• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cool idea Shadow Star.

Now make one for Ridley.
=D
I got 1 if u want it, but not for here.
Thats a crazy/awesome idea for geno, wouldn't expect him and Dedede.
next level? mine 4 this idea, kirby fights dedede who was just acting to get the star rod...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
just so you know anyone (like say a geno fan) could change wikipedia to say what they want if it sounds legitimate. Is there any other source other then wikipedia that says that?
Sorry no. But you could check past magazines with Famitsu or whatever its called.

PyroMoon

Smash Rookie
@shadow-wow that makes me want geno in brawl so much more

Hey, anyone seen this Geno Mii someone created?

Pretty close if you ask me.
Lol that's really good, i wonder if it is on check mii out, i would so download that one

does Geno have 5 or 4 mentions in the journal? :ohwell: I always hear different numbers from different Geno fans.
I think 4 but not postitive.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
does Geno have 5 or 4 mentions in the journal? :ohwell: I always hear different numbers from different Geno fans.
5 , Fatmanonice says he has proof on it as well <_< He has a huge pinned topic at nsider2 on the journal :p.
@Shadow , I Like your idea for one , Think you can do one of delfino plaza with lucas in it ? Or maybe one with falco ? Not sure through...Anyhow i'd just personally say keep away from trying to make this sound like a "Canon" Game (As in parts to another game , Example:Geno and Mario fighting smithy...I'd personally like to see geno and someone else or so to mix things up but that's just my opinion there.) Anyhow good job with it :).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
(Remember all alliance stuff goes through me)

I'm still waiting for the anti-geno debates *taps foot Sonic style* Dislike Sonic btw

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
5 , Fatmanonice says he has proof on it as well <_< He has a huge pinned topic at nsider2 on the journal :p.
What's the >_> face for? I've posted them multiple times and now, just to spite you, I'm going to post them again:

*these were translated using Babelfish so that people could read them in their original context*

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It's nice to see Geno is so popular, I though I was the only one that loved him :D
WE love him NOT because hes popular but because hes a BAMF like MetaKnight. That and he started a trend for future Mario games, collecting stars (Super Mario 64 anyone?)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey Enigma, you're running the acceptions into the Geno alliance right?
PM me about it.

Fatmanonice what's the best way to translate those 5 entries? Not broken English I mean and thanks for keeping them for so long. =)

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
WE love him NOT because hes popular but because hes a BAMF like MetaKnight. That and he started a trend for future Mario games, collecting stars (Super Mario 64 anyone?)
That isn't a trend established by him, it was established by the game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Fatmanonice = <_< >_> = Thirdkoopa , :D.

What's the >_> face for? I've posted them multiple times and now, just to spite you, I'm going to post them again:
To annoy you <_< XD (Just kidding , It means looking one way :p.) And good thing you did since someone had a question on it :p Anyhow thanks for clearing that up Fatmanonice =).( I Liek teh smiley's lulz.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As long as he knocks off Bowser Jr's spot, cool. :p

Geno's a lot more original material. I'd be happy to have him around. Would love to take a picture of the SMRPG crew. Mario, Bowser, Peach, Geno and Mallow (AT).

D

Deleted member

Ok, here are the cutscene ideas I was talking about:

-Begin Cutscene-

The camera hovers over Dreamland as it is shrouded in night. It then zooms into a forest where 2 Waddle Dee are making a mad dash, while carrying a shining object in their hands. It's the Star Rod! (The one from Paper Mario). As the 2 make it toward the clearing, one of them stumbles over a rock, knocking over the other, sending the Star Rod flying through the air and sliding across the ground before sliding to a stop at the familiar stubby feet of King Dedede. As Dedede picks up the Star Rod, he throws an embarrassed glance at the 2 Waddle Dee struggling to stand up right. Dedede gives them a nod of approval and dismisses them. As he begins to examine the Star Rod in all its glory, he senses another figure stepping out of the woods. It's Geno! And he's here to reclaim the Star Road/Haven's stolen property! Geno holds out his hand and transforms it into a wand, preparing his Geno Beam attack to intimidate Dedede. Dedede smirks and pulls out his hammer and smashes it into the ground, causing the area to shake. As Dedede charges at Geno, the camera switches to behind Geno to dramatize his attack.

-Cutscene Ends-
-Battle Starts-

Geno Vs. Dedede
No character choice. You have to be Geno.
Stage: Dreamland (Night) <----Hopefully Dreamland will return with day and night intervals.
Music: King Dedede Theme

-Cutscene upon Victory-

As the scene starts, Geno and Dedede are thrown back in opposite directions from the force of their attacks. The 2 prepare to launch a final attack, but as they are, something catches Dedede's eyes and he fires off a blast from the Star Rod, which flies past Geno and strikes something in the shadows. Geno looks back and witnesses a Primid collapse from the shadows and starts to disintegrate into purple clouds. In shock he throws a questioning glace at Dedede. Dedede simply points at the Primid and turns toward the horizon where the sun is rising, revealing the clear image of a Subspace Vortex engulfing the area where the Fountain of Dreams used to be. He then draws Geno's attention to the Star Rod and points it at the dying Primid. His motions implying "They're causing that destruction and I'm using the Star Rod to stop them." Geno, understanding Dedede's true intentions, ceases his attack. Dedede reluctantly holds out his hand, requesting Geno's assistance. Geno nods and shakes Dedede's hand. The moment is interrupted as more Primids begin to erupt from the woods, surrounding them. Dedede slings his hammer over his shoulder as Geno prepares his Geno Beam once again. They strike a pose.

Chose Character: Geno or Dedede.

