• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

I am mad. Mad because we have been getting BAD updates all week. Well, I guess the Handicap update was Okay butI wanna see a newcomer or a veteran. Whether it is Capt. Falcon or Geno, I just wanna see something good tomorrow! >(

Shuma

Smash Hero
Now that i have Geno again in Mario RPG, he didn't choose the doll because he's more powerfull than mario and Bowser. He chose it because it looked more powerfull, why? Geno is an action figure, mario and bowser where just dolls.

I'm just saying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that i have Geno again in Mario RPG, he didn't choose the doll because he's more powerfull than mario and Bowser. He chose it because it looked more powerfull, why? Geno is an action figure, mario and bowser where just dolls.

I'm just saying.
Yes, but the point is the same...He also knew of Mario and Bowser...

He was saying that as in insult to their strength

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Even if Mario and Bowser were amazing it wouldn't make sense game wise for two Marios or two Bowsers to be running around. He probably just randomly picked Geno because it was already equipped with weapons before Geno took over. We knew that because Gaz knocked out Mario on accident. It was the perfect weapon to channel his Star Energy in.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am not as frustrated at the updates as I am at how nazi people on this board are about talking about it. I mean if you don't talk about something the mods like you get your thread closed. I honestly think threads should only be closed for:
1. Excessive repetativeness (at least 5 threads about the subject currently on the page)
2. Foul language
3. Irrelevant - even here I think these threads should stay open if there is not many people discussing brawl. For example in Link forum, there were only 5-6 threads so I made one talking about Twilight Princess and they shut it down. How harmful was that thread?

Shuma

Smash Hero
"He also knew of Mario and Bowser..."

Not exactly, i mean he knew of them but he didn't know how they looked, hence why his first impresion when he meets mario is "Woah, you're THE mario?" "yeah, we know about you".

Even if Mario and Bowser were amazing it wouldn't make sense game wise for two Marios or two Bowsers to be running around. He probably just randomly picked Geno because it was already equipped with weapons before Geno took over. We knew that because Gaz knocked out Mario on accident. It was the perfect weapon to channel his Star Energy in.
QFT.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I stopped playing Mario RPG at the quicksand part. Got lost. Probably should play it again sometime but I am not much on RPGs and I got Twilight Princess for the Cube off ebay and I have a Wii now, although it is in a different state that I am. Not to mention exams are coming so haven't been playing a lot of games as is.

RDK

Smash Hero
I am not as frustrated at the updates as I am at how nazi people on this board are about talking about it. I mean if you don't talk about something the mods like you get your thread closed. I honestly think threads should only be closed for:
1. Excessive repetativeness (at least 5 threads about the subject currently on the page)
2. Foul language
3. Irrelevant - even here I think these threads should stay open if there is not many people discussing brawl. For example in Link forum, there were only 5-6 threads so I made one talking about Twilight Princess and they shut it down. How harmful was that thread?
Like the Ashley thread?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Bowser was hilarious and he was sometimes used in a couple of my runs. Usually my party consisted of Geno, Mario, and Peach, but if I wanted variety I would toss in Bowser.

Mallow was just a waste of time if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

FFS, I'll whine and complain about the updates all I want. I am expressing my own opinion. Is that such a crime?

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Geno was chosen by the star dude because Geno in his doll state 1HKO'd Mario! Ok so it was a sucker punch and Mario wasn't preparing for that to happen, but he even got blown back into the wall. Geno is pretty strong, even though I'm not fond of his defense. He seems very Dragonball Zish with his abilities.

If Geno gets into Brawl then I will as if this game is complete. xD

Shuma

Smash Hero
I always used Mario, Geno and Bowser, or Mario Peach and Bowser. Mallow WAS a waster of a character.

Oh, and Bowser attacks with a chain chomp. That should have been his grab in smash... hmmmm Bowser with thether recovery...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always used Mario, Geno and Bowser, or Mario Peach and Bowser. Mallow WAS a waster of a character.

Oh, and Bowser attacks with a chain chomp. That should have been his grab in smash... hmmmm Bowser with thether recovery...
Yes, Bowser should've had chain chomp in Smash...

I use Bowser, Geno, and Mario...

Screw healing, all offense to slaughter my enemies!!!

