• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

No megaman and ridley have more than geno has, and I have read about geno

to me he has as much potiential as omilar, wich I doubt omilar will be playible.

and look at how many mario characters are out there already
So?

Can't we squeeze in one more Mario Rep? It isn't impossible. Especially for Saakurai who btw has a lot of interest in Geno.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
No megaman and ridley have more than geno has, and I have read about geno

to me he has as much potiential as omilar, wich I doubt omilar will be playible.

and look at how many mario characters are out there already
Olimar has great chances, and there are only four Mario characters, Melee had five, so Geno can take the Doc's spot.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Captain Olimer will be in brawl, same person who leaked sonic monday before sonic was released also leaked Captain Olimer.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So?

Can't we squeeze in one more Mario Rep? It isn't impossible. Especially for Saakurai who btw has a lot of interest in Geno.
Interst in ........what? he could be an interesting AT

+ there are a lot more prominate mario characters than geno anyway,geno had one game, on no. you can say well lucas had one, but he had a hell of a large fan base in japan, as far as I know only america likes geno.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

+ there are a lot more prominate mario characters than geno anyway,geno had one game, on no. you can say well lucas had one, but he had a hell of a large fan base in japan, as far as I know only america likes geno.
Interesting character

Why the **** are you bursting in here saying he'd be a great AT

Anyone would be a great AT...

That's not a good thing...

****, let's make ALL potential newcomers AT's...

What the **** is your point?

Geno would be a better character

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace

In the polls that had Geno, it was a JAPANESE one, obviously, he has a fanbase there if he is on the top five most requested.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Still no good reason why Geno will not make it. The only reason I could see it is that outside of a small group of diehard mario fans, Geno is not well known. I did not know Mario RPG existed until I saw someone in college playing it. He was a big gammer to.

And to be honest that is not a good reason, see: Ice Climbers and Pit

D

Deleted member

I am certain a lot of Japanese humans have a lot of interest in Geno as much as North America does. Who are you to say they don't? You don't live in Japan.

Geno could make a more interesting PC though. He already has his moveset played out right infront of Sakurai's eyes. It is quite clear what Geno is gonna be. A PC of course.

Think about it.
Genowas mentioned 4 times for Sakurai's Journal/Poll.
Sakurai keeps a close eye on Geno at all time and knows the fan bases here and in Japan are pretty huge.
Sakurai shows interest in Geno.

To me, this show that Sakurai pretty much already confirmed Geno.

RDK

Smash Hero
Obviously, you don't respect retro games like Sakurai does.

Ice Climbers got into SSBM over Sonic, and don't say that they didn't because Sakurai himself said that Sonic was planned but because of time constraints got cut. They were in only one game and Sonic was still in his prime and they beat him when it came to getting in?

Also, stop right there Mr. BUT THEY ARE IMPORTAINT TO NINTENDO HISTORY. SMRPG was the first 3D Mario game and the first Mario Game to refer to Princess Toadstool as Princess Peach. It was also the first game where you could play as Bowser.

The Paper Mario and other Mario RPG games after it had a star theme with some of the same locations that were found in SMRPG. Coincidence? I think not.
The Sonic argument definetely holds no water in this situation. I doubt Nintendo and SEGA were on good terms during Melee development, so no, IC's didn't get in over Sonic. That's silly.

Who cares how many Mario characters there are...since when is there a limit?

...Olimer has a great chance in Brawl BTW...not an opinion...
Of course that's an opinion. Olimar getting into Brawl is not a fact.

Captain Olimer will be in brawl, same person who leaked sonic monday before sonic was released also leaked Captain Olimer.
You're an idiot if you think any of those leaks are true.

BTW, I think the guy who "leaked" Sonic admitted he was making it all up, and that he just happened to get lucky.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

SMRPG is much bigger in Japan than it is here. People have thrown the idea of Toad out the window, so I think Geno is next in line. And please, don't make me quote the friggin Polls again.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Sonic argument definetely holds no water in this situation. I doubt Nintendo and SEGA were on good terms during Melee development, so no, IC's didn't get in over Sonic. That's silly.

Of course that's an opinion. Olimar getting into Brawl is not a fact.

You're an idiot if you think any of those leaks are true.

BTW, I think the guy who "leaked" Sonic admitted he was making it all up, and that he just happened to get lucky.
The guy that said it was false was not the guy that leaked Sonic. He was another poster who backed the original poster. Go read the Sonic thread (although that would take a long time lol).

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

Have you never read any of Sakurai's journal entries? Geno's name is the most mentioned name so far with a total of 5 separate Journal Entry Mentions. Sakurai himself said that he was interested in him and asking people what his personality was like.`

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The guy that said it was false was not the guy that leaked Sonic. He was another poster who backed the original poster. Go read the Sonic thread (although that would take a long time lol).
Are you talking about BlueWave or N-whatever...

Because BlueWave came in AFTER, N-whatever

RDK

Smash Hero
Just because Sakurai "showed interest" (as you all like to call it) in Geno, that doesn't mean that he'd make a better character than anyone else, or that he has a better chance. Polls don't determine everything. Not even Sakurai does.