-Level Start-
Level: Dreamland (Green Greens)

-End of level Cutscene-

As Geno and Dedede are dashing across Green Greens, Dedede comes to a stop when a light flies overhead in the sky. Even from such as distance, Dedede recognizes the flying object instantly; It's Kirby's Warpstar! (Peach or Zelda will be with Kirby). As the warpstar flies off into the distance, Dedede motions toward Geno to follow him and pursue it. As the 2 run off, Dedede has a somewhat disgruntled look on his face that seems to say "Who would have thought I'd have to team up with HIM again?"

There you go. I might write some more scenes later. Maybe something with Geno and Mario teaming up again and Smithy as a boss.
That's epic! Greatest cutscene thingy ever.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sadly, I really can't imagine a cutscene for Ridley... well... not as a playable character at least. The only way he would fit into SE is if he was a boss. Maybe Geno and Dedede can fight him as a boss. Now THAT would be cool! :p
it'd work, should i send you the PM of my idea?Enough of Ridley on this thread.
And i see geno and dedede fighting Gannondorf as there boss!:p

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Whats not to love about a small wooden doll that has rocket fists, hand/elbow cannons, bullets that shoot out of his fingers, a hi tech laser cannon capabilities, an energy disc that devastates most enemies and last but not least, the ability to create an artificial sun. Aka, the most powerful Mario character to date.

verrader

Smash Cadet
In a master ball w/ Mewtwo. Wait! AAAAARRGGGHH!!!
Sadly, I really can't imagine a cutscene for Ridley... well... not as a playable character at least. The only way he would fit into SE is if he was a boss. Maybe Geno and Dedede can fight him as a boss. Now THAT would be cool! :p
seconded. ridley should be nothign more than a boss. He's just as lame and desperate as his fanboys :laugh:

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the cutscene ideas. I tried to make it as realistic as possible based on the SE videos that Sakurai has shown us so far. Kinda makes me sad that my cutscenes will never be real. Even if Geno got in the game, Sakurai would already have other plans for him... :(

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Whats not to love about a small wooden doll that has rocket fists, hand/elbow cannons, bullets that shoot out of his fingers, a hi tech laser cannon capabilities, an energy disc that devastates most enemies and last but not least, the ability to create an artificial sun. Aka, the most powerful Mario character to date.
Only those who don't know about him hate him. Also I'd like to point out that since in Mario games that Mario has multple lives that Geno can't be brunt. Cause its a game you know? Anything can happen.

Geno is my galpal

Banned via Administration
I played Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga a few weeks ago, and there was a Geno doll in it. I thought it was really cool.

I haven't really played smash before, but I think he would be cool in the game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
After looking at the R.I.D.L.E.Y. message boards, we should hold off adding new members, especially Wreked. They're conspiring to join group and do their usual *********** to make it look like R.I.D.L.E.Y. was lame by comparison and get their threads re-opened and ex-posters unbanned.

Hoenstly, do these guys enjoy being ********?

I'm CONFIDENT these Ridley bashers are members of R.I.D.L.E.Y., they need to be reported for suspicion. Be on the lookout, grim has a new account here too.

DO NOT ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS AND BE CAUTIOUS

Geno is my galpal

Banned via Administration

I think these people would be good in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They should have Geno and Mallow and Peach and Bowser in there.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thank you IsmaR.

Anyways just in case this thread does get closed visit our wiki page(IM or PM me) for alternative places to go.

Back on Subject...

enoguh of the Ridley talk.

I doubt Geno is in Galaxy but it would have fit him.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
After looking at the R.I.D.L.E.Y. message boards, we should hold off adding new members, especially Wreked. They're conspiring to join group and do their usual *********** to make it look like R.I.D.L.E.Y. was lame by comparison and get their threads re-opened and ex-posters unbanned.

Hoenstly, do these guys enjoy being ********?

I'm CONFIDENT these Ridley bashers are members of R.I.D.L.E.Y., they need to be reported for suspicion. Be on the lookout, grim has a new account here too.

DO NOT ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS AND BE CAUTIOUS
why does this matter?? this is the thread for geno, why are you showing R.I.D.L.E.Y.'s posts?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
PM me about it.

Fatmanonice what's the best way to translate those 5 entries? Not broken English I mean and thanks for keeping them for so long. =)
Ugh... again? You people.... :chuckle: I'm kidding. Here's basically what each of them say:

1. This guy speaks fondly of Super Mario RPG, how he loved it as a kid, and even after 10 years, it's still his favorite game of all time. He then requests Geno, gives a brief description and explains why he'd like Geno in the game. He then basically says, and God love him for saying it, "Because you (referring to Sakurai) are such a nice guy, I'm sure Geno's already in the game and you're just not telling us." :laugh:

2. This one isn't all the different from the one above. He talks about his long history with SMRPG and how "like an oak tree, my love for this game has grown more and more with each passing year." He then requests Geno and tells Sakurai what qualities he likes about Geno's character.

3. This one's funny. This guy requests Geno and then asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is. He then tells Sakurai what his is and that's that. (I think he was expecting an immediate response or something. :laugh:)

4. For most of this entry, this guy goes on and on about why he loves the Ice Climbers and hopes that they return. Later, he requests Geno and Mallow for Brawl. He basically says "they are so unique that I'm sure many people would love to play as them."

5. This guy's pretty long winded like the previous guy was. He talks about how much he loved the Brawl's main theme and can't wait to hear how the rest of game's music sounds. He's utterly blown away about how much potential Brawl has music wise sense so many people and franchises are going to be involved. He then requests the tune "Forest Maze" from SMRPG. He talks about why he loves the theme but he's a little considered about whether or not it'll make it since Square Enix owns it. After that, he then basically says, "since it wouldn't make much sense to just add the tune to the game, why not make Geno a playable character too?"

Top Bottom