• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Deathborne - it would be great if you could find the source.

I don't know who exactly owns Hudson, but I do know Bomberman owns Simon Belmont.

I don't want to divert this thread though so urmm.....Geno for Brawl.
After Bomberman.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I got a rom for Super Mario RPG just because I wanted to see Geno. And the only reason I even knew of Geno's existence was because of this thread.

So I'm just dropping by to say kudos, kids. I'm sure I'm not the only one you made into a believer.

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually Nintendo does own stock shares for Hudson Soft, making them "partial owners" as well - in fact, you could own only ONE share and STILL be a partial owner of a company. Isn't economics great? Konami owns 53% of Hudson's shares last I checked, but I believe Nintendo owns between 20-30%. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a source, but I know for a fact that they still own a significant portion of the company - and they were in fact
the largest shareholder of the company before Konami.
*KISSES DEATHBORNE*

Thank you! And 30% of stock is quite a bit of ownership for a company.

I don't know who exactly owns Hudson, but I do know Bomberman owns Simon Belmont.
You just keep rolling out the win phrases, don't you?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*KISSES DEATHBORNE*

Thank you! And 30% of stock is quite a bit of ownership for a company.
... Awkward... But it's cool - I'm perfectly comfortable with my heterosexuality. :grin:

And yes, 30% is quite a hefty chunk - almost 1/3 of the company. And considering that Konami owns little over half, there isn't a whole lot of Hudson left to go around...
It's what I do.

I'm not a regular of this thread but what ideas are there for Geno's FS apart from the Geno Flash idea in the first post?
I always thought that Geno Blast would make a good FS. Even if it's not as powerful as Geno Flash, it is still a great multi-target attack, plus it's quite a spectacle to behold.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Megaman, Geno AND Bomberman for Brawl!!!
QFT

I got a rom for Super Mario RPG just because I wanted to see Geno. And the only reason I even knew of Geno's existence was because of this thread.

So I'm just dropping by to say kudos, kids. I'm sure I'm not the only one you made into a believer.
:D Glad you got a chance to play it!

Oh... well as long as we don't get sora or *shudders*
hahahhahahah

Lord_Deathborne said:
I always thought that Geno Blast would make a good FS. Even if it's not as powerful as Geno Flash, it is still a great multi-target attack, plus it's quite a spectacle to behold.

Agreed. It would look awesome to have all of those beams pelting the stage.
I was thinking myself that the beams wouldn't go through platforms and it would be up the person playing Geno to knock others into the incoming beams. .....then again that wouldn't be very true to SMRPG because the barrage didn't last that long and Geno can't move around while they're coming down.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Agreed. It would look awesome to have all of those beams pelting the stage.
I was thinking myself that the beams wouldn't go through platforms and it would be up the person playing Geno to knock others into the incoming beams. .....then again that wouldn't be very true to SMRPG because the barrage didn't last that long and Geno can't move around while they're coming down.
Well, you gotta have some balance after all. He'd still have a better chance of getting someone than Metaknight with his FS... :chuckle: They could always extend the duration of the attack as needed, and maybe increase the power, but he should stay stationary during the attack so as to stay true to SMPRG. I was also thinking that a weakened version of Geno Flash would make for a good B^ recovery move, somewhat similar to Samus' Screw Attack.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh... well as long as we don't get sora or *shudders*

Yeah, because Pac-Man totally never gets legs or moves to pull a move set from. Nor does he hold any significance for video games that will never be forgotten, and only a select few can that could even begin to match him for influence :rolleyes:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah, because Pac-Man totally never gets legs or moves to pull a move set from. Nor does he hold any significance for video games that will never be forgotten, and only a select few can that could even begin to match him for influence :rolleyes:
Pacman could be as influential as Hitler.

Some people didn't like Hitler. Some people don't like Pacman.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's the biggest problem about him though... He's basically been on life support because of the legacy he created with a single game almost 30 years ago. Since he left the arcade, his games have been nothing but crap. Also, he is sort of a character that sells himself out alot and really isn't loyal to anyone. Outside of Pac-Man Roller and the arcade Mario Kart game he was in, I can't really think of any true Nintendo exclusives he's had. In comparision, about 70% of Megaman's games are Nintendo exclusives and all but five have never appeared on a Nintendo platform (Megaman Legends 2, Megaman X7 and 8, Megaman Powered Up, and Megaman X: Maverick Hunter). With that said, Pac-man really hasn't contributed that much to the Nintendo cause and the only reason he is still around is because one of his game's was an enormous blockbuster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well hopefully Geno is tonight, because I'm seriously...

That's not important...whatever I don't care...

Geno for Brawl

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but whenever I think of Pac-Man outside of the arcade I think about that horrible adventure/role-playing game for the PS One that he was in where he actually had arms and legs and everything.

My younger brother was hooked on that game. I thought it was a disaster. >_<

But yes, Geno for Brawl tonight! <3

Enigma14

Smash Champion
G&W arguement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi

Miyamoto got Donkey Kong to be helped created by this guy, Miyamoto wanted G&W to be in because this guy who was kinda like a mentor to him and he helped him get his start. Sakurai had nothing to do with it except add him and his moves and stage.

