• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Seriously, I hope that if Geno's playable, Sakurai bases his appearance off of his SMRPG sprites, and nothing else.

1. They're not short and fat like his game art (Geno is FACTUALLY taller than Mario, even without his hat - meaning he's actually tall and thin, not short and fat).

2. They're not as bland-looking as his cameo appearance.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Eh, i wouldn't believe that, i mean it says right on the front

We still don't know who Surfer Girl is, or where she gets her information, but we like running it because the things she includes in her hot tips makes us happy, true or not.
Sounds like they're just trying to stir up rumors.

EDIT: It might also be possible that the source might be reffering to FF characters or Sora

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Eh, i wouldn't believe that, i mean it says right on the front

Sounds like they're just trying to stir up rumors.
And once again Snakz like a debater he is disproves any anti-Geno in Brawl rumor.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Didn't she tell us the exact day that Sonic was going to be announced?

Besides, I don't think you could count Geno as a Square character

Snakz

Smash Ace
Im not convinced that it's a reliable source, just read the comments on that blog post and you'll see what im talking about.

In the end, they're still rumors, only time will tell if any of those statements will hold water

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Im not convinced that it's a reliable source, just read the comments on that blog post and you'll see what im talking about.

In the end, they're still rumors, only time will tell if any of those statements will hold water
Yes, that's what I'm thinking...Geno's not out yet

Besides, no one said Square has no chance anyway

Geno = Mario character either way

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yes, that's what I'm thinking...Geno's not out yet

Besides, no one said Square has no chance anyway

Geno = Mario character either way
Plus the musicians are there to give insight on anything that Sakurai needs help with like character knowledge.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Plus the musicians are there to give insight on anything that Sakurai needs help with like character knowledge.
Exactly, we know Square is involved with SSBB in a way

And like you put it Psycho, Geno=Mario character so im sure even IF that rumor is true, they most likely meant a pure Square character like Sora or Cloud

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Tmorrwos update is going to be female related, we only have the 3 from the previous game.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Uhh guise, you're all gettin' jumpy about one spot. Sakurai may change his mind on how many 3rd party characters there may be. I was enlightened by this guy who said there will be 5.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Night everyone. Sakurai, please...surprise me in the morning. I want to wake up and see a certain doll.

Geno for Brawl!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uhh guise, you're all gettin' jumpy about one spot. Sakurai may change his mind on how many 3rd party characters there may be. I was enlightened by this guy who said there will be 5.
Now that would be perfect but there is no proof of that...

Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Bomberman and
Geno

...and NiGHTS

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Guys We are the only ones who got E for All did we count right about the update number?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with that. Also you can argue for third party characters on the "I need answered questions theard"
Now I have to disagree...I wanted Bomberman since just after 64, I even voted for him on the Melee Poll..

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Now I have to disagree...I wanted Bomberman since just after 64, I even voted for him on the Melee Poll..
..Phoenix Wright represents Trials and Tribulations. Apollo Justice (part of the Ace Attorney series) will not go to America if Trials and Tribulations doesn't sell well. PHoenix Wright wll get extremely popular and will sell many TaT games, thus giving America Apollo Justice.

Biggie Smalls said:
Economy>Logic

D

Deleted member

Take out NiGHTS. I don't like him. No, really. Bomberman owns though. Loved his games! Especially the GC and 64 one!

paralasalud

Smash Ace
that surfer girl thing sounded a lot like "i have this friend that's friends with this guy's brother at nintendo." plus they didn't cite any sources at all. i don't think it's credible the least bit.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
that surfer girl thing sounded a lot like "i have this friend that's friends with this guy's brother at nintendo." plus they didn't cite any sources at all. i don't think it's credible the least bit.
You don't get it, do you?

The post starts with a hot chick. Therefore, guys will believe anything it says, even if it's all pure speculation.

I'm immune! :3

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

The post starts with a hot chick. Therefore, guys will believe anything it says, even if it's all pure speculation.

She predicted Sonic's exact date to be confirmed correctly.
That's pretty impressive, she however isn't.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

i'm confused.
was there a picture? LOL.

and i am a guy.
yeah, i guess i don't get it.

even if like, natalie portman told me geno wouldn't be in brawl i'd still want to punch her in the face. but it'd hurt so bad.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i went back to the site and saw the picture.
psh, she's not my type.
Shes mine but I dont do anything sexist like just believe her just because shes a girl. Unless she has facts and proof I dont follow her words.

Night all Geno 4 Brawl!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
Usually just lurk these forums but made an account just to support Geno, out of all the characters possible for inclusion in Brawl Geno didn't even come to my mind until I checked out these forums, he was my favorite character in SMRPG and overall and after seeing the support he has here my hopes have been raised that I will be maining him one day.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^ Right on!

...Now we just have to wait until Sakurai feels the time to reveal him.

I discovered about Geno support at NSider one time when I was lurking, then a few other forums that I never joined until here

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I really don't think Geno will be revealed on the Dojo. It was obvious Sonic would have been revealed eventually to generate hype, even if he possibly was a hidden character. Geno, although a cool character, won't be moving games.

He, more likely than not, will be a hidden character, that won't be revealed on the dojo. He'll add to the shock value when you DO get the game.

Top Bottom