽しいべきであるRPG "非常に、それ、考えないがか。しかしそれが事実であるので、... ことそれはまたである????, の版権はそれは不合理である; 否Gee が加われば、よく確かに! (Excessiveness ここの更新そう1 つの時間の閉鎖及び開発にすね捧げる。皆! 新しい世界は楽しまれる! 辛抱しなさい!

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

Here's another long one. This person comments on how wonderful Brawl's opening theme was and how he is blown away about how much potential this game has musically. He then requests the background music of Forest Maze in Super Mario RPG, "Beware the Poison Mushrooms." He mentions how he's concerned that it won't make the cut because it is under the copyright of Square Enix. He then suggests that because it'd be pointless to contact SE just for that piece of music, why not ask for Geno while they're at it?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
what a patriotic post, fatman ;)
also, everyone remember to reference PAGE 965 when peeps come in and ask about the journal entries.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, cool people like me have 40 posts per page.

In all seriousness, it depends on how many posts per page you have. You can't just say a page number. If you copied the post's address, that'd be a different matter.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Redstripe? Don't tell me that not all of it appeared...
It's a commercial for a Jamaican beer called Redstripe. Except it's the other way around: "Boo fat man. Yay Redstripe!"

Btw, can anybody translate the following for me?

昔の「謎の村雨城」とか、書き換えで出たら
結構面白いんじゃないかとか、いろんな期待をしてます.
アンソロジーに答えられる企画として、
たしかにスマブラは近道なのかもしれません。

「謎の村雨城」の新作が出るのと、
スマブラの新作に「鷹丸」が出演するのでは、
どっちが確率が高いのか・・・。

あ、どっちも低いですね。(しまった)

It's about Takamaru, actually. But this is a popular thread, so it's worth a shot. I can't understand what Sakurai's response is.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Why don't you just pm samurai panda?
Good thought, but isn't he already busy?

I was skimming through the post-Melee questionnaire a lot of people forgot existed, and one of the comments to Sakurai is: "I was so upset to not see a Geno trophy, but was relieved to see his name among the 'Random' option for Name Entry. Thanks!"

And Sakurai's reply: "You saw Geno's name? Those letters are assorted randomly. It was just a coincidence!"

Ouch, Sakurai. Ouch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's a commercial for a Jamaican beer called Redstripe. Except it's the other way around: "Boo fat man. Yay Redstripe!"

Btw, can anybody translate the following for me?

昔の「謎の村雨城」とか、書き換えで出たら
結構面白いんじゃないかとか、いろんな期待をしてます.
アンソロジーに答えられる企画として、
たしかにスマブラは近道なのかもしれません。

「謎の村雨城」の新作が出るのと、
スマブラの新作に「鷹丸」が出演するのでは、
どっちが確率が高いのか・・・。

あ、どっちも低いですね。(しまった)

It's about Takamaru, actually. But this is a popular thread, so it's worth a shot. I can't understand what Sakurai's response is.

Here's the literal English translation:

When "the village rainy castle of puzzle" it comes out of former times, with rewriting, it is funny well enough, that, expecting various types, whether it is it is not, it increases. Certainly perhaps スマブラ as the plan which is answered to anthology, it is the shortcut. When the new work "of the village rainy castle of puzzle" comes out, with the "鷹 circle" performing to the new work of スマブラ, whether either one probability being high.... The あ, both is low, don't you think? is. (You put away)

I've only looked at this for about 2 minutes but here's what I think it says...:

He basically says that if Takamaru was made into a playable character, he'd easily be put in the public's eye and perhaps increase the demand for a recreation or sequel to "the Mystery of Murasume Castle." I think he then goes on to say that he isn't sure if this would truely happen and that it's a meer guess.

Like I said, I haven't looked at this for all that long but I think that's the gist of it.

D

Deleted member

Good thought, but isn't he already busy?

