• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Mallow with Ice Climbers seems likely....

I can't help but try to make the pairings make sense.....thats why I chose Kirby and Geno.
well then lets try to make sence of them...

Mario and Pit are both the protaginist of there own games...

Kirby and Peach as well as Link and Yoshi match colors...

and Fox and Diddy are both animals!

so thay ussualy have SOMETHING in comon... the question is... What?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Putting him close to geno who has no cha ((Kidding of course , Duh :p.)) My point is still that it's likely to be with another rep , Do you have any clue how well Mother 3 did in japan ? Oh great i don't want to get off-topic , Your right ... It's what SAKURAI Thinks! :p.

Anyhow what else should we talk about on geno ? :p , I Really don't think mallow should be an NPC Who helps you in adventure mode because i kind of don't want this to be a cannon game of a bunch of other games but that's just me , I'd like to see that happen through :chuckle:.
Actually, Mother 3 didn't even sell half the copies that Mother2/ Earthbound sold but that's besides the point. :psycho:

Anyways, I guess we haven't talked about how Geno would be unlocked yet. I'd say you have to beat classic mode with Mario, Bowser, and Peach on very hard or intense.
I like the idea of actually having to work to get him.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
well then lets try to make sence of them...

Mario and Pit are both the protaginist of there own games...

Kirby and Peach as well as Link and Yoshi match colors...

and Fox and Diddy are both animals!

so thay ussualy have SOMETHING in comon... the question is... What?
heh, im sure You could find SOMETHING in common between any two characters if you tried hard enough

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Actually, Mother 3 didn't even sell half the copies that Mother2/ Earthbound sold but that's besides the point. :psycho:

Anyways, I guess we haven't talked about how Geno would be unlocked yet. I'd say you have to beat classic mode with Mario, Bowser, and Peach on very hard or intense.
sounds like a challenge. why not have them beat it at normal mode

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

No Smash Bros. has done that to date, and I think it might be unfair to those who aren't as skilled. Sakurai wouldn't punish those who can't beat the game on intense mode. The only real exception I've seen is beating event 51 (right number?) to unlock Final Destination, which was hard to reach for some of my friends. For characters though, it's usually relatively simple, and I suspect that pattern will continue.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
:urg: sounds like a pain in the ***. maybe you should just have to get a certain score with mario in classic mode.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
lol, why cant we just all get along
Ridley and Geno are my 2 most wanted for brawl yet so much animosity between the two

Whered you hear this Genosall?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
They were torn apart along time ago, lets just face it the Ridley is just the born enemy of the Geno

Edit: ahhh didn't see Gimpy's post when i posted this

*BUBBLE SHIELDS for Bowser fsmash*

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
i think that geno should call out his moves as he does them, like ness....but cooler. what do you say?
Neat idea. I always imagined his voice to be a little nonchalant. Sort of like a rebel without a cause. And there's no need to have sworn enemies. I like Ridley. If they want to be mean, simply turn the other cheek.

The More you Know <<<<<<<*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
honestly i'd vote geno whirl for a short but sweet final smash

it basically would travel very quickly horizontally accross the screen, show the flash as if you timed it correctly, and deal like 40% and kill at over 30.

I'd just love to see him do that then look at the screen and do a nod, classic!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

it basically would travel very quickly horizontally accross the screen, show the flash as if you timed it correctly, and deal like 40% and kill at over 30.

i think that move is better suited to a side B, but with a random chance to do the extra damage like you described. kinda like how game & watch has a random chance for an insta-kill with his side B.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

Neat idea. But honestly, I'd like to see something we never imagined. I like how Sakurai blindsides us, and I want Geno to be no different.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i think that move is better suited to a side B, but with a random chance to do the extra damage like you described. kinda like how game & watch has a random chance for an insta-kill with his side B.
The thing about Geno is that any of his special moves (except Geno Boost, of course) would serve as really good Final Smashes. I still perfer the idea of them using Geno Flash though.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
The thing about Geno is that any of his special moves (except Geno Boost, of course) would serve as really good Final Smashes. I still perfer the idea of them using Geno Flash though.
just about everybody does. and plus, that move deals the most damage and takes the longest to unload. it just makes perfect sense no matter how you slice it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
geno whirl would obviously be a good side b, but i didn't really consider a like 15% chance killing one or something, i would just want a geno whirl with a flash, then a pose. but it doesn't work on bosses (aka bowser) >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
geno whirl would obviously be a good side b, but i didn't really consider a like 15% chance killing one or something, i would just want a geno whirl with a flash, then a pose. but it doesn't work on bosses (aka bowser) >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I don't think they would put THAT much thought into it, especially if there is a good chance we can play bosses because they are regular characters later on.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
well, Geno Whirl did work on Exor, and Exor did pwn Bowser, so..........

i think you're outta luck, mate. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Geno Flash is definately the better choice. It is the last move you know in the game for Geno IIRC. It is also his strongest.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno Flash is definately the better choice. It is the last move you know in the game for Geno IIRC. It is also his strongest.
It is.

