• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's no villain. And if he is, he's a lovable one. Vesper, stop being such a negative nancy. Wasn't Geno after Dedede on the poll? 'Nuff said.
Yeah I know he's not, but he's still my favorite Kirby character! ...Way over Kirby!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Geno is in Brawl if Nintendo was able to get them rights from Squenix. Sakurai is really going by this poll...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW everyone, have you all read the Blog entry on Geno yet?

Geno - Here’s an interesting one. A character that actually belongs to Square, but belongs in the Marioverse. What does Sakurai think? Well, actually, he’s intrigued. Geno is tied for second as well, and Sakurai has been noted as asking around for what the character is like. When he starts asking, it’s a good thing, btw. It means he’s bothering to learn who they are But Geno has been mentioned many-a-times, and Sakurai is listening to hard to each suggestion. And he’s yet to turn them down. That’s something, right?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
During the updates, I always slowly look to see what color they are and then proceed to read them. I was thinking please be Geno, and then I suddenly saw the New character picture. I got an erection but then it collapsed when I saw it wasn't Geno. Still Dedede's pretty cool.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
you sir...have never played SMRPG....

Theres no way you could have if you truely believe Geno was a horrible character....

Hell... I beat the final level Jynx fight at level 14 with Mario, Mallow, and Geno in my party (thats right...no Peach and no Lazy Shells). I beat Culex and Smithy both at level 17 with a party build of Mario Bowser and Geno too... (the bosses didnt last very long... they both hit so so hard with Geno Boost).

Geno is purely the most amzing "red mage" type char in the game. His attacking magic can be unbeatable in cases (lol geno whirl) and his defensive magic can make everyone else untouchable also (mmmm timed boost). Give him the right equipment (a feather is usually nice on geno so he gets first cast) and you have yourself a lean, mean ***-kicking machine.

Don't get me wrong, all 5 characters from SMRPG are great when geared correctly, but Geno just has the flare to him that makes him that much better. He is without a doubt a very deserving character for a Brawl spot, not to mention (and this is sretching it) a true sequal to SMRPG.
No, Geno sucks. He gets killed way too easily. Getting killed = bad, because then your team has to waste time reviving him. If you need offense, go Bowser, who has tons more HP and Defense. Your other party member should be Peach, who has hax healing. Geno out. He's only usable while the other members of your team don't include Peach and Bowser. Best team = Mario, Peach, Bowser. Not kidding. Geno needs massive amounts of FP to be usable, and dies quickly. Bowser doesn't need FP since he's got the strongest melee attacks. Your other party member should be Peach too. Why use Geno?

Are people suggesting Mario should be in Smash...

...cause I have to say that's a pretty dumb thing to say...

"Mario should be the character in Smash"

I dunno, just maybe he HAS been in Smash since Smash 64. Bowser and Peach since Melee.

Geno was one of the most powerful members of your team. He had more to do with the story than ANY of the characters and was the major catalyst in the storyline, extending it to an actual reason behind defeating Smithy other than "He's the bad guy".

Geno is also the only original character FROM that game that has reappeared in another game, Mario & Luigi: Super saga, although a cameo appearance...that's more than Mallow ever did.

...and as for Mario not needing any more people from it's franchise...why? Doc is most likely gone so that's one less character. Besides, it's the largest selling of ANY Nintendo franchise and the addition of such a unique character to the roster wouldn't hurt the roster at all.
Cameo guy? Then why not make him and Assist Trophy? It'll make tons more sense. Brawl would clearly be waaaaay too Mario oriented if Geno was put in Brawl. It's just my opinion really, but I think there is a reason they didn't make Lyn playable. Not the best representation of her universe. For similar notions, I highly doubt Geno is going to be playable. NO, he's going to be in Brawl, that I can say is likely, but more like an assist trophy pls.

I've already stated as to why Geno sucks in his game in my previous statement.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, Geno sucks. He gets killed way too easily. Getting killed = bad, because then your team has to waste time reviving him. If you need offense, go Bowser, who has tons more HP and Defense. Your other party member should be Peach, who has hax healing. Geno out. He's only usable while the other members of your team don't include Peach and Bowser. Best team = Mario, Peach, Bowser. Not kidding. Geno needs massive amounts of FP to be usable, and dies quickly. Bowser doesn't need FP since he's got the strongest melee attacks. Your other party member should be Peach too. Why use Geno?

