• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
OH. MY. GOD. What the HELL did we ever do to R.I.D.L.E.Y? I support Ridley (Actually, he's my second most wanted character), but these guys are just being *******s, now.

Anyway, back on topic.

Shadow Star: That was THE greatest Geno-related SE scene I've seen yet! It's so detailed, and would work out magnificently! :3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
why does this matter?? this is the thread for geno, why are you showing R.I.D.L.E.Y.'s posts?
Hmmm.... either you didn't read or you read TOO well. I'm warning people to get ready and not to get offended by the imminent "attack" on these boards. When they eventually see this happen, just report them and continue conversation(of course, I'm going to bet they'll hold back, as I've probably already been mentioned on the site and been called a f*g many a time).

So, guys, any idea how Sakurai's favorite drink is related to Geno O_0? If I was emailing, THAT wouldn't be on the top of my list.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
why does this matter?? this is the thread for geno, why are you showing R.I.D.L.E.Y.'s posts?
3rd picture...Basically they are going to spam this thread with there ridley support thread (And others.) A Bunch of times until they get banned by the looks of the pictures (Which IS Geno related and should be informed of , Those fanatics are crazy <_<.) Anyhow anyone else got some subspace team idea's for geno ? Geno with Falco-Michiah-Lucas-Claus ? I Got no other new ideas for him to team up with X:...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I already posted this before but here are basically the translations for the Geno related entries in Sakurai's journal:

Entry number 14:

This guy speaks fondly of Super Mario RPG, how he loved it as a kid, and even after 10 years, it's still his favorite game of all time. He then requests Geno, gives a brief description and explains why he'd like Geno in the game. He then basically says, and God love him for saying it, "Because you (referring to Sakurai) are such a nice guy, I'm sure Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us." :laugh:

Entry number 86:

This one isn't all the different from the one above. He talks about his long history with SMRPG and how "like an oak tree, my love for this game has grown more and more with each passing year." He then requests Geno and tells Sakurai what qualities he likes about Geno's character.

Entry number 247:

This one's funny. This guy requests Geno and then asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is. He then tells Sakurai what his is and that's that. (I think he was expecting an immediate response or something. :laugh:)

Entry number 268:

For most of this entry, this guy goes on and on about why he loves the Ice Climbers and hopes that they return. Later, he requests Geno and Mallow for Brawl. He basically says "they are so unique that I'm sure many people would love to play as them."

Entry number 276:

This guy's pretty long winded like the previous guy was. He talks about how much he loved the Brawl's main theme and can't wait to hear how the rest of game's music sounds. He's utterly blown away about how much potential Brawl has music wise sense so many people and franchises are going to be involved. He then requests the tune "Forest Maze" from SMRPG. He talks about why he loves the theme but he's a little considered about whether or not it'll make it since Square Enix owns it. After that, he then basically says, "since it wouldn't make much sense to just add the tune to the game, why not make Geno a playable character too?"

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hey, guys, guess what? I've just been banned from the R.I.D.L.E.Y. boards, with NEVER posting anything. Coincidence much?

I already posted this before but here are basically the translations for the Geno related entries in Sakurai's journal:

Entry number 14:

This guy speaks fondly of Super Mario RPG, how he loved it as a kid, and even after 10 years, it's still his favorite game of all time. He then requests Geno, gives a brief description and explains why he'd like Geno in the game. He then basically says, and God love him for saying it, "Because you (referring to Sakurai) are such a nice guy, I'm sure Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us." :laugh:

Entry number 86:

This one isn't all the different from the one above. He talks about his long history with SMRPG and how "like an oak tree, my love for this game has grown more and more with each passing year." He then requests Geno and tells Sakurai what qualities he likes about Geno's character.

Entry number 247:

This one's funny. This guy requests Geno and then asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is. He then tells Sakurai what his is and that's that. (I think he was expecting an immediate response or something. :laugh:)

Entry number 268:

For most of this entry, this guy goes on and on about why he loves the Ice Climbers and hopes that they return. Later, he requests Geno and Mallow for Brawl. He basically says "they are so unique that I'm sure many people would love to play as them."

Entry number 276:

This guy's pretty long winded like the previous guy was. He talks about how much he loved the Brawl's main theme and can't wait to hear how the rest of game's music sounds. He's utterly blown away about how much potential Brawl has music wise sense so many people and franchises are going to be involved. He then requests the tune "Forest Maze" from SMRPG. He talks about why he loves the theme but he's a little considered about whether or not it'll make it since Square Enix owns it. After that, he then basically says, "since it wouldn't make much sense to just add the tune to the game, why not make Geno a playable character too?"
Umm... I can understand if this was posted PAGES ago, but you just posted this ONE page ago O_o.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I like the 268 entry the most ^_^

oh the journal entries were just Sakurai explaining what people told him, huh?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey, guys, guess what? I've just been banned from the R.I.D.L.E.Y. boards, with NEVER posting anything. Coincidence much?

