• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On another thread a posted a way to have Smithy work into SE as a boss that would, naturally, be a way to tie Geno into the game. Maybe he could be partnered with Lucas; the doll, which happens to have fallen under Lucas's possession, is brought to life to fight against the Minister.

Also, Geno's look in Brawl really has me on the edge. If he's brought into the game, it's hard to say how they would really approach him. If they keep him the same, it would be fine, probably, but there's also a chance he could be... trendified (which isn't always a terrible thing). I can't find the picture, but there's one fan art that makes Geno look absolutely terrifying. Long, spindly fingers... giant, creepy eyes. He looked like a Salad Fingers, almost. Pictures like that make me kind of hope Geno isn't put in.
How's this?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/Unsung_2007/01Geno.png

Geno shouldn't look Creepy...Probably a little heroic, but definitely some child-like quality to him.

It's suppose to be an ironic contradiction...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On another thread a posted a way to have Smithy work into SE as a boss that would, naturally, be a way to tie Geno into the game. Maybe he could be partnered with Lucas; the doll, which happens to have fallen under Lucas's possession, is brought to life to fight against the Minister.

Also, Geno's look in Brawl really has me on the edge. If he's brought into the game, it's hard to say how they would really approach him. If they keep him the same, it would be fine, probably, but there's also a chance he could be... trendified (which isn't always a terrible thing). I can't find the picture, but there's one fan art that makes Geno look absolutely terrifying. Long, spindly fingers... giant, creepy eyes. He looked like a Salad Fingers, almost. Pictures like that make me kind of hope Geno isn't put in.
I think I know which picture you're talking about... Anyways, from what we've seen so far, all the playable characters are just slightly modified versions of their normal selves with some touch ups to make them more realistic. For example, Mario's denim is really detailed, King Dedede actually has an underlining to his robe instead of just a belt like in the games, Yoshi's shoes look old and worn, etc. Because Geno was created in the SNES era, I can't imagine him getting a massive overhaul like Pit or the Ice Climbers did. If Geno were added, he'd probably have a longer cape, his cape and boots would look like actual texiles, and his wooden "skin" would be detailed enough to show creases, swirls, etc if you look at it closely. With that said, his changes wouldn't be that big of a deal and it wouldn't be like his character was completely revamped.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
PsychoIncarnate, I've seen that one before and I'm pretty cool with it. It's an interesting new take on the character, for sure, and I'm all about that.

I think one of the big things with my seeing Geno in 3D is that I only realized a few months ago that the orange twirls on Geno's hat aren't his nose. For the longest time I thought that center one was his nose, so any kind of new look would blow me away.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Fatman you win the internet... all the cookies... and bill gates is now your whipping boy, i think you get the idea. you are the biggest geno fan i've ever see... err... talke... err... kind of known ever. you made a hatter use the word "epic" without putting the word "phail/fail" in front of it. they really are simply beautiful counter points.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen this picture yet?

I didn't make this, but whoever did is awesome! :chuckle: The only problem with this Geno Kirby is that he isn't made of wood. In order to use any of Geno's attacks, I think Kirby needs to become wooden. Maybe someone should photoshop this? Heck, maybe I'll give it a try. Could be fun! :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I didn't make this, but whoever did is awesome! :chuckle: The only problem with this Geno Kirby is that he isn't made of wood. In order to use any of Geno's attacks, I think Kirby needs to become wooden. Maybe someone should photoshop this? Heck, maybe I'll give it a try. Could be fun! :p
The guy who made this is actually an Nsider named "Hex" (his full screen name is really hard to spell so I'll just go with that) and he did all the Kirby hats that are currently floating around all the various Nintendo related forums.

Also, Kirby doesn't need to become wooden to use Geno attacks. For example, even without an arm cannon, Kirby can still do Samus's charge shot and he just uses his hands. For whatever Geno's B attack could be, I imagine it'd be the same case.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

That was Hextupleyoodot on Nsider , When Nsider moved to Nsider2 then he still stayed there , He's a really good kirby hat maker.

Oh and fatmanonice take care of a couple of birdo fanboy's will you:http://nsider2.com/forums/Birdo-s-Character-Analysis-t58200.html , They need to go learn the awsomeness of geno.
Anyhow good idea's for his looks and everything so far guys ;) , Hmm i can't really come up with another good subspace idea for him.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
our wiki has SE ideas for him, him teaming up with Issac and De

Star Shadow if you can, could you please write more?

Anyways Geno alts should be the other armor, star cape, sailor cape...

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:

lol, that smithy thread was the one i made but everyone stopped responding to it. can you try and find that picture of geno you mentioned???

