• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Actually they could use Geno as long as no other Mario trademark appears in the game. Basically they would have to make a new story where he is outside the Mario Universe going to another world. Square would be better off selling Geno and Mallow to Nintendo and trying to get a profit from that IMO.
That means he wouldnt be able to fight under the Mario Mushroom insignia right? Bummer. At least with subspace emissary its possible for him to be outside the story. Yeah I cannot imagine why they wouldnt have sold him yet. However, sadly I dont think Nintendo would throw in Geno unless they bought him first...just because if they did put him in and gave him an even greater popularity boost then Nintendo might never get him back. Or at least not cheap anyway.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman said it himself. Read the Red, that means he's third party. If they did it for Sonic, they'd do the same for Geno, which is a major contradiction.

How so? Where did I in that entire explanation that Geno isn't a third party character? You should also note the side note I say after that comparing the "rental" costs for someone like Geno and someone like Sonic. Sonic's overall worth runs circles around Geno and thus Sonic would easily cost more. I also explain in the one of the paragraphs that Square Enix really can't legally refuse the rights to Geno to Nintendo if they asked because of what I forementioned in the first paragraph and even if they could, Nintendo and Square Enix have a decent enough of a relationship (and things have been especially better in the past 2 years or so) so the chances of it happening would be extremelly slim. Now, let's compare this to someone like Megaman. If Nintendo asked Capcom to "rent" the rights to him for Brawl, Capcom doesn't have to do jack because they are in full and complete control of the situation. Nintendo doesn't have any leg ups in the situation and thus, if they wanted to, Capcom could just give Nintendo the bird and that would be the end of it. When you put all of this together, Geno is still third party, but as I said at both the beginning and end of my explanation, he's still worlds different from people like Megaman and Sonic.

IE I don't have a movie that I want to watch(Movies I own are 1st and 2nd partiers) so I go to Blockbusters. I rent a Movie that I do not own (The Third Party character)rights to, and there you go.

That's basically how the situation works here too but I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make. I'd also like to note that like renting videos, the third party characters that are in Brawl weren't "bought" at full price and Nintendo has to let go of them once the game has finished production. If Nintendo wants to use them again after that, then they have to go back to Blockbuster and do it all over again.

Seems to me that somebody doesn't know that Nintendo doesn't make Brawl. They publish it. WHy would they buy two character for one game the **** corporation doesn't make?
According to the copyright, Nintendo and HAL Laboratories (a second party to Nintendo) are making Brawl so that's completely false. Also, they're not buying, their basically renting and if they were buying, it'd be a whole different situation in itself. Also, you contradict yourself because Nintendo has already "rented" Snake from Konami and Sonic from Sega (two characters) so that has already become a reality.

TBone06

Smash Ace
weirdest thing I've been watching the Final Fantasy 4 battle music on paint. I was blown away

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Love the Rawest Forest, however the Geno voice was a tad weird. In the starsaga at least he wave given more of a robotic voice but oh well.
I hated the robotic voice because it seemed to be so againist his character. In SMRPG, Geno's appears to be a really articulate character and that's why I saw it as particularly awkward.

@ Shuma: Yeah, the picture's not the best but the process the artist goes through drawing it is interesting.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
Good point I don't know always figured he'd have more of an artificial voice due to that not really being his body and it being made of wood and whatnot, but I see where you're coming from. Then again wasn't his body lifeless at that point anyway and there was a hand controlling him, MAYBE A ROBOT?

But either way I was just curious, I checked out the first post and didn't see anything on this so forgive me if it was on there. How do you join The Geno Alliance? I see a few people on the forums with that snazzy signature and I'd like to support Geno anyway I can.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Love the Rawest Forest, however the Geno voice was a tad weird. In the starsaga at least he wave given more of a robotic voice but oh well.
He only had a robotic voice in that game because...

1. That wasn't the same Geno we saw in SMRPG. That was just the doll.
2. The doll was hooked up to an arcade machine. The robot-ish voice was all part of the atmosphere and the technological aspect. And it wasn't even a voice as much as it was beeping noises.

The one who'll appear in Brawl will be THE Geno. And he sure as hell better not sound like a robot.

BTW, I gots a Geno & Ridley for Brawl drawing in progress. I think you'll like it. :3

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
That's the most horrible Geno i've seen in my life. Anime Geno. iuck.
Meh, I've seen worse, as far as making him excessively poofy and bishie-fied. At least Genolover still recognizes that he's a wooden doll...

There's an entire doujinshi in which Geno's drawn in WindWaker style. And he's completely unrecognizable. It burns my eyes.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Once again, I'm gonig to hit the sack, and hope that in the morning, Geno will be updated, c'mon Sakurai, don't hold out on us!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ryudo why is your text invisible unless we highlight it?

Anyways Is it possible for Geno to have 2 Final smashes? The cannon and Flash?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ryudo why is your text invisible unless we highlight it?

Anyways Is it possible for Geno to have 2 Final smashes? The cannon and Flash?
Are you talking about Geno Blast and Geno Flash? Personally, I think Geno Flash is more suited as a final smash simply because that was his most powerful attack in the game. Besides, what could be more of a signature move then turning yourself into a cannon and launching an explosive ball of pure energy?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
While we're posting Geno related videos, I might as well post these two:

Geno Drawing in Thirty Minutes

And, of course, the Gold Standard of SMRPG videos:

Rawest Forest

:D I freaking love the song in that drawing video. I downloaded it :p. It gets really good around the 1:15 mark in that video. It's actually kind of sad if you imagine Geno leaving while that part is playing (the song is called "Goodbye Geno")

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If people haven't noticed, no anyone yet...I guess that means Ridley and all other potential characters are as of now deconfirmed...

paralasalud

Smash Ace
If people haven't noticed, no anyone yet...I guess that means Ridley and all other potential characters are as of now deconfirmed...
man you're barely ever pessimistic. :urg:

i thought he was just spacing them out more because of the release delay.

EDIT: biggiesmalls – a lot of the alliance members tried "debating" with him but he doesn't do much but flame.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
WHAT?

Who's we? NukeA6 and you?
Psycho is joking cause he(mastermind) said

No Geno yet??
lol Geno yeah right

Pyscho just responded with sarcasm saying that anyone who hasnt shown up yet is deconfirmed.

Also by we I mean most of the Geno Alliance members here.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Enigma..I actually provided facts. All you did was throw "CLONE" at me 'till you leeched off of Nuke's "THEREZ ONE MARIO" arguement. Don't even try me.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Enigma..I actually provided facts. All you did was throw "CLONE" at me 'till you leeched off of Nuke's "THEREZ ONE MARIO" arguement. Don't even try me.
What are you talking about?!

Im telling you that MAstermind didnt provide good facts, just opinion unlike you who provided a good back up and proof as to why and how PM could work.

Top Bottom