• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Critique My Diddy" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
did you even notice that every time you had a banana in your hand, the wolf would just throw his reflector out and you just threw it anyway? try a glidtoss down to "insert epic taunt move here" to teach him not to blindly use his reflector at you, or even try to just hump his face, if you do this like 3 times in a row for a good 40 or so percent, i think he'll stop reflecting. i mean, a reflector should not be that usefull against diddy (except for falco's, that one has a decent range you need to be aware of)

if i play against a fox or wolf that uses his reflector that close to me, he eats an F/Dsmash, grab, sideB, or i taunt him by hitting him with upB XD

also, you rolllllll ALOT like even when you just needed to turn around and walk two tiny steps, you rolled backwards to try and pick up a banana.

EDIT: if you see that someone is trying to edgehog you, you can either: charge your barrels untill they are done getting up the ledge (that is, if they are already getting up) or simply go over the ledge onto the stage, just never go for the ledge if they are still hanging there, you WILL blow up (not if you are directly below the ledge, but i think you get my point)

FOXYB

Smash Cadet
Thank you. This was about a month ago, since then ive taken my roller skates off ha. It seems that the reflectors are usually my downfall so ill be glide tossing down a lot more often. that match was horrible because i was gimped twice, and holms has a better banana game than i do and it made me hella nervous.

do you know of a thread that is specific for banana tricks?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I'm sure you can find plenty in the kongpendium...Diddy's had A LOT of development in the last month so I guess check out the stuff in there

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i think ur second match is da worst match ever. lol jk. you need to use 2 bananas more its really good for combos and keeping mk away

Boofy!

Smash Champion
it's hard to give advice to a player better than yourself.. first time i've seen vids of you, good **** your diddy is great hope i can get some friendlies with you at MLG

tibs7

Smash Champion
Dfear Ill critique later when I cbf. :)
k so like you actually didnt do to much wrong actually.
your a freakin mad player thats for sure.
only thing i woulda punished you for were your spotdodges after you missed with moves. apart from that nothing much else to say :S, you were clearly the better player.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u critiqued urself basically. just be more creative with your approaches mate. you have INCREDIBLE mixup. u dont have to throw the banana at them all the time but u can also do this

GT it down
GT it up
GT it down again
dont GT throw
maybe a WGT here and there for spacing/placement
maybe even GT it up once more
you can even jump and throw it in any direction you want
and oh **** instant throws!
fsmash with a banana
dtilt with a banana
z drop aerials
the sorts bro. and dare i say there are even peanut gun banana tricks too o-o oh snap.

your diddy. u have control. you have pressure. you have options. you have mixup.

utilize it. your using a very unpredictable character : ].

just keep at it. btw never get 0-deathd again...also when u nair u had many opportunities to follow up with another nair or bair/fair/upair such as in the 2nd video at 3:12 because lucas didnt react quick enough and again at 3:14 with a bair. combos ftw and go for the kill at kill % when they trip instead of throws it saves time and ur stock.

T-block

B2B TST
Arite thanks man...I'll try to keep all that in mind.

It's kinda frustrating because a lot of the time I'm sitting in my shield with a banana in hand, and I know they will shield if I throw it at them, but I can't stop myself from throwing it at them anyways, and then I gotta chase my banana down again.

If I know that my opponent is gonna shield as soon as I move, what's the best way to take advantage of that? I've been doing GT up -> run past and pivot grab if I notice they like to spot dodge, but that's all I got.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Arite thanks man...I'll try to keep all that in mind.

It's kinda frustrating because a lot of the time I'm sitting in my shield with a banana in hand, and I know they will shield if I throw it at them, but I can't stop myself from throwing it at them anyways, and then I gotta chase my banana down again.

