• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official G&W Q&A & Random Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
EDIT: This thread was originally entitled "New G&W user has questions...", and it served to answer several questions I had. Now that it has more posts than the official Q&A (it is actually in the top 10 threads that have been responded to within the past week, in regards to replies), I'm changing its purpose. This thread will (hopefully) revitalize the very close to dead G&W boards. And quite frankly, Game & Watch isn't noob-friendly enough to warrant excessive amounts of stupid spam; because of this, we need a place where we can just...chill.

And without further ado, I present to you...

THE OFFICIAL G&W Q&A & RANDOM CHAT THREAD!

:D

Answered questions (the numbered ones were my original 16):

Hi Game&Watch boards, I'm MK26, or MaestroKirby26. I'm relatively new to the boards, as I never got Melee. I generally hang around the Kirby boards, as Kirby is my main (note name:laugh:). I second Sheik, and to a lesser extent ROB and Bowser. I recently decided to pick up Mr. Game&Watch, and I have a bunch of questions to ask you all about G&W play.

1) First off, how do you write out Mr. Game&Watch? This is more personal preference than anything. Specifically, do you write it with '&' or 'and'? With or without the 'Mr.' when noting alphabetical order? Short form GaW or G&W? Stuff like that.

"I use G&W. GaW, GW, Mr G&W are all acceptable. "Gangsta Watch" is preferable though."
_______

2) What is it, in your opinion, that make G&W so good, and makes him have good matchups across the board against the lower tiers?

"Over powered smashes and a great aerial game"
_______

3) Does G&W have a consensus worst matchup? What are the ones that I'm particularly looking out for, and may need to counterpick?

"Snake, and to a lesser extent, Toon Link"
_______

4) Is his Neutral-B or Side-B more useful in general? I like running up to the opponent, jumping backward, and throwing out a sausage or two before advancing once more. Is this an effective tactic?

"Neither is used in competetive play. Neutral B is too laggy and Side B is too unreliable, not to mention the range sucks. Side B out of a dthrow techchase can be useful at low percents if you feel lucky..."
"Chef isn't quite useless; it's just really niche use. For instance, if your opponent is being inhibited by the conveyors on Pokemon Stadium 2 and you are in the middle, it's a good time to throw out a few pieces of food. I really like it on Green Greens (Mr. Game & Watch's happy camping land) to assault the side platforms from the center. You can stop it well before most characters have any chance at all to punish you, and it forces them to try to make what is probably a bad approach."
_______

5) Do all of the opponents you play know how to tech the D-throw? Among the ones that do, what are your best options?

"At first, they didn't know, but they firgured out to tech now, so yes, all of my opponents CAN tech (they don't always techroll; its part of mindgames, etc.) Best options? Techchase and usmash or side b, if you feel lucky. If you notice they prefer getup attacks instead of techroll, SH above their attack and dair for a free 20%"
_______

6) Do you juggle with the air column effect of the u-air or do you use the damaging part as well? After you have juggled your opponent, what is your favourite move to either continue the juggle or make a kill attempt?

"Juggling with the air column refreshes your moves, which is very good. Uair into Up b is nice, which can then be combo'd into dair, nair, etc."
_______

7) Do you use dash grabs or running shield grabs?

"NEVER use dash grabs! Dash->Sheild->Grab is better. Generally you should try to grab, just wait for the opportunity to grab to present itself."
_______

8) Is it possible to shorten the lag you get when you bucket a projectile? If not, a Luigi could feasably fireball, goad you into Bucketing it, then Shoryuken your *** and kill you at 40%...D:

"No it is not possible to lag cancel the bucket. Don't use it at close range. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169446"
_______

9) Is the F-air a kill move or more of an all-purpose move, like Kirby's B-air?

"Fair is a killing move. G&W's bair is his all purpose, spammable move"
_______

10) What applications are there for the D-air?

"Everything! It has nice priority (watch out for TL's uair, which out prioritizes your dair) and gets you to the ground really fast"
_______

11) How about for his tilts?

"dtilt: amazing move. Very quick.
ftilt: eh...I sometimes use this to KO at higher percents, but I don't use this much
utilt: meh...good for juggling at low percents...you can string 3-4 together and then go for a nair =50% combo"
_______

12) Who are the 'pro' G&Ws that constantly place high in tourneys, and which of them have alot of current gameplay videos (yes, before you ask I've seen the Video Archive)?

