• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But in all seriousness--do you guys honestly think Geno is the main character of SMRPG?
Plot wise, he pretty much is, much like how Midna's basically the main character of Twilight Princess.

This is often seen in RPGs where one character may not have the lead role but is generally more important then the others. For example, plot wise, Colette is more important then Llyod in Tales of Symphonia.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Post this in a new thread to see reactions.

As for your topic...ROCKET KICK SHOES :chuckle: SRSLY! If hecan project his limbs and turn into a cannon why not his feet?
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any good reactions. I shouldn't have posted that at all; no one is going to care anyway...

Rocket Kick Shoes = Win. I could just imagine him yelling "BOOT TO DA HEAD!" while using it! :chuckle:

y3nia659

Smash Ace
oh I mean the main villains, like Bowser Ganon/dorf and those who take the lead. I think the main villains are just a little bit less important than the main playable character but still important.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any good reactions. I shouldn't have posted that at all; no one is going to care anyway...

Rocket Kick Shoes = Win. I could just imagine him yelling "BOOT TO DA HEAD!" while using it! :chuckle:
XD

Still it would be an awesome new move!

All you ever do is troll this thread and the Ashley thread. :confused: Do you hate them or something?
He probably hates both characters with a passion or he does it for the lulz or he does it because he likes logical posts.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
He probably hates both characters with a passion or he does it for the lulz or he does it because he likes logical posts.
I don't hate Geno. And I don't really hate Ashley, either--I just can't stand her fanclub.

And if I liked hearing logical arguments, I certainly wouldn't stay in the Brawl Boards friend.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't hate Geno. And I don't really hate Ashley, either--I just can't stand her fanclub.

And if I liked hearing logical arguments, I certainly wouldn't stay in the Brawl Boards friend.
Um... yeah... I don't think it'd be a overexaggeration to say that probably about half of your posts are in the two forementioned threads...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
If Geno's playable in the potential SMRPG 2, I'd expect him to have a whole lot more 'Geno' moves, and entirely new places on his body to fire weapons from.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Although came late, you came with a good counter arguement, unlike Looooni I commend you.

How have you been? :laugh:

Same question Shadow.

It would be cool if he opened his entire body to reveal all types of lasers, magic, guns, pellets, cannonballs, etc...

Kinda like a robot with all those fancy weaponries or KOS-MOS

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Um... yeah... I don't think it'd be a overexaggeration to say that probably about half of your posts are in the two forementioned threads...
I never denied spending most of my time here in the Brawl Boards. Like I said--it's amusing to mess with people in the Brawl Boards. They take everything so seriously.

But that's just internets for you.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I never denied spending most of my time here in the Brawl Boards. Like I said--it's amusing to mess with people in the Brawl Boards. They take everything so seriously.

But that's just internets for you.
Thats because the internet is serious business >:O Didn't you know that?

=p

Anyways, I'm really hoping that if there is a remake that not only does Geno get more moves but we see the return of Bowser joining the party as well.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Err, Enigma, I popped back in a few pages back already. I've been busy here at college - work AND Thanksgiving break. Very time-consuming.

... That, AND Mother 3. >.>

But yeah, sorry I've been away for so long.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering for a while now if the character copyright list located at the bottom of the dojo is complete. Something tells me that the companies listed there are obviously the companies that participated in Brawl, but considering Square Enix isn't cited... uh.. maybe Geno isn't a playable character. Another thing is, the same list of cited companies can be found in the demo (keep in mind not all companies were represented in the demo.. another clue that the citation is complete).

I've been bothered for many days now about this. I hope I'm horribly incorrect and that Sakurai isn't updating the list until more third party characters are revealed. Its a pitiful list if you asked me and sadly not only will we not get Geno (as a playable character; the latest assist trophy's company has not been cited) but that means Capcom didn't participate, Rareware (don't ask) didn't participate and most of all, Square Enix didn't participate etc etc etc.

I don't know what to think anymore... unless Sakurai decides to do a "hidden" citation in the credits once you beat the game, considering thats how Geno was cited in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

Only time will tell and I'm really hoping we get Geno.. just lately things are a bit iffy.

Geno for Brawl!!!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Err, Enigma, I popped back in a few pages back already. I've been busy here at college - work AND Thanksgiving break. Very time-consuming.

... That, AND Mother 3. >.>

But yeah, sorry I've been away for so long.
I know you've been busy thats y i asked. Also in your previous post you mentioned being a bust student.

MOTHER#3?! How...nvm that for now.

Its ok if you're busy you don't have to post every single day.

BTW our wiki page got taken down.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I've been wondering for a while now if the character copyright list located at the bottom of the dojo is complete. Something tells me that the companies listed there are obviously the companies that participated in Brawl, but considering Square Enix isn't cited... uh.. maybe Geno isn't a playable character. Another thing is, the same list of cited companies can be found in the demo (keep in mind not all companies were represented in the demo.. another clue that the citation is complete).

