• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno and all the other newcomers probably won't be revealed until Japan gets it. Sakurai doesn't want to spoil us, does he?
Yes. But since we might or might not know the full roster by the 15th I hope he updates a new character soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes. But since we might or might not know the full roster by the 15th I hope he updates a new character soon.
Actually I'm betting Geno is December but probably Krystal on the 3rd. Geno might even be way far off from now...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't worry, we'll know Geno Dec 15.
There's a huge chance that it'll just be the starters because, seriously, why would Sakurai reveal the whole roster more then month before the game was released?

Anyways, this update confirmed that King Dedede is in the starting roster so that makes 3/6 characters mentioned more then 3 times in Sakurai's journal playable from the get-go. All that's left is Krystal, Ridley, and Geno and I'm willing to bet that Krystal will be joining the party any day now...

More characters out the way from the get-go mean more spots open for unlockable characters. From the way things are going, this game will easily have at least 40 characters so if the starting roster ends up being 25, (it's currently at 22), that means there will be 15 spots to fill. Things are looking up.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
There's a huge chance that it'll just be the starters because, seriously, why would Sakurai reveal the whole roster more then month before the game was released?

Anyways, this update confirmed that King Dedede is in the starting roster so that makes 3/6 characters mentioned more then 3 times in Sakurai's journal playable from the get-go. All that's left is Krystal, Ridley, and Geno and I'm willing to bet that Krystal will be joining the party any day now...

More characters out the way from the get-go mean more spots open for unlockable characters. From the way things are going, this game will easily have at least 40 characters so if the starting roster ends up being 25, (it's currently at 22), that means there will be 15 spots to fill. Things are looking up.
Event #2 not mentioned?
Blurry Picture of a Landmaster, but no character?

KRYZTUL CONF!R3MD!!!!!!!

Let's hope we see an event with something about a puppet.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Event #2 not mentioned?
Blurry Picture of a Landmaster, but no character?

KRYZTUL CONF!R3MD!!!!!!!

Let's hope we see an event with something about a puppet.
Fight Mario related characters or those on the poll and he will be the last one in a one on one.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

+ Captain falcon a starter ? This leaves only 3 Spaces left and unless there are two mario newcomers :chuckle:...Things are looking gewd for geno anyhow FMOI...Oh ya and claus was mentioned 4 times in the journal @_@...Also snake and sonic rn't starters olol.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys

I don't think geno will be revealed on the 15th. They won't reveal the unlockables.

That's if he's playable, of course.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
BUT he will reveal the 3rd party characters although they are unlockables. Geno and Megaman can still be confirmed via the Dojo.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
As a Pokemon fan in general, not of a particular Pokemon, I would hope they replace Mewtwo with Lucario to spread it's representation instead of all characters being in the first generation. I would just think of Lucario getting the Ness/Lucas treatment. Aesthetic differences, but altered controls.

He'd be fleet footed and less floaty. His Shadow Ball can turn into Aura Sphere, along with Confusion turning into Metal Coat (to reflect special projectiles like Samus' charged shot and nullify standard projectiles like Link's bow), remove Disable with something better, and turn Teleport into Sky Uppercut.

My opinion anyways, but only to get some generation other than first gen Pokemon.

Back to Geno, I forget if someone mentioend it, but would you guys also think that he would get Mario's mushroom symbol as a Nintendo franchised character?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As a Pokemon fan in general, not of a particular Pokemon, I would hope they replace Mewtwo with Lucario to spread it's representation instead of all characters being in the first generation. I would just think of Lucario getting the Ness/Lucas treatment. Aesthetic differences, but altered controls.

He'd be fleet footed and less floaty. His Shadow Ball can turn into Aura Sphere, along with Confusion turning into Metal Coat (to reflect special projectiles like Samus' charged shot and nullify standard projectiles like Link's bow), remove Disable with something better, and turn Teleport into Sky Uppercut.

My opinion anyways, but only to get some generation other than first gen Pokemon.

Back to Geno, I forget if someone mentioend it, but would you guys also think that he would get Mario's mushroom symbol as a Nintendo franchised character?
Of course he would get the mushroom symbol

*Lucario is overrated and overhyped...he is definetly not more worthy than Mewtwo in any way and has not earned his place. If anything, he's been shoved down people's throats and some people have actually fallen for that*

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a particular fan of him, but I would like to see different Pokemon other than the original 151. He just seems the only 'popularized' humanoid Pokemon that could serve to be an altered version of Mewtwo.

Apologies for going off topic.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I like Mewtwo more than Lucario, since the release of the movie, his persona was awesome. I like how they presented Mewtwo to be malicious in Melee, but he was really light and easy to knock off, and his darned Shadow Ball charge didn't have a cancel, which was really bad when you are in the air and you tried to use Shadow Ball but where stalled. Disable was kind of hard to connect with seasoned players, and Confusion seemed like it was too fast, and required precise timing. It's hard to appreciate that when Nayru's Love is longer, and does damage for that matter while reflecting projectiles.