"Hylain, lain, NoJ, xyz, more here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199350"
_______

13) Which threads on the board aren't stickied but are very helpful/reccomended reads?

"Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181294"
_______

14) Personally, what is your approximate percentage split of kill direction (up/side/down)?

"I kill off the top 50 % of the time (usmash) , off the side (with fsmash, ftilt, and fair) 30% of the time, and down (with downsmash?) 20 % of the time"
"And indeed, everyone plays different as my main kill move is definitely the Dsmash (55%) then the Usmash (40%) and last the Fsmash (5%) because if I don't kill my opponent with it his recovery is too easy and too hard to do anything about it."
_______

15) Do you ever deliberately overshoot the ledge while recovering in order to attack, and inadvertently suicide because the attack takes too long? That seems to happen to me alot.

"I did, but after getting used to G&W, I learned not to do that. It's just some adjusting to new characters."
_______

16) Does G&W have any universal counterpick stages, ones that he is good on no matter the opponent? How about bad stages that he should generally stay away from?

"He owns on corneria ( he can bucket the lasers ) and rainbow cruise. They have low ceilings and allow G&W to kill at 50-60% with his usmash. Bad stages...? meh. I don't know -__-"
"good imo:

-yoshi island brawl
-smashville

bad imo:

-final destination (bad edge)
-castle siege (also bad edge at the castle-part)

rest is neutral...."
"Bad edges aren't a problem with Mr. Game & Watch. Just recover correctly and you won't have to worry. Final Destination is pretty neutral for Mr. Game & Watch as is Castle Siege; he can't really exploit them, but there's not much there that hurts him"
_______

Q) how do you willingly slow fall?

"Im not sure of this, but if you hold down while performing Dair, you actually slowfall instead of fastfalling ( weird effect )"
"Yeah, it's hitting down while using the key. I think it's actually a bug; remember that Mr. Game & Watch can air control during his plunging down aerial unlike the others (like Toon Link). By hitting down, you are beginning to fastfall... which is slower than the key's plunging speed by quite a bit. If you are using the key right out of being hit you might fail to plunge at all (I think it has to do with using it while being forced upward), and then you could have the key out with your normal falling speed so the "automatic" slowfall won't even have the same speed as the standard one"
_______

Q) When writing out the characters in alphabetcial order, do you write it...

Fox
Game & Watch
Ganondorf

OR

Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness

?

And is it Game&Watch, Game & Watch, or Game and Watch?

"Just Game & Watch"
_______

*VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION, ASKED BY N00BS AROUND THE WORLD*

Q) What is G&W's F-air?

taken directly from the game & watch's manual (mario bros)

"We all know Mario who saved the beautiful girl form Donkey Kong. Now he's back with his brother Luigi, working in a bottling plant, loading cases on a belt conveyor. The conveyor carries the cases up for loading onto trucks."

This.

Not this.
Not this!
Not this!!
AND NOT THIS.

_______

Updated 10/22 up to page 2

K 2

Smash Lord
1. I use G&W. GaW, GW, Mr G&W are all acceptable. "Gangsta Watch" is preferable though.

2. Over powered smashes and a great aerial game

3. Snake, and to a lesser extent, Toon Link

4. Neither is used in competetive play. Neutral B is too laggy and Side B is too unreliable, not to mention the range sucks. Side B out of a dthrow techchase can be useful at low percents if you feel lucky...

5. At first, they didn't know, but they firgured out to tech now, so yes, all of my opponents CAN tech (they don't always techroll; its part of mindgames, etc.) Best options? Techchase and usmash or side b, if you feel lucky. If you notice they prefer getup attacks instead of techroll, SH above their attack and dair for a free 20%

6. Juggling with the air column refreshes your moves, which is very good. Uair into Up b is nice, which can then be combo'd into dair, nair, etc.

7. NEVER use dash grabs! Dash->Sheild->Grab is better. Generally you should try to grab, just wait for the opportunity to grab to present itself.

8. No it is not possible to lag cancel the bucket. Don't use it at close range. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169446&highlight=projectile+defense+guide

9. Fair is a killing move. G&W's bair is his all purpose, spammable move

10. Everything! It has nice priority (watch out for TL's uair, which out prioritizes your dair) and gets you to the ground really fast

11. dtilt: amazing move. Very quick.
ftilt: eh...I sometimes use this to KO at higher percents, but I don't use this much
utilt: meh...good for juggling at low percents...you can string 3-4 together and then go for a nair =50% combo

Neb

Smash Lord
1. I use G&W. GaW, GW, Mr G&W are all acceptable. "Gangsta Watch" is preferable though.

