• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't the orange strips just a ribbon that serves as a decoration for his hat? I mean, thats a little bit odd to call it his hair considering he's a doll (obviously ribbons are used to make dolls sometimes) and the way it curls is further evidence that it is simply a decoration.. I don't think its his hair, I've never thought of it that way, but I guess it COULD be... eh.. but then again..
It was meant to be the doll's hair, that at least was it's intent.

D

Deleted member

Isn't the orange strips just a ribbon that serves as a decoration for his hat? I mean, thats a little bit odd to call it his hair considering he's a doll (obviously ribbons are used to make dolls sometimes) and the way it curls is further evidence that it is simply a decoration.. I don't think its his hair, I've never thought of it that way, but I guess it COULD be... eh.. but then again..
They're wood shavings.

I mean, thats a little bit odd to call it his hair considering he's a doll
Anyone lol at this part?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Oh my gosh, I never knew my Victory Costume could cause so much debate.
I'm pretty sure they're wood shavings, though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yeah if the hair stays up while he takes off his hat and it doesn't move then it must be shavings.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
They're wood shavings.

Anyone lol at this part?

Since when do wood shavings have the same properties of a ribbon and when is wood ever burnt orange?! Its a ribbon guys, I'm telling you. The angle is really bad on all of the pictures but seriously, how can that be his hair? Is this a joke?

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Proportion of a Ribbon what?

It's SUPPOSE to represent the hair of a wooden doll.
Are you sure about that? Wouldn't he have orange strips of whatever all over his head then?! It looks like a tied ribbon on his hat on his sprite anyways.. I mean its just a bit weird that he has two curly orange "hairs" right on his forehead and nowhere else on his head.. besides when he takes his hat off it clearly shows he's bald, hence, why he wears the cap. Also, they are not wood shavings, that doesn't make any sense! I know this is a Mario game, not much ever makes sense, but come on! :psycho:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure about that? Wouldn't he have orange strips of whatever all over his head then?! It looks like a tied ribbon on his hat on his sprite anyways.. I mean its just a bit weird that he has two curly orange "hairs" right on his forehead and nowhere else on his head.. besides when he takes his hat off it clearly shows he's bald, hence, why he wears the cap. Also, they are not wood shavings, that doesn't make any sense! I know this is a Mario game, not much ever makes sense, but come on! :psycho:
They are Suppose to be hair, Orange curly hair. It's only in front. It wouldn't be all over his hear because he wears the hat all the time.

Check out the fan art of him even...It is definetly suppose to be hair and is assumed by a vast majority

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
They are Suppose to be hair, Orange curly hair. It's only in front. It wouldn't be all over his hear because he wears the hat all the time.

Check out the fan art of him even...It is definetly suppose to be hair and is assumed by a vast majority
Well the vast majority isn't entirely correct all the time.. some of the worst things imaginable have happened because a vast majority found something to be more logical..

Enigma14

Smash Champion

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately there are no good shots so we can't really tell, lets chat about something more Brawl related then shall we? (Sorry for the small debates guys).

What sort of alternate costumes have been discussed? Maybe a Dark or Metallic Geno? Maybe a white costume with a gold (instead of yellow) symbol on his head with gold wood shavings/ribbon for his hat and a creme color for his wooden body?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
WE've argued on this point as well they want armors instead of Colors so...

Sailor cape
Fire Cape
Star Cape
Regualr Cape

Only thing left to actually to debate on other then his look is who his VA should be.

D

Deleted member

I swear, those curly things are wood shavings. I know I read it somewhere.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I AM OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING THAT THE RED IS GENO'S HAT, NOT HIS HAIR

As you can see in his sprites, Geno has no hair at all. It's a ribbon for the hat.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
When he lifts up his hat, his head is bald wood, as shown in his SMRPG sprites.

It makes no sense for red wood shavings to curl up out of his hat and be hair. Plus, it looks like it had no intention of being hair.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
When he lifts up his hat, his head is bald wood, as shown in his SMRPG sprites.

It makes no sense for red wood shavings to curl up out of his hat and be hair. Plus, it looks like it had no intention of being hair.
Of course he's bald, it's just a decoration. It's only connected to the front of his head. However it works, it was meant to be hair

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Of course he's bald, it's just a decoration. It's only connected to the front of his head. However it works, it was meant to be hair
So the decarartion is having 2 curly strands on a hat to act as hair? And have no hair around his hat. Assuming the maker gave Geno hair, wouldn't they have hair around his hat since his hat surely does not cover his item hair-area of his head

But enough of that, let's go straight to the source: SMRPG:

where pproof is given that they are ribbons attached to the hat

Look at these three pictures:

http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno1.jpg
http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno2.jpg
http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno3.jpg

1. Geno is bald and has no hair. If what people sya is true, that means that 2 ribbons are supposed to be hair hanging off his hat, yet no other hair is visible anywhere else.

