• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
But I had heard that Sakurai himself wants to release the final roster himself . . . =/

Unless I'm mistaken, this quote from Sakurai is the only info we have on that subject:

"Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. ""

As you can see it's pretty vague..... but it's seems like he's going to hold some of the secret characters till after release.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So who else is excited that the game comes out in three weeks???

Oh wait...darn...

In any case, Mario Galaxy kicks more *** than Sunshine and 64 combined. Buy it. This is law. I haven't run into Geno yet...

Snakz

Smash Ace
So who else is excited that the game comes out in three weeks???

Oh wait...darn...

In any case, Mario Galaxy kicks more *** than Sunshine and 64 combined. Buy it. This is law. I haven't run into Geno yet...
......why, why must you play with feelings!?!

JK

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
I just wish Brawl were **q*ing coming out when it was supposed to...
I know what you mean but if they need more time to make sure the game goes smoothly then oh well nothing you can do but wait....and I suppose vent frustration on a forum, then again this is the Geno topic not the "**** YOU NINTENDO FOR DELAYING BRAWL!" topic. We should have one of those.....

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I think the odds of us getting a new character (or if it MUST be, a veteran - _ -) are actually pretty high. We haven't seen a pokeball pokemon (I hope I didn't jinx it) or a character for a while. Everything else we've basically got an update on.

Stage: Norfair
Assist Trophy: Gray Fox
Controls: Taunting
Final Smash: Ike
Music: Fire Emblem
Moves: Lucas
Options: Handicap
Items: Items from previous games

If I'm not mistaken, King Dedede was released... two weeks ago? Or was it three? It doesn't matter though, he was released on a Thursday. So if we do end up getting a newcomer tomorrow.. could it be Geno?? Maybe Ridley or Dixie Kong? Who knows..

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I hope that wasn't an insult to Jiggs as it's a very good character.
no it wasnt i know how good jiggly is(she was my main once)i just dont really like her much and would prefer if another charcter like her took her place eg munchlax but it aint gonna happen so jiggs back plz

lol the resemplence is uncanny

:( I've been attacked for my Geno avatar in another thread, so I came here for a hug.

*hugs you*

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
*tackles Chi's Finest*

People fear the awesomeness that is Geno, so they make up stupid excuses to try to bring us down.

We are stronger though. <3

volbound1700

Smash Master
That means he wouldnt be able to fight under the Mario Mushroom insignia right? Bummer. At least with subspace emissary its possible for him to be outside the story. Yeah I cannot imagine why they wouldnt have sold him yet. However, sadly I dont think Nintendo would throw in Geno unless they bought him first...just because if they did put him in and gave him an even greater popularity boost then Nintendo might never get him back. Or at least not cheap anyway.
Wow this went way over your head. I was talking about if Square made a Geno game. Nintendo made Brawl so they can put mario characters or designs in it all they want.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Meh it got closed. SOme Ness fanatic was trying to say that because the update had the words "until now" (meaning he changed the handicap system) that Ness was somehow still in Brawl. Then when I timed hit Geno Whirl'd his post, he used my avatar as a way to insult me.

But all better now, thanks for the hugs.

Geno for Brawl. The updates have sucked so much lately that geno's the only one that can make up for it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*hugs*
*steals wallet / purse*

So you lot enjoying P2W so far? And is McFox even in the Geno alliance? XD

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, I have a feeling we aren't getting anything good this week...

...or new for that matter...

Whatever...
Don't let the mods see you post that. They will have a spaz and start a thread about whiners and call you a whiner. You can't criticize updates on here because "at least your getting them."

It is like politics, can't criticize the President because he is the president. Your instantly against America if you do so. If you criticize anything about Brawl then you are instantly a noob, hate brawl, and are being ungrateful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't let the mods see you post that. They will have a spaz and start a thread about whiners and call you a whiner. You can't criticize updates on here because "at least your getting them."

It is like politics, can't criticize the President because he is the president. Your instantly against America if you do so. If you criticize anything about Brawl then you are instantly a noob, hate brawl, and are being ungrateful.
I said whatever...meaning I don't really care either way

Your example is horrible though

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
His example is actually sad for many reasons but not going to say them just to not have a political debate on a gaming forum....so back to how Geno our favorite puppet will be updated next week yes yes? :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, except for the Fox's Misfortune update, this month has been the definition of suck update wise. It's terrible that it hasn't been two weeks yet and it's already worse then the month of September, where the only big pieces of news were the Ice Climbers and the announcment of Wifi (which was technically announced back in 2006). Still, I'll bear it out since I've stayed up for every update except two (the Pokemon Trainer and Diddy Kong updates, coincidently enough...) and hope that things become better.

Oh, by the way, I submitted a Geno Mii to the Check Mii out Channel yesterday. I don't remember if there is a search function but it's initials are G.N and it's labeled "Secret." It took me about an hour to make and I'm rather proud of how it turned out. If you can't find it, just PM me and we'll exchange Wii numbers and I'll send it that way.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Well, except for the Fox's Misfortune update, this month has been the definition of suck update wise. It's terrible that it hasn't been two weeks yet and it's already worse then the month of September, where the only big pieces of news were the Ice Climbers and the announcment of Wifi (which was technically announced back in 2006). Still, I'll bear it out since I've stayed up for every update except two (the Pokemon Trainer and Diddy Kong updates, coincidently enough...) and hope that things become better.

Oh, by the way, I submitted a Geno Mii to the Check Mii out Channel Yesterday. I don't remember if their is a search function but it's initials are G.N and it's labeled "Secret." It took me about an hour to make and I'm rather proud of how it turned out. If you can't find it, just PM me and we'll exchange Wii numbers and I'll send it that way.
Seriously, do you think Sakurai is getting any enjoyment out of torturing us with these lame updates? Or do you think he's leading up to something really, really big?

I'm going to continue to bear it out as well, because who knows what's going to happen when it comes to Sakurai . . .

Seriously, last night when the update was delayed I thought we were finally going to get Geno (since I've noticed that character updates take a bit longer to come up). Then I found out that it was an update about handicap matches and I was not pleased in the least bit.

I'm getting really frustrated over these updates that we already know about. Show us something new, Sakurai? Preferably Geno? Please? *big sad puppy dog eyes and offers Sakurai fresh, warm, homemade cookies*

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
We need someone to vote for Geno in the eliminator thread. If you haven't already voted for him please go toss him a vote so he doesn't get eliminated.

Geno Pride FTW

Top Bottom