I've been bothered for many days now about this. I hope I'm horribly incorrect and that Sakurai isn't updating the list until more third party characters are revealed. Its a pitiful list if you asked me and sadly not only will we not get Geno (as a playable character; the latest assist trophy's company has not been cited) but that means Capcom didn't participate, Rareware (don't ask) didn't participate and most of all, Square Enix didn't participate etc etc etc.

I don't know what to think anymore... unless Sakurai decides to do a "hidden" citation in the credits once you beat the game, considering thats how Geno was cited in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

Only time will tell and I'm really hoping we get Geno.. just lately things are a bit iffy.

Geno for Brawl!!!
Doesn't mean anything. Sega wasn't credited until after Sonic was confirmed. Besides, Sakurai doesn't have to give credit on the site until he updates the character.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

Geno for Brawl!!!
SEGA wasn't on the site until Sonic was revealed BTW

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I know you've been busy thats y i asked. Also in your previous post you mentioned being a bust student.

MOTHER#3?! How...nvm that for now.

Its ok if you're busy you don't have to post every single day.

BTW our wiki page got taken down.
ALL the wiki pages got taken down.

RDK even removed the deletion tags once but they were just put back up. It's better now, the RIDLEY thing with their vandalism of the Wiki's was a minor annoyance and a waste of time

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Have it saved.

Anyways yeah Sakurai did show Sega when Sonic was revealed so just be patient...for some reason i predict a pokeball update.

Anyways don't worry about Brawl and looking into details too much, its supposed to be a fun game with nostaglia and your fav. characters battline it out of course. =p

It would be cool for the core of Geno is not stuffing but him as a star and if he were to use that star power it would due EPIC damage. But then the doll become lifeless...

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Have it saved.

Anyways yeah Sakurai did show Sega when Sonic was revealed so just be patient...for some reason i predict a pokeball update.

Anyways don't worry about Brawl and looking into details too much, its supposed to be a fun game with nostaglia and your fav. characters battline it out of course. =p

It would be cool for the core of Geno is not stuffing but him as a star and if he were to use that star power it would due EPIC damage. But then the doll become lifeless...
That WOULD be cool. :D

By the way, is there really any in-game evidence that Geno's made of wood? Or is it just an assumption because of his overall body colour?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
That WOULD be cool. :D

By the way, is there really any in-game evidence that Geno's made of wood? Or is it just an assumption because of his overall body colour?
Bowser said stuffing, Geno didn't object probably because he knew that he could beat up Bowser.

But Geno is action figure with a knock out punch...So IMO wood and air. And he's imprevious to fire and he kinda has water abilities...

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Geno the next avatar!

Kidding but yes Wood and Air.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Where do people purchase their dolls in Super Mario RPG anyways? Also, if Geno is made of wood, no wonder it was "stronger" looking than the plush Mario/Peach/Bowser (that is if they ARE that and not plastic or something, but they're dolls.. so..).

I've always liked to assume that Gazz's father made Geno for him as a present before he left or died or whatever (we never actually know WHAT happened to Gazz's father). I guess it was Gazz's father's wish to make Geno strong to look after Gazz.. I mean Geno does look like a super hero.. anyywayys... yeah thats just my opinion..

Geno for tomorrow's update!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Where do people purchase their dolls in Super Mario RPG anyways? Also, if Geno is made of wood, no wonder it was "stronger" looking than the plush Mario/Peach/Bowser (that is if they ARE that and not plastic or something, but they're dolls.. so..).

I've always liked to assume that Gazz's father made Geno for him as a present before he left or died or whatever (we never actually know WHAT happened to Gazz's father). I guess it was Gazz's father's wish to make Geno strong to look after Gazz.. I mean Geno does look like a super hero.. anyywayys... yeah thats just my opinion..

Geno for tomorrow's update!
Yeah with the cape and everything...Holy crap Geno would make an awesome super hero!

Where do they get the dolls? Booster has 1, Gaz, Bowser uses 1 for an attack...http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Doll

On a coincidental note a member of the GA has made a pkushie! Even has a Mallow and Vivian 1!

http://kd476.deviantart.com/art/Geno-Plushy-70687835

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I want a Geno plushie! ;_; Anyway I always had the belief that the Geno doll was a one of a kind made by Gaz's grandfather and it had some sort of significance which was why it became Gaz's favorite.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Nice to see you on, Oshiro!

Anyways that would be cool if SE or nintendo wrote a bg on the doll. Bet you one of us can even write it!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to write something up in the future, after I get done with these two 50-theme one sentence challenges on SMRPG that I'm currently working on. ^_^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't we all. D=

Mine would have LAZUHZ.

*pew pew pewpew pewww*
NO! Have you ever seen those Square action figures with FF and Kingdom Hearts...

Geno fully detailed figure with Shooting arms and moveable parts!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a few of those FF action figures and to just think of Geno as one. . . I wish more SMRPG merchandise came out with that game. Other than the soundtrack and strategy guides I've heard of key chains and I want the Geno one so bad. ;_;

Top Bottom