I was skimming through the post-Melee questionnaire a lot of people forgot existed, and one of the comments to Sakurai is: "I was so upset to not see a Geno trophy, but was relieved to see his name among the 'Random' option for Name Entry. Thanks!"

And Sakurai's reply: "You saw Geno's name? Those letters are assorted randomly. It was just a coincidence!"

Ouch, Sakurai. Ouch.
Roflle. Seriously.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Ah, thanks Fatman once again. See, that was the interpretation/translation I was getting. The latter paragraph is Sakurai's response, which leads me to believe it's the guy requesting Takamaru and Sakurai going: "Only if he's in another game. But wouldn't that make him popular if he ended up in Smash?"

This is pretty darn pertinent considering A] I'm a huge Takamaru supporter, and B] he "got another game" in the form of that GBA re-release a few years back. I'd die a happy man to see Takamaru and Geno rise to the occassion once more. I already have my childhood back with Pit. If those two were added... oh man.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. If Geno is added, I would be a very happy smasher. I would also like to see the game that you mentioned earlier, Chrono Trigger, with some representation. A sticker,trophy, or anything would satisfy me. But there is no way that Crono would be playable, though he would be a great character in my opinion.

BTW, I also love the Geno cutscenes that have been created so far. They are really drawing me into the SSE more and more.

And I am ready to see if two of the three "most likely" characters(Geno, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario) will be added. I am wondering if Sakurai will throw a suprise at us with the Mario series...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh yeah. If Geno is added, I would be a very happy smasher. I would also like to see the game that you mentioned earlier, Chrono Trigger, with some representation. A sticker,trophy, or anything would satisfy me. But there is no way that Crono would be playable, though he would be a great character in my opinion.

BTW, I also love the Geno cutscenes that have been created so far. They are really drawing me into the SSE more and more.

And I am ready to see if two of the three "most likely" characters(Geno, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario) will be added. I am wondering if Sakurai will throw a suprise at us with the Mario series...
Geno AND Mallow as playable characters would be a suprise (and not to mention indescribly awesome). I really wise that was possible...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Okay... I'm really sick of posting this over and over again so this time I took an extra step and even provide the translations retranslated back into Japanese. Here's everything... the whole she-bang... the japanese (in white), the english literal translations (in blue), and my brief translations for each of the 5 entries (in red)...

No.14
ニックネーム及びHiGe 反射の貢献の主題* 特性に関する…ほとんどの第1 ハンマーか。それは???? とある事。あなたのによる、それが??????? RPG は. 非常に興味のその時間の友人に...... 借りるCM を、見てようである方法が...... 方法のそれを戻すことを確信していたをよくそれはあなたのによってとるに足らない事を、非常に好むそのゲームを取っておいた。ゲームの元の特性の精神が存在するところそ、否人形およびGee の中で。年少の心では、それは反射との彼に非常にとどまった。その時に販売がそれ小学校学生だったので、自由にする時があった。そのために、それまたであることは......, それが終りの悲しい意味決してでないが、ところに速いそうなったものであるために待たれている単にちょうど小さく寂しい分離非常に取り除く。次の仕事があったら、考え、それ確かに、それであることはGee の否に会うことができるが、... 速いので、それを既に渡す時間はよい年齢になった、(確かに笑うことにこのアンケート、覚えなかったどちらかGee の否の事を、おそらくそうであるなかった。アンケートに答えている間、多分する及び... 少しを期待しているちょうどちょうど会うことができる時あるどうか、それ増加するない、

This person wants Geno in Brawl because Super Mario RPG was his favorite game growing up and he first played it in Kindergarten. He was very sad that Geno went back up into the heavens at the end of SMRPG and didn't appear in the following RPG, Paper Mario. He says that it is a good time to bring him back. He finishes by basically saying to Sakurai, "since you're such a nice guy, I bet Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us." (God love him for saying it. )