The Sun thing comes out and does 60% and it blows you off the screen instant KO if you're above 100%

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Geno whirl is pretty good for a Final Smash, I mean it'd be fun to have to master the button timing.

His physical moves are trivial, though. I mean, he's wooden.
sure, on the outside he's made of wood. but on the inside, he's a weapons cache. he's got plenty of physical moves he could use, and a good handful of them come straight from SMRPG.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno whirl should do 999 damge but have lag to make it harder to cause the 999%

I got to go to bed now, night all.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
Nov. 20 Tues. 2007
Geno
Yes, I heard the masses, and I gave them what they wanted. A full fledged doll? Gnome? I don't know what exactly he looks like other than bittersweet nostalgia. He once again joins Mario in an epic battle.

He is actually a heavyweight along with King Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong. Despite his unusual small frame for his heavy stature, his projectiles easily rival those of Samus and Link. Nice? Yes, I thought so.

GIMME MORE! Darned it. >:

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Well, all that talking about Ridley got me inspired. I've decided to continue my cutscenes.

-Cutscene Begins-

The camera zooms down from a firey sky and focuses on Geno and Dedede as they chase after Kirby's warpstar. Their chase has led them to a volcanic plain where a volcano can be seen looming in the distance. The two slow to a stop and examine the area. Dedede gazes desperately into the sky, but sadly, Kirby is nowhere to be seen. Angered by the situation, Dedede furiously stomps the ground, but the force causes the lava underground to become unstable and erupt in a geyser, catching Geno's cape on fire! As Geno struggles to put out his small fire, Dedede is unable to restrain his evil side and chuckles at Geno. Geno gazes angrily at Dedede, but both of their expressions are wiped off their faces as a gigantic shadow passes across the molten plains. It's the Halberd! The two watch as the Halberd opens its hatches, releasing purple clouds onto the plain and then positions itself over the volcano's crater, proceeding to drop something into it... It's... A SUBSPACE BOMB! Geno and Dedede panic at this development and hurry toward the Volcano...

Choose Character: Geno or Dedede.
-Level Start-
Level: Molten Plains/Outer Volcano. (Hey, not all levels have to be based off a stage!)
Enemies: Subspace Monsters (Fire-based)

-End of Level Cutscene-

The two finally make it into the depths of the volcano with the Subspace Bomb in sight, but it's too late! The two rear back as the bomb counts down the last few seconds:

...But instead of an explosion, a loud, metallic crunching sound can be heard. The two open their eyes to see a terrifying sight. A large, purple, lizard-like hand is protruding from the ground, and in its grasp is the twisted remains of the Subspace Bomb. The room shakes violently and the area around the hand explodes into a sea of lava. The familiar high-pitched screech echos throughout the Volcano as Geno and Dedede now stand before HIM. It's RIDLEY! (Why is Ridley in some random volcano? The same way Rayquaza was in some random lake.)
Ridley crushes what is left of the bomb and hurls it into the lava below him. Ridley's gaze then turns to Geno and Dedede, believing they are responsible for the bomb and lets out another screech. Dedede, pumped with false courage, swings around his hammer to intimidate Ridley. Unimpressed, Ridley simply wraps his tail around Dedede, and hurls him out of the volcano with relative ease (thus separating Geno and Dedede in order to create some different combinations of characters. Dedede and Samus, anyone?). With no other choice, Geno charges into battle with the beast...

-End Cutscene-
-Boss Battle Begin-
Geno Vs Ridley
Stage: Volcano Depths
Music: Ridley's Theme

-Cutscene upon Victory-

With one last intense screech, Ridley flails around the room and then plummets back into the pool of lava that he emerged from. Geno gives a sigh of relief, but the victory is short-lived as the volcano beings to shake violently again. The bomb? Ridley? No! IT'S ERUPTING! Geno dashes toward the nearest ledge and begins to climb up to the crater...

-Level Start-
Level: Escape the Volcano
Description: A short level similar to the Escape Planet Zebes level in Melee, but with no timer. Lava will rise quickly as you make Geno jump up the rocks. The lava does a lot of damage if you touch it and can easily blast Geno off the top of the screen with 2 or 3 touches.
Enemies: A few fire-based Subspace Monsters.

-End of Level Cutscene-

As Geno just barely makes it out, the lava begins to erupt quickly from the crater. It seems over for Geno as he looks back at the incoming lava, but then... something amazing happens... A large, dense boulder hurdles over Geno from nowhere and plugs the crater of the volcano! (Yes, it is logically impossible for a rock to stop molten lava, but this is video game where large arenas are magically suspended in the air. Logic obviously doesn't exist). Geno turns around to find the source of the boulder and is greeted by a young boy emerging from the volcano's smoke. Clad in armor, with a scarf around his neck and a sword on his back, it's none other than... ISAAC!?

-End Cutscene-

Yes, I went there. I bought in Isaac. Don't know who Isaac is? "Golden Sun, you must play," says Yoda. Geno and Isaac are my 2 most wanted character for Brawl. Them working together = EPIC WIN. :grin:

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Well, all that talking about Ridley got me inspired. I've decide to continue my cutscenes.