2.THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE! Geno's ribbon is clearly attached to the hat and has a downward slant before the curl. This proves it is clearly not mean to act a shair, but as a decaration of tha hat itself.

3. Another shot showing that the ribbon is connected to the hat and goes at a downward angle. Pretty much an add-on of #2.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
So the decarartion is having 2 curly strands on a hat to act as hair? And have no hair around his hat. Assuming the maker gave Geno hair, wouldn't they have hair around his hat since his hat surely does not cover his item hair-area of his head

But enough of that, let's go straight to the source: SMRPG:

where pproof is given that they are ribbons attached to the hat

Look at these three pictures:

http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno1.jpg
http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno2.jpg
http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno3.jpg

1. Geno is bald and has no hair. If what people sya is true, that means that 2 ribbons are supposed to be hair hanging off his hat, yet no other hair is visible anywhere else.

2.THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE! Geno's ribbon is clearly attached to the hat and has a downward slant before the curl. This proves it is clearly not mean to act a shair, but as a decaration of tha hat itself.

3. Another shot showing that the ribbon is connected to the hat and goes at a downward angle. Pretty much an add-on of #2.
I still say it's hair. I see no proof in those sprites that it's not. It's a decoration, but it's meant to be hair. Also, you never see that's attached only to the hat at all, in fact, you can see the hair on the side when he's lifting his hat, and the hair doesn't raise with it

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I still say it's hair. I see no proof in those sprites that it's not. It's a decoration, but it's meant to be hair. Also, you never see that's attached only to the hat at all, in fact, you can see the hair on the side when he's lifting his hat, and the hair doesn't raise with it
The proof is right there. I don't understand how you cannot see it.

Here's a zoomed in version of pic #2, with an arrow to show where it proves the decorations to be a part of the hat.

http://www.brawlcentral.com/images/geno4.jpg

D

Deleted member

It's wood shavings. You can't really see them anyways when he lifts up his hat and when he is turned. They're only connected to the front part of his head. They're wood shavings I say because, think about it. When you are shaving a piece of wood, they curl.

Edit: After seeing that recent link, Chi, it does look like it's attached but it could just be a small mistake.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
It's wood shavings. You can't really see them anyways when he lifts up his hat and when he is turned. They're only connected to the front part of his head. They're wood shavings I say because, think about it. When you are shaving a piece of wood, they curl.

Edit: After seeing that recent link, Chi, it does look like it's attached but it could just be a small mistake.
Yeah but it doesn't make any sense to make it burnt orange. I don't know what kind of wood you shave, but you must be very good and precise in order to get something of that quality. The ribbons are orange because they're a decoration to match the rest of the costume. If they were wood, they'd be the same color as the body. The costume is blue and yellow and there is a yellow decoration on the hat and the orange is part of the costume to make things match (why would you make the ribbons blue or yellow? You wouldn't, it would look bad) so, it's not his hair. It would look absolutely horrible and it would definitely make me think less of Geno if that was his hair.. I mean two strands of orange hair while the rest of his head is bald? Yeah.. I don't think so.. that would be one ugly doll.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but it doesn't make any sense to make it burnt orange. I don't know what kind of wood you shave, but you must be very good and precise in order to get something of that quality. The ribbons are orange because they're a decoration to match the rest of the costume. If they were wood, they'd be the same color as the body. The costume is blue and yellow and there is a yellow decoration on the hat and the orange is part of the costume to make things match (why would you make the ribbons blue or yellow? You wouldn't, it would look bad) so, it's not his hair. It would look absolutely horrible and it would definitely make me think less of Geno if that was his hair.. I mean two strands of orange hair while the rest of his head is bald? Yeah.. I don't think so.. that would be one ugly doll.
Of course it's not hair, and why would it have to be burnt to be orange, it was probably painted...or it is ribbon. It doesn't matter. The point is, it was a decoration made to look like curly orange hair

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Why would nintendo want a puppet with hair? Besides, I have some hope for tonight. However, it's shattered by my theory that Sakurai's not releasing good updates 'till the Japanese get it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Of course it's not hair, and why would it have to be burnt to be orange, it was probably painted...or it is ribbon. It doesn't matter. The point is, it was a decoration made to look like curly orange hair
We know it's not actual hair, we're saying it's not meant to look like his hair, it's meant to be a decoration of the hat.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you never played Mario RPG, But Geno is pretty cool,

Just the concept make him seem to me the most likable character tied with captian falcon

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I agree with Darkvision, besides why does it matter when we're on the same side?

Top Bottom