• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Favorite weapons/magic of Geno's? well obviously the most powerful ones, but in terms of concept, Geno Blast (colored beams from the sky) is my favorite magic attack and Finger shot is my favorite weapon

I cant decide what im going to do first after i stop dancing in the streets when Geno's profile is revealed, bust on the haters who doubted Geno, or rejoice in our thread

It just occurred to me, if for some strange reason Sakurai hides Geno from us until release (which the odds for that are pretty much impossible causes he wants to be the first to reveal the full roster) We wouldn't have to wait until Feb. 10th, we could find out from info from the Japanese on Jan 25th (cause SSBB ships on the 24th and be in shelves on the 25th.)
He'll definetly release Geno before the Japanese release...

He said HE wants to be the one to reveal the secret characters...Not people who bought the game spreading it throughout the internet

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Favorite weapons/magic of Geno's? well obviously the most powerful ones, but in terms of concept, Geno Blast (colored beams from the sky) is my favorite magic attack and Finger shot is my favorite weapon

I cant decide what im going to do first after i stop dancing in the streets when Geno's profile is revealed, bust on the haters who doubted Geno, or rejoice in our thread

It just occurred to me, if for some strange reason Sakurai hides Geno from us until release (which the odds for that are pretty much impossible causes he wants to be the first to reveal the full roster) We wouldn't have to wait until Feb. 10th, we could find out from info from the Japanese on Jan 25th (cause SSBB ships on the 24th and be in shelves on the 25th.)
Yup only 7 weeks.

BTW month ago when I was playing SMRPG I remember Geno saying he was watching over other worlds, so its possible if he is in that he could get his own story!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yup only 7 weeks.

BTW month ago when I was playing SMRPG I remember Geno saying he was watching over other worlds, so its possible if he is in that he could get his own story!!!
I bet he IS going to be a Major part in SSE

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Click on the link and copy the the address or right click it and copy it that way

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Could someone give me a list of reasons Geno should be in Brawl? And don't say "He's awesome." I support Geno, but I want to know why he should be in.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Could someone give me a list of reasons Geno should be in Brawl? And don't say "He's awesome." I support Geno, but I want to know why he should be in.
I think we get this post, like, once a day. We should answer it on the front page...like in MORE detail.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
He's one of the most wanted characters for this game - the power of sheer fan support, dude.

Why is this reason never good enough for people?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Only got time for one random reason but:

He was an important and popular character in what many believe to be one of the best games ever made*.

*proof of this is SMRPG's consistent rankings in polls.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
*Poll
-Moveset
-Liked by fans
*Sakurai is interested in him

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys--

I just wanted to say that I love Geno. One of my very first RPG games back then was Super Mario RPG, and I remember Geno vividly as the first badass character ever to be introduced to me in this genre of gaming. He has a soft spot in my heart and has my full blown support in any endeavor he may encounter.

I have been an avid supporter of Geno being in SSB since Melee was announced. With the recent announcement of De times 3, I think it's obvious that Sakurai is taking his poll seriously. I believe this badass has a good chance of making the series, and it'd **** sure make my life if he did. GOOO GENO!!

~Peace, Love, Empathy~
Vydran

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How come I'm not on McFox's list=??? :(

Anyways....it'd be intresting to see Geno's roll. He could possibly tag along with Mario, Sonic, and Pit, or go on his own mission, and breif everyone on who they are fighting, maybe revolviong around the star rod, or something big like that=darknesss that does crap=the subspace invasion. Maybe, maybe not, but that would seriously ROCK! :)

D

Deleted member

Welcome Vydran. Please keep your hands and feet inside the ride whenever the hell you want. Go nuts on your obsession with Geno and you'll be JUUUUUUST fine. =)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yes I'd really like to see Geno in brawl. I Really liked the flash but didn't like the music they should've had the forest maze music or the battle music that useually plays when you fight.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122538
(I also have a thred on Geno about a discussion of what his stage could be if he's confirmed. Click on this link to discuss this idea)

