• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
No no, sir - they just don't allow direct linking - however, you can still locate the tune from that link - just one extra click.

RDK

Smash Hero
**** Pit, go vote for Issac PLEASE
**** Isaac, vote for Mario.

But you have to admit--Isaac in Brawl > Cloud in Brawl, IMO.

Isaac would be awesome, but his chances are pretty slim.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
#2 is awesome. I hope they put somehting like that in Smash. It sounds prefect for a stage.

D

Deleted member

A Metal version? O_o' I could picture Smithy or the Smithy Gang Boss themes to have something like that but...
Hells Yeah. Preferably a Death Metal one. You know. Guys like Children of Bodom or Beneath the Massacre. Geno seems pretty hardcore. =P

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
The time is starting to run out on Geno. I wish that he would be released on December 15th, but something tells me that he would be a secret character if he is on the game. I would just rather know for sure before the game is out.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
With Mario RPG off of Nintendo's 2007 Virtual Console Release Dates do you think the chances of Geno being in the game are reducing? I'm a strong Geno supporter and I honestly believed Sakurai would throw in some corny line like:

"Anyone remember this character!? It's Geno From Mario RPG! Check him out in this virtual console game that was released just now!"

But then Nintendo pulls off the release for this year and I start to believe that the game may not even come out in the virtual console! OH GOD SOMEONE HELP GENO

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
With Mario RPG off of Nintendo's 2007 Virtual Console Release Dates do you think the chances of Geno being in the game are reducing? I'm a strong Geno supporter and I honestly believed Sakurai would throw in some corny line like:

"Anyone remember this character!? It's Geno From Mario RPG! Check him out in this virtual console game that was released just now!"

But then Nintendo pulls off the release for this year and I start to believe that the game may not even come out in the virtual console! OH GOD SOMEONE HELP GENO
I was wondering about that...did they official remove it from the 2007 VS release?

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Paperwork takes a while and for all we know Nintendo/Square might make a PAL version where the graphics are better. I don't care when SMRPG is released on the VC as long as its released.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I think all os SMRPG's music is great, Forest Maze being my fav, that's one of the reasons I love Yoko Shimomura's appearance in the musicians list (the other reason being that she boosts Geno's chances =D), we all know that Kingdom Hearts series is not the reason why she's in, it's because of SMRPG! :p, I'd love to hear her(?) remix of the Forest Maze for Brawl :3

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of a final smash for geno, and i came up with a little something.

Geno holds out both of his hands to the side with open hands not clenched fists. He then move them above his head (similare to what he does in the game) and then a red light appears around him. At this point he can be hurt if hit but he will not budge. Stars begin to rain down and explode on the ground apon impact, kind of like the warp star but with a twist too it. The stars home in on characters kinda of like pit's FS except they dont home in on the character's exact location but rather his general direction. As the FS continues the stars that fall get bigger and while some get bigger the smaller ones get fast. It ends with a gigantic star that lands where geno is standing and explodes into a bunch of small stars that shoot off in random directions and will go through any target they hit and not explode. NOTE the falling stars prior to the last big star will NOT explode if they hit a character. They will only explode apon contact with the ground or hard surface. After the last star splits behind geno the light which has a clinder shape around geno comes down until it reaches the floor. Where ever geno is stand will be considered the center of the fs. So if geno does it on the left edge of the stage you could stand on the right edge and be pretty much safe since the person launched the FS in the wrong spot, you would want it to cover as much of the stage as possible. Think if it sorta like the Unknown pokemon set up from melee, and how where you release it thats how the coverage is determined. I may have left a few things out tell me what you think or if you have questions ill be more than happy to answer any :)
Did anyone even notice I posted this? I was wondering what people thought of this.. good bad?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Actually, Nintendo has taken down a lot of games from the ESRB site before releasing them. For example, Star Fox 64 was on the site in December of 2006 but then they took it off in January 2007. They also did this with other titles like Super Metroid, Kid Icarus, and even the Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past. Heck some games weren't even on the ESRB site before they were released like Super Mario Bros. If you think about it, most of the games that have been revealed early were done so by hackers and rumors, not the ESRB. (Like in the case of Ocarina of Time, Sin and Punishment, Paper Mario, and Metroid.) So, needless to say, the ESRB isn't that reliable of a time table because Nintendo/Sega/Hudson has withheld many titles from the public before they are released.

Top Bottom