• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official G&W Q&A & Random Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I think if MK26 keeps the first post updated with popularly asked questions, the number of noob threads would be drastically reduced.

so...what to discuss?
Which subtopics I should organize the questions under.

I'm thinking:

General
Moveset
Competitive G&W

Any others?

because good topics for discussion might get sucked into the vortex among multiple different wordings of "how can u fall slowly with da key?"

the real answer is a well-maintained FAQ and an active mod, but that's not up to the posters =\
But this is a general chat and welcome topic...the best of these are all spam anyways

And how about a poorly-maintained FAQ and active posters? That's not up to the mods now is it? =\

How about- G&W vertical return options.
Dair becomes to predictable, so I usually mix-up with a retreating bair, buts is I'm sure there are other alternatives.
FF Nair?

Noa.

Smash Master
I also need help with vertical returns. The key is so predictable, so now I tend to only use it while the oponnent is in the air, where they can't shield grab me. Fastfalling nairs usually work, but any other suggestions would be apreciated.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just drift to the edge -_-; maybe use airdodge and/or fall past it => up-b if necessary

don't go to them, force them to come to you; coming down with an attack regularly is about the most predictable and most easily punished thing in the game =\

i don't see how falling nair would be better than a slow-falled dair if you're afraid of getting punished though, as dair has strictly more priority/range, and they both have solid duration

But this is a general chat and welcome topic...the best of these are all spam anyways

And how about a poorly-maintained FAQ and active posters? That's not up to the mods now is it? =\
what sort of topics do you propose go in the forum but not in a "Q&A" thread, aside from maybe videos?

if someone is asking a "stupid" or "simple" question, chances are it's not so stupid/simple to them, so they can't know for sure where to put it. As a result, you still get stupid question threads, but you also lose interesting threads because people think their question might be "dumb" so they put it in the Q&A thread

Neb

Smash Lord
what do you guys mean by "vertical returns"?
When G&W is high up for whatever reason, he doesn't have many safe options when returning back to the stage. I say the best choices are Dair, Bair, and retreating toward the ledge.

K 2

Smash Lord
ooohhhh ok. Yea, dair is really nice due to its priority, but its slightly laggy and can easily be shield grabbed. I like to throw in a FF nair, which has little lag and can be combo'd into other stuff.

Neb

Smash Lord
Ok Neb, make it. You could do something like do intervals, like every 3 days make a new thread with a different thread. I'll link you to the one I'm doing in the Marth Boards. Hold on one sec.
Actually, I'd rather have someone else make it, I already've made a few threads that require constant update and are crucial to some communities. And it'll just be a tad overwhelming if I make another. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing other people contribute.

K 2

Smash Lord
I'll make it! (ooo I really want to!)

Can you guys give me any pointers on how to make a good stage discussion index/thread?

Neb

Smash Lord
So basically, you'll have a main thread, where you have summaries of all the discussed stages, and links to there sub threads. You can get your pics off smashbros.com, but if you need me to snap some, I'll be happy to. Try to use some color in your main thread, its really troublesome reading a wall of white.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I made the first stage discussion :(
And I made a few posts, but nobody carried on with it.
Also, you guys need to chill! I was planning on making stage discussion one of my series
D:

but if you guys want to, go for it. It cuts down some of my work.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Lol, then explain why he's high tier or so and why I get 2 stocked every time I play one as Jigglypuff.... All his aerials beat my respective ones and pound except for dair, and that has to be timed so well with a uair to beat it. Its rapage.
2) What is it, in your opinion, that make G&W so good, and makes him have good matchups across the board against the lower tiers?

"Over powered smashes and a great aerial game"
From the first post.

I want this thread to function as several things. 'Official Q&A' is rapidly dropping on my list.

My list (in order of importance):
Random Chat
'Welcome to the Boards' thread
But we can leave Q&A in the title to minimize the noob threads like the one 1 made. At least it worked in Illinialex's case...

If you disagree, speak nao or forever hold your peace

K 2

Smash Lord
QED, keeping a record of all questions asked on the first post is utterly useless.
keep a record of the frecuently asked questions or the very important questions. Don't put stuff that has nothing to do with anything.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
From the first post.

I want this thread to function as several things. 'Official Q&A' is rapidly dropping on my list.

My list (in order of importance):
Random Chat
'Welcome to the Boards' thread
But we can leave Q&A in the title to minimize the noob threads like the one 1 made. At least it worked in Illinialex's case...

If you disagree, speak nao or forever hold your peace
Lol, I wasn't gonna make a thread, I just saw this as the newest post and I had just gotten killed by a G&W, so I posted.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
yesterday, i was playing bowser and my opponent, who used gangsta watch, had a tendency to use his dthrow. after getting thrown enough, i found using bowser's fortress(UpB), was a consistent means to damage gangsta watch and get safe spacing. is that reaction a safe one and is it the best way to punish gangsta watch's dthrow?

K 2

Smash Lord
Gangsta Watch can such powershield it and regrab. If your using bowser, you can just buffer a roll and easily escape.

Neb

Smash Lord
Dthrow. Simply. Sucks. -__-
Bowser can just tech in place, fortress, and proceed in giving G&W thousands of bloody paper cuts.
If he shields, its eaten up, and you'll probably get poked considering Bowser's large hitbox. But I'm sure you can shieldgrab, albeit maybe difficult. The thing is, Bowser's right in your box, and G&W's only "GTFO" moves are performed at a small distance.

So IMO, yes, it is safe. Unless the G&W is smart, and Upb's Oos, then punishes the lag on Bowser's fortress with FF'd aerials.

K 2

Smash Lord
Dthrow. Simply. Sucks. -__-
Bowser can just tech in place, fortress, and proceed in giving G&W thousands of bloody paper cuts.
If he shields, its eaten up, and you'll probably get poked considering Bowser's large hitbox. But I'm sure you can shieldgrab, albeit maybe difficult. The thing is, Bowser's right in your box, and G&W's only "GTFO" moves are performed at a small distance.

So IMO, yes, it is safe. Unless the G&W is smart, and Upb's Oos, then punishes the lag on Bowser's fortress with FF'd aerials.
ooo up b. That'll **** bowser with a free usmash.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as it's a random chat thread, I'd be glad to take on a good Game & Watch main if someone is up for it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic should be closed. There is already a Q&A thread and it's stickied >_>.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They were at war on which one would be the 'official', SOLIDS won out.
Still needs to be closed.
War? That's pretty silly <_<.

I will close this :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom