• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Well I have barely seen Geno's name come up in a recent game, but then popularity and # of games doesn't matter much to Sakurai, but if Sakurai is going to have a character represent a series, chances are he'll be going for one that doesn't play second fiddle. Geno is second fiddle. One of several in SMRPG. Is he the most liked? Maybe. Does he have a moveset? Absolutely. Is he the clear candidate to represent SMRPG? No!

Count Bleck & Dimentio on the other hand are not only major characters, but they are recognizable. Waluigi possibly even more recognizable than the aforementioned duo thanks to the spin off sports games and the Mario party series. Loved Waluigi's Island in Mario Party 3. I think that would make an adequate stage for him. Assuming hes in...which is far more likely than Geno getting in.
Lol wut? Count Bleck and Dimentio more recognizable than Geno? I think not. Geno's had over ten years to build an often underestimated fanbase. Count Bleck and Dimentio have had a few months, and even after that they don't have much to show for it. Not to mention that Super Mario RPG is far more influential and overall a more important and memorable game than Super Paper Mario is or will be. I have yet to hear someone say SMRPG was a bad game, but already I get mixed reports about SPM.

And Waluigi HAS been in more games, but think about what he's actually done. NOTHING. The only game where he's done anything on his own was DDR Mario Mix, a game that was itself filler. He didn't even play that big a part, either. Also, his fanbase is tiny, and no one's expressed any strong desire for his entry. To say his chances are better than Geno's is, to be blunt, stupid.

Out of all the potential new Mario characters, Geno's gotten the most attention, both from fans and Sakurai himself. and since Dr. Mario's pretty much gone, you can't just say that there'll just be four Mario characters. The one and only threat to Geno's chances is Bowser Jr., and even that's unlikely.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, that video ACTUALLY is serious.

The video I posted was edited, and they uploaded a new, supposedly "better" version :(
o_O

I didn't realize there was an ACTUAL episode called "Mama Luigi" . . . I just thought it was the name of a Youtube Poop.

Any clue why the original was taken down?

Rex+

Smash Ace
Lol wut? Count Bleck and Dimentio more recognizable than Geno? I think not. Geno's had over ten years to build an often underestimated fanbase. Count Bleck and Dimentio have had a few months, and even after that they don't have much to show for it.
Who exactly are Count Bleck and Dimentio?
Yes, I actually don't know who they are. In other words, I agree with Spoony on everything. Especially on the Waluigi part. He's been in nothing but fillers and mini-games...

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
Who exactly are Count Bleck and Dimentio?
Yes, I actually don't know who they are. In other words, I agree with Spoony on everything. Especially on the Waluigi part. He's been in nothing but fillers and mini-games...
They're the villians from Super Paper Mario. Which, by the way, isn't even an RPG. Their designs are really cool, but in all reality they stand no chance for being in Brawl.

Rex+

Smash Ace
They're the villians from Super Paper Mario. Which, by the way, isn't even an RPG. Their designs are really cool, but in all reality they stand no chance for being in Brawl.

Good, I wouldn't want many Paper Mario characters in Brawl anyway...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Geno in another RPG installment besides SMRPG?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good, I wouldn't want many Paper Mario characters in Brawl anyway...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Geno in another RPG installment besides SMRPG?
He made a cameo in Mario & Luigi Super Saga

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Dimetio would actually make a REALLY cool Assist Trophy, what with controlling dimensions and all. maybe he could turn the stage sideways when he appears. for a limit time, of course.

and on the subject of AT's, what's the general concensus for Mallow's AT move, granted he makes it? personally, i think Snowy is the best choice.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
Dimetio would actually make a REALLY cool Assist Trophy, what with controlling dimensions and all. maybe he could turn the stage sideways when he appears. for a limit time, of course.

and on the subject of AT's, what's the general concensus for Mallow's AT move, granted he makes it? personally, i think Snowy is the best choice.
Hrm...true. He would make a good AT, but that's about it.