2. Over powered smashes and a great aerial game

3. Snake, and to a lesser extent, Toon Link

4. Neither is used in competetive play. Neutral B is too laggy and Side B is too unreliable, not to mention the range sucks. Side B out of a dthrow techchase can be useful at low percents if you feel lucky...

5. At first, they didn't know, but they firgured out to tech now, so yes, all of my opponents CAN tech (they don't always techroll; its part of mindgames, etc.) Best options? Techchase and usmash or side b, if you feel lucky. If you notice they prefer getup attacks instead of techroll, SH above their attack and dair for a free 20%

6. Juggling with the air column refreshes your moves, which is very good. Uair into Up b is nice, which can then be combo'd into dair, nair, etc.

7. NEVER use dash grabs! Dash->Sheild->Grab is better. Generally you should try to grab, just wait for the opportunity to grab to present itself.

8. No it is not possible to lag cancel the bucket. Don't use it at close range. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169446&highlight=projectile+defense+guide

9. Fair is a killing move. G&W's bair is his all purpose, spammable move

10. Everything! It has nice priority (watch out for TL's uair, which out prioritizes your dair) and gets you to the ground really fast

11. dtilt: amazing move. Very quick.
utilt: meh...good for juggling at low percents...you can string 3-4 together and then go for a nair =50% combo
He's got the right idea.
And chef sucks, >>,
>.>

K 2

Smash Lord
At first, when I read the title, I was about to rant "READ THE STICKIES, POST IN THE QUICK QUESTION, QUICK ANSWER THREAD", but after I saw the depth and complexity of your questions, I decided to answer them. Those were really good questions by the way, since most of them aren't answered in the guides/stickies. I HATE those one question threads...they are soo annoying.

MK26

Smash Master
Thanks for the compliment, K 2. I have a few more questions. #1 was going to be "Are the G&W boards really dead?" but I think that has been satisfactorily (spell-check approved lol) answered. You guys need a general chat thread.

Now, on to moar questions:

12) Who are the 'pro' G&Ws that constantly place high in tourneys, and which of them have alot of current gameplay videos (yes, before you ask I've seen the Video Archive)?

13) Which threads on the board aren't stickied but are very helpful/reccomended reads?

14) Personally, what is your approximate percentage split of kill direction (up/side/down)?

15) Do you ever deliberately overshoot the ledge while recovering in order to attack, and inadvertently suicide because the attack takes too long? That seems to happen to me alot.

16) Does G&W have any universal counterpick stages, ones that he is good on no matter the opponent? How about bad stages that he should generally stay away from?

Thanks.

K 2

Smash Lord
12. Hylain, lain, NoJ, xyz, more here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199350

13. Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181294

14. I kill off the top 50 % of the time (usmash) , off the side (with fsmash, ftilt, and fair) 30% of the time, and down (with downsmash?) 20 % of the time.

15. I did, but after getting used to G&W, I learned not to do that. It's just some adjusting to new characters.

16. He owns on corneria ( he can bucket the lasers ) and rainbow cruise. They have low ceilings and allow G&W to kill at 50-60% with his usmash. Bad stages...? meh. I don't know -__-

MK26

Smash Master
Um, I have a question, what's the Shoryuken?
Fire Jump Punch

Now that I think about it, this should be in the Q&A thread.
D:

12. Hylain, lain, NoJ, xyz, more here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199350

13. Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181294

14. I kill off the top 50 % of the time (usmash) , off the side (with fsmash, ftilt, and fair) 30% of the time, and down (with downsmash?) 20 % of the time.

15. I did, but after getting used to G&W, I learned not to do that. It's just some adjusting to new characters.

16. He owns on corneria ( he can bucket the lasers ) and rainbow cruise. They have low ceilings and allow G&W to kill at 50-60% with his usmash. Bad stages...? meh. I don't know -__-
Thanks for your help!

Well...down as in gimping
So in other words the U-smash is his main kill move (damm that thing is powerful)

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I've found his dtilt to be a key part in my gangsta watch game.

also i found that dthrow followed by a smash to be very effective.

the usmash is mostly the ko king for me.

the fair also gets some ko's

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Usmash is not his main kill move for everyone, it really depends on whos GaW we are talkin about. I kill about even with Usmash and Dsmash, and Fsmash isnt far behind. I kill a decent amount with fair offstage.