If anything, I would like for Confusion to be changed to Reflect by creating a psychic barrier that shows a wall of blue light (sort of like Gardevoir's Pokeball summon) that last as long as you hold the B button down like Fox's Reflector.

I would LOVE if they gave him his armor though and incorporate it into the game play, like if he takes enough damage and is smashed or thrown down, his armor breaks, leaving him lighter but faster. That would totally make me forget I considered Lucario to replace him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Mewtwo more than Lucario, since the release of the movie, his persona was awesome. I like how they presented Mewtwo to be malicious in Melee, but he was really light and easy to knock off, and his darned Shadow Ball charge didn't have a cancel, which was really bad when you are in the air and you tried to use Shadow Ball but where stalled. Disable was kind of hard to connect with seasoned players, and Confusion seemed like it was too fast, and required precise timing. It's hard to appreciate that when Nayru's Love is longer, and does damage for that matter while reflecting projectiles.

If anything, I would like for Confusion to be changed to Reflect by creating a psychic barrier that shows a wall of blue light (sort of like Gardevoir's Pokeball summon) that last as long as you hold the B button down.
Shadow Ball was perfect as is...

It was an excellent move that had many different uses, especially since any enemy that attacked you while is was charging or just walked into it got hurt and was knocked around.

Anyway we have to get back on the topic of Geno

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
*Lucario is overrated and overhyped...he is definetly not more worthy than Mewtwo in any way and has not earned his place. If anything, he's been shoved down people's throats and some people have actually fallen for that*
Opinion, opinion, opinion. I happen to be quite fond of both Mewtwo AND Lucario, and honestly I hope there's some way for them both to make it. But I'd prefer Lucario for the SOLE fact that I'm sick of the lack of non-first gen representation on the roster.

I also like Lucario better in the actual Pokemon games, because he's actually fair to use, and I like his design. He's kind of like the Geno of Pokemon...sorta. I've always kind of found them similar. Gardevoir would have been AWESOME, but I knew from the start s/he had no chance.

Anyways, back to Geno. I've been trying to draw some artwork to contribute, but I'll be honest, drawing Geno scares the crap out of me because I'm terrible at human-ish anatomy. I'll do my best, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

If anything, I would like for Confusion to be changed to Reflect by creating a psychic barrier that shows a wall of blue light (sort of like Gardevoir's Pokeball summon) that last as long as you hold the B button down like Fox's Reflector.

I would LOVE if they gave him his armor though and incorporate it into the game play, like if he takes enough damage and is smashed or thrown down, his armor breaks, leaving him lighter but faster. That would totally make me forget I considered Lucario to replace him.
Well, this ain't the thread to discuss this...See this thread, And my suggestions to "fix" mewtwo.
GENO FOR BRAWL!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i was thinking...instead of making it like Pkiachu's Thunder, what if they made Geno Blast chargeable...and during the charge-up time you could actually shift the attack a limited distance left or right. that would make it REALLY awesome, especially for edgeguardin. imagine standing at the edge of a platform and unleashing Geno Blast at your opponent while he's trying to get back on the ledge.

it would need to be balanced, though. either give it limited knockback, or some lag. or...we could just make Geno top freakin' tier. :p

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hold A and push up and hold up and push A and a cannon ball will shoot from his arm.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of a final smash for geno, and i came up with a little something.

Geno holds out both of his hands to the side with open hands not clenched fists. He then move them above his head (similare to what he does in the game) and then a red light appears around him. At this point he can be hurt if hit but he will not budge. Stars begin to rain down and explode on the ground apon impact, kind of like the warp star but with a twist too it. The stars home in on characters kinda of like pit's FS except they dont home in on the character's exact location but rather his general direction. As the FS continues the stars that fall get bigger and while some get bigger the smaller ones get fast. It ends with a gigantic star that lands where geno is standing and explodes into a bunch of small stars that shoot off in random directions and will go through any target they hit and not explode. NOTE the falling stars prior to the last big star will NOT explode if they hit a character. They will only explode apon contact with the ground or hard surface. After the last star splits behind geno the light which has a clinder shape around geno comes down until it reaches the floor. Where ever geno is stand will be considered the center of the fs. So if geno does it on the left edge of the stage you could stand on the right edge and be pretty much safe since the person launched the FS in the wrong spot, you would want it to cover as much of the stage as possible. Think if it sorta like the Unknown pokemon set up from melee, and how where you release it thats how the coverage is determined. I may have left a few things out tell me what you think or if you have questions ill be more than happy to answer any :)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just a little hit-and-run present. So my brother found this awesome music video made in flash, about SMRPG, set to the Forest Maze music. I thought it was pretty cool.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We already knew about that video but thanks for posting it anyways. The DK music update proved that Brawl will probably have more techno music. So, what do you guys think, if "Beware the Poison Mushrooms" (AKA Forest Maze) becomes a tune in Brawl, would you rather hear a techno remix like in Rawest Forest or an orchestrated version?

Top Bottom