• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
The same reason you hug your Geno doll ever so tightly at night.

Because I am intrigued with Geno...well not so much the character...but the people who can't seem to get enough of him. ;)
Cool, but every time you come in here to start an argument for no reason it's called Trolling.

And even when you start an argument for a reason you say something very stupid.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
ya, he said it a while back, I am not sure were or when though...
are you talking about this quote from his journal?:

"Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. ""

and the translator's take on it:

"Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done)."

Sakurai's statement is pretty ambiguous.... It could go either way really. But it seems like Sakurai is planning on revealing secret characters after the game is released. With the apparent exception Snake and Sonic.

Thoughts?

edit: D: gah! I hate when I get the last post of the page

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Cool, but every time you come in here to start an argument for no reason it's called Trolling.

And even when you start an argument for a reason you say something very stupid.
So how is Simon Belmont a threat to Bomberman again? :psycho:

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Some time before new years <_>
We have no official date... Geno will probably
be announced on that day... if he is... *prays to the star road*
or before that *Prays even more*

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I believe that SMRPG's release date announcement and Geno being confirmed into Brawl will happen around the same time.

But when, I do not know. =/ I just hope it's soon.

*wishes upon the Star Road for SMRPG's release date and Geno being confirmed into Brawl to happen soon*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
um.. they're basically the same thing. all threads have fanboys in them.
All threads have fanboys in them, but when the majority of a character thread consists of fanboys, then it effectively becomes a fanboy thread since any and all dissenting opinions are immediately met with flames/anger/tears or a mixture of the three.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Your name is Krystal, your icon is Krystal and you support Krystal and you dare make fun of other people for being "fanboys"?
Fanboyism doesn't stem from a sig or a screen name. Its how you react to people dissing the character you support, its how much you're willing to listen to concerns regarding that character and whether or not you get angry when you see those concerns.

If someone were to tell me Krystal was just going to be an AT or would just make a small cameo apperance I'd gladly listen to their rationale before launching flame attacks or expressing :mad:.

If there was no explanation for why they thought the way they did, that just makes my reasons for why she could be in that much stronger since its obvious they are basing their prediction on gut feelings.

I am not 100% positive Krystal will be in brawl nor do I think she is entitled to be in Brawl when I know full well there are many other characters who have made bigger marks and have been more original. Thats the difference between a Krystal fan and a Krystal fanboy.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Fanboyism doesn't stem from a sig or a screen name. Its how you react to people dissing the character you support, its how much you're willing to listen to concerns regarding that character and whether or not you get angry when you see those concerns.

If someone were to tell me Krystal was just going to be an AT or would just make a small cameo apperance I'd gladly listen to their rationale before launching flame attacks or expressing :mad:.

If there was no explanation for why they thought the way they did, that just makes my reasons for why she could be in that much stronger since its obvious they are basing their prediction on gut feelings.

I am not 100% positive Krystal will be in brawl nor do I think she is entitled to be in Brawl when I know full well there are many other characters who have made bigger marks and have been more original. Thats the difference between a Krystal fan and a Krystal fanboy.
In the business we call that an "Oh Snap"

Oh ~Krystal~ go bump the Krystal thread or something, which is not even on the first page, you're just getting everyone off topic.
Ha ha ha *Sigh* Great comeback!...??

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Oh ~Krystal~ go bump the Krystal thread or something, which is not even on the first page, you're just getting everyone off topic.
Its so hard to keep a thread regarding a character that is confirmed to be in the game in some capacity lively. Perhaps you could help me seeing how you support Krystal as well?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Its so hard to keep a thread regarding a character that is confirmed to be in the game in some capacity lively. Perhaps you could help me seeing how you support Krystal as well?
I just think she is a shoe in, I love the star fox games, but I'm not gonna put her in my avatar and have my username after her and bump her thread every 5 minutes, there's a difference between supporting a character and being a complete fanboy.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
She/He (S-He) was not trolling... S-he (Hard to tell with Krystal fans) was just saying something about fan boys and then you lot mentioned that she supported Krystal and then she described to you what one actually is... so instead of saying "Ah... thats what you meant sorry for being so rude earlier" or anything like that you just tell her (Or him) to go away and bump their thread.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone, jsut checking in to see whats on the go.

No Geno was announced at the Brawl website this week, which sucks. Let's keep hoping for him!!

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
GUUUUUUYYYSSS!!!!!!

Just ignore her. a solid page (and counting) of bickering is enough

Look, you deal with trolls by:
- ignoring them
- if it gets too out of hand, report them

simple. As of right now you're just encouraging her.

vesperview

Smash Hero
She/He (S-He) was not trolling... S-he (Hard to tell with Krystal fans) was just saying something about fan boys and then you lot mentioned that she supported Krystal and then she described to you what one actually is... so instead of saying "Ah... thats what you meant sorry for being so rude earlier" or anything like that you just tell her (Or him) to go away and bump their thread.
Dude. It's been two weeks without a new character profile. I demand one for next week. Give us Geno or I will go on a hunger strike. WHAT NOW SAKURAI? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE? IS THAT IT?
Well...make sure you've made your peace with God. Looks like you'll be starving to death. :laugh:
If this isn't trolling I don't know what is.

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
GUUUUUUYYYSSS!!!!!!

Just ignore her. a solid page (and counting) of bickering is enough

Look you deal with trolls by:
- ignoring them
- if it gets too out of hand, report them

simple. As of right now you're just encouraging her.
Well said.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I just think she is a shoe in, I love the star fox games, but I'm not gonna put her in my avatar and have my username after her and bump her thread every 5 minutes, there's a difference between supporting a character and being a complete fanboy.
I bumped her thread every 5 minutes?

And here I thought I was simply discussing Krystal. God forbid someone posts in the Krystal thread when she is confirmed to be in the game. :p

Krystal isn't the only person I support you know. I would actually rather see Paper Mario before Krystal, but then I do realize that I've doomed myself to fanboy status for having a Krystal sn & avatar.... :confused:

Talendime

Smash Ace
Monday and Tuesday are Galaxy release days, correct? Perhaps that'll be Geno's time to finally rise up?

Wow, you guys really grasp to any hair of hopefullness for this guy..

I just have the same amount of hope every night. Except Plus 85% on Fridays.. mmmm.. ^___^

vesperview

Smash Hero
I bumped her thread every 5 minutes?

And here I thought I was simply discussing Krystal. God forbid someone posts in the Krystal thread when she is confirmed to be in the game. :p

Krystal isn't the only person I support you know. I would actually rather see Paper Mario before Krystal, but then I do realize that I've doomed myself to fanboy status for having a Krystal sn & avatar.... :confused:
Your point?

Top Bottom