• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
****. Another non-Geno week. When will be our time to shine?
Are you Demonshadowbolt from the Game FAQs forums by any chance? If so, it's good to see you again. It's been more then a year since we last talked.

Anyways, tonight's update was really awkward. This is the first time where we haven't gotten a character profile in more then two weeks and Norfair is the final stage (Besides Sonic's) that belongs to at least one character already announced... Just what does Sakurai have planned for next week? Personally, if Geno is to be announced before Brawl is released, I imagine it'd be closer to the release date and after some of the obvious veterans like Luigi, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, and Ganondorf were announced.

Still, this has been a really weird week...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Indeed it's me, Fatty - good to be out of that awful GF board.

And yes, Norfair would have been more enjoyable to see if we hadn't seen it already.

Monday and Tuesday are Galaxy release days, correct? Perhaps that'll be Geno's time to finally rise up?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Indeed it's me, Fatty - good to be out of that awful GF board.

And yes, Norfair would have been more enjoyable to see if we hadn't seen it already.

Monday and Tuesday are Galaxy release days, correct? Perhaps that'll be Geno's time to finally rise up?
Or it could be Luigi's time to steal Mario's thunder.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Luigi has all the time in the world to be revealed - there isn't a doubt in anyone's mind that he's returning. He's guaranteed in.

Geno fans need him to be revealed as playable ASAP - enough is enough already.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Super Mario Galaxy is a long shot for a tie-in for Geno. As stated above, Luigi has a better chance.

Does Sakurai even tie his updates to game releases? Holidays maybe, but it seems like he's just spouting off from the top of his head; no prior planning for him. Even if he does, the perfect opportunity would be the VC release of Super Mario RPG - the only game Geno was featured in as playable.

Sure, the wait is killing everyone, but I try to find other things to do. It helps ease the anxiety, not to mention builds up a nice suprise factor when he is announced.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Super Mario Galaxy is a long shot for a tie-in for Geno. As stated above, Luigi has a better chance.

Does Sakurai even tie his updates to game releases? Holidays maybe, but it seems like he's just spouting off from the top of his head; no prior planning for him. Even if he does, the perfect opportunity would be the VC release of Super Mario RPG - the only game Geno was featured in as playable.

Sure, the wait is killing everyone, but I try to find other things to do. It helps ease the anxiety, not to mention builds up a nice suprise factor when he is announced.
Sakurai's updates seem so random and out of place....its scary how sloppy this week's updates were. Fox vid, Lucas update, Gray Fox AT....

This week made NO sense. (As usual)

Well...after 2 weeks and no word of a new character, I'm ready for an update that is going to send shockwaves across the internetz. I'm hoping that update is on Monday that way we have more time to experience the horrors of a controversial character announcement before the next big update comes along. :chuckle:

If Geno is announced there will be an endless sea of anti and pro Geno threads either praising the decision or denouncing Sakurai's name whilst questioning his manhood. (lol)

If Krystal is announced, furry fanfics will devour the internet and Krystal fans will be deadlocked into a long lasting flamewar that will shake the message boards of Smash and G-faqs for years to come. :psycho:

Can't wait!

P.S. Ebisumaru for the epic win. My favorite overweight ninja. :chuckle:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sakurai updates make no sense, when Prime 3 came out we got nothing Metroid Related so no... he doesn't tie his updates with game releases, of course... it's Mario so you never know.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
****... Geno wasn't announced :(

Oh well, at least I know that I bothered Gamefaqs last night, but it also sucks that they went ahead and deleted the topic as well >_>.

If anyone here wants to organize anything like that again then just AIM me at LemonPortal

Enigma14

Smash Champion
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONDAY OR TUESDAY! MONDAY OR TUESDAY! MONDAY OR TUESDAY! MONDAY OR TUESDAY! MONDAY OR TUESDAY! MONDAY OR TUESDAY!

Geno for Brawl!

Snakz

Smash Ace
The fact that Sakurai keeps hinting at Ridley has made me realize what i have forgotten already. Geno probably wont be released spontaneously, even if it's time for a character update. Yes there's a a chance he would be, but i think we'll most likely be getting Ridley first, then Sakurai will mose on to hints at Geno, like his music or maybe something a little less conspicuous.

At this point, i dont really care if it's Geno for the next character update (that would just make my year), i just want a freakin character, veteran or newcomer...

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Sakurai keeps hinting at Ridley has made me realize what i have forgotten already. Geno probably wont be released spontaneously, even if it's time for a character update. Yes there's a a chance he would be, but i think we'll most likely be getting Ridley first, then Sakurai will mose on to hints at Geno, like his music or maybe something a little less conspicuous.

