• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I'm shaking a bit too but I know it's from the excitement. . . I'd love to see the Star Road as a stage but the forest would be cool too. I know Sakurai will have something nice for us.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
I know that but I thought Japan did that too <_<

Not that I'm gonna complain :D

Also, it'll probably be a little longer, the sight almost never updates on the dot...

Heh... I'm shaking a bit out of excitement...

More so than the Forest Maze, I'd like to see Star Road in Brawl, just for the sake of curiosity. I mean, what is it really? Just one giant star... or... what?
I always thought it was just sort of a rainbow... but in road form :ohwell:

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I'm shaking a bit too but I know it's from the excitement. . . I'd love to see the Star Road as a stage but the forest would be cool too. I know Sakurai will have something nice for us.
Yeah, he'd better. *stares down picture of Sakurai* You'd better.

I always thought it was just sort of a rainbow... but in road form :ohwell:
Ah, you mean like Rainbow Road on Mario Kart 64? I always liked that place because the humongous neon-light-things of all the characters' heads.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm? What do you mean? Like... no update yet?

=/

This is funner for me, just builds up the tension...

URGH! I haven't been this shaky since I couldn't sleep
the night before april 22nd... some of you might know why =/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm? What do you mean? Like... no update yet?

=/

This is funner for me, just builds up the tension...

URGH! I haven't been this shaky since I couldn't sleep
the night before april 22nd... some of you might know why =/
Ike's Final Smash...nothing special

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Awesome update. Whoo. *drearily waves flag*

'Night guys. I'm hoping for tomorrow... and every other d*mn day he doesn't post something useless...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is it just me or has it felt like that Sakurai has been really screwing with us the last couple of weeks? I wasn't expecting Geno tonight or anything but, for God's sake, it's been almost three weeks since we last had a character profile... *punches through the moniter* It's like September all over again...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
^ actually the 150th update is tomorrow for all of the sites save for the American one because it got an extra notice :p

edit: and that explains the confusion over this. People were counting the entries on the American site, which had an extra entry

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Don't worry guys, there is still the rest of the week, I probably expect him to update on Wednesday, that's when Ike and Sonic updated.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Is it just me or has it felt like that Sakurai has been really screwing with us the last couple of weeks? I wasn't expecting Geno tonight or anything but, for God's sake, it's been almost three weeks since we last had a character profile... *punches through the moniter* It's like September all over again...
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: My gosh can't he just reveal some more for us ? He likes to torture us.
I At least expected something a bit "OMG." Like a newcomer or vet or so but ... >.< ... "Ike's final smash super aether , Go up in the air and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" +_+ , Who cares ? I'm hardly going to use final smashes anyways +_+.
Anyhow i want more roster updates as well , I Hope sakurai updates AT LEAST A Newcomer(PLZ BE CLAUS OR GENO.) Or a vet (Err most likely something like captain falcon :ohwell: Boring...At least we get it updated and we now how it looks like (As in something like shiek or C falcon.)
Anyhow let's at least hope for ONE Roster update that is a Newcomer or Vet this week (Now that lucas's special's and all the other newcomer's are <_<.)

TBone06

Smash Ace
that was pretty lame:( we already knew his final smash:( but its better than nothing I guess theres always tomorrow

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
if anybody thinks that September (which had no new characters) means anything and then October did, we shouldn't get anybody this month.
We got a "Vet" And two newcomers , I Think we will most likely get 1-2 Vets and maybe a newcomer or so ? Something Shoo-inish through <_<.

that was pretty lame:( we already knew his final smash:( but its better than nothing I guess theres always tomorrow
Final smash updates are most of the time always lame "YOU MUST JUMP AND THROW PEOPLE INTO A SWORD" And that is a reason why i won't be using them +_+ I Don't really care for them [Especially after i saw the vids of it :/] HOPEFULLY We will at least get a newcomer X:.(This month.) But at least hopefully next month we will be spoiled of updates :p.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
you count Meta-Knight and Snake as newcomers when they were already known..? =p they didn't even get the 'newcomer' or 'challenger approaching' sign. they were updated just like veterans.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
you count Meta-Knight and Snake as newcomers when they were already known..? =p they didn't even get the 'newcomer' or 'challenger approaching' sign. they were updated just like veterans.
In a way t hey were half and half :laugh: , Still this leaves hope for AT LEAST ONE NEWCOMER , MY GOSH SAKURAI UPDATE THE ROSTER >_<.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
This new character better be good, if he insists on making us wait so long... >.>
IF the new comer is someone expected like Ridley or Mega or Krystal then in the words of Bob from Animal Crossing ""pthpthh" =p =b

Its its like Captain olimar then WTF SAKURAI WTF!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Falcon's a vet, not a newcomer, so we're good to go there. >.>

But yeah, this is the longest newcomer gap yet, so this better be one of this BIG newcomer updates - the kind that finally puts a lot of arguments to rest. Mainly, either Geno or Ridley.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
don't be surprised if he puts up veterans instead.

I never really put my hopes up too much anymore. even for Geno being in Brawl. I'm just here and waiting.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
OH SNAPPING PEAS! I have 1000 posts

Anyways if its Luigi then we should know about the vacuum and thunderhand

Snakz

Smash Ace
The most aggravating part about these kind of updates is that Sakurai think he's doing this for the smash noobs, but he's unaware that even the noobs demand a character update!

So really he's not accomplishing much of anything except giving info to those who never saw E for All footage, and yet they dont care, they want a character as much as we do.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
the only way you'd be able to see no E For All footage is if you've never searched "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" in youtube.

and there aren't many fans who haven't already. =p

Snakz

Smash Ace
^Most likely which is really annoying...im gonna rethink how many characters are gonna be on the roster with this delay since i havent already

Hey, guys, we've got more posts than the Ridley thread now, woot

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Wewt indeed about getting more than the ridley thread , Anyhow to an extent i have a feeling this newcomer will be either one of two things and if not revealed this week then revealed at the end of the month:
1.Someone sort of expected (Like Dr.lobe or isaac or so x_X.) That will make the boards go "ZOMGZOMZG"
2.Someone to put loads of arguements to rest (I'm expected one of the top 7 in the journal , Since we already have Ike king dedede and diddy that makes 3 , That leaves krystal ridley Geno and Claus , Claus was already "SEMI-CONFIRMED ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG" Over the "NESS HAS ASPOLDED LOL" Update and i doubt sakurai would give us the final newcomer (Most likely.) To a series that just got a big update last week. That leaves ridley krystal and geno but since i doubt metroid will get two starters this really leaves sakurai left to reveal geno (Assuming that he is in.) Or krystal from what i see.

Anyhow i expect something that will be really "OMG OMG OMG KLOL" For all this wait but we will have to see about who we get next ;).

y3nia659

Smash Ace
would you guys be satisfied if Geno would be an AT? (no im not trolling) Im just wondering.. doesn't Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser sum up all of the Mario series together?

Then that should mean everything is represented so there shouldn't be anymore. I don't mind Geno being in Brawl, I really want Sakurai to update him in any way (character/AT/whatever) so all these annoying Geno wars end.

Top Bottom