第86
ニックネーム及び初め反射の貢献の主題* 特性の初めに関する…! か。どれがか。か。か。であるか。新たな業務それはあり、刺激された! ! 反射はへのか。か。か。、概念ととゲームから... か。か。言うところか。私が否Gee を...! 愛するRPG! Gee の否のライン配置回転及び技術及び。非常にあるのは椅子の来ることである。_ 最初演劇時間未熟幼稚園子供(!) あ、しかし今既にそれあ高等学校学生。は均一にのためにそれゲーム渡った多くか10 年は好み時折あなたがしたあることがである。か。カシはが、よく理解しないで、傷つく感じでする今それとのそれ全然異なっているある、考えないか。する。また... 非常に楽しいことを理解される達されるGee の否ポイントの魅力から、* それが人形のおよび/または、真実を言うことは星のメッセンジャーのとき、"干し草真実を言う否はない! "それは単語であるか。か。か。か。cuteness 、(笑う) 及び... ED を強制する少しビットkana 。それの再度青いふた! 生産は、^ ^ 辛抱するか。楽しまれたかどれが!

Here's another person who grew up with Super Mario RPG and also discovered it when he was in Kindergarten. He's now in high school but it is still his favorite game and he still breaks it out every once and a while. He comments that "like an oak tree, his love for the game grows with each passing year." He then talks about what he likes about Geno and how he wishes to see him return.

第247
ニックネーム及び海きゅうりの貢献の主題及び左右される等。既に偽りなく頼む。考えるこれは10 の手紙の構成として示された。"要求Gee 消すこと! "そして好みあなたが書く飲料。好みの飲料: か。か。か。か。

This one's a bit odd. This guy requests Geno but, to avoid having his entry to be too short for submission, he asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is and then tells him his.

第268
ニックネーム及びか。か。か。反射の貢献の主題* 今日特性に関する…、始まるか。あなたが既に即座に揺り動かされたこのページは発見される! ! いいえか。私は前か。か。か。ゲームで愛する第1 べきべきするか。今まで。その毎日はそれをした。両方ともか。か。か。と考える、それ素晴しい段階、映画および音楽は可能、ある。か。か。か。のでか。あなたが私、弟および姉妹のまわりになかったり、または1 人と増加されておよび、あなたは全然疲れている育たなかったが友人。1 人と愉快に遊ぶことができる考察はそれを病気かぐこのゲームの量あるべきであるである。私は疲れさせた、大抵する、ゲームをすぐ、それある育つ。ためにこれのために全然疲れている育たない。考えるべきでそれがむしろそれを作るそのそのようなゲームは困難である、作られる... Sakurai! それは良識の恐ろしい人、(笑う) か。か。でありか。氷のクライマーの第1 反射はある。それである氷のクライマーは知っているずっと普及したべきべきであるが、... 決して美しくない...! そう! いつか。か。か。か。か。か。か。勝利、それ何かの時にある密な美しいが触れた! ! 使用することを試みる時そしてそれ何か強い! ! ! それはいつ1 人されたり、弱いボディが、空気の側面の動き遅い、しかし停止がある欠点か。か。か。その強い?? が感じること技術はそれがよかったことを決定される! ! 、I か。か。か。のでか。主題はあった。ことそれはおそらく勝つ????, の弟の孤に絶望的がある、か。か。か。技術は... ほとんどそれであるために胸のカシを勝つことができ結局、点検しが、(笑う) それから辛抱したそれと断念するべきであるか。か。か。か。か。それらがそれが詰まらせるそれは形態、声か。か。か。美しいとの聞くことを望み源であるのでここにに私を引っ張るためにはか。X, はある。前の効率か。か。か。か。個人は完全に同じ、しかし各自またでありではなかった。か。効率が異なっている精巧にという事実はおかしいそうか。考えて、それがいかに増加するか。か。、ところで新しいか。か。か。Gee の否そして参加をのか。か。望む。既に、また10 年は、CM 渡るかまたはまだ物語か音楽を忘れることができない均等になっている。2 つが独特な人々および特性および技術であるので加わることができるときむしろ楽しむことができると考える。長い文のimpoliteness それは。それからボディに注意を... 払う

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

Most of this entry talks about why this guy loves the Ice Climbers but let's get past that. Near the end, this person requests Geno and Mallow and says that despite how many years have gone by, he/she cannot forget the game's story or music because he/she enjoyed it so much. This person then mentions that Geno and Mallow would be very unique characters and that many people would enjoy them if they were added.