Cameo guy? Then why not make him and Assist Trophy? It'll make tons more sense. Brawl would clearly be waaaaay too Mario oriented if Geno was put in Brawl. It's just my opinion really, but I think there is a reason they didn't make Lyn playable. Not the best representation of her universe. For similar notions, I highly doubt Geno is going to be playable. NO, he's going to be in Brawl, that I can say is likely, but more like an assist trophy pls.

I've already stated as to why Geno sucks in his game in my previous statement.
If your Geno is getting killed too easily in Mario RPG you must really be bad at it...

Better attack/ speed but lower defense/ Hp = kill the enemy before they can even do the damage.

Anyway I don't even care because everyone that scored high on Sakurai's poll so far is playable and Geno is tied for 2nd with Ike, Diddy and Ridley!

I also have confirmed Information that Sakurai has looked into Geno!!! Assist trophy, Ha! Not likely...Geno PC all the way!

BTW Lyn was not in because she is not liked and Ike is the rep, not Eliwood

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If your Geno is getting killed too easily in Mario RPG you must really be bad at it...

Better attack/ speed but lower defense/ Hp = kill the enemy before they can even do the damage.

Anyway I don't even care because everyone that scored high on Sakurai's poll so far is playable and Geno is tied for 2nd with Ike, Diddy and Ridley!

I also have confirmed Information that Sakurai has looked into Geno!!! Assist trophy, Ha! Not likely...Geno PC all the way!

BTW Lyn was not in because she is not liked and Ike is the rep, not Eliwood
Bosses yo. He's definitely not getting off without taking some good hits.

No, Lyn actually has supporters. Lyn is storyline fanservice, that is why she didn't get in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bosses yo. He's definitely not getting off without taking some good hits.

No, Lyn actually has supporters. Lyn is storyline fanservice, that is why she didn't get in.
If you have a good healer...AKA Peach, and Geno/ Mario as the attackers...Bosses shouldn't be a problem.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you have a good healer...AKA Peach, and Geno/ Mario as the attackers...Bosses shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, Mario has waaaay better special attacks than anyone (action commands anyone?). Geno again obsoleted. =P

As for healing Geno, usually I end up having to heal him at least twice a round to keep him breathing during tough battles. Hmmm....That means either Mario isn't using his hax special attacks, or GENO isn't using his attacks LOL! Bowser pls.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Besides, Mario has waaaay better special attacks than anyone (action commands anyone?). Geno again obsoleted. =P

As for healing Geno, usually I end up having to heal him at least twice a round to keep him breathing during tough battles. Hmmm....That means either Mario isn't using his hax special attacks, or GENO isn't using his attacks LOL! Bowser pls.
You are REALLY bad at that game...

Geno has the highest attack out of any character...Mario only overcomes him if he has the Lazy Shell equipped. Bowser is only a defensive wall...but that is worthless if you have Peach equipped with the Lazy shell (Armor)...

Geno with Geno Flash deals massive damage to all enemies with his highest attack and with the highest speed, he is assured to attack first to deliver the finishing blow before the enemy can strike even if his HP gets low. Plus, he's the only character that can boost other characters stats.

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
Comparing Geno to Lyn is one of the dumbest things I think I may have EVER heard....Lyn was not even on the ******* poll.....................

plus, she was just a stupid "Generic Anime Sword Fighting Woman"...OOoOOoOoOOo so interesting. She is just there to make people happy because she was in a fire emblem game....which I may add after melee created an annoying bandwagon.

Geno is a Toy doll that is possessed by a star from outer space that can shoot out of his arms, fingers, elbows, and can launch his arms off.

OH did I mention he can turn into a canon and shoot out a sun that supernovas.??? ya...Lyn has absolute Dog **** on Geno

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You are REALLY bad at that game...

Geno has the highest attack out of any character...Mario only overcomes him if he has the Lazy Shell equipped. Bowser is only a defensive wall...but that is worthless if you have Peach equipped with the Lazy shell (Armor)...

