• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I've grown to like this Geno, especially his moveset, but is he considered 3rd party or not?

Oh and does anyone know who this RIDLEY spy was/is?
Geno's legal circumstance is bizarre. As I was saying in an earlier post, I think Geno is in the same boat as King K. Rool or Dixie Kong. I think that if Nintendo just gives credit to Square Enix they're able to use Geno. If a person claims copyright that doesn't necessarily mean they hold 100% of the rights, its a statement that you created the character and that Square Enix is the one to file the lawsuit if Geno was ever marketed without giving Square Enix credit. Look at it this way, even if Nintendo bought the rights to Geno they could never claim they created him. Besides, I think Japanese copyright laws are different than the USA or Europe.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
So, are there anymore comments on my last cutscenes? Did I go a little too far and make it sound a little unrealistic? I actually thought the whole Ridley Vs Geno thing was actually fitting for Geno. After all, that wouldn't be the first time that Geno had to fight a Dragon inside of a volcano. ;)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I've grown to like this Geno, especially his moveset, but is he considered 3rd party or not?
This has been addressed many times before, but he is considered second and a half party. :dizzy: If I can find a link or quote from here, that'd be better, I can't explain it too well :urg:

Oh and does anyone know who this RIDLEY spy was/is?[/QUOTE]

LOL, you guys are considering me a "spy"? I just asked to join R.I.D.L.E.Y. because I always loved the character, but never wanted to be associated with grim, gypsy, etc. I just went on the message boards and saw what I saw and thought it be best we were prepared here for the worst.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
This has been addressed many times before, but he is considered second and a half party. :dizzy: If I can find a link or quote from here, that'd be better, I can't explain it too well :urg:

Oh and does anyone know who this RIDLEY spy was/is?
LOL, you guys are considering me a "spy"? I just asked to join R.I.D.L.E.Y. because I always loved the character, but never wanted to be associated with grim, gypsy, etc. I just went on the message boards and saw what I saw and thought it be best we were prepared here for the worst.[/QUOTE]

Also since I run the GA and have posted everyday since I've joined I know whose a regular or not. Hemightbegiant is a regular who we can trust.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
So he would not take up a 3rd party spot?

Oh then are you saying you were the guy that joined RIDLEY, spammed the forum with Geno pics, and posted his so called "victory against imbeciles" on SWF?

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Oh then are you saying you were the guy that joined RIDLEY, spammed the forum with Geno pics, and posted his so called "victory against imbeciles" on SWF?
No Geno would not take a 3 party spot, at most he's second party and what are you talking about?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, kind of, but not really :psycho:

No, I never posted anything on there, but within 5 minutes of reporting to the mods here, I got banned from the server there.

EDIT:

No, that isn't me.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who that R.I.D.L.E.Y spy is but he did one hell of a job infiltrating and disrupting their plans. I commend him for what he did.

I was also wondering who it was myself...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know who that R.I.D.L.E.Y spy is but he did one hell of a job infiltrating and disrupting their plans. I commend him for what he did.
Don't, although full of LULZ, what he did was no more commendable than what the R.I.D.L.E.Y. spammers were planning, and he deserved what he got. Don't praise him.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that he saved two threads from getting closed. I really don't see the wrong in what he did. Serves the people at R.I.D.L.E.Y right for trying to get their revenge on us like that.

It's not our fault that they got shut down.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
So is he or is he not 3rd party Hemightbegiant? =/

And that guy was totally wrong for attacking RIDLEY in their own forum, separate from SWF.
And we weren't tring to get other threads closed. T_T

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T RELATE TO GENO. PERIOD.

goodness people i have to baby sit what the heck
We are nearing 10,000 posts ;_;

We have basically discussed his inclusion to death lol. It's kind of hard not to veer off a little bit every once in awhile.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
We are nearing 10,000 posts ;_;

We have basically discussed his inclusion to death lol. It's kind of hard not to veer off a little bit every once in awhile.
TRue. IF only the topic title could change se we could discuss thing like "Geno support 4 Brawl! and the Geno Alliance!"

D

Deleted member

The mods still will not allow it.

I mean, the same thing happened to the R****Y thread.
SHHH
Stop discussing stuff that is not about Geno. D=

So, yeah. Geno, he is pretty God. I would like to see him for Brawl.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
and thats exactly why i think this should be closed soon, this isn't a geno community chat thread
Could you give us advice on where a Geno Community Chat thread should be made.

Seriously, at this point people are probably just staying on topic about Geno just so they can quickly talk about stuff that isn't all about Geno, but does have some effect on him in some way.

D

Deleted member

Like, look at the Waluigi thread. They keep talking about frigging Toad.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Could you give us advice on where a Geno Community Chat thread should be made.

Seriously, at this point people are probably just staying on topic about Geno just so they can quickly talk about stuff that isn't all about Geno, but does have some effect on him in some way.

Question ignored ;_;

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
*throws a wrench in the topic*

Why do people even has a chance of getting in?

He was in 2 games and only was a major role in one of them.
People need to stop being delusional and see that Geno has little to no chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

But it isn't like we are spamming or anything. In most occasions half the crap we talk about has to do with Geno but we are talking about guys like Ridley too. I don't remember that being against any of the rules.

