• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Snakz

Smash Ace
^ Right on!

...Now we just have to wait until Sakurai feels the time to reveal him.

I discovered about Geno support at NSider one time when I was lurking, then a few other forums that I never joined until here
When Brawl was announced, Geno didn't come to mind at first, but after a while after revisiting SMRPG about a year ago, i thought "man, Geno would be awesome in Brawl....but that's about as likely as my dog making me dinner right now...". That was until i came here and saw the Brawl character poll for the first time and i was like WHAT?!?! :joyful:

Ever since then, well you guys know about that.

EDIT: Im not expecting Geno tonight, but hopefully we get something worth while for once!

Night all

Geno for Brawl!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Eh, never mind.

The moment I found out Geno had a chance in Brawl, I lurked on these forums for about a week before joining. The prospect of him being in Brawl was just too **** awesome.

...I hope all of these crap updates are just a front to surprise us for an unbelievable character update, or in our case, Geno.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
All right, the Eliminator game's back up. Who's gonna vote for Geno, or should I do that myself?
2 l8
I really don't think Geno will be revealed on the Dojo. It was obvious Sonic would have been revealed eventually to generate hype, even if he possibly was a hidden character. Geno, although a cool character, won't be moving games.

He, more likely than not, will be a hidden character, that won't be revealed on the dojo. He'll add to the shock value when you DO get the game.

Sakurai said he'd announce unlockable and starter characters.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So hey...I got a voice mail from Mario. No seriously, the voice actor left me a voice mail. Apparently everyone who pre-ordered Mario Galaxy from Game Stop got this neat little message since the game comes out tomorrow.

I dunno why...but I just think that Geno is going to show up in an update soon.

D

Deleted member

Soon, eh? How soon? Tomorrow? The next day? The day after?

XD

I wanna see him up soon too. LIEK RLY SUNE

RDK

Smash Hero
So hey...I got a voice mail from Mario. No seriously, the voice actor left me a voice mail. Apparently everyone who pre-ordered Mario Galaxy from Game Stop got this neat little message since the game comes out tomorrow.

LMAO, the same thing happened to me, and half the guys from P2W. We were all talking about it today.

I came back to my dorm room after work, and I had a message waiting for me. When I realized what it was, I found it pretty hilarious.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yeah, can feel it coming...but maybe not with the "rumored" Megaman revealing soon

D

Deleted member

Is NiGHTS a man or a woman? I never really knew what he/she/it was. =/

D

Deleted member

Hmmm... Interesting. I am scared of NiGHTS now.

Well, tell me this. Is NiGHTS more masculine like or feminine like?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said he'd announce unlockable and starter characters.
He said he wouldn't announce secret characters according to his diary/journal.

But then again, he changes his mind often, so I'm hoping he changes his mind on the third-party character count and increases it a little bit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He said he wouldn't announce secret characters according to his diary/journal.

But then again, he changes his mind often, so I'm hoping he changes his mind on the third-party character count and increases it a little bit.
He said in his journal that they'd be found out a day after it's Japanese releash anyway so he might as well releash all the info before hand so he gets to be the first to reveal it

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I read that he was going to try to make it like Melee, and keep the secret characters for the game in one of the first articles.

It wouldn't be imposing spoilers on fans, even though there really isn't anything to be spoiled, but there are people out there who insist on keeping everything secretive until they experience it themselves. xD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does it really matter if Nights has a gender? Btw should I get the game for it
I am, it looks good, but some of the screen shots worry me...While others looks awesome

I read that he was going to try to make it like Melee, and keep the secret characters for the game in one of the first articles.

It wouldn't be imposing spoilers on fans, even though there really isn't anything to be spoiled, but there are people out there who insist on keeping everything secretive until they experience it themselves. xD
His very journal contradicts that because he knew they'd be all over the internet anyway

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i wish i knew some of you guys in person, because i won't see the update later tonight (i opened, had to get to work at 5 AM), and in case there's anything hinting at geno you could call me. oh well. i have no friends that geek about SSB. :(

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
He's another character I would love to see in the game, but he isn't going to be in there.

Nintendo for some reason hates Super Mario RPG. I mean it's considered one of the greatest games of all time, yet they refuse to make a sequel to it, even though it would sell like hot cakes.

I'm not sure which is less likely to happen in the futre, an Earthbound sequel or a sequel to this game.

There is a difference between Geno and Ice Climbers unfortunately. Ice Climbers were the main person/people in the game. Geno was a minor/mid-importance character. But the game wasn't based around him. That really hurts his chances.

I know, I know, Pichu and Falco, but Pichu was the devolved version of Pikachu, and at the time Melee was made, Falco was supposed to get his own game. All other characters I believe are major parts of their games' stories. (I'm referencing Melee here.)

Sinn

Smash Lord
He's another character I would love to see in the game, but he isn't going to be in there.

Nintendo for some reason hates Super Mario RPG. I mean it's considered one of the greatest games of all time, yet they refuse to make a sequel to it, even though it would sell like hot cakes.

I'm not sure which is less likely to happen in the futre, an Earthbound sequel or a sequel to this game.

There is a difference between Geno and Ice Climbers unfortunately. Ice Climbers were the main person/people in the game. Geno was a minor/mid-importance character. But the game wasn't based around him. That really hurts his chances.

I know, I know, Pichu and Falco, but Pichu was the devolved version of Pikachu, and at the time Melee was made, Falco was supposed to get his own game. All other characters I believe are major parts of their games' stories. (I'm referencing Melee here.)
What's Paper Mario...?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

*Cough*BRAWL POLL*Cough* Blehehehehe Blehehe BLECK!

