• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
I'm not a fanboy! :)
I get it... I'll take a wild guess and say you're a fangirl, not a fanboy, right? Thats fine and all, but please post in another thread if you have nothing constructive to say about Geno and/or his inclusion in Brawl. It's fun having random off topic posts once in a while, but it gets to a certain point where it is just plain annoying. Thank you for your cooperation.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to go off the topic of trolling, and say why I think geno will be announced next week...

*eh hem*

1. Since the introduction of Ike, a newcomer has been announced every 2-3 weeks, the longest amount of days between these being 16 days between MK and Snake... if Geno is announced on monday, it will have been 18 days between him and DeDeDe.
2. Character updates lately have gone in an order, 2nd party/3rd party/2nd party/3rd party/2nd party with the latest (DeDeDe) being 2nd...
3. He's one of two characters with 4 votes that haven't been announced yet

vesperview

Smash Hero
Allow me to go off the topic of trolling, and say why I think geno will be announced next week...

*eh hem*

1. Since the introduction of Ike, a newcomer has been announced every 2-3 weeks, the longest amount of days between these being 16 days between MK and Snake... if Geno is announced on monday, it will have been 18 days between him and DeDeDe.
2. Character updates lately have gone in an order, 2nd party/3rd party/2nd party/3rd party/2nd party with the latest (DeDeDe) being 2nd...
Considering we haven't gotten a veteran since the Ice Climbers, I think a veteran will be revealed before more newcomers.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice

*eh hem*

Woah. Amazing points, man.

Let us pray to the Loord above that Geno makes it in. (:

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.

*eh hem*

Agree'd, except for #2. Geno doesn't really count as 3rd party.

But still, it's either him, Krystal, or Ridley to be confirmed next. WHOOT!

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Right, because Jesus (AKA captain falcon) is definately not going to be in brawl... -_-

Im aware not all veterans have been announced, and I want alot of them to be
(falcon/luigi/jiggs/ness/marth/sheik) blablablaaaa

But look at the dates in the updates, and look at the pattern...

I have a firm belief Geno/Megaman/whoever will be announced at some point next week...

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I HIGHLY apoligize for going off topic, but I have a qstatement...

Therweonly like, 24 characters in Meele, right? Well if you add up the characters that have so far been announced, it's already more than Meele's amount. I know the character change from the first SSB to the second was immense (considerng there were only like, 12 characters (I THINK) in SSB), but I cna't see the character change from SSBM to SSBB being so darastic. I think, that there aren't may more characters left to be released...

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Hummm... got me there <_>
Nintendo conference on sunday :laugh:

@Kritikal: Well, of course the change won't be as drastic, that DOUBLED the amount
of characters in SSB, no way there'll be 48 in brawl... but the do have enough time
and a good selection of characters to at least make it a good 35/40

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Hence the laughing emote <_<

Edit: And another point, albeit not a very good one, is that Super Mario
galaxy comes out in NA next week... (Like I said, not a very good one, but
it's still better then "He's awesome")

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
hmm... any one else notice that Sakurai says tht norfair is "where the enemy boss Ridley was." enemy boss? doubble you tee eff?! de-confermation or confermation? (i hope it's the second one but when has Sakurai used a char. as an example then confirmed him/her? oh and...
Geno for brawl!
will we decide on a Star-Sage soon? if so then i vote for shadowbolt.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@sliverike:

Well, Geno thinks you suck.

Aniway. there's no pattern in the updates. It's all in your mind, yes.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Wait, monday is veterans day, right? Doesnt that mean a veteran character will be announced?

I hope not...Geno for Brawl!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
how cool would it be if the Star Road was a stage in Brawl? even though we never see it in SMRPG, we do see quite a bit of it in Super Mario World.

i think it has a lot of potential.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Yes now that I replayed it, yes I did see Geno it was a nice cameo, even though he had no major impact in the game's story. And no he was not playable and a player's intro to a minigame and yes I do agree that the chances of Banjo is very slim I would say that there is only a chance of it becoming a sticker or a trophy

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Veterans Day is Monday. Wouldn't they announce a Veteran Character, or do Japanese people not celebrate Veterans Day?

I hope not because I want Geno to be announced Monday. Geno for Brawl!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
A veteran for Veteran's Day? An interesting connection, but regardless; I don't think japan celebrates that.

A newcomer is coming next week - c'mon, Geno; let's put an end to the trolls already!

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Shadowbolt I am Japanese myself and I know that Japan isnt big about Veterans Day as America is, and do you think Sakurai has anything planned on Dec. 3?

Top Bottom