Learn your downthrow and the techchase game behind it.

Dont listen to what some people say about his neutral B and side B being useless, Chef (neutral B) does have a few solid uses, and Judgment Hammer is more of a feeling lucky kinda thing. I find i am rewarded more often than not when i use the judgment hammer in serious matches. However dont get spam-happy on the side+b because there is almost always a better option then Judge.

K 2

Smash Lord
Usmash is not his main kill move for everyone, it really depends on whos GaW we are talkin about. I kill about even with Usmash and Dsmash, and Fsmash isnt far behind. I kill a decent amount with fair offstage.

Learn your downthrow and the techchase game behind it.

Dont listen to what some people say about his neutral B and side B being useless, Chef (neutral B) does have a few solid uses, and Judgment Hammer is more of a feeling lucky kinda thing. I find i am rewarded more often than not when i use the judgment hammer in serious matches. However dont get spam-happy on the side+b because there is almost always a better option then Judge.
First off, I use different smashes depending on my match-ups. Usmash is good for killing light characters with god-like recoveries. Dsmash (sourspot) is good for sending heavier characters that have horrible recoveries/gimpable at a nasty downward angle. Usmash can be useful against heavy characters with decent recoveries (Snake (meh), DDD, ROB). Fsmash is also really good, but it sends your opponent upwards at a 45 degree angle, which is really easy to recover from if they aren't outright killed.

dthrow and techchase is a must for any G&W player.

I disagree with chef and judgement. They are NEVER used by the pros/ at professional level/ in competetive tournaments. I think I stated this before, but Chef has wayyyyy toooo mmmuuuccchhhh lllaaaggg on it, and it is easily punished by characters with large disjointed hitboxes (marth, DDD, Zamus). Judgement should only be used out of a techchase at lower percents ( in hopes of getting the 9). At higher precents, usmash should be used since it is more reliable and deals heafty damage. The range on judgement sucks and it also has unbearable lag if you miss.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Chef isn't quite useless; it's just really niche use. For instance, if your opponent is being inhibited by the conveyors on Pokemon Stadium 2 and you are in the middle, it's a good time to throw out a few pieces of food. I really like it on Green Greens (Mr. Game & Watch's happy camping land) to assault the side platforms from the center. You can stop it well before most characters have any chance at all to punish you, and it forces them to try to make what is probably a bad approach.

I had one really funny use for it in a friendly once where an opponent was riding the cart on PictoChat and I threw out a single piece of food, it hit him, and it knocked him down into the cart. It was perhaps the most epic Chef use I ever have and ever will see.

If you notice I'm only listing various stage specific situations that you'll never see somewhere like Final Destination, there's a reason for that. Chef definitely sucks; it's just not 100% useless (like Judgment Hammer is). It's worth recognizing the niche circumstances in which it can really help you out, but if you're just starting out with Mr. Game & Watch and aren't sure, you should probably avoid it and focus on other moves.

About the tech chase, it's really character dependent. Against someone like Pikachu who has a really short techroll, you can probably get off an up smash and can definitely get a dash attack (but I'm not sure if up smash is actually forced even if you predict correctly). Against most character, I think you get dash attack forced, but you generally can't get up smash if they techroll -> spot dodge instantly. Against someone like Snake with a huge techroll, not even dash attack is forced and you should probably just up throw or try to mindgame with techchase to sliding shield and regrab to punish the spotdodge.

About the dair, it's really matchup specific. Use it VERY sparingly against good Snake players; they'll put grenades where you are going to land all the time if you use too much dair. It's generally pretty risky against Link, Toon Link, and Olimar who can just short hop up aerial to beat it out pretty easily, and off the top of my head Ike can plausibly up smash on reaction if you dair from too high against him (Marth can too, but you can air control to his side to avoid it and hit him; do watch out for Counter though). In general if you hit a shield and land in front of the opponent, dair is unsafe and will get you grabbed, and it's really all too easy to overuse dair since a lot of bad players have a really hard time answering it.