*DIES*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I left that purposely vague as not not get the details wrong but I guess I still did anyway:p
It's fine. I'm not sure if I've ever really explained the story here. Well, I'm going to do my best to summarize it as briefly as possible:

Back in May 06, I returned to the Nsider Forums the day Brawl was announced at E3 06 after taking a 6 month vacation from the site. Shortly after I arrived, I met Milkman007 and we both started a Geno support thread. It very quickly became popular and was constantly on the front page for a good month until the MODs shut it down. Within a few days, we started it up again. Both me and Milkman007 wanted to do more then what the average fan had done in the past to help Geno. One night, I woke up at about 4 AM and came up with what many Geno fans on the forum dubbed "Operation Star of Heaven" which became the 26 page portfolio (what the final product had in it is explained on Smash Wiki).

Our original plan was to only get about 100 names but, after a little more then week, it grew to 444 because I decided to go to other forums for support. In all, I was able to garter support from people from 16 different web forums. From there, we expanded the idea the idea, added more to it, and more people naturally came on board as it expanded. Our plan was for me to hand deliver the portfolio to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto, Japan. I was going to Japan with a group and we were going to tour the country. Needless to say, one of our destinations was Kyoto and the timing couldn't have been more perfect since the offical Brawl poll had ended only about 2 before I left.

So, my group went to Japan. We spent one day in Osaka and then we went to Kyoto. Me and about 5 people accompanied me on this expedition because, like me, they were big fans of Nintendo. So, even though I had directions, we still got lost twice, stopped to ask for directions three times, and wandered around for about 3 hours before finding it. I thought I'd easily be able to get in but I was stopped by a security guard. He told me I needed an appointment or identification in order to get in. Seeing how I was an American college student, I obviously didn't have either of these. I asked him if he could take the portfolio inside but he refused. My group then traveled back to our hotel (it was called the Hearton Hotel if you want to know).

I had thought that something like that could had happened so I had created sticker address labels before I left and bought postal stamps at the Prince Hotel when I was in Tokyo. It was about five days later when I was in Tokyo. There was a post office right across the street from the hotel and I mailed the portfolio there. Funny story, the guy behind the service counter almost sent the portfolio to the wrong address but, one of the delivery men who came in knew a decent amount of English and was able to correct him. Two days later, (on the fourth of July actually), I returned back to the states.

As I have mentioned earlier, there are the people who were involved with the project that can vouch for me, I have the whole portfolio saved on my PC, I have journal entries about it in the logbook I took with me, and I even have pictures from my trip on a CD but I don't know how to upload them to the internet. (I've asked people in the past but no has ever given me an answer. It'd be nice if someone could finally tell me how.)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The Gray Fox update was supposed to be big. Guess not. Heres hoping we see a character update tonight.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Gray Fox update was supposed to be big. Guess not. Heres hoping we see a character update tonight.
I'm surprized you're still in this thread. :laugh: By the way, it's good to see another Marina fan. Mischief Makers was an outstanding game and it's sad that it didn't get any sequels. I hope it appears on the VC by the end of next year since Treasure has been "donating" a lot of their games to the cause.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
FatManOnIce... I really hope Geno is in Brawl, just so Smashboards doesn't have to help you and fellow Geno supporters to pick up and piece your shattered hopes and dreams. Seriously... that was hardcore. I'd hate to see Sakurai turn that calibur of dedication down...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FatManOnIce... I really hope Geno is in Brawl, just so Smashboards doesn't have to help you and fellow Geno supporters to pick up and piece your shattered hopes and dreams. Seriously... that was hardcore. I'd hate to see Sakurai turn that calibur of dedication down...
Needless to say, Geno means a lot to me as a character because he represents one of the best years of my childhood. Super Mario RPG inspired me to create my own stories and characters and really expanded my creativity and imagination. I even remember pretending I was him on the playground back in those days. He was a character that I really was connected to and I was pretty sad when he goes back up into the heavens at the end of SMRPG because, deep down, I knew that Nintendo would probably wouldn't feature him in another game.

Seven years passed and he made a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga. I shortly afterword mailed a letter to Nintendo requesting a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. Their response was basically what you'd expect and I joined up with some other people from SMRPGlegacy.com and helped out with the Super Mario RPG Remake/sequel petition. (Last July, it was sent to Nintendo and Square Enix and it had over 21,000 names and comments on it.) So, about two years passed and then at E3 05, Iwata "pseudo announced" Brawl. I sent Nintendo two letters about three months apart suggesting my ideas including the idea of adding Geno (and Mallow) to the ranks and I started Geno support on the Nsider and Game FAQs forums. Because many people considered third party characters to be impossible for Brawl, I wasn't able to hold a true sturdy ground despite recieving a decent amount of support from other Geno fans. In October of that year, I left the Nsider forums and worked in various other places like SMRPlegacy.com and from there, you basically know the rest.

Super Mario RPG was an amazing game and it's about time it should be finally recongized as such. So many barriers have fallen since 2001 and if long lost characters like the Ice Climbers and Pit (who's games were no where as popular as SMRPG) can be brought back, why can't Geno? He's too great of a character to simply be lost to the sands of time and this is basically his last shot of making a comeback. It was basically an uphill battle for Geno fans until Brawl was announced at E3 last year and, like you said, their hard work shouldn't go to waste. Now all that stands in Geno's way of making it into the Nintendo hall of fame is Sakurai's final decision...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Truthfully, part of one of my stories, though originally created by me, was basically a fan fic of Mario RPG at one point...I even created my own villain for it (Which I still use in Drawings today, just removed all reference to Mario from the story)

It had some major influence on that story at certain parts...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Oh. My. GOD.

ENOUGH DEMO MATERIAL ALREADY!!! For crying out loud, Sakurai! We already saw this ****! We understand if you like it, but come ON! Give us something NEW!

Top Bottom