Sorry for the bias. The GameFAQS boards have given me a strong hatred of the Paper Mario games (LOL PAPUR MARIO FUR BARWL! is heard on every other thread. >_<)

Yeah, Mallow should definitely have either Star Rain or Snowy. Preferably Snowy> GIANT SNOWMAN OF DOOM! >:3

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I can't believe that he really thinks that Waluigi has a better chance then Geno...

"Luigi is thought of as confirmed by many"
"Well that reduces his chances even more"

People who look past the facts that support Geno so well and argue with their own opinions piss me off so bad. I will defend Geno to the death **** it!

TO THE DEATH!

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice

Or he could use Star Rain and you could keep pressing Y to make it endlessly bounce up and down on screen....for a really long time....lol fun times

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or he could use Star Rain and you could keep pressing Y to make it endlessly bounce up and down on screen....for a really long time....lol fun times
I don't think that can work as an AT, pressing buttons to affect it

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Snowy would be kind of neat, but if he was in then I would love to see him use his thunderstorm move. It would be neat just having him in the middle of the stage, and watching as people attempt to dodge the random thunder strikes hitting the ground.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
*Enter irrelevent post!*

Not a Super Mario RPG one, but Super Mario does indeed exist

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rIxIFlD9CPg

EDIT: they changed it, A LOT. They added, like 4 minutes and took two minutes of original material away. The original was so much better :(
WTF? That was my favorite Youtube poop!

Mario: Luigi, I didn't know you were a secret weapon!
Luigi: *speaks unintelligibly fast*
Mario: I didn't know you were a sec-
Luigi: *speaks unintelligibly fast*
Mario: I didn't-
Luigi: *speaks unintelligibly fast* Hu-hu-HUHN!
Mario: ...Luigi, you ****er!
Luigi: That's mama ****er to you, Mario!

...I'll never forget that part. Of course, there's always my obscure second favorite one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FRh-ZlL5k

"Yeah, well... I didn't think it was so ****..." XD

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know who's more awesome than Geno? Mario, and he's in. Bwahaha i win once more!. *dissapears in the shadows*

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Snowy would be kind of neat, but if he was in then I would love to see him use his thunderstorm move. It would be neat just having him in the middle of the stage, and watching as people attempt to dodge the random thunder strikes hitting the ground.
that'd be cool. maybe he could have a random chance to use each one, like Knuckle Joe.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Hrm...true. He would make a good AT, but that's about it.

Sorry for the bias. The GameFAQS boards have given me a strong hatred of the Paper Mario games (LOL PAPUR MARIO FUR BARWL! is heard on every other thread. >_<)

Yeah, Mallow should definitely have either Star Rain or Snowy. Preferably Snowy> GIANT SNOWMAN OF DOOM! >:3
Paper Mario is my favorite game of all time.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Don't forget Clefairy from Melee...
well, Clefairy is a little different because it's only move was randomly using any of the other Pokemon's moves. Mallow, like Knuckle Joe, would have two set moves to use and switch between them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh sh- Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean the games themselves, which I have yet to play. I'm just sick of GameFAQS saying that Paper Mario is more likely than Geno. So very sorry...>_<
I don't get why people want Mario in, just a different form when Mario is already in the game...

Why don't we have 8-bit mario

Raccoon Mario, Hammer Mario...

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I don't get why people want Mario in, just a different form when Mario is already in the game...

Why don't we have 8-bit mario

Raccoon Mario, Hammer Mario...
well, like Dr. Mario, Paper Mario is a completel new Mario that has a different way of attacking. rather hard to explain but at least know that asking for Paper Mario, though may sound inane, but isn't all that bad if they made him unique.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well, like Dr. Mario, Paper Mario is a completel new Mario that has a different way of attacking. rather hard to explain but at least know that asking for Paper Mario, though may sound inane, but isn't all that bad if they made him unique.
People didn't like the addition of Dr. Mario...

People keep bringing that argument up but I that doesn't make another Mario any more appareling

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Having 6 Reps would be quite a bit for Mario and I don't see that happening. I prefer Geno over Paper Mario personally.

That's only because I love Geno though >_>.

By the way do you guys need help with creating the site or anything if you are going to make an official site? I'm used to doing stuff that like that for Clans, Groups, Alliances, etc... and I would be happy to lend a helping hand.

Top Bottom