With the bucket, do note that the last projectile you bucket has extremely little lag (it may be none at all, or it may be just a handful of frames). In either case, if you have two charges in the bucket, you don't have to worry about things like Luigi fireball to Fire Jump Punch, but you probably shouldn't be bucketing against Luigi much anyway. Also be aware that some things let you double or triple bucket them. You get a pretty much instant bucket fill against Bowser or Charizard fire breath (granted, it's the weakest Oil Panic possible), you usually catch a bunch of tail hits and get 2-3 charges off Ness or Lucas's Pk Thunder, Ness's Pk Fire column fills it pretty quickly, King Dedede's Waddle Doos give you a nice full bucket fast, and if you catch a Pikachu Thunder Jolt just as it lands from the air you get two charges (the aerial version and the grounded version). I think you can also get two from Pikachu's Thunder if you're really close to Pikachu. I personally only really like the bucket against Zelda, Pit, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, and Lucario (and King Dedede if I get lucky), but it's potentially useful against anyone with energy projectiles if they get spammy. Speaking of fun bucket facts, did you know that if Kirby takes your power you can bucket the food even though Mr. Game & Watch's version of it isn't an energy projectile? It's one of those fun quirks in brawl.

About stages, I really like Norfair and Green Greens a lot and use them as my main counterpicks. If you happen to be at a tournament that allows it, Port Town Aero Dive is a great course as is Skyworld (fun fact: dthrow spikes through clouds). It blows my mind that anywhere allows it, but Pirate Ship is really stupid with Mr. Game & Watch as he can camp in the water better than anyone with his invincible up special and key and generally amazing aerials (he can also get inside the rock by short hop keying out of the water to the left of it and coming up under it, effectively stalling out one of the two transformations that would seem to force him out of the water). No stages are completely terrible for him, but Mario Circuit is probably his overall worst stage that might be allowed somewhere (he can't exploit walk-offs at all, and the platform layout is just incredibly unhelpful to him). I also really don't like Brinstar with Mr. Game & Watch; it's just really awkward to move around and that breakable center section is there just to kill you if you key it (be sure to slowfall if it happens to you!). Corneria and Rainbow Cruise, as mentioned, are pretty solid as well, and he can find minor abuses on a lot of other stages (like nairing through Luigi's Mansion/Jungle Japes or approaching from below on places like Delfino Plaza). Stage selection is one of Mr. Game & Watch's big strengths!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Im not sure of this, but if you hold down while performing Dair, you actually slowfall instead of fastfalling ( weird effect )

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, it's hitting down while using the key. I think it's actually a bug; remember that Mr. Game & Watch can air control during his plunging down aerial unlike the others (like Toon Link). By hitting down, you are beginning to fastfall... which is slower than the key's plunging speed by quite a bit. If you are using the key right out of being hit you might fail to plunge at all (I think it has to do with using it while being forced upward), and then you could have the key out with your normal falling speed so the "automatic" slowfall won't even have the same speed as the standard one.

Booz

Smash Rookie
In general I agree with K2 because the judge hammer is definitely ONLY usefull at low percentage ( think 0-50% ) because you could hope for a "9" though in my opinion you should only use the judge when you "sure-hit" the opponent. Chef attack is also useless on stage though I use it sometimes when my opponent is recovering off-stage to cancel a move, this takes no time to do and you could do it when you are still running towards the edge. Besides that the Chef is useless and laggy!

And indeed, everyone plays different as my main kill move is definitely the Dsmash (55%) then the Usmash (40%) and last the Fsmash (5%) because if I don't kill my opponent with it his recovery is too easy and too hard to do anything about it.

Also I think there are some stages that are pretty good/bad to get when you play G & W.

good imo:

-yoshi island brawl
-smashville

bad imo:

-final destination (bad edge)
-castle siege (also bad edge at the castle-part)

rest is neutral....

greets!

Neb

Smash Lord
Wellllll...this thread has more posts than the official Q&A thread...:laugh:

So I guess that makes this the new official Q&A thread?
No.
Actually, whatever, lol. I could care less which one becomes the actual Q&A thread, we just need one.

MK26

Smash Master
I'm THIS close to changing the name of this thread to something more...misleading

No.
Actually, whatever, lol. I could care less which one becomes the actual Q&A thread, we just need one.
olol

No.
10characters olololololol ^_____________^ Spoiler taaaaaaaaaaaaags
olol

When writing out the characters in alphabetcial order, do you write it...

Fox
Game & Watch
Ganondorf

OR

Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness

?

Neb

Smash Lord
olol

olol

When writing out the characters in alphabetcial order, do you write it...

Fox
Game & Watch
Ganondorf

OR

Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness

?

