• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Oh ok. All I did was look at this last page, which I saw that pic and read someone say the rumor was false, so I just wanted to hear the source of it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How is SMRPG more about Geno than Mario? That statement is completey false. I can't believe you guys still believe this.

As I explained in an earlier post, the same way that, plot wise, Midna more important then Link in Twilight Princess and Colette is more important then Lloyd in Tales of Symphonia. As I also said earlier, it's a common thing in RPG's for the star character to not be the most important to the plot.

But the point is that Geno is neither recent nor the star of his game, so you can't pull out both the sidekick argument AND the non-recent game argument. It just doesn't work with Geno. Example:

Pit, IC's, and Game 'n Watch haven't been in any recent games by a long shot (barring Melee / Brawl). However, their games were Nintendo classics, and were brought back for nostalgia.

Define classic and define retro. Almost 12 years have passed since it was released and so have two gaming generations. Heck, if Ocarina of Time, being only 9 years old is considered retro and a classic by Nintendo's standards then SMRPG certainly can as well.

Luigi, Falco, Jiggs and Pichu weren't the stars of their games, but they have been in recent games, and arguably were either pretty rememberable, or played a semi-significant part in their games.

Semisignificant? Name one Pokemon RPG besides Yellow where Pikachu plays a key role in the plot of the game. Remember, we're talking about canon games here, not spinoffs.

Geno has two things going against him here. He hasn't been in any recent games, and he wasn't the headlining star of his game. Mario was. End of story.

See points above.

*Oh, also, 2003 was only four years so unless you're less then 10 years old, that is pretty recent.*
My responses in red.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
...O_O Well, that's an interesting way to put it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Someone already posted it.
Ok people, back on topic...all that is irrelevant anyway...

I still say Geno does need a pit-like makeover for Brawl...

that one Geno pic seemed close to what I thought should happen with his design, but what do y'all think 'bout that?

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Define classic and define retro. Almost 12 years have passed since it was released and so have two gaming generations. Heck, if Ocarina of Time, being only 9 years old is considered retro and a classic by Nintendo's standards then SMRPG certainly can as well.
I guess you're right in that respect then.

Semisignificant? Name one Pokemon RPG besides Yellow where Pikachu plays a key role in the plot of the game. Remember, we're talking about canon games here, not spinoffs.
See my quote below:

Luigi, Falco, Jiggs and Pichu weren't the stars of their games, but they have been in recent games, and arguably were either pretty rememberable, or played a semi-significant part in their games.
People went crazy over Pokemon like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu. That's why they stand out from a lot of the other early Pokemon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess you're right in that respect then.

See my quote below:

People went crazy over Pokemon like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu. That's why they stand out from a lot of the other early Pokemon.
Well, as I said, almost 12 years have passed since SMRPG was released and people still fondly remember Geno despite him only being playable in that one game. Heck, if you own a Wii, go to the Check Mii Out channel and you'll see that a decent number of people have made Miis of him from across the globe.

Also, if you want to go that route, Pit was pretty much forgotten when Melee came out but he quickly became in demand when people saw his trophy in Melee and the cryptic message Sakurai left.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Heck, if you own a Wii, go to the Check Mii Out channel and you'll see that a decent number of people have made Miis of him from across the globe.
haha...i can vouch for that. i just added one the other day! i made it different from all the others, though. i think it looks better that way i did it...

and wow...this is the first time i've seen this thread slip to the 2nd page. must have been a slow news day...

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
haha...i can vouch for that. i just added one the other day! i made it different from all the others, though. i think it looks better that way i did it...

and wow...this is the first time i've seen this thread slip to the 2nd page. must have been a slow news day...
I'm pretty sure you can blame it on the controls update.

Geno for Brawl.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
****, another Geno-less update. That widescreen update was just terrible..... I wasn't feeling the old school DK music either.

I think I would orgasm all over the screen if the music update was the Forest Theme.

off-topic: GA members and other people in the thread: can you guys take a look at my website and offer any comments or suggestions? gracias (that's thank you in mexico talkz)

http://brawlcentral.com/

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm calling Geno for a newcomer, VERY shortly after SMRPG hits the VC. And Sakurai does his little VC advertising that he always does.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
GOOD NEWS ABOUT TODAYS UPDATE!

"He is the mainstay who has built Nintendo sound since the days of Game & Watch: Hirokazu Tanaka.

He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!"

It could mean that like the Sonic update which could realte to characters he's keeping him hidden!

Geno 4 Brawl!

Also chi for Nov. 5 when the new FE game came out he relaesed FE music so yeah it could be a semi-clue!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I predict that Geno will be confirmed before New Years, especially since SMRPG is supposed to come out on the VC this year. And what better way to announce his confirmation than with the release of SMRPG? We all know how Sakurai likes to plug VC releases within his updates.

