• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sakurai would either mess with us or he would do it just because another character is in, but its a vet, I;ll just say MEH unless they have a new flavor like Bowser does.

Geno for Monday or Tuesday.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I can't wait until next week. Geno's practically a shoe-in...

"How's my driving art?​

Err... tried to use a real medium, instead of Photoshop, just to experiment... kids, don't mix soft pastels and sharpies, that's all I can say. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Eic debate in the Luigi and Bowser Jr. Most likely to get in thread.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Heh, one of these days I'm going to get good at art and be proud of it.

Eic debate in the Luigi and Bowser Jr. Most likely to get in thread.
I'm there just as soon as I finish up in the "Money where your mouth is" thread. Geno needs some love over there, too.

D

Deleted member

Well, it was epic until Red&Silver started being a stupid tard.
=\
/=

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wasn't Diddy Kong in the same... "place" Geno is ages ago? Diddy is now owned only by nintendo... the same could happen for Geno.

I actually don't really care who get in as a new Mario representative as long as is not Waluigi.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Geno's pretty much in the opposite position of Diddy: he was in a game developed by Nintendo/a third party developer, but Nintendo didn't take the legal rights over him when they had the chance.

...If Waluigi gets in, Sakurai's going to get roundhouse kicked in the face by so many gamers it won't be funny.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
and once the gamers are done chuck noris will fly (yes FLY) down to deliver the final roundhouse kick, thus sending sakurai into an endless vortex will he shall spend all of eternity geting sliced to shreds by Ridley, and Geno's geno whirl and he will heal over night only to be sliced again and again the next day... it could happen! belive me i've seen it!

Shuma

Smash Hero
You'll never beat the Legion! bwahahahaha. *dissapears in the darkest shadows of the Ridley thread*

RDK

Smash Hero
The only thing Ashley's got going for her is the huge number of n00bs that like her.

And quite a bit of n00bs there are.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Ashley is a horrible choice for brawl and go can burn in hell

Geno/Ridley/Captain Olimar are my top 3 (I have to let go of hope for Banjo-Kazooie...)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I find funny how Ashley didn't have a fanbase until her music was addedd in the site.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Right at the moment, I'm wondering when SMRPG will come out of the VC. IGN said last December that it was one of the games scheduled for 2007 and a large percentage of the games on that list have been released now. Well, SMRPG is the last console Mario canon game left for them to upload so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Right at the moment, I'm wondering when SMRPG will come out of the VC. IGN said last December that it was one of the games scheduled for 2007 and a large percentage of the games on that list have been released now. Well, SMRPG is the last console Mario canon game left for them to upload so hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Sakurai will announce Geno as playable the same day Super Mario RPG is released for Virtual Console! :psycho:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
To bad if anyone makes one its all the same unless...you argue your reason as to why you would vote for the character.

What i mean is that, you make apoll thread without the voting but people have to argue their reason as to why a number should be added to the character

I.E.

Ridley Cause he could represent the Metroid series and hes been in every game

Geno because legally hes not third party or something itelligent like that.

then

Geno 1
Ridley 1

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
NO!! NEVER give up hope for the bear and Bird Duo!!!

also, your other three are my top 3 as well (apart from B-K)
Banjo Kazooie was on all my character prediction rosters up until the whole RARE split thing...

They SO would have been in Brawl if not for that

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For those of you hanging your hat on the "poll" that featured Geno's name next to Ridley and Diddy Kong, I think I should tell you that those were just the amount of letters suggesting Geno should be in Brawl. In the actual poll on the Nintendo of Japan site, Geno actually did quite poorly. The original polls have already been taken down and the info has already been sent to Sakurai. Every suggestion Sakurai would have listened to has been accounted for way back during the early stages of the development process.
The Toukeden or, what I call it, Sakurai's journal featured the 290 entries into the offical Brawl poll that interested/amused Sakurai and his staff the most. Even if Geno did poorly, the fact that Sakurai posted more entries mentioning him then any other character except King Dedede speaks volumes about his overall interest in him. Also, the poll was done when the game was only 7 months in development and considering how it's now been 25, I consider that "the early stages of the development process."

Also, how do you know he did poorly? Nintendo has yet to release the results of the offical Brawl poll. I believe you are talking about the offical Melee poll results where he was suggested 5 times overall. Does this look familar by any chance?

The 2001 Offical Melee poll results:

Mario Bros Category:
1. Bowser (169)
2. Peach (66)
3. Wario (65)
4. Toad (27)
5. Koopa Troopa (9)
6. Kamek (8)
7. Goomba (7)
8. Mallow (5)
9. Geno (5)
10. Baby Mario (3)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Are those entries (replies about characters) saved anywhere? I'd like to know what he said about ridley/geno/captain olimar/banjo kazooie (if they were mentioned)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The 2001 Offical Melee poll results:

Mario Bros Category:
3. Wario (65)
4. Toad (27)
5. Koopa Troopa (9)
6. Kamek (8)
7. Goomba (7)
8. Mallow (5)
9. Geno (5)
10. Baby Mario (3)[/QUOTE]

Sad part is that all of them appeared as thropies or enimies or someone elses move, not sure on Kamek though

Top Bottom