• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I actually have a few of those FF action figures and to just think of Geno as one. . . I wish more SMRPG merchandise came out with that game. Other than the soundtrack and strategy guides I've heard of key chains and I want the Geno one so bad. ;_;

He really needs knee caps...

As for that action figure I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Attachable arms, hands, small pellets, switches to use to make him shoot star or cannon or pelt shaped plastic...

*WANTS 1 NOA* Normally Im not into collectables that gather dust only practicle things, im not materilistic or anything but a Geno action figure would kick *** especially if such a thing could happen for a Brawl line up of characters. That and I'd be that bored since I down own a wii *cries*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Square does make the sequel, and they bring back Geno (Hopefully)

That may just become a reality...

Depending on certain variables...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
If I was to get any Geno merchandise I would get two of each: one to use and the other to leave in its original packaging to collect. I imagine the Geno doll would also come with seven stars to represent the Star Pieces?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I was to get any Geno merchandise I would get two of each: one to use and the other to leave in its original packaging to collect. I imagine the Geno doll would also come with seven stars to represent the Star Pieces?
*OR* They'd produce figures of Mario, Mallow, Geno, Peach, Bowser, Smithy, and...someone else and each of them come with a different star!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of each of the characters being packaged with a different star. But how will it be decided which colored star goes with each character? Would it matter? Or do you think each star represents something?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If SMRPG got a sequel, with FF characters, who would the chars be and what would be the plot?

I want Cecil and Kain to join Geno and Mario.
Some Kid travels into the Nintendo and Final Fantasy words and teams up with Mario and Geno to travel to different lands, interacting with various Nintendo heroes and villains/ FF heroes and villains...

Some evil villain then tries to drain the hearts of the Nintendo characters turning them into shadowy monster things.

Only the power of friendship can save the Mario universe!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I always imagined there being an intricate back-story to the actual Geno DOLL. First off, he's made of wood, and he lives in a town in the middle of a dense forest - this would suggest that the doll was made by hand, and is one of a kind. Secondly, Gaz's mom is a single mother, if you recall - for that reason, I always imagine that the doll was made by his dad, before he 'went away' somehow (I'd say dead, but the Marioverse normally doesn't go down that path). Geno then stood for Gaz as an emotional replacement for his father, thus adding to his emotional attachment to the doll.

This leads me to my point; that if Geno comes back in the sequel, he wouldn't necessarily have to be on Star Road-related business. He could just be visiting Gaz, knowing how much his presence means to him, and then get caught up in the adventure somehow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always imagined there being an intricate back-story to the actual Geno DOLL. First off, he's made of wood, and he lives in a town in the middle of a dense forest - this would suggest that the doll was made by hand, and is one of a kind. Secondly, Gaz's mom is a single mother, if you recall - for that reason, I always imagine that the doll was made by his dad, before he 'went away' somehow (I'd say dead, but the Marioverse normally doesn't go down that path). Geno then stood for Gaz as an emotional replacement for his father, thus adding to his emotional attachment to the doll.

This leads me to my point; that if Geno comes back in the sequel, he wouldn't necessarily have to be on Star Road-related business. He could just be visiting Gaz, knowing how much his presence means to him, and then get caught up in the adventure somehow.
Wouldn't the father leaving the mother be worse than the father dying?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. I'd be more willing to bet that they'd have the father be dead than have him a runaway/deadbeat
dad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't seem to find it anymore, and I was wanting to show a friend. Can I have a link to the list where Sakurai has Geno with the other first party nintendo characters and has a separate list for the third party?
THAT is written in the Melee poll, the Brawl poll seperates 1st/2nd from 3rd as well but it doesn't state it does like the Melee poll does. I don't know where that is though

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
You think they'll give Geno all-new moves that he never had? They did that for Captain Falcon, Fox, Zelda, and several other characters. I think it would be neat if Geno has more tricks up his sleeves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You think they'll give Geno all-new moves that he never had? They did that for Captain Falcon, Fox, Zelda, and several other characters. I think it would be neat if Geno has more tricks up his sleeves.
Those people didn't have a possible moveset. They may modify some things of Geno to construct him better, but mostly I think that they will stay true to him

LatinoPowerHour

Smash Rookie
:embarrass

Not sure if anyone already mentioned something like this in the last 700 pages but what were the ideas for the spot dodge and roll? For the spot dodge I pictured the star leaving geno for a second, making him fall on the floor sitting lifeless with white pupils, while the star is floating there for however long the spot dodge is.

For the roll, maybe the same idea but the star moves where ever you rolled and geno's body decomposes and reappears wherever the star reappears. this would have to happen really fast of course.

I thought it would be cool to have a unique sidestep and roll to add to such a good character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure if anyone already mentioned something like this in the last 700 pages but what were the ideas for the spot dodge and roll? For the spot dodge I pictured the star leaving geno for a second, making him fall on the floor sitting lifeless with white pupils, while the star is floating there for however long the spot dodge is.

For the roll, maybe the same idea but the star moves where ever you rolled and geno's body decomposes and reappears wherever the star reappears. this would have to happen really fast of course.

I thought it would be cool to have a unique sidestep and roll to add to such a good character.
Ha! Believe it or not, I had that VERY idea in a comic I was going to draw of Geno and Brawl characters....

I dunno if anyone liked the idea though, some people said they'd just kick the doll off the cliff...

I thought it was a good idea

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
wow, Toad, Magikoopa, Koopa Troopa, and a Goomba were all above Geno. But then again they had James Bond above Diddy Kong lol.......

wtf even 006 Trevelyan was on that list.......

antimatter

Smash Lord
Hello everybody! I have a question. Which page had that picture of Geno's probable appearance in Brawl? (I say probable due to the fact I've read that Sakurai will continue posting things even after Brawl's release and the date was Feb. 12 on that picture.)
Thank you for your assistance

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wow, Toad, Magikoopa, Koopa Troopa, and a Goomba were all above Geno. But then again they had James Bond above Diddy Kong lol.......

wtf even 006 Trevelyan was on that list.......
Well yeah, because all the Geno fans were voting for Bowser back then...

...OR Bomberman

Geno is a great character, but Bowser definitely deserved to be in first

Top Bottom