I know this sounds like wishful thinking, but maybe they're going to announce everything (Geno's confirmation, the release date of SMRPG on the VC and confirming the SMRPG2 rumors0 at the same time? I will die of happiness if that was to happen.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'm really hoping to see SMRPG on the VC, but has Nintendo been able to successfully emulate that chip yet? The one that SMRPG, Kirby Superstar and a few others use? I heard that that was why it was taking so long to come out. I agree however that a Monday update the same day SMRPG come out on VC would be awesome.

antimatter

Smash Lord
from said picture in the 500's, id say he's announced on the 12th of february as a hidden character.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
He'd better come out soon. I have my Geno shirt all ready and everything, I am even going to wear yellow sweatpants to school that day. And I dyed a Santa-Hat blue, so this is going to be crazy.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping to see SMRPG on the VC, but has Nintendo been able to successfully emulate that chip yet? The one that SMRPG, Kirby Superstar and a few others use? I heard that that was why it was taking so long to come out. I agree however that a Monday update the same day SMRPG come out on VC would be awesome.
I don't see why they couldn't emul;ate it; all the other emulators already can

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
i really wish geno would be in brawl. smrpg was good but its been so long since i played that game. most of what i remember was that bowser was funny and geno's super canon of death and rainbows

smrpg for vc

geno for brawl

Burnsro

Smash Cadet
He'd better come out soon. I have my Geno shirt all ready and everything, I am even going to wear yellow sweatpants to school that day. And I dyed a Santa-Hat blue, so this is going to be crazy.
We need pictures of this! Bring a digital camera with you that day or get a friend to bring one. :laugh:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I predict that Geno will be confirmed before New Years, especially since SMRPG is supposed to come out on the VC this year. And what better way to announce his confirmation than with the release of SMRPG? We all know how Sakurai likes to plug VC releases within his updates.

I know this sounds like wishful thinking, but maybe they're going to announce everything (Geno's confirmation, the release date of SMRPG on the VC and confirming the SMRPG2 rumors0 at the same time? I will die of happiness if that was to happen.
It was confirmed to appear by the end of this year, but no one lists it as an upcoming game anymore, even with TBA date...I wonder if it was canceled or pushed back...?

Either way, with the VC and SMBRPG 2 Rumor (Which sounds almost absurd but I said that about games before that actually came out) I think it MAY be a sign of Geno's inclusion...

Yes, hopefully it is revealed soon and I do think he will in December!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
It was confirmed to appear by the end of this year, but no one lists it as an upcoming game anymore, even with TBA date...I wonder if it was canceled or pushed back...?

Either way, with the VC and SMBRPG 2 Rumor (Which sounds almost absurd but I said that about games before that actually came out) I think it MAY be a sign of Geno's inclusion...

Yes, hopefully it is revealed soon and I do think he will in December!
I will cry if SMRPG got pushed back . . . T_T I still have my copy of the game and often I play it while waiting for the Brawl updates but I want it to be released so everyone can have a chance to play it.

I really do believe that Geno will be in Brawl, especially with everything that we've been hearing as of late. It's only a matter of time now . . . I just hope that the day comes soon. T_T I'm tired of all these lame updates Sakurai keeps giving us. -___-;;;

@chaos: You are my hero. I want a Geno shirt and a blue Santa hat. *envies*

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Woah, someones actually going as far as cosplaying as Geno when he's announced. Thats awesome. I wish I had those kinda skills in a small crappy town. D:
We still have lots n' lots of time left 'till the game is released... Which kinda sucks in a way. But hey, think positive, as long as theres still time before the release, Geno may (actually, will be. To me at least =P) be announced!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Hoy crap. In all my years of loving Geno, I nevcer realized the orange was supposed to be hair. I always thought it was somthing on the hat, like the yellow thingy.

me=fail :(

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Hoy crap. In all my years of loving Geno, I nevcer realized the orange was supposed to be hair. I always thought it was somthing on the hat, like the yellow thingy.

me=fail :(
No, you don't fail. *gives you a Geno cookie* I've seen people think that his curls was his nose . . . Someone I know in real life actually claimed for the longest time that Geno didn't have any ears until I actually had to hold up his offiical art and point them out.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You know, I keep looking at my avatar and people's signatures, and I sitll can't really see it as hair. It just looks like 2 curly things pointing up from the hat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I keep looking at my avatar and people's signatures, and I sitll can't really see it as hair. It just looks like 2 curly things pointing up from the hat.
However, in the game when he takes his hat off, they are still attached to his head, and not the hat.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
However, in the game when he takes his hat off, they are still attached to his head, and not the hat.
When does he take his hat off? What part in the game, when, etc? And where can I get a picture?

I know its a stupid question but please can you let me know?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When does he take his hat off? What part in the game, when, etc? And where can I get a picture?

I know its a stupid question but please can you let me know?
My mistake, you can't see his hair because he's facing the opposite direction when he takes his hat off actually. I could have sworn i've seen that though in game somewhere....

I think it's when Geno is shocked/ surprised at one part...I think his hat rises off his head a bit or something but I can't find a sprite of it

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
My mistake, you can't see his hair because he's facing the opposite direction when he takes his hat off actually. I could have sworn i've seen that though in game somewhere....

I think it's when Geno is shocked/ surprised at one part...I think his hat rises off his head a bit or something but I can't find a sprite of it
Ohh alright. Thanks. :)

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the orange strips just a ribbon that serves as a decoration for his hat? I mean, thats a little bit odd to call it his hair considering he's a doll (obviously ribbons are used to make dolls sometimes) and the way it curls is further evidence that it is simply a decoration.. I don't think its his hair, I've never thought of it that way, but I guess it COULD be... eh.. but then again..

Top Bottom