• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
how epic would it be if Sakurai's update tomorrow is just 4 symbols?

♥♪!?

and that was it for the week
That would be hilarious if they put that as his name and the announcer in the game tried to pronounce it...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Not surprised if its a vet or another newcomer, but really hoping its ♥♪!?

Again if a new character isnt revelaed tomorrow im hoping for Tuesday.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Ridley?

No, wrong thread.
Nope, Ridley's not here. He would still be an awesome addition to Brawl though. You said earlier that there should be Ridley fans that did what I did but, here's the thing, Ridley doesn't really need any help because he's got a ton going for him:

1. He appears in 80% of the Metroid games and is the franchises' second most reoccuring character.

2. Ridley is extremelly significant to the Metroid franchise especially when you consider how he killed Samus's parents and pretty much wiped out everyone on her homeworld thus making Samus become a bounty hunter in the first place.

3. Sakurai mentioned he wanted to put more emphasis on aerial combat and what better to show case that then a freakin' space dragon? :laugh:

4. Ridley was mentioned four times in Sakurai's journal.

5. He has been with Metroid since the very beginning.

6. It is rumored that he was considered to be put in Melee.

7. Did I mention that he's a freakin' space dragon? I don't remember if I did or not...

8. Ridley is the only major Nintendo villian that plays larger roles then the final bosses in his respective franchise.

9. Heavily demanded even before Melee came out.

10. Outside of Dark Samus (trys to swallow a laugh), he basically has no competition as a Metroid rep.

Like I said, he's got a lot going for him and I'd be shocked to death if he didn't get in.

Geno, on the other hand, has basically had an uphill battle because of his obscurity but, because of various factors, he has overcome many of these and is now one of the most requested characters in both North America and Japan. Still, I've been trying to bring Geno back since 2003 when I felt kind of insulted at his cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Hopefully the work I've done and the work of hundreds and perhaps even thousands of Geno fans will pay off.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
^ Why can't more people be like you?

Ridley and Geno for Brawl.
These are the 10 characters I most support for Brawl:

1. Geno (obviously)
2. Megaman
3. King Dedede (confirmed)
4. Diddy Kong (confirmed)
5. Krystal (semi-confirmed)
6. Ray 01
7. Lucario
8. Ridley
9. Vaati
10. Captain Syrup (practically guarenteed to be no less then a sticker/trophy but I can still dream) or, more realistically, Takamaru.

Since I'm a fan of most of Nintendo's franchises, I find it impossible to soley devote myself to a single character. Granted, Geno's by far the character I want the most but I understand that there are a lot of good characters in the running that simply can't be ignored.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Just refreshing this so the haters can wail in their pitiful arrogance.

Japanese Poll Results said:
XVV.Japanese "Poll" Results (and number of mentions.)
Japanese Poll, Most Requested Characters in Japan
King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawashima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
Diddy? Confirmed. Ike? Confirmed. Dedede? Confirmed... Lucas? Confirmed. Although this doesn't guarantee anything, with him high up on that poll, it's very likely.

...wait, I just noticed he was thrown in there with only first party characters. Ooooh shi-. x:

Can someone verify these results?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just refreshing this so the haters can wail in their pitiful arrogance.

Diddy? Confirmed. Ike? Confirmed. Dedede? Confirmed... Lucas? Confirmed. Although this doesn't guarantee anything, with him high up on that poll, it's very likely.

...wait, I just noticed he was thrown in there with only first party characters. Ooooh shi-. x:

Can someone verify these results?
Actually, Geno was mentioned 5 times and I have all five mentions to prove it:

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
^Ah, so that's the mentions! Thanks for posting them, man- you rock. Looking at those, it's kind of hard to see Sakurai excluding Geno...

30 more minutes...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Fatmanonice, your post inspired this picture:

>>

I... I can still draw badass stuff too...

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
It seems that Fatman will be a legend. If Geno succeeds into making it on Brawl, then I will create a name known as Fatman and will only be that name when I play Geno. Just to remember the legend that supported the hero from Star Road so highly.

This ones for you, the main supporter of Geno... Here's to you.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
...Fatmanonice, your post inspired this picture:

>>

I... I can still draw badass stuff too...
I have to tell you that I have a ten mile wide grin on my face right now because of that pic. :laugh: You know what would also be a cool pic? A picture like that except all the newcomers that have been announced are helping all the characters that have very good chances of getting in like Captain Olimar, Krystal, Isaac, Claus, and Megaman get out of a pit . I imagine that they'd all be lined up and are struggling to pull them up while there would be a caption that says "We're all in this together." *blow torches the first person who makes a High School Musical reference in the eye*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to tell you that I have a ten mile wide grin on my face right now because of that pic. :laugh: You know what would also be a cool pic? A picture like that except all the newcomers that have been announced are helping all the characters that have very good chances of getting in like Captain Olimar, Krystal, Isaac, Claus, and Megaman get out of a pit . I imagine that they'd all be lined up and are struggling to pull them up while there would be a caption that says "We're all in this together." *blow torches the first person who makes a High School Musical reference in the eye*
Using High school musical references is pushing it to the limit...:mad:

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
...The other day my band teacher was giving us a lecture (some people in my class just won't shut up), and he said that exact line. The whole class burst out laughing, and my teacher was just sitting there like :dizzy:

Ahhhh... it hurts to breathe... *prays for Geno*

Snakz

Smash Ace
****! so much for tonight....

well, we'll get something next week

EDIT: Sakurai mentioned the stage being Ridley's place, that's interesting....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You were referring to Strong Bad and his gohfohogaz music video right? Still, I guess I didn't understand the context...
No, High school musical actually...

Maybe not actually...I forgot what it was...

Oops...

I'm not a fan of it so I might have been off

Top Bottom