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
our wiki has SE ideas for him, him teaming up with Issac and De

Star Shadow if you can, could you please write more?

Anyways Geno alts should be the other armor, star cape, sailor cape...
I've heard this Wiki mentioned before... where is it?

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
lol, that smithy thread was the one i made but everyone stopped responding to it. can you try and find that picture of geno you mentioned???
http://i4.tinypic.com/675l6s5.jpg

There ya go.

And I was kind of disappointed to see the Smithy thread lose steam (not that it had much in the first place, though). Chances are that, even if Geno's in Brawl, Smithy won't be in as well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ Thirdkoopa if he's still on:

I went into the Birdo thread and pretty much destroyed their arguements against Geno with only about two paragraphs. It astounds me how easy it was to argue their points and I haven't been part of such a one sided debate since I used to debate with Daisy fans back in the Spring...

By the way, to whomever's responsible for the Geno Alliance page, could you add my arguement about why Super Mario RPG was such a significant game in Mario and Nintendo's history? It's only a couple of pages back and I think it would open a lot of people's eyes to how SMRPG is hardly "just a dumb spinoff."

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Psycho's Geno and the Kirby Geno look awesome. I really think Geno does need some blue clothes in Brawl, he can't go in naked with a cape.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Psycho's Geno and the Kirby Geno look awesome. I really think Geno does need some blue clothes in Brawl, he can't go in naked with a cape.
He doesn't have pants either! XD

BTW anyone up for the Geno art project just do whatever you want, from writings to drawings or sprite comics or sigs, just make sure they're not to big! Be creative, have fun! But don't think to hard about it.

Like someone draw what Geno looks like if he were in Mario Galaxy or something.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Night.

Tomorrow I'm talking like Boywer and disabling your keyboard button options! XD

Night all Geno for Brawl! (I don't have a wii but the Galaxy music is absolutely incredible!)

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't have pants either! XD

BTW anyone up for the Geno art project just do whatever you want, from writings to drawings or sprite comics or sigs, just make sure they're not to big! Be creative, have fun! But don't think to hard about it.

Like someone draw what Geno looks like if he were in Mario Galaxy or something.
Would a ska cover of the SMRPG song count as a part of that? Ever since I heard it a few days ago, I've been itching to record something of it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
o.o;

I don't hate Geno. I just don't hold him in very high esteem, that's all. It's the same stance I have with Megaman: If he gets in, that's cool. He deserves a shot. If he doesn't get in, I'm not too particularly heartbroken.

I loved SMRPG; don't get me wrong. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs this side of Valkyrie Profile, Disgaea, and Final Fantasy VII. It's just, well...

...okay, I'm guilty. Bowser was my favorite character from SMRPG. I found him to be absolutely hysterical at times. His reluctance to join forces with Mario and the way they portrayed it was golden. Couple that with the fact that one of Bowser's normal attacks with the Throwing Gloves is to hurl Mario at his foes and you have me sold. Geno, of course, was never too far from my party or my interest. I did enjoy his character; he was very unique in his own right and definitely oozed cool.

My whole point is this: While I hope for Geno's inclusion, I would not be at a loss if he wasn't included. You have my passive support.

Smooth Criminal

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would you guys pretty much go crazy if Mario's music update happened to be Forest Maze?

If Geno isn't in Brawl then hopefully we'll atleast get that song... I like it.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Would you guys pretty much go crazy if Mario's music update happened to be Forest Maze?
that would be an AMAZING update and yeah, i'd probably go pretty nuts. that'd be a Geno confirmation in my book. it wouldn't be as nice as seeing Geno in all of his next-gen glory, but it would be enough to get me way overexcited.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Forest Maze is ok.

Smithy's theme (1st form) is the stand out score for me.

Hope they don't screw up either song with a terrible remix. I really wish the composers weren't so experimental with the music. Can't they find new ways to mess up outside of games that matter?

Someone did a good job on Ashley's song though....too bad its the only 5 star song I see on the list so far. Kid Icarus's theme sounds good too (but only because they left it virtually untouched thank God).

Everything else sounds too **** campy.

Somehow...I see a deep house style being applied to Forest Maze. Why you ask? Because an orchestrated version makes too much sense.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I like the last 10 seconds of the Pokemon song for some reason. I'd really like a remix between Forest Maze and Star Piece Bosses music. Those are my 2 fav songs and I think they might actually be able to go wlel togteehr for a Geno stage.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Oh yes, I love the dark alts, Dark Link, Dark Fox, Dark Zelda, and Fallen Pit... I really hope to see a Dark Geno if our favorite doll makes it.

Top Bottom