Just Game & Watch.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Bad edges aren't a problem with Mr. Game & Watch. Just recover correctly and you won't have to worry. Final Destination is pretty neutral for Mr. Game & Watch as is Castle Siege; he can't really exploit them, but there's not much there that hurts him.

Judgment Hammer isn't good at low percentages either. It's completely unreliable, it has horrible range, and it's really slow. You might as well go for one of your smashes to do guaranteed good damage rather than getting a random low number and doing almost nothing for how open you are leaving yourself. Also, if you use it more than twice, you risk getting #1 which does 12% to Mr. Game & Watch even if it misses and fails to flinch the opponent. It's an excellent way to eat an enemy smash. The short version is that it's gambling with the odds way stacked against you, and the move is so hard to hit with that even if you win your best (and get the #9) you still might lose.

Also, to clarify about the other numbers, #8 isn't actually good. It's pretty easy to mash out of ice, and even if Mr. Game & Watch lands a follow up, opponents in ice suffer no knockback so you can never actually kill someone because you froze them. While playing around with this, I did discover that #2 has a pretty high trip rate though; #2 may actually be a better hammer than #8 because it's the only one that gives you a real follow up. #5 is also worthless since it does very little damage and is very easy to DI out of (it's the multi-hit electric hammer).

K 2

Smash Lord
You should post all the questions asked so far with their respective answers. That way, people don't have to go searching through tons of threads to find the answer. Also, please put what the box is on the main thread. People ask that question wwaayy ttoooo mmmuuucchhhh. I like the idea of a random chat thread! good idea!

MK26

Smash Master
You should post all the questions asked so far with their respective answers. That way, people don't have to go searching through tons of threads to find the answer. Also, please put what the box is on the main thread. People ask that question wwaayy ttoooo mmmuuucchhhh. I like the idea of a random chat thread! good idea!
Dun-dun done.

Let's try this again...

Favourite Melee G&W colours. Go.

And discuss whatever else you want...

:laugh:

Neb

Smash Lord
Haha, egh.
Y-you....

I see what you did there, xD.

|
Tip
Maybe put question categories so they aren't so unorganized?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
This feels like the lucario boards a little.

Which, is an improvement to the dead boards.

Yay.

I plan to hang out and post here a lot, I like the things like this, especially since discussions seem to get one-lined and then shot down around here =[.

K 2

Smash Lord
We might as well turn this into the Q&A thread. There are more questions here than on the official G&W Q&A thread.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there doesn't need to be a Q&A thread

the whole forum is supposed to be Q&A; why would you tie up the whole forum in a single thread?

people generally don't know if the questions they're asking are "dumb" or "common knowledge"; if they did, they wouldn't even bother asking them to begin with, so to assume that people know what types of questions belong in a Q&A type thread as opposed to their own new thread is just wishful thinking

MK26

Smash Master

the whole forum is supposed to be Q&A; why would you tie up the whole forum in a single thread?

people generally don't know if the questions they're asking are "dumb" or "common knowledge"; if they did, they wouldn't even bother asking them to begin with, so to assume that people know what types of questions belong in a Q&A type thread as opposed to their own new thread is just wishful thinking
But:urg:...all questions belong in a Q&A thread, to avoid spamming up the boards with new useless threads...

Oh wait...uhh...

<_< >_>

I might change the title to "The Unoffical G&W Q&A & Random Chat & 'New to the board? Post Here' Thread (Yes that's 5 &'s)"

Is that too much of a mouthful? Does that go over the maximum character limit? What is the meaning of life?

EDIT: it goes over the maximum limit...this doesn't :D

The Unoffical G&W Q&A & Random Chat & 'Welcome to teh board' Thread-Yes, that's 5 &'s

The maximum character limit for a title is 85.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion

Discussion is supposed to occur too!

Think of it this way. While this thread won't stop the spam that comes from most new members, it can help absorb it.

K 2

Smash Lord
I think if MK26 keeps the first post updated with popularly asked questions, the number of noob threads would be drastically reduced.

so...what to discuss?

pockyD

Smash Legend
because good topics for discussion might get sucked into the vortex among multiple different wordings of "how can u fall slowly with da key?"

the real answer is a well-maintained FAQ and an active mod, but that's not up to the posters =\

Neb

Smash Lord
Possible Discussion

How about- G&W vertical return options.
Dair becomes to predictable, so I usually mix-up with a retreating bair, buts is I'm sure there are other alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom