• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Sorry, I knew it wasn't for me but I looked back to see who it was meant for and didn't see anything at first, that's why I was like huh?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
That's been playing in the background for nearly an hour now while i lurk, never get sick of it

Making me want to go play SMRPG again... must resist

Even tho I have it on SNES I wanna buy it on VC already.

After looking t that Geno sprite for Geno Beam, I always thought he had a wand for that move, but is it just an extension of his arm?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
@ Thirdkoopa if he's still on:

I went into the Birdo thread and pretty much destroyed their arguements against Geno with only about two paragraphs. It astounds me how easy it was to argue their points and I haven't been part of such a one sided debate since I used to debate with Daisy fans back in the Spring...

By the way, to whomever's responsible for the Geno Alliance page, could you add my arguement about why Super Mario RPG was such a significant game in Mario and Nintendo's history? It's only a couple of pages back and I think it would open a lot of people's eyes to how SMRPG is hardly "just a dumb spinoff."
That goodness , I Killed there arguements with "Geno is a highly requested character , Birdo on the other hand has nothing going for him" And ...Oh well once they see em ;) Thanks Fatmanonice (Easier when you do it like how i kill claus haters ;).)
Anyhow on-topic:Who isn't excited to see geno in brawl ? ...And who will main with him once again i ask this question ? Or use him a bit :p ? I'm sure i will a lot.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
Same amount as Ice Climbers then. =p And Roy. but still more than Lucas! [If Geno's in Brawl... LOL at if ~_^]
Actually, Geno would be at a same number as Roy if Geno is included in Brawl and Roy is left out. Remember, he's got a cameo at the end of FE7.

So for my ska SMRPG song... do we have any instrumentalists who would like to record one of the tracks once I get around to writing it out? The main issue is drums, but any brass players would be nice as well.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Here

Guys, look!! If that is true, oh boy Geno's chances have gone beyond even the heavens!
You just beat me to it!

And that is the best rumor EVER.

But this part scares me.
- Square-Enix is considering bringing back Super Mario RPG by making a sequel on the DS. The sequel would include more characters from the Final Fantasy

They better not pull another Mario Hoops

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You just beat me to it!

But this part scares me.
- Square-Enix is considering bringing back Super Mario RPG by making a sequel on the DS. The sequel would include more characters from the Final Fantasy

Rumor ? I Hope it's true ;) , Then we are a lot more likely to have our geno at this point :laugh:.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
You just beat me to it!

But this part scares me.

Yeah, hmm.. This might be a HUGE stretch, but imagine if Sephiroth was in the game, wow, then Geno could test his powers on him.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Here

Guys, look!! If that is true, oh boy Geno's chances have gone beyond even the heavens!

dude, thanks for the info. If that's true I'm going to take a power dump in my pants.

I mean a sequel to SMRPG!?!? Never thought it would happen. ( /off topic rambling)

If this is true though it means that Geno is guaranteed to be in Brawl. ...That is if the sequel includes him. But square enix would have to be insurmountably stupid to put final fantasy characters in the game and not Geno. Things are looking up guys :D !

(though I guess we shouldn't get to excited as it is a rumor... but a believable one considering the two company's relationship these days)

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Now if this game were true, and also Super Mario RPG on the VC, it's the nail on the coffin, unless Square Enix or Sakurai refuses to let Geno be in SSBB.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well to be frank, even if there is a new SMRPG, Geno is still extremely obscure. Heck, we don't know if he'd even have a role in this game that might not exist.

And technically with the IC's recent jump in exposure/ multiple releases of their games, they have shown up many more times than Geno. (Heck, the only character to hypothetically tie with Geno is Lucas, and Lucas is the main character of his game, and basically the series at this point, unlike Geno)

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well to be frank, even if there is a new SMRPG, Geno is still extremely obscure. Heck, we don't know if he'd even have a role in this game that might not exist.

