• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does Japan even celebrate Halloween?

It'll probably blow right over, and Sakurai will look back and say, "I missed it?! When?!"
Not as much as America but it is celebrated some in Japan. Knew enough about it to put some stuff in some games and anime's. It's celebrated some in Europe too apparently

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Heh. If I wasn't too old to go trick or treating (or if I could actually find a costume) I'd be Geno for Halloween.

Hey, does anybody remember those old Super Mario cartoons that were on TV for a little while? I remember watching Super Mario World everyday before I went to preschool... ah, the memories. What if they had made a SMRPG cartoon? That would be too freakin' cool: to see Geno in 90's cartoon style, and with a voice to boot!

I vow, that if I ever gain some sort of expertise in the art of cartoon-making, I will make a SMRPG series.

Oh, dear Lord... XD

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Hey, does anybody remember those old Super Mario cartoons that were on TV for a little while? I remember watching Super Mario World everyday before I went to preschool... ah, the memories. What if they had made a SMRPG cartoon? That would be too freakin' cool: to see Geno in 90's cartoon style, and with a voice to boot!

I vow, that if I ever gain some sort of expertise in the art of cartoon-making, I will make a SMRPG series.
I remember the old Super Mario cartoons! xD I even have the first season of The Super Mario Bros Super Show. xD

An SMRPG cartoon would be made of so much win. <3 And Geno with a voice . . . I'm dying to know what his voice would sound like. O_O

The banner I'm using right now is how I imagine Geno would look if he was animated. xD

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
It's always amazed me how video game franchises can be so popular and so successful...yet every time they try to make a tv show/movie about them it tanks horribly lol...like the super mario bros. super show...*cringe*

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
It's always amazed me how video game franchises can be so popular and so successful...yet every time they try to make a tv show/movie about them it tanks horribly lol...like the super mario bros. super show...*cringe*
I used to watch that at my grandmom's house when I was little. xD But the live action Luigi scares me now for some reason. o_O

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Nothing, nothing, would be able to compare with a cartoon series like that. Of course, Nintendo probably didn't make one because it actually had a plot... (No offense to the awesome cartoons of old age, but, "Mama Luigi"? XD Actually, that episode was over 9000 times better than the junk we see on TV today...)

Don't even get me started on the Super Mario Brothers movie...

Those goombas gave me nightmares for weeks on end.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
It's always amazed me how video game franchises can be so popular and so successful...yet every time they try to make a tv show/movie about them it tanks horribly lol
IT'S A STONE LUIGI, YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT!

Also anyone else notice this?

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Geno is practically a SHOE-IN!

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
Nothing, nothing, would be able to compare with a cartoon series like that. Of course, Nintendo probably didn't make one because it actually had a plot... (No offense to the awesome cartoons of old age, but, "Mama Luigi"? XD Actually, that episode was over 9000 times better than the junk we see on TV today...)

Don't even get me started on the Super Mario Brothers movie...

Those goombas gave me nightmares for weeks on end.
They're loyal lethal and stupid XD

and yes...i must agree with you on the Mama Luigi...and not just because i love saying OVER 9000!!! lol

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
An SMRPG cartoon still would have owned even if it was just a bunch of random cartoons/adventures because the characters and storylines are just that awesome.

Today's "cartoons" = crap. Nothing but the same mindless repetitive garbage.

King Koopa in the Super Mario Bros movie looks like the egotistical and controlling jerk that my younger sister is dating. >_<

And those goombas were creepy looking. >_<

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Reposting because people can't see it on the last page D=

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Geno is practically a SHOE-IN!

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
Your younger sister is dating a guy 80 years older than her? Creepy.

On topic: What is everyone's favorite weapon/ability that Geno uses?
For weapon i'd have to say the star gun...and ability would be between geno whirl/geno flash...gotta love rainbow colored beams that can cause seizures XD

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

No, but he looks very similar to him. Especially that hideous nose. >_<

As for favorite weapons and such . . . Are we talking regular weapons, magic or both?

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, "SMRPG: The Cartoon!" would've been cool no matter what.

Anime's cool too, as long as you don't morph into one of those "OMFG laWL those boyz are kawwwwaaaii yaoi! lulz" mutated excuses for people. And I only say this because people have destroyed my images of my childhood heroes time after time with their bishonen fanart. This includes Geno.