第276
ニックネーム及び???? は貢献の主題* 加わられたSakurai がある皆全員を挿入する望まれる開発への音楽、及び。非常に今日。おそらくいかにありなさいか開発か。私達はではゲームで使用されるそれらに関しては音楽に関しては1 芸術であるとそれがによってライスケーキの残りの夜通しであるが、それそうである考えるゲームに必要であるところで、向かう! ゲームに関しては、????, は1 冊の本へのNintendo Co. の蓄積。すなわち、Nintendo Co. 音楽の1 冊の本への蓄積がある前述の場合もある理由がないか。第一世代、DX 、および新たな業務のX 。彼のによって行う印象づけられた傷つくことはのそれあらゆる????. とする主要な主題ただそれは耳としてX をけれども示すことができるがこの1 つの調子であり、他の、それある震えた! それがそれなるかいかに、ないあるであることを開発が本格的に進むとき既に、知っていた。よく、むしろ事は印象と運転する。すべての平均によって、すべての人々、私達は印象の破損がそれ可能である一種の音楽を要求する! 個人的にそれはである?? の森林のBGM "のか。か。か。"carefulness が森林のきのこにそれあれば、" 楽しいべきであるRPG "非常に、それ、考えないがか。しかしそれが事実であるので、... ことそれはまたである????, の版権はそれは不合理である; 否Gee が加われば、よく確かに! (Excessiveness ここの更新そう1 つの時間の閉鎖及び開発にすね捧げる。皆! 新しい世界は楽しまれる! 辛抱しなさい!

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

Here's another long one. This person comments on how wonderful Brawl's opening theme was and how he is blown away about how much potential this game has musically. He then requests the background music of Forest Maze in Super Mario RPG, "Beware the Poison Mushrooms." He mentions how he's concerned that it won't make the cut because it is under the copyright of Square Enix. He then suggests that because it'd be pointless to contact SE just for that piece of music, why not ask for Geno while they're at it?
i know this is off topic, but fatmanonice where did you find that? i assume those are the mentions from the polls right? i ask because i would like to know what the letter for mega man said :)

Geno 4 brawl! lol

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Geno AND Mallow as playable characters would be a suprise (and not to mention indescribly awesome). I really wise that was possible...
I wouldn't mind seeing Mallow as well. My brother loved that character, while I loved Mario and Geno. That was usually my team, though it was very hard. I usually was Mario, Bowser, and Peach or Geno in for one of the other two. Loved the blue doll.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Geno AND Mallow both playable is very unlikely, only one of them will be playable and we have a good idea who that is. But the other one can be an AT or maybe part of the SSE as an NPC.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If both were playable, then we'd know that there is something really wrong. That's way to much favoratism twords one game. Heck right now we have three characters from it, and that's enough IMO. >_>

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
If both were playable, then we'd know that there is something really wrong. That's way to much favoratism twords one game. Heck right now we have three characters from it, and that's enough IMO. >_>
Mario, Peach, and Bowser represent the Mario series as a whole rather than any specific game. Geno and especially Mallow clearly represent Super Mario RPG and ONLY Super Mario RPG. By the way, there are such instances of favoritism in Brawl. Mario's FLUDD is an example, for in only Super Mario Sunshine he carries such a device.. also there are stages which are specifically geared towards certain titles such as Delfino Plaza.

Pieman, why do you say you are a fan of Geno if your posts clearly are anti-Geno? Also, if you want to sway our opinions and praise you with your "ingenuous" posts, don't argue with your opinion..

Top Bottom