-Cutscene Begins-

The camera zooms down from a firey sky and focuses on Geno and Dedede as they chase after Kirby's warpstar. Their chase has led them to a volcanic plain where a volcano can be seen looming in the distance. The two slow to a stop and examine the area. Dedede gazes desperately into the sky, but sadly, Kirby is nowhere to be seen. Angered by the situation, Dedede furiously stomps the ground, but the force causes the lava underground to become unstable and erupt in a geyser, catching Geno's cape on fire! As Geno struggles to put out his small fire, Dedede is unable to restrain his evil side and chuckles at Geno. Geno gazes angrily at Dedede, but both of their expressions are wiped off their faces as a gigantic shadow passes across the molten plains. It's the Halberd! The two watch as the Halberd opens its hatches, releasing purple clouds onto the plain and then positions itself over the volcano's crater, proceeding to drop something into it... It's... A SUBSPACE BOMB! Geno and Dedede panic at this development and hurry toward the Volcano...

Choose Character: Geno or Dedede.
-Level Start-
Level: Molten Plains/Outer Volcano. (Hey, not all levels have to be based off a stage!)
Enemies: Subspace Monsters (Fire-based)

-End of Level Cutscene-

The two finally make it into the depths of the volcano with the Subspace Bomb in sight, but it's too late! The two rear back as the bomb counts down the last few seconds:

...But instead of an explosion, a loud, metallic crunching sound can be heard. The two open their eyes to see a terrifying sight. A large, purple, lizard-like hand is protruding from the ground, and in its grasp is the twisted remains of the Subspace Bomb. The room shakes violently and the area around the hand explodes into a sea of lava. The familiar high-pitched screech echos throughout the Volcano as Geno and Dedede now stand before HIM. It's RIDLEY! (Why is Ridley in some random volcano? The same way Rayquaza was in some random lake.)
Ridley crushes what is left of the bomb and hurls it into the lava below him. Ridley's gaze then turns to Geno and Dedede, believing they are responsible for the bomb and lets out another screech. Dedede, pumped with false courage, swings around his hammer to intimidate Ridley. Unimpressed, Ridley simply wraps his tail around Dedede, and hurls him out of the volcano with relative ease (thus separating Geno and Dedede in order to create some different combinations of characters. Dedede and Samus, anyone?). With no other choice, Geno charges into battle with the beast...

-End Cutscene-
-Boss Battle Begin-
Geno Vs Ridley
Stage: Volcano Depths
Music: Ridley's Theme

-Cutscene upon Victory-

With one last intense screech, Ridley flails around the room and then plummets back into the pool of lava that he emerged from. Geno gives a sigh of relief, but the victory is short-lived as the volcano beings to shake violently again. The bomb? Ridley? No! IT'S ERUPTING! Geno dashes toward the nearest ledge and begins to climb up to the crater...

-Level Start-
Level: Escape the Volcano
Description: A short level similar to the Escape Planet Zebes level in Melee, but with no timer. Lava will rise quickly as you make Geno jump up the rocks. The lava does a lot of damage if you touch it and can easily blast Geno off the top of the screen with 2 or 3 touches.
Enemies: A few fire-based Subspace Monsters.

-End of Level Cutscene-

As Geno just barely makes it out, the lava begins to erupt quickly from the crater. It seems over for Geno as he looks back at the incoming lava, but then... something amazing happens... A large, dense boulder hurdles over Geno from nowhere and plugs the crater of the volcano! (Yes, it is logically impossible for a rock to stop molten lava, but this is video game where large arenas are magically suspended in the air. Logic obviously doesn't exist). Geno turns around to find the source of the boulder and is greeted by a young boy emerging from the volcano's smoke. Clad in armor, with a scarf around his neck and a sword on his back, it's none other than... ISAAC!?

-End Cutscene-

Yes, I went there. I bought in Isaac. Don't know who Isaac is? "Golden Sun, you must play," says Yoda. Geno and Isaac are my 2 most wanted character for Brawl. Them working together = EPIC WIN. :grin:
You win. Very good, never could I have imagined something this awesome.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
Nov. 20 Tues. 2007
Geno
Yes, I heard the masses, and I gave them what they wanted. A full fledged doll? Gnome? I don't know what exactly he looks like other than bittersweet nostalgia. He once again joins Mario in an epic battle.

He is actually a heavyweight along with King Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong. Despite his unusual small frame for his heavy stature, his projectiles easily rival those of Samus and Link. Nice? Yes, I thought so.

GIMME MORE! Darned it. >:

If Geno was anyhting but a lightweight, I'd cry. all night.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
-Sigh- Another Geno-less update. Phooey! :(

If Sakurai doesn't add Geno, I'm gonna throw a Smart Bomb at him! Yeah! That's how you USE BOMBS WISELY! :chuckle:

I feel like contributing more to this group. I wanna do some Geno artwork, but my art skills are still in training. Heh... training... like the update... hehe.. uhhh, I'm not funny... :(

Top Bottom