If I know that my opponent is gonna shield as soon as I move, what's the best way to take advantage of that? I've been doing GT up -> run past and pivot grab if I notice they like to spot dodge, but that's all I got.
if they arent expecting a sideB, go for it, or simply throw it anyway and wait for their reaction and punish (alot of people pretty much always do the same thing if they shield a banana)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
exactly what grizzer said (a lot of people pretty much always do the same thing if they shield a banana, depending on the player of course)

throw it and see if they power shield or not.
then react

throw it and see if they shield the throw and attempt to grab the banana midair (are they catchin with an airdodge/z/aerial?)
punish accordingly

throw it and see if they are waiting for you to dash attack.
if they shield grab ur dash attack instead grab/side b, if they throw out an an attack before you do anythin, wait and punish

throw it and see if they catch it
wait and punish accordingly

throw it and see if they just block it and dont do anything.
do the same :p

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Hey all. So, these vids don't really do either me or my friend any justice, and no im not hyping myself up, im just being honest. I'm working on the true diddy, and when I feel ready, I'll upload some great videos which I am already excited to share. These just happen to be a couple I felt like uploading solely out of boredom. I know I could be alot better technically (BDACUS, single nana lock set ups, and instant ground throwing correctly used are the biggest imo. I'm already way better at all of these, so thats why these videos bother me). Basically, I would like some feedback on this particular matchup. Everyday I am facing a slideyer and more adept at bananas falco player. I know falco players are supposed to be campy, but this guy is actually getting good at being aggressive, and I'd like feedback help here. Hope you like the commentary also....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_w3n433VM&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMsL7u4eQfI&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39E-R-S6P0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw3QgsPWmoY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YOicvNDn9E&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noBSiBtSEdk&feature=channel

I like 2-5

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
JJROCKETS :diddy: Vs. Hunger :wario: 1
JJROCKETS :diddy: Vs. Hunger :wario: 2

I'll have a few other videos once they are uploaded.

This was from a tournament this weekend, please help me out! I would appreciate any and all advice!
lol, hunger has pretty much the same playstyle as the wario i regularly play
dont have much time, but from what i saw was that he took advantage of every bad situation known to diddy, dont be ashamed to just roll away if he dairs your shield, its a situation you really dont want to be in and will pretty much never end right

also, upsmash goes through pretty much all of wario's aerials, i dont know how pro-diddies feel about upsmash, but in this matchup when you predict that he is going to attack you from above, upsmash will help (or utilt but its harder to time correctly)

its a very tough matchup for diddy, especially if the wario knows how to play against him :S

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmm i like how shaya always glide tosses :\ was hoping u punish those more dood

DFEAR

Smash Hero
that boosted sales reversal at was amazing o.o suremindgamed that human!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Yo felix idk how to say it but you ****in suck. that was the worse ive ever seen...I think you need a new character

j/k thats actually one of my favorite vids

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Winner's Finals 1 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Winner's Finals 2 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Winner's Finals 3 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Grand Finals 2 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Grand Finals 3 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Grand Finals 4 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Grand Finals 5 (Ratman/Affinity vs Clel/4rce)

Game 1 of Grand Finals was not recorded. We got 4 stocked in that match. The order was, we lost, won, won, lost, won in Grand Finals. Yes, Frigate Orpheon was our counter-pick. It's my favorite stage. Don't be weirded out.

Please be gentle with your critiques on game 4 of GFs. Thanks for any of your comments!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621

SS3 Chaos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Presid3nt_Khaos
I think that people who OVERUSE diddy kongs Bananas lacks the true skill that other great players poses

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
heres a couple vids of my diddy and a couple cool combos as well. critique plz
pulse(diddy) vs Zero(Ice Climbers) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF7-QUIyu6w
pulse(diddy) vs Maharba(Marth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMEZE5Oh9TA
combos :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIkvzO-kuQY
you need WAAAAAAAAY moar bananas
you got away with that because of the fact that you were better than your opponents instead of using your character to the max of his abilities
second half against marth you did better, and it worked very well

EDIT: wtf dash attack spam to the max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom