• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Critique Thread

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
before i click any of these to crit can you tell me what the MU is for each vid is and if its online, tourney, or friendly.
Sorry. These are friendlys. Top to vids are against D3. The next 2 are against zss. The last 2 vids are against fox.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Kenny you should be more reactive and less proactive.
Being proactive is good when things go your way, but when they don't it leads to things like your SD on the second stock, first match.
Try to be a little more wary of what's happening and punish with fast moves (like Ftilt/Utilt and Bair/Nair) rather than charging a smash and hoping that the opponent will screw up.

So in short use safer options and keep the mindgames for when you have the momentum.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Zync, he got punished too many times for some of his moves. He needs to mix up his recovery sometimes too. Not much to say though...

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Good and Bad

Good- Can cancel side B.
Can do shdl (not correct, but still).
Can chain grab, and also stage spike.
Just for kicks he has a cool name!

Bad- Needs to work on lasering.
Needs to not recover into attacks.
Needs to use Dacus or Bdacus so he can kill.
Needs to work on combos in general.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback, ill tell him about this, lol at the name hahaha

Also: By needs Bdacus/dacus to kill you meant he should use other kill moves right?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya ikr? He used some secret AT he's been working. It let's falco have more jumps and shortens the frames on all his moves and stops the pika uuber cg. All at the sacrifice of his jab though.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good Falco Hylian, but a lot of spikes. The single jabs and spikes seemed to work out for you though. :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nice matches Hylian. On the one you just posted, did you mean to do what you did with side b at 1:37? **** was epic lol
I half meant to do it. I often try to go for those and I got it, but I was trying to drop down and spike after the ledge cancel, not footstool him lol. Worked out pretty well though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll have a couple sets up against FAE soon. Got to finish uploading mjg vs fae first(my camera always seems to derp when recording the second match, I've tried 3 times -.-). They are entertaining :).

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Hylian, did you save the matches onto your wii or sd card? If so I can upload them for you and send you the link to post, just let me know!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I gotta say, it's really hard to critique someone playing while they're playing under lag. Thus, greatly affecting their gameplay.

Even then, though, you seem like you have a good understanding of the character. Your jab mixups are pretty solid, too. Needs more lasers and ftilt, though. Otherwise, good stuff.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
  • Don't kill your self (51 seconds)
  • Camp more
  • Don't stand literaly next to snake
  • Space moves
  • F-tilt when next to snake

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
MARLX, you look like you need better control of your character. That D3 wasn't even good. There were times where you either did the wrong move or made the wrong punish. You did a lot of unnecessary Usmashes and a lot of unnecessary rolls, too. When fighting D3, just laser him all day. He has no answer to that except either Side step or try to run towards you and either get a grab or a Bair on you. Which is your cue to side b or airdodge behind him. Or some kind of mixup. Either way, I'm on limited time, so I'll give you a more in-depth critique when I get back home.

Top Bottom