• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie
First off, about Mario RPG:
It was the first RPG style game to use Mario, and was one of the best games ever for the SNES (rivaling giants like Chrono Trigger and FFVI). It used a revolutionary (at the time) pseudo 3d-graphics thing by making everything isometric. All attacks and moves used "action commands" which would improve the move depending on when you pressed or how long you held a button. It was the first game to have Bowser as a playable character, and was the origin of the characters Mallow, and, of course, Geno.
Its story was that a tyrant from another dimension, Smithy, had broken the Star Road (and Bowser's Castle) with the evil living sword, Exor. The star road had been shattered into seven rainbow-colored stars, and it became Mario's mission to save Peach, retrieve the Stars, defeat Smithy, and repair the Star Road, all while meeting strange and humorous characters, such as the Power Axem Rangers, and the rest of Smithy's weapon-like minions. (as well as struggling with a bout of Silent Protragonist Syndrome)

Geno is actually a star-being from the Star Road who "serves... a higher authority", and is tasked with the retrieval of the Seven Stars. He meets Mario in the Forest Maze, tracking down Smithy's minion, Bowyer. He inhabits a little girl's scarecrow doll, and as his real name ( ♥♪!?) is hard to pronounce, he takes on the doll's name, Geno. Geno is a fairly awesome character in battle, using his powers to manipulate the doll's body into various weapons, all of them some form of ordinance or otherworldly power. One of his most infamous moves is the Geno Whirl, which if timed right will deal an instant 9999 damage to any non-boss enemy (As well as clones of Yardrovitch and, most famously, Exor). He is an extremely cool character due mainly to his cool design, awesome moves, bad*** personality (those are just asterisks), and incredibly cool background.
Nice, Id say he knows plenty. One thing tho, wasn't Gaz a guy? Kinda hard to tell with those mushroom children...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Guys thanks for making my post about the arguements clear on the wiki page =)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I'm troubled by something - near the end of SMRPG, Bowser threatens Geno, that he'll 'rip his stuffing out'.

Any chance that we've been wrong all along about Geno's composition, and he ISN'T made of wood?
definitely made of wood. the animations in SMRPG of his arms opening, unfolding, shooting, etc, wouldn't work with a body made with stuffing. also, stuffing would fly out instead of stars/bullets/pellets

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Foz, I'm fine with you using my picture in your sig but I kinda wished you had asked....

When you put a picture on the internet it's up for grabs. You should be honored he is using it.

Anyway, I think Geno is next in line to be the shocker character. If there was only one character that I could guarantee 100% would be in the game then it would be Geno.

Great Possible Moveset. Storyline fits. Amazing personality.

Why wouldn't you use him?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
When you put a picture on the internet it's up for grabs. You should be honored he is using it.

Anyway, I think Geno is next in line to be the shocker character. If there was only one character that I could guarantee 100% would be in the game then it would be Geno.

actually once you put something on the internet you get an artist's copyright. it's something that's changed a while ago, but yeah. :ohwell: while it is "up for grabs" permission is always nice. i just know where jesterbox is coming from.

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Exactly. *Geno nod* :chuckle::laugh:

D

Deleted member

Foz, I'm fine with you using my picture in your sig but I kinda wished you had asked....
I thought I sent you a OM if I could use it. I waited for a reply but I got nothing and I thought it was already cool with you. I apologize for the mis convenience but I swear I sent you a PM. I sent you a new one.

Again, I apologize dearly.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno can't walljump or crawl, cause he's too heavy to wall jump and crawling looks odd for him.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
crawling would be fine. Kirby crawling would be awkward too, since he has hardly any body.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Can't imagine him crawling, can anyone here can?

Wall jumping, isn't he heavy? Or is he light?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Maybe he is medium? If so maybe he could wall jump...but crawling...can imagine him crawling now...arms out, elbows bent, head looking foward...hmmm

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have the link to where it says Geno is Second and a half party? I kinda need it ASAP

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I thought I sent you a OM if I could use it. I waited for a reply but I got nothing and I thought it was already cool with you. I apologize for the mis convenience but I swear I sent you a PM. I sent you a new one.

Again, I apologize dearly.
Don't worry about it. It's cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno can act heavy AND have a high speed...Remember Fox?

Though I can't imagine him weighing that much

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
if he's heavy and fast like Fox and Captain Falcon I'll have trouble using him... he better be Marth's speed and weight. maybe a little faster.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Indeed, chances are Geno would have to be light, so as to fly away faster - recall how terrible his defense is in SMRPG? That's really the only way to equal out his combo of power AND speed AND long-range attacks.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
Realistically, what are Geno's chances of being in Brawl? I really want him to be in, but I fear he may not. First off, he is owned by square isn't he? If he's not, that would up his chances but not by much. He was only in one game, and that game is not too well known by today's average gamer. I really want him to be in, but I just don't see it happening.

Thoughts?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Realistically, what are Geno's chances of being in Brawl? I really want him to be in, but I fear he may not. First off, he is owned by square isn't he? If he's not, that would up his chances but not by much. He was only in one game, and that game is not too well known by today's average gamer. I really want him to be in, but I just don't see it happening.

Thoughts?

Pretty **** high...at this point there is no reason Geno could not be in Brawl other than strange variables and things unpredictable happening...

Why would being owned by nintendo and not Square only raise his chances slightly? He would be 100% assured if that was true.

Square is the only real problem but I don't think it's a major one...Sakurai could figure that out

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Pretty **** high...at this point there is no reason Geno could not be in Brawl other than strange variables and things unpredictable happening...

Why would being owned by nintendo and not Square only raise his chances slightly? He would be 100% assured if that was true.

Square is the only real problem but I don't think it's a major one...Sakurai could figure that out
Well said. I hope to god Geno makes it.. if not... 2 years of supporting..wasted. He better make it.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
GenoStirke the link is in the rant on the first page. Also 2 years of support will not have been all wasted. Think about, we got people interested in him, we were able to use logic and reason to fend off people who don't know him, we even have people interested in the gaem again. Also we made a small community here and the allience consists of us. Supporters. Friends.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
GenoStirke the link is in the rant on the first page. Also 2 years of support will not have been all wasted. Think about, we got people interested in him, we were able to use logic and reason to fend off people who don't know him, we even have people interested in the gaem again. Also we made a small community here and the allience consists of us. Supporters. Friends.
However, if Geno doesn't get in, then that's it - this is really SMRPG's last chance of a revival.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
kk thanks. But if he's not in.. we won't have the chance of an smrpg sequel or Geno ever making another appearence again. This is his last chance.

D

Deleted member

kk thanks. But if he's not in.. we won't have the chance of an smrpg sequel or Geno ever making another appearence again. This is his last chance.
Look on the bright side. What are the chances of him not getting in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...The Waluigi people are actually starting a club thing...:confused:

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry ive been away for a couple days, been all over the place

Has anyone wanted to join the Alliance??

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey guys, sorry ive been away for a couple days, been all over the place

Has anyone wanted to join the Alliance??
Yes a couple pages back someone wrote two paragraphs about Geno and stuff proving he should join...

Enlong or something I think

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
This alliance is awesome, I'm glad I can finally discuss Geno with civilized people without being flamed. I love you guys. *Geno Hug*

Top Bottom