Geno with Geno Flash deals massive damage to all enemies with his highest attack and with the highest speed, he is assured to attack first to deliver the finishing blow before the enemy can strike even if his HP gets low. Plus, he's the only character that can boost other characters stats.
Nah, Mario is still technically better since his special attacks get infinites.

You're kidding right? Geno Flash really only works on normal enemies...

Okay I guess you have a good point in boosting stats. *shrug*I guess I gotta play SMRPG again. ><

I'm still holding fast to the fact that SSBB is NOT a Mario game. X_X

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, Mario is still technically better since his special attacks get infinites.

You're kidding right? Geno Flash really only works on normal enemies...

Okay I guess you have a good point in boosting stats. *shrug*I guess I gotta play SMRPG again. ><

I'm still holding fast to the fact that SSBB is NOT a Mario game. X_X

Whether it is or not, you can't really expect SSBB to have LESS Mario characters than SSBM....Mario is the best selling franchise Nintendo has. Geno also is the number 1 voted Mario character on the poll.

Geno Flash deals massive damage to even bosses, though I guess i's relative on what boss. Geno whirl is of course useful for everyone and kills Exor/ Any normal enemy in 1 hit

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What the ****, Geno whirl actually works on bosses? Blast, I've tried that thing several times and never got it to work on bosses. Tis probably why I never really liked Geno. But @ normal enemies lol.

Okay fine, I really need to play SMRPG again. ><

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the ****, Geno whirl actually works on bosses? Blast, I've tried that thing several times and never got it to work on bosses. Tis probably why I never really liked Geno. But @ normal enemies lol.

Okay fine, I really need to play SMRPG again. ><
Unfortunetly the only bosses it works on are Exor and some of the Machine Made...though those kinda count as regular enemies (But are listed officially as bosses)

Fawriel

Smash Master
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ

^^^
Main reason why Geno needs to be in Brawl.

Hmm, Sakurai might have decided to start revealing unlockable characters. First Snake, whom we all knew about, then Sonic, who was really the most requested ( at least of the 3rd party characters ), and now Dedede, whom we all expected................

Things are looking good for Geno. But since he's technically 3rd party and there are already 3 known Mario characters and Luigi would probably be revealed before him, I wouldn't count on Geno too soon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so, Psycho, about that quote you posted.. was it an official or so? or rather, what kind of source did you get it from?
It's official, it's from the Smash Blog on this site...BTW...

The link is posted on the second to last page of the Sakurai's poll thread by Chepe if you want to see for yourself

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What? Wow, that's a ****load of support from fans if Geno is officially playable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What? Wow, that's a ****load of support from fans if Geno is officially playable.
Unfortunetly the only thing confirmed was that Sakurai was VERY interested in the character...Apparently when Sakurai starts asking around about a character it's a VERY good sign.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well lol, going about your last point how there can't be fewer Mario characters than were in Melee, there were seven in Melee, and there are already seven (including Diddy) confirmed in Brawl. There'd be eight if Luigi makes it, so lol, Geno looks less critical to me. =P

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well lol, going about your last point how there can't be fewer Mario characters than were in Melee, there were seven in Melee, and there are already seven (including Diddy) confirmed in Brawl. There'd be eight if Luigi makes it, so lol, Geno looks less critical to me. =P
Diddy was NEVER a Mario character...He has only been in the DK universe. Donkey Kong may have started with Jump man but evolved in his own series.

THere were only Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Peach, and Bowser. Now that Doc is most likely gone...Geno is fully welcome in

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yoshi uses the Yoshi egg lol. DK uses his DK symbol LOL. Both have undeniably been in Mario games. Seeing Diddy's increasing roles in various other Mario franchise games (sports themed games admittedly, which are nonetheless fully Mario games anyway), I think he's Mario franchise.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yoshi uses the Yoshi egg lol. DK uses his DK symbol LOL. Both have undeniably been in Mario games. Seeing Diddy's increasing roles in various other Mario franchise games (sports themed games admittedly, which are nonetheless fully Mario games anyway), I think he's Mario franchise.
He was created in the DK franchise and is only used in DK games...

Diddy has only appeared with Mario in side games. Side games doesn't make him a mario character. And since Yoshi uses his own icon for some odd reason, I'm not including him as a Mario character either

Top Bottom