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
That's the biggest problem about him though... He's basically been on life support because of the legacy he created with a single game almost 30 years ago. Since he left the arcade, his games have been nothing but crap. Also, he is sort of a character that sells himself out alot and really isn't loyal to anyone. Outside of Pac-Man Roller and the arcade Mario Kart game he was in, I can't really think of any true Nintendo exclusives he's had. In comparision, about 70% of Megaman's games are Nintendo exclusives and all but five have never appeared on a Nintendo platform (Megaman Legends 2, Megaman X7 and 8, Megaman Powered Up, and Megaman X: Maverick Hunter). With that said, Pac-man really hasn't contributed that much to the Nintendo cause and the only reason he is still around is because one of his game's was an enormous blockbuster.
Wow...I didn't know there were only 5 Megaman games not on a Nintendo platform :dizzy: but yeah what you say is true, Pac-man should be on the brink of forgotten at this point....but somehow he's still hanging around

Enigma14

Smash Champion
IMO Bomberman and Megaman have sold themselves out, Mega's spinoffs sucks, I mean basing an anime on a game good god also all this crap with humans fusing with robots?! As for bomberman Zer--*shot*

Simon has a better chance if Snake wasnt in.

Geno for Tuesday, pokeball for tomorrow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow...I didn't know there were only 5 Megaman games not on a Nintendo platform :dizzy: but yeah what you say is true, Pac-man should be on the brink of forgotten at this point....but somehow he's still hanging around

5 exclusive to Nintendo, A LOT for nintendo though, I think he means...

IMO Bomberman and Megaman have sold themselves out, Mega's spinoffs sucks, I mean basing an anime on a game good god also all this crap with humans fusing with robots?! As for bomberman Zer--*shot*

But it's 150!!! We have to get something good for 150!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, for me it's today...Ha! that sounds like I'm getting the update before you all...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I still hope if its not tomorrow then Tuesday and I swear if its not Geno but a vet. I will be enranged, we all know Ganon, CF, Luigi and Jiggs is in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still hope if its not tomorrow then Tuesday and I swear if its not Geno but a vet. I will be enranged, we all know Ganon, CF, Luigi and Jiggs is in.
MEWTWO...I swear

think about it

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Yes, those franchises are multiplatform as well, but, now-a-days, what third party franchise isn't? I agree that all three have done their fair share of selling themselves out but when it comes to Pac-Man, nearly all his installments since 1990 have been simply God awful. Now, I know that's not the case for either Megaman or Bomberman.

Megaman is a generally good franchise but it, always, and I MEAN always hits a snag when it extends one of the spinoffs lives for too long and the games are basically copy and paste products of each other. For example, Megaman X hit the wall with the 5th installement and Megaman Zero started to go downhill with the 3rd. In my opinion, the original series never had a truly bad game. Megaman 5 and 6 were lacking but I believe Capcom made up for it with 7 and Megaman and Bass. (8 wasn't that great and many fans downright hate it.)

Bomberman's situation isn't all that different from Megaman's except he's had the same problem as Sonic, he hasn't been able to get his sea legs in the 3D world. I haven't played a Bomberman game since the N64 era but I know the franchise hasn't had any unforgivable crap-ups except Bomberman Zero (Honestly, what were they thinking?) since then.

Still, they're two geniunely good franchises that often have basically only run into problems when they A) go on with the exact same formula for far too long or B) try to change things too radically all at once.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Have you never played SMRPG? I'm guessing that if you have you haven't played it recently. Geno has a large array of attacks ranging from shooting tiny pellets from his elbows, to rocking both of his fists, to actually shooting stars from his wrists. All I'm saying is that moveset is not a problem.
I never said people would have problems coming up with a Geno moveset. What I did say was Bomberman's moveset possibilities are greater. To answer your question, yes I haved played SMRPG and yes I did use Geno.

It is taking all of my strength to not just stop reading after seeing that. Seriously, if you think that Wart, Waluigi, Count Bleck, and Dimentio all belong in the game over Geno then you disgust me. I have barely seen any of their names come up in the popularity area
Well I have barely seen Geno's name come up in a recent game, but then popularity and # of games doesn't matter much to Sakurai, but if Sakurai is going to have a character represent a series, chances are he'll be going for one that doesn't play second fiddle. Geno is second fiddle. One of several in SMRPG. Is he the most liked? Maybe. Does he have a moveset? Absolutely. Is he the clear candidate to represent SMRPG? No!

Count Bleck & Dimentio on the other hand are not only major characters, but they are recognizable. Waluigi possibly even more recognizable than the aforementioned duo thanks to the spin off sports games and the Mario party series. Loved Waluigi's Island in Mario Party 3. I think that would make an adequate stage for him. Assuming hes in...which is far more likely than Geno getting in.

Besides, Luigi is considered to be in 100% by many people
Yup, and precisely why Geno's chances just got smaller.