And technically with the IC's recent jump in exposure/ multiple releases of their games, they have shown up many more times than Geno. (Heck, the only character to hypothetically tie with Geno is Lucas, and Lucas is the main character of his game, and basically the series at this point, unlike Geno)
II'll be as bold to say that: Super Mario Bros started Mario off and Geno MADE Mario what he is today lol.

I hope that's true, but FF characters? wtf.......

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know about these rumors. There was just a real interview with Camelot saying that there wasn't a Golden Sun game in the making.

Regardless, if it's true it might just mean that two of my supported characters have a chance. :) (Isaac and Geno)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Being a Geno fan myself, even I can say that Pieman knows what he's talking about. While the rumor is great and all, it is just that, a rumor.

This argument gets me more heated than the fires of a thousand sons. Who cares if Geno isn't the main character in his game? You know who the main character in his game is? Mario.

So, he's a secondary character to a game who's main character is already in Brawl. Why does that not qualify? Because he's third party? That's about as unreasonable as denying a gentleman access to a bar when his best friend owns the place.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
yeah, i don't trust rumors, but if that is true then of course Geno would be in Brawl.

Brawl is Geno's last stand...if he doesn't make it in, we'll likely never see him in another game again. but, if he's in, and he's in an SMRPG sequel......:psycho:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
This argument gets me more heated than the fires of a thousand sons. Who cares if Geno isn't the main character in his game? You know who the main character in his game is? Mario.

So, he's a secondary character to a game who's main character is already in Brawl. Why does that not qualify? Because he's third party? That's about as unreasonable as denying a gentleman access to a bar when his best friend owns the place.
It's because he's only had one real role, and one cameo. Unlike the other obscure one shot characters, he also has the flaw of not being the main one of his game. Thus, he is a secondary character with one game and one cameo. And in the long run of the Mario series, he wasn't even secondary. Just that one game he had a real roll, but there are loads of others from that same series who also have that type of importance. Then on top of that, he's third party. No Melee character has the same combination of problems as he does.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
All I know is that rumor, even though it's just a rumor, just Geno Boosted his chances more than it hurt them, so I'm still happy.

It's because he's only had one real role, and one cameo. Unlike the other obscure one shot characters, he also has the flaw of not being the main one of his game. Thus, he is a secondary character with one game and one cameo. And in the long run of the Mario series, he wasn't even secondary. Just that one game he had a real roll, but there are loads of others from that same series who also have that type of importance. Then on top of that, he's third party. No Melee character has the same combination of problems as he does.

Yea, but that's because we never had third party characters until now. And he's really more like seconds and a half party, since he's in Mario games that have only appeared for Nintendo. What about Falco? He wasn't a main charcter or anything.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it hurt him more if the game was true and he wasn't in it?
It undoubtably would, but I'd wager that it'd hurt the Mario RPG series (it sounds weird saying it that way) as a whole much much more than it'd actually hurt his chances for Brawl.

What you say is true to an extent, but, in this remote example, Geno's importance is balanced with characters sporting names like Mario, Peach, and Bowser. Not only that, but he surpasses their importance. The plight of that game could not have been resolved without Geno, but Mario could have gotten by without picking up Mallow, Peach, or Bowser.

I understand that my argument only plays into the storyline aspect of his situation, but, because of the legal issues surrounding him and his ownership, Geno couldn't have played an integral role in the Mario franchise without Nintendo either buying the character or paying royalties each time they wanted to use him.

Besides, I think Mario RPG ends on a note that does a fine job of explaining Geno's absense. It's sort of like an "I'll be back. I can't say when or why, but I'll be back."

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The only way for him to be worked into the game is if someone attacks the star locations or where the star citizens reside.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
That's the best rumor I've heard in a while. lol

A SMRPG sequel would really be awesome, especially if Geno and FF characters were involved.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
well in other mario rpg sequals (paper mario series) no partner from one game appeared in the next (except parrakarry, hes the mailman after all) so even if there was a sequal i dont think geno would be making a appearence.
Except this would be a true sequel to Super Mario RPG...

Top Bottom