Snakz

Smash Ace

Anyways....it'd be intresting to see Geno's roll. He could possibly tag along with Mario, Sonic, and Pit, or go on his own mission, and breif everyone on who they are fighting, maybe revolviong around the star rod, or something big like that=darknesss that does crap=the subspace invasion. Maybe, maybe not, but that would seriously ROCK! :)
Yea, sorry about that, i sent him the list before you were added, as soon as the member's list is filled, you be on it, promise! :)

paralasalud

Smash Ace

no way, he would tag along with mario, peach, and bowser. just like old times. sigh. i am reminiscing smrpg so bad.

anyway, kinda just kidding about the bowser part because i'm not sure he'll be playable in SE. i hope he will, and it will be cool to see wario, bowser, and dedede change sides in the SE.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
no way, he would tag along with mario, peach, and bowser. just like old times. sigh. i am reminiscing smrpg so bad.

anyway, kinda just kidding about the bowser part because i'm not sure he'll be playable in SE. i hope he will, and it will be cool to see wario, bowser, and dedede change sides in the SE.
bowser is tagging with DK, we know that much because of the fact he stole Dk's bananas. dont ask me why. and we also know bowser is a playable character, therefore when you beat him he probably joins you.
Im not supportive of geno nor am I against him, but if geno is in, I actualy see him joining either, mario and pit, or Fox and whever joins him, most likly fox.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They actually made such a unique special moves for Dedede...though we are totally lacking in any info on Neutral B...

Don't know how useful Side B is but the idea of summoning minions into Battle!!!

...With that said, I am sure they will find a unique move set for a character such as Geno!

Fawriel

Smash Master
They actually made such a unique special moves for Dedede...
Ahahaha. The thread I checked before this one, someone complained about how unoriginal Dedede's moves are. XD

I might make a Geno moveset. Since he's the SMRPG dude... it should be all about timed hits.
"Practice those timed hits! *****!"

Fawriel

Smash Master
I still don't know why Geno should be in brawl maby he's liked by fans
Yes.

but brawl becomes more casual every day
Your point being?

and there are a lot of characters that can get a unique moveset
No.

and he isn't that popular
Which is why he got so many votes in the poll?

a lot of people never heard of him
A lot of people haven't heard about me. Their loss.
And how many people do you know who actually know Dedede and Ridley and Snake and, god forbid, Lucas?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ahahaha. The thread I checked before this one, someone complained about how unoriginal Dedede's moves are. XD

I might make a Geno moveset. Since he's the SMRPG dude... it should be all about timed hits.
"Practice those timed hits! *****!"
I guess it is a matter of opinion...

I like the summoning his minions thing...

A lot of the movesets people made for Dedede were practically all similar to kirby in B specials but with only slightly different effects

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Im sick of the haters pointing out that hes not from Earth. So are many other characters, can't believe people prefer a FOX W/ A GUN or a PENGUIN who is BLUE with a HAMMER who WEARS A COAT and people can't believe in a doll its fricking ridiculous.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
My point is that a lot casual people never heard of him and the poll is made by fans not casuals and there are a lot of characters that can get a unique moveset
Have you ever played SMRPG? Answer this and I'll have this debate with you.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
SMRPG is one of my all time favorites but can anyone tell me why Geno is so popular? Is it like a cult thing or what?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
SMRPG is one of my all time favorites but can anyone tell me why Geno is so popular? Is it like a cult thing or what?
No just abunch of fans protecting him fomr flames and hoping for his inclusion in Brawl

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
The level at which the audience plays a game will have nothing to do with the characters involved within such game. What will matter is what the producers feel the audience would like to see in the game itself. If polls mean anything, Geno has as good of a chance (if not better) than anyone else to get in the game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey guys go look our wiki page now. I've added past arguments and counter arguments. =)

Top Bottom