Geno's best fighting feature was his star guns, in my opinion. Man, I love those things... so many... stars...

Also anyone else notice this?

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
No offense to the Ridley guys out there, but I can only see Ridley in Brawl as a boss. Yes, he is badass, but now that the heavyweight spots have been taken...

Geno = Confirmed. *raises fist to the heavens* For the Win!

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Ridley just seems too awkward as a character and i can't really think of a good moveset for him...plus like you said we don't really need anymore heavyweights

Sponge

Smash Journeyman

Thats a tough one, I'll go with what Super Mario Whirled suggested, his badass star guns =p.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
My favorites? I like the Star Gun the best for the regular attacks, and as for his special my favorite is the Geno Blast. I love all the colorful beams falling from the heavens. xD

Ridley I can see as a boss, but not really as a PC. What would his moveset be? =/

As for fanart, I've seen some good stuff, but others have disturbed me quite a bit. Once I accidentally ran into a picture of Mallow that I did not want to see . . . >_< *cringes*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No offense to the Ridley guys out there, but I can only see Ridley in Brawl as a boss. Yes, he is badass, but now that the heavyweight spots have been taken...
Wait...there are a set limit of characters for weight classes? And even if that WERE true, how would we know that DK, Bowser, Ike, and Dedede are the ONLY heavy characters?

Geno = Confirmed. *raises fist to the heavens* For the Win!
For the F-ING win!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I wouldn't knock Ridley's chances. Technically, he has more a right to be in the game than Geno, and I would expect him to be confirmed first. He has a lot of potential, and he could (will, for you fans out there) be a very cool addition to Brawl.

Just remember, Ridley is to them what Geno is to us. Both are great characters that should be on this roster.

Edit:

My favorites? I like the Star Gun the best for the regular attacks, and as for his special my favorite is the Geno Blast. I love all the colorful beams falling from the heavens. xD
That's Geno Flash, actually.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Wait...there are a set limit of characters for weight classes? And even if that WERE true, how would we know that DK, Bowser, Ike, and Dedede are the ONLY heavy characters?
Well, there isn't... not really. But like I said, I just can't see him as a PC over a boss.

That's just my opinion, and I know Geno : us :: Ridley : them, so I respect all you Ridley fans out there.

...Anyways, I don't want to turn his thread anti-_____ for any reason whatsoever. Except for Waluigi. But that was a point proven long ago.

D

Deleted member

Geno Blast is a great move. Geno Whirl is epic ans Geno Flash is legendary. Geno Flash is definately gonna be his Final Smash.

OLD NEWS:
Yaa! Dedede is in Brawl *shot*

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
i got skilz when it comes to editing....

para you made my day. hats off to you. :suess: good show. *clap clap* ... no you deservre better than this you get... A geno cookie!

*gives you geno cookie and looks antisapating* "i worked all night on that cookie.. the splinters were espesaly for you...:):):):)loooooove:):):):)meeeee!:):):):):):):) lol

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
para you made my day. hats off to you. :suess: good show. *clap clap* ... no you deservre better than this you get... A geno cookie!

*insert Geno cookie here*

*gives you geno cookie and looks antisapating* "i worked all night on that cookie.. the splinters were espesaly for you...:):):):)loooooove:):):):)meeeee!:):):):):):):) lol
:laugh:

*pokes the Geno cookie*

paralasalud

Smash Ace

*eats cookie as "thank you!" bubble appears from head.*
wa-ching!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm adding that to the wiki!

Also before the star enetered the doll I loved how Geno took out Mario with 1 blast XD

Snakz

Smash Ace
Favorite weapons/magic of Geno's? well obviously the most powerful ones, but in terms of concept, Geno Blast (colored beams from the sky) is my favorite magic attack and Finger shot is my favorite weapon

I cant decide what im going to do first after i stop dancing in the streets when Geno's profile is revealed, bust on the haters who doubted Geno, or rejoice in our thread

It just occurred to me, if for some strange reason Sakurai hides Geno from us until release (which the odds for that are pretty much impossible causes he wants to be the first to reveal the full roster) We wouldn't have to wait until Feb. 10th, we could find out from info from the Japanese on Jan 25th (cause SSBB ships on the 24th and be in shelves on the 25th.)

Top Bottom