Also, I think Donkey Kong Jr. would be put under
Put under what?

Bomberman has to compete against the likes of Megaman and Simon Belmont
Simon Belmont and Megaman still don't dwarf the first party competition Geno's looking at right now. Also, Bomberman > Simon Belmont in popularity. Don't kid yourself.

There are also plenty of other choices that Sakurai could make besides Bomberman.
There are also plenty of other choices that Sakurai could make besides Geno. See? I can use speculation as a filler argument too.

That is a lot harder to beat then Waluigi (lawl).
That is a lot harder to beat than Geno (Xtra Lawl). Bowser Jr. says hi. Geno's competition is still tougher and Luigi being a given doesn't help his case.

I said probably, but once again your ignorance shines through. It's a well known fact that many characters (such as Sonic) were not put into the game because of time restraints. Also, Ganondorf was turned into a clone because of time restraints as well. Why would he just randomly say "Hey how about we forget about those other well known Nintendo characters and toss in that guy from the Game and Watch games!" Obviously, he showed some previous interest in him.
You can't pass your own unsubstantiated opinion off as a legitimate point. How does showing previous interest in a character a guarantee that a character will be added? Do you even know if Sakurai is interested in Bomberman? I don't but a big fanbase, many good games, and many possiblities tell me he didn't need fans to remind him of his presence. :chuckle:

Sakurai obviously felt comfortable adding 2 ancient characters (G&W and Ice Climbers), so I don't think he lost too much sleep over delaying Lucas (whom if he really cared about would have replace Ness then and there) and Sonic (who's demand only became apparent after the infamous EGM April fool's joke). Nice try, but time constraints tell us one thing and one thing alone: you don't know who is going to be in until things are officially confirmed.

The Bomberman games as of late have been trash. Megaman and the Castlevania series are doing much better then Bomberman is at the moment. This is besides the point though considering I could careless if Bomberman is in or not. I just care about Geno.
I never mentioned Bomberman games as of late. I spoke of the Snes ones and if you want to talk about past Nintendo systems ill throw in the 64 ones as well. Bomberman's resume is still way stronger with or without the duds. Megaman doing better than bomberman at the moment? Well, lets see, all of Megaman's main games were on the NES, gameboy, & Snes with one game going to the PSX. They were good, but then, they were during the same time Bomberman's snes/64 stuff came out. Castlevania doing better is also not the result of Simon Belmont. Last I checked, he was still stuck in Super Castlevania for the Snes so that pretty much debunks your wild claim of Simon being stiff competition based on the strength of current Castlevania success. If anything, that makes a claim for the guys who were actually in these recent successful Castelvania games.

Once again it is so obvious that you have never played SMRPG. SMRPG is the game that influenced all of the current Mario RPG games. Even though Mario was the main character the second most important character in the game was Geno because the story revolved around the Star Road and the Stars, which is a recurring them in the games that came after it might I add.
Second most important character in the game was Geno? Good lord. Does Smithy ring a bell, you know, the main antagonist? If you mean second most important protagonist, you're still wrong as ever. Geno's role was as large as Mallow's. He told Mario about the seven stars, but that kind of info isn't exactly helpful when Mario is on a quest to beat the villains anyway. Mario found Mack for the first star minus Geno's help and the way Smithy's goons were blabbering off, it would only be a matter of time until he discovered the truth. Where there was trouble there was a star and where theres trouble theres Mario.

Also, Geno is currently property of Square so I'm assuming that Nintendo didn't want to use a character created by Square because of bad blood over FFVII.
Well what about the next SMRPG that followed Superstar?

o_0? Nintendo used Geno as a cameo during Superstar which would indicate an end to the bad blood. So why didn't Nintendo give Geno a heftier role in the next SMRPG? They had ample time to do it....

Did Geno cost too much for a DS apperance or does Nintendo really not care about Geno? Take your pick, either way its a bad omen for Geno fans when a company is only willing to invest in a character to a certain extent & would rather avoid including the character altogether because of it.

It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about at all.
Its obvious you are a biased fanboy who isn't willing to accept the possibility that Geno's chances are not all they are cracked up to be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah got the joke 150. funny little nod to him but yeah. Well have english hw to do brb.
Oh yeah, I used that ealier too...Oops, my bad...

Heh, I kinda was more focused on some other stuff today

Enigma14

Smash Champion
One last thing I wish to point out that was brought up earlier before i start hw...

Why would Nintendo use a Geno robot to explain a mini game, they could have just used Toad or Toadette?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One last thing I wish to point out that was brought up earlier before i start hw...

Why would Nintendo use a Geno robot to explain a mini game, they could have just used Toad or Toadette?
Because he's awesome

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's hilarious, isn't it?

"The balls are inert"

"I hope my body can take it"

Do you know if any Geno and/or SMRPG YouTube Poop exists?
Not a Super Mario RPG one, but Super Mario does indeed exist

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rIxIFlD9CPg

EDIT: they changed it, A LOT. They added, like 4 minutes and took two minutes of original material away. The original was so much better :(

Top Bottom