And there's still the matter of purchasing Geno from Square. Have fun with that one, Nintendo.

BlueWave or N-whatever...
Nsider?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
You are one hell of a hypocrite. Saying that opinions can't be used as facts, but right there you just said that you "doubt" that Nintendo and SEGA were on good terms. I would like to see a link of that.

Sakurai did say that he wanted Sonic in, but due to time constraints it was impossible. That means that IC's had priority over a mega icon like Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
N-whatever
I don't know exactly how accurate N-whatever actually was but at least he didn't milk it with outrageous claims like BlueWave...

He just kept talking about seeing up Peach's skirt...

Nyan-San or somethin...I dunno

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You are one hell of a hypocrite. Saying that opinions can't be used as facts, but right there you just said that you "doubt" that Nintendo and SEGA were on good terms. I would like to see a link of that.

Sakurai did say that he wanted Sonic in, but due to time constraints it was impossible. That means that IC's had priority over a mega icon like Sonic.
ICS in melee>Sonic and Snake (Just to point out)

RDK

Smash Hero

Yes, I said I DOUBT, not that they WEREN'T on good terms. I wasn't using my speculation as fact, like Psycho was.

And your second point makes absolutely no sense. Sakurai said that Sonic couldn't be put in because of time constraints, and somehow that means that IC's had priority over Sonic? WTF?

And also, I've never heard anything about Sakurai not putting Sonic in Melee due to time constraints. I think you're confusing Sonic with Snake.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nyaseya i think it was. He did confirm Olimar though. Bluewave was the one that said Nook would be playable.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
ICS in melee>Sonic and Snake (Just to point out)
That just helps my point. Even if Nintendo was on bad terms with SEGA, which makes no sense by the way considering that Sonic was being mass produced on Nintendo Products, why would they turn down Kojima?

Oh yeah, time restraints. Wait... Didn't the IC's get in though? Oh yeah, and didn't Mr. Game and Watch also get in?

Wowza...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, I said I DOUBT, not that they WEREN'T on good terms. I wasn't using my speculation as fact, like Psycho was.

And your second point makes absolutely no sense. Sakurai said that Sonic couldn't be put in because of time constraints, and somehow that means that IC's had priority over Sonic? WTF?

And also, I've never heard anything about Sakurai not putting Sonic in Melee due to time constraints. I think you're confusing Sonic with Snake.
I was stating it's a fact that the general consensus of character probability (Which is partially based on fact and partially based on opinions) says that Olimer has a great chance

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

Either way the point still remains that the IC's got in before Snake or Sonic did. How the hell do you expect someone to prove that someone had priority over someone else? The closest you could come to proving that is if you were Sakurai yourself and you said it, or if the character who had priority and the one who didn't have priority didn't get in.

That's exactly what happened.

How does that not make sense? Are you illiterate?

Enigma14

Smash Champion

FROM WIKIPEDIA ON SONIC'S PAGE:

"Before leaving Sega to form his company, PROPE, Yuji Naka stated that he would have asked Nintendo to put Sonic in Melee, but "time constrains did not allow us to continue with this idea."[26] In August 2006 however it was confirmed that Sonic was the most requested third-party character to appear in its sequel Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii.[27] Around the same period of time, Yojiro Ogawa, producer of Sonic and the Secret Rings, stated in an interview with the UK's Official Nintendo magazine that "In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sega and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!"[28] On October 10, 2007, Sonic was officially confirmed as a playable character in Brawl, noted to be among the most desired appearances."

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
*warning* *legolastom Approaching* *warning*

If you are arguing FOR or AGAINST a character DO NOT use retro characters (Pit, IC, BF) as examples.

Says the Waluigi supporter.
Geno could be considered a Retro character since there is no standard for Retro. 11 Years is one hell of a long time to have a fanbase. Besides, I don't see any reason to not use them in an argument because it proves that Sakurai likes older characters.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Examples for future arguments:

SMRPG is the most wanted game in NA and Japan. FACT.

Geno at best is a AT. OPINION. < I frown upon this 1(FACT.)

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Uh.. the only reason why he would be an assist trophy is if Sakurai and his engineers couldn't develop a moveset for him. How did you form your opinion? :ohwell:
Reread before you post ftw.

Also, the fact that he is in here talking about Geno's chances and he is a Waluigi supporter is disgusting. I respect Legolas for telling me that because that is an instant victory for everyone.

Even though Geno was only in 2 games at least they weren't crappy filler games lol.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Reread before you post ftw.

Also, the fact that he is in here talking about Geno's chances and he is a Waluigi supporter is disgusting. I respect Legolas for telling me that because that is an instant victory for everyone.

Even though Geno was only in 2 games at least they weren't crappy filler games lol.
But thats what it said when I had it quoted, oh well. I take it back then. :ohwell:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Uh.. the only reason why he would be an assist trophy is if Sakurai and his engineers couldn't develop a moveset for him. How did you form your opinion? :ohwell:
MOST PEOPLE or haters like to say "GENO IS GOING TO BE A AT!!!111!!!"

That's their opinion. Not mine.

Top Bottom