• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Yeah, I frequent Wiseguy's thread, so I've been made familiar. It's one of my least favorite Geno pics, though.

The hair and cloak have some very odd textures, especially around the collar. Everything else, mainly the wood graining (around the eyes), is pretty cool.

I'll have to conjure up some Geno art sometime soon. I've been working on so many art projects lately that I've had little time to indulge. Expect one to pop up sometime soon.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Yeah, I frequent Wiseguy's thread, so I've been made familiar. It's one of my least favorite Geno pics, though.

The hair and cloak have some very odd textures, especially around the collar. Everything else, mainly the wood graining (around the eyes), is pretty cool.

I'll have to conjure up some Geno art sometime soon. I've been working on so many art projects lately that I've had little time to indulge. Expect one to pop up sometime soon.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of it either. It's just his official art with some textures slapped on. And I never really liked the official art...>_>

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
Hey all....I just joined these forums and saw a Geno thread and i almost died of happiness lol i've always loved Geno but i never knew he had this many fans :laugh:

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
welcome to the forums and to the geno thread
(cmon page 300!)

Edit: Cmon now theres nothing wrong with Mallow... hes the black mage of the group...he gets to pew pew with Star Rain Lazors!

Nah just kidding with the lazer bit, but still...he can do a lot of damage across the screen, specially when you are facing enemies with element weaknesses (My first time doing Culex...my party was Mario, Peach, and Mallow... he didnt stand a chance lol... of course Mario Geno and Bowser is more fun though)

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Today's update kinda depressed me.... I was hoping so much for it to be Geno when i seen the "newcomer" banner... and it wasn't. I can't wait much longer, Sakurai.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Croco would be a more appropriate mini-boss for Mallow, seeing how he stole Mallow's frog coin and, consequently, suffered a beat down from Mario.

I'd place my vote for Exor or Bowyer as a mini-boss and have Smithy be his primary adversary.

Think about it. You would have to bring Exor down to zero stamina and then Geno Whirl him in the head (tip of the hilt) to strike the final blow. Classic!

Then Geno discovers that Smithy has been supplying the Subspace Emissary with an almost unlimited supply of soldiers. He takes the portal through Exor's mouth to confront him in a final showdown.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Croco would be a more appropriate mini-boss for Mallow, seeing how he stole Mallow's frog coin and, consequently, suffered a beat down from Mario.

I'd place my vote for Exor or Bowyer as a mini-boss and have Smithy be his primary adversary.

Think about it. You would have to bring Exor down to zero stamina and then Geno Whirl him in the head (tip of the hilt) to strike the final blow. Classic!

Then Geno discovers that Smithy has been supplying the Subspace Emissary with an almost unlimited supply of soldiers. He takes the portal through Exor's mouth to confront him in a final showdown.
Yes i like this.. but take out the fight with Exor and just make him a portal.

Geno's boss is Bowyer since that's the first boss you fight with him, and it seems to be Geno's worst enemy. (That or Smithy)

The weapon supplying idea is pretty cool. But to tell the truth. I don't care what his story is as along as he is in.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I know, I know. I was simply typing out my thoughts on, if he were to have his own story, something that would apply directly to his character.
yeah, I'm not shooting down your ideas.. they ARE good. I'm just saying I don't care what it is as long as he's in :p

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
oh wow, I'll join. Been a Geno fan since SMRPG came out. I even shelled out 40 bucks for the game b/c I didn't want to wait for it to come out on the Wii >_>; Here's hoping he makes it in Brawl!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
oh wow, I'll join. Been a Geno fan since SMRPG came out. I even shelled out 40 bucks for the game b/c I didn't want to wait for it to come out on the Wii >_>; Here's hoping he makes it in Brawl!
*high fives* You are epic, my friend.

About the story line... my brain has been overloaded with so many images of Geno's Subspace cutscene, I've just given in and decided to wait for Brawl.

Smithy as Geno's main villain would FTW, as usual.

Axem Rangers for mini-boss!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I remember when I got Super Mario RPG . . . I used to work for Funcoland, and I won a contest for sales records. The winner got to ring up any game in the store for free. I picked SMRPG.

Before that, I used to rent it every week from the day it first came out. My buddies and I had some great times with this game.

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
I've had the SNES version since it came out but i've had exactly 800 wii points saved up since last xmas to buy it on virtual console...i still have those 800 points lol

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie
I have 800 points reserved for SMRPG as well, even tho I already own a working copy of a SNES version. The game is just that good.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I don't even have my Wii yet . . . *sob*

Should have one by the end of the year though. ^_^

Edit: I also have an SNES and a working copy of SMRPG, along with Chrono Trigger, Rock 'n' Roll Racing, Kirby Superstar, Ogre Battle, Megaman X (also 2 and 3), etc . . .

I'm a big fan of the SNES era.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Probably getting one at Christmas! 'Gonna get Super Mario Galaxy or something first

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I don't even have my Wii yet . . . *sob*

Should have one by the end of the year though. ^_^

Edit: I also have an SNES and a working copy of SMRPG, along with Chrono Trigger, Rock 'n' Roll Racing, Kirby Superstar, Ogre Battle, Megaman X (also 2 and 3), etc . . .

I'm a big fan of the SNES era.
Here's hoping you get it. Will you be buying a game along with it?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I've always theorized that Geno's confirmation into Brawl will happen near the time either a release date for SMRPG on the VC is set. And since SMRPG will be released on the VC this year, THE UPDATE should be happening soon. ^^

Super Mario Whirled, I love that new banner you made. ^^ I don't think it looks "gaudy"; I think it looks like Geno if he was animated instead of 3D-ed.

When I saw the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner this morning I got super excited because I thought it would be Geno. Then I saw that it was Dedede, and realized how much higher Geno's chances have come.

THE UPDATE is coming soon; I can feel it. And when that update comes I'm going to cry tears of joy.

Geno for Brawl! <3

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to pick up Mario Galaxy first, but I will definately scoop up Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess (even though I've already beaten it).
Yeah Galaxy looks great...and I highly suggest MP3 i just bought it last week and it's way better than i thought it would be :)

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I've always theorized that Geno's confirmation into Brawl will happen near the time either a release date for SMRPG on the VC is set. And since SMRPG will be released on the VC this year, THE UPDATE should be happening soon. ^^

Super Mario Whirled, I love that new banner you made. ^^ I don't think it looks "gaudy"; I think it looks like Geno if he was animated instead of 3D-ed.

When I saw the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner this morning I got super excited because I thought it would be Geno. Then I saw that it was Dedede, and realized how much higher Geno's chances have come.

THE UPDATE is coming soon; I can feel it. And when that update comes I'm going to cry tears of joy.

Geno for Brawl! <3
I agree with this whole post..especially the thing about the "warning, Challenger approaching" I did the exact same thing.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
He's teasing us; I swear. >_> I can't take much more of this. @@

I'm hoping he makes THE UPDATE soon. Just thinking about how he's going to look gets me so excited . . . xD

I'm going to guess that Geno's going to be confirmed sometime next month. Wouldn't it be cool if he got confirmed on Halloween though? xD

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe he'll get revealed Dec. 25....i don't know about you i can't think of a better christmas present :chuckle:
That would be the most awesome Christmas present ever. <3

But I don't know if I can wait that long . . . ;_; Sakurai's torture is driving me up a wall as is . . .

Top Bottom