At this point, i dont really care if it's Geno for the next character update (that would just make my year), i just want a freakin character, veteran or newcomer...
Agreed. I wish there was just a liiiiiiiittle bit more consistency on these updates

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Who said there has to be hints of a newcomer? We get around two every month anyway, so it could be entirely random.

Next newcomer is next week - it could easily be Geno.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Who said there has to be hints of a newcomer? We get around two every month anyway, so it could be entirely random.

Yeah and if we only get 1 character this month expect 2 next month.

But he does has to reveal them before Japan gets the game.

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
lol I just realized that the Geno thread rocks so much that it has more posts than the Ridley thread. It won't be much longer before we destroy the megaman thread and lead these boards with a wooden fist >=)

Snakz

Smash Ace

Actually, now that i think about, Ridley and Lucas have been the only characters Sakurai has hinted at, every other newcomer has been completely spontaneous....

I think Sakurai realized he was getting predictable and changed it up for friday, so next week we'll deffinetly get a new character, i just hate waiting for the update to start again (cause of course it means waiting for the precious weekend to end...)

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This week has been random. The video of Fox, Diddy, and Rayquaza + Fire Emblem Theme. Then Items from Previous Installments(killing momentum after the video). The Gray Fox AT + How to Grab. Lucas Special Moves(which hurt Ness's potential). And then, after two weeks(the usual standard), we receive Norfair, a place that all who are interested have seen through Youtube and other various videos.

Maybe next week will be chaotic. Start a new character(hopefully Geno) on Monday and just let his music, stage, and moveset rule the week. You can only wish for so much...

Snakz

Smash Ace
This week has been random. The video of Fox, Diddy, and Rayquaza + Fire Emblem Theme. Then Items from Previous Installments(killing momentum after the video). The Gray Fox AT + How to Grab. Lucas Special Moves(which hurt Ness's potential). And then, after two weeks(the usual standard), we receive Norfair, a place that all who are interested have seen through Youtube and other various videos.

Maybe next week will be chaotic. Start a new character(hopefully Geno) on Monday and just let his music, stage, and moveset rule the week. You can only wish for so much...
Well my predictions for this week were pretty accurate for once, im gonna try again for next week...

Lets see, well obviously were deffinetly due for a character

But other than that? hmm, probably a game mode update sometime, not SE related

Then...probably someone's FS, your guess is as good as mine

And one more for the road....pokeball?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Well my predictions for this week were pretty accurate for once, im gonna try again for next week...

Lets see, well obviously were deffinetly due for a character

But other than that? hmm, probably a game mode update sometime, not SE related

Then...probably someone's FS, your guess is as good as mine

And one more for the road....pokeball?
Wow... I think that you are starting to think like Sakurai... Random.

I'm with you with the Character and Game update. I can see the pokeball, but most of the time you will get a character's moveset(most moves) and maybe a stage... Less on the stage and more of the FS since Norfair was released... So, I'm with you. Random, but makes sense.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty convinced Geno will be in, all the other characters from the Sakurai poll with high votes have ben confirmed except for Geno and Ridely. But there's been hints about Ridley like you pointed out, and none so far of Geno... I'll be pissed if all the other characters from the poll but Geno got in...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I got a question for you guys. Did Sakurai say that secret characters would be revealed before the release of the game? I've heard yes and no and am confused what the real answer is.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I got a question for you guys. Did Sakurai say that secret characters would be revealed before the release of the game? I've heard yes and no and am confused what the real answer is.
I've heard several others say that Sakurai wants to reveal the final roster himself before the game is released . . .

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Hopefully we see a Geno update this upcoming week, but its so random its hard to tell what we will get ><

Btw, I'm not good at artwork and such fun stuff (I'm a computer engineer...nuff said) but i tried my hands at making a banner for us Star Guardians in the G A

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4214/starguardianmw5.jpg

yea its crappy, I know, but I still like it cause I made it =P

Edit: hmm how wierd, my signature didnt update with that pic yet, even though I added it before I made this post. ><

Edit#2: Fixed!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Dude. It's been two weeks without a new character profile. I demand one for next week. Give us Geno or I will go on a hunger strike. WHAT NOW SAKURAI? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE? IS THAT IT?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Dude. It's been two weeks without a new character profile. I demand one for next week. Give us Geno or I will go on a hunger strike. WHAT NOW SAKURAI? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE? IS THAT IT?
Well...make sure you've made your peace with God. Looks like you'll be starving to death. :laugh:

Top Bottom