People need to stop being delusional and see that Geno has little to no chance of getting in.
Ice Climbers were in one.
He has a HUGE chance. He was mentioned to Sakurai's poll 4 times. That is more than Megaman got. Sakurai is very interested in Geno to. Geno pretty much has his own moveset played out.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
talking about people in another forum doesn't relate to the topic at hand, and the fact that all thats happening now is debate with ME is making me want to close this down due to there apparently being "nothing left to talk about"

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Great english, we've already answered all this before, you're no different, if u wish to know why then look at both of the links, im done arguing with morons who refuse to know about a character.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/The_♥♪!?_Alliance

and

http://nsider2.com/forums/Geno-Star-Heaven-t13783.html

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

You need to stop being so ignorant and actually see why he has chances of being in. Sure, he has only been in two games, but it's painfully obvious that being in two games more then qualifies you to be in a Super Smash Brothers game.

Ice Climbers
Sheik
Roy (Melee was the first game he was in btw)

I don't see why two games constitutes insta-failure.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
and thats exactly why i think this should be closed soon, this isn't a geno community chat thread
I know I don't much right to speak out against Moderators since I'm so new here, but don't you think you're being a little mean? From what I've seen so far, everyone has been incredibly on-topic, SO MUCH MORE on-topic than Geno topics I've seen on GameFaqs. This place is pretty much like a haven for me. I know some other things get mentioned once in a while, but you shouldn't snap at every little thing. It makes you seem a little tyrannical. No one said Moderators couldn't be a little bit friendly. :)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Great english, we've already answered all this before, you're no different, if u wish to know why then look at both of the links, im done arguing with morons who refuse to know about a character.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/The_♥♪!?_Alliance

and

http://nsider2.com/forums/Geno-Star-Heaven-t13783.html
You need to stop being so ignorant and actually see why he has chances of being in. Sure, he has only been in two games, but it's painfully obvious that being in two games more then qualifies you to be in a Super Smash Brothers game.

Ice Climbers
Sheik
Roy (Melee was the first game he was in btw)

I don't see why two games constitutes insta-failure.
Also MArth was in just 2 games before Melee. If you didnt read the links Im not surprised, but im done with arguing with haters/trolls and I'm done coming to a thread in which Geno can't be talked about openly, if you look at it, about 1/4 of the alliance is still here and a few newcomers who've acutally played SMRPG and know who Geno is.

I'm still avaliable for PMs but I'm almost done.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
But Geno isn't exactly a "main" character of the Mario franchise. And the characters in Melee are usually the main hero, heronie, sidekick, rival, or villain.

The fact is you are being the ignorant one for being blind in the fact that Geno has little chance of being playabe.

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking with logic here. Just because he's popular doesn't mean he'll be playable. Deoxys and Goroh were popular and look where it got them.

So if anything, Geno will most likely be an assist trophy.

And Ice Climbers was a favorite of Sakurai's

Enigma14

Smash Champion
But Geno isn't exactly a "main" character of the Mario franchise. And the characters in Melee are usually the main hero, heronie, sidekick, rival, or villain.

The fact is you are being the ignorant one for being blind in the fact that Geno has little chance of being playabe.

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking with logic here. Just because he's popular doesn't mean he'll be playable. Deoxys and Goroh were popular and look where it got them.

Does Doctor Mario represent the entire Mario series? Does Sheik, who only appeared in 1 game?

Also Geno was vital to SMRPG and because of his mission in the game, that trend later appeared in Mario titles, STAR COLLECTING!

Also Geno isnt only popular but memorable. Because from all the entries from Japan they all said the same thing.

"Please put Geno in and growing up SMRPG was my fav. game"

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice

First of all, please explain to us all how Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Pichu are all super important to Pokemon? Are they really strong? Worth using in battles? Are they legendary? Are they main characters that play a very important role to the world of Pokemon?

Second of all, if you were following logic you would come to terms that not only is Geno highly requested as a playable character but also mentioned several times over the course of Sakurai's journal. Sakurai took time to write about Geno when he had plenty of other requests he could have wrote about. The point is, if Geno wasn't wanted another character would have took his spot on the polls and in Sakurai's journal entries.

Third of all, if you think Geno would make such a great assist trophy, please, tell us all, what move would he do? Hmm? I mean he doesn't have ANY individuality or moves, so please, go on. Show us up.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

Wow. You have got to be kidding me. Have you even played SMRPG?

The story of the game itself revolves around Star Road and Geno. I wouldn't classify him as a Sidekick, but he was the most important if not then second most important character in the game.

He's also been mentioned 5 times by Sakurai so we know that Sakurai knows his name, so he must be considering him at least a little bit. If he's not a character then he isn't going to be an AT. Why would they pay Square any money even if it was a minimal fee for an AT?

R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Smash Cadet
Does Doctor Mario represent the entire Mario series? Does Sheik, who only appeared in 1 game?
In all fairness, Sheik was a transformation of Zelda (part of her moveset), which was fine, considering that was what Zelda was to us at that time. Sheik is just an alter ego of Zelda. Geno will not be part of a moveset and is not an alterego. As far as Doc...he was basically Mario with a different outfit and a couple different effects. Used as filler. Do you really want Geno to be a filler with basically the same exact moveset as someone else? I didn't think so. So, you really should try to refrain from those types of arguments.

Please don't take that as me dissing on Geno or his chances. I'm just trying to help and make clarifications.

Also, please cut the flaming guys. Try to be a little more civil to people who don't support him.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
That means nothing. And if you read my post I said usually.

Besides Dr.Mario is technically Mario. And Sheik is a part of Zelda.

I know who Geno is. He's neat, can do some unique moves, has a whirl attack which deals 9999 damage, and he is cool. But I still don't think Geno should be playable. I also think 4 reps for the Mario series is good enough.

As for Pokemon. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are considered the main mascots of the Pokemon games.

Pichu was a mistake that should of never happened.

Top Bottom