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Geno's doll had Rocket Fists, and when you are out of battle there is no "Number Damage" just pure physics. Getting smacked in the face would knock out anyone because when you suffer a strong blow to the chin your body shuts down.

People in Dragon Ball Z have the ability to blow up planets. Geno might come close, but it doesn't seem like his artificial sun destroys anything other then his enemies. Geno Whirl may be considered DBZish against enemies though.

RDK

Smash Hero
and I'm sure Megaman and Ridley are best as AT's too, right?
MM and Ridley are more recent, relevant characters, and haven't only appeared in 2 games.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be a hater, but I truly think the best geno can do is AT
I'll accept this opinion if you can give us a good reason as to why you feel that way. If you stump me then I won't mind, but most people don't even bothering reading about Geno and why he has a good chance to be a character.

MM and Ridley are more recent, relevant characters, and haven't only appeared in 2 games.

You yourself said that Megamans recent games have been terrible and that Bomberman is much more deserving. Seems to me like you don't think highly enough of Megaman to back that statement up.

Also, the fact that Geno has only been in 2 games and has been alive for 11 Years is still quite a feat. It's not something you can just ignore. If he was put into another game his popularity would explode in a nostalgic, orgasmic explosion.

RDK

Smash Hero
relevant to what? and since when is appearing in more than 2 games a requirement?
Relevant to their franchises, and video games in general. And I never said appearing in more than 2 games was a requirement, but I don't think that Geno should get in over someone like MM or Ridley who have been in lots of recent games, while Geno has been in 2 old ones.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ness was only in one. I don't see why square would not sell Geno. He is about worthless to them. If he is sold, then he isn't a third party character. Sakurai said he didn't consider Geno third party, maybe there was a deal.

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
I'll accept this opinion if you can give us a good reason as to why you feel that way. If you stump me then I won't mind, but most people don't even bothering reading about Geno and why he has a good chance to be a character.

You yourself said that Megamans recent games have been terrible and that Bomberman is much more deserving. Seems to me like you don't think so highly of Megaman to back that statement up.

Also, the fact that Geno has only been in 2 games and has been alive for 11 Years is still quite a feat. It's not something you can just ignore. If he was put into another game his popularity would explode in a nostalgic, orgasmic explosion.
Mmmm....orgasmic....

Anyway, you're right. And number of game appearances and how old they are isn't much of a factor anyway...look at Pit. He was in 1 game almost 20 years ago and he's in. Same with Ice Climbers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Relevant to their franchises, and video games in general. And I never said appearing in more than 2 games was a requirement, but I don't think that Geno should get in over someone like MM or Ridley who have been in lots of recent games, while Geno has been in 2 old ones.
The old games, even of the characters that appear in recent games, where better THAN the recent games

...and who said there is only going to be 2 more characters

D

Deleted member

Who cares how many games Geno appeared in. He apeared in more games than the Ice Climbers and Lucas. Although Mother did have 3 games, Lucas only appeared in one IIRC

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah, right...

Heh, that's a joke...

and I'm sure Megaman and Ridley are best as AT's too, right?

No megaman and ridley have more than geno has, and I have read about geno

to me he has as much potiential as omilar, wich I doubt omilar will be playible.

and look at how many mario characters are out there already

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, you don't respect retro games like Sakurai does.

Ice Climbers got into SSBM over Sonic, and don't say that they didn't because Sakurai himself said that Sonic was planned but because of time constraints got cut. They were in only one game and Sonic was still in his prime and they beat him when it came to getting in?

Also, stop right there Mr. BUT THEY ARE IMPORTAINT TO NINTENDO HISTORY. SMRPG was the first 3D Mario game and the first Mario Game to refer to Princess Toadstool as Princess Peach. It was also the first game where you could play as Bowser.

The Paper Mario and other Mario RPG games after it had a star theme with some of the same locations that were found in SMRPG. Coincidence? I think not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No megaman and ridley have more than geno has, and I have read about geno

to me he has as much potiential as omilar, wich I doubt omilar will be playible.

and look at how many mario characters are out there already
Who cares how many Mario characters there are...since when is there a limit?

...Olimer has a great chance in Brawl BTW...not an opinion...

Top Bottom