Umm... I can understand if this was posted PAGES ago, but you just posted this ONE page ago O_o.
I accidently posted it twice because my computer froze up when I tried to post it the first time. Anways, about your question regarding the submission talking about the drink, there were a lot of weird submissions. For example, I remember there was this one guy who complained that he felt so sick from eating so much fish that he felt like he was going to hurl at any moment (I don't remember what he requested though) or another one where there was this mother who begged Sakurai not to release Brawl during the Spring or Summer of 2007 because that is when her son was going to take his entrance exams. There was also one written by a kindergartener on behalf of his class requesting Toad from the Mario games but, because he mispelled Kiniopio (Toad's Japanese name), Sakurai made fun of him. :laugh:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I accidently posted it twice because my computer froze up when I tried to post it the first time. Anways, about your question regarding the submission talking about the drink, there were a lot of weird submissions. For example, I remember there was this one guy who complained that he felt so sick from eating so much fish that he felt like he was going to hurl at any moment (I don't remember what he requested though) or another one where there was this mother who begged Sakurai not to release Brawl during the Spring or Summer of 2007 because that is when her son was going to take his entrance exams. There was also one written by a kindergartener on behalf of his class requesting Toad from the Mario games but, because he mispelled Kiniopio (Toad's Japanese name), Sakurai made fun of him. :laugh:
:laugh: Sakurai has a fun job amirite ? XD , Anyhow some of those were pretty funny...Wasn't there also Dr.Mario's pill suggested?

Anyhow back on topic: So what should we discuss on geno ? Moveset or so ? I'm not sure but i had a moveset then i remembered how the UP B (Geno flash.) And FS Were the same >_<.
I Think the moveset went like this...
B>:Geno whirl.
B^:Geno flash.
B:Geno blast
BV:Something else i can't remember..
Great... I'll go find it :/ :p.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
nothing happenned...just what some guy post pictures of what they were wanting to do or something.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:laugh: Sakurai has a fun job amirite ? XD , Anyhow some of those were pretty funny...Wasn't there also Dr.Mario's pill suggested?

Anyhow back on topic: So what should we discuss on geno ? Moveset or so ? I'm not sure but i had a moveset then i remembered how the UP B (Geno flash.) And FS Were the same >_<.
I Think the moveset went like this...
B>:Geno whirl.
B^:Geno flash.
B:Geno blast
BV:Something else i can't remember..
Great... I'll go find it :/ :p.
Yes, there was one person who suggeste the Blue Virus from Dr. Mario, Bow Wow the Chain chomp from Link's Awakening, and Link's Uncle from a Link to the Past as playable characters. XD Still, when you go through the comments, you learn that Sakurai has a really weird sense of humor, something I'm glad I can relate to.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I wish I lived in Japan when those polls were around :( I would have suggested a lot of characters ^_^

your welcome Pyro.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
Why does R.I.D.L.E.Y have enemies in the first place. They support a character that's not even third-party so it's not like their chances are reduced by anyone.

Sorry if I seemed like one of the spammers, I'm really not :(

Ornages

Smash Rookie
lol, that's kinda pathetic even for a fanboy

And I guess I have to eat my words, after some research I believe geno has *some* chance of making it, but overwhelming odds don't seem in his favor

not a fan, peoples

Ornages

Smash Rookie
k, wtf is going on? What happened to debating Geno?

I need like links and labels and sh!z...

Enigma14

Smash Champion

And I guess I have to eat my words, after some research I believe geno has *some* chance of making it, but overwhelming odds don't seem in his favor

not a fan, peoples
...At least you did research. Most people just leave a post and dont bother to learn and think they've won when really all they are is an idiot for not using sesibility. But thanks for reseacrhing.

Thw wishes thing that Rick posted back...Is it possible to have AT wishes as well?

"I wish I was playable!"

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet

not a fan, peoples
No need to insult me it's not like I was preaching about how Geno is the man or anything was just stating things that showed some evidence of Geno's inclusion. You just seemed to say he had absolutely no chance, I realize you do not like him it's pretty obvious and that's fine you're entitled to your own opinion.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Weren't you only able to suggest once? If not, I would have suggested Geno so many times so he could be first on the poll.
I would make a lot of e-mails, and use different IP addresses :laugh: and suggest the ones I wanted ^_^

Ornages

Smash Rookie
ok, I have NO idea what's going on!

Ok, so apparently some people are mad because of something and they're going to spam, and it's hilarious and everything, but can someone please type out in ONE reply wtf is going the hacks on?

Top Bottom