• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yikarur

Smash Master
here we can use the "Top Player" logic and say "Ally is just so much better".
but anyway, Link sucks :)

and after a year, I finally get Email Notification! YEHZ

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
and after a year, I finally get Email Notification! YEHZ
Yeah, and I was frustrated about it, 'cause I got texts on my phone for each. >_<

That being said, will Pokémon Trainer be a good character if I win MLG Orlando?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yeah, and I was frustrated about it, 'cause I got texts on my phone for each. >_<

That being said, will Pokémon Trainer be a good character if I win MLG Orlando?
no, but his meta game will expand of course

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
no, but his meta game will expand of course
How do you figure? What if I didn't learn anything specific from the tournament? I try to teach people what I know to begin with, so I doubt there will be any significant changes to the character's optimal playstyle as a result.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Honestly if the MU is close to even, that alone justifies better then triforce tier, because what's most relevant in the metagame is not how characters do against similar tiers but how they do against characters that actually matter.

There's no way a character that only barely loses to snake is in the same tier as... Ganondorf.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh, yeah just because Ally beat Deva or whatever doesn't mean the match-up isn't even, lol. Dumb argument.

Also, reflex, PT is already pretty good and I think he is capable of placing at MLG.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Actually, if you learn how Falco's lasers function, you can dodge or PS every single one without fail, wheras Pit can vary the landing hitbox and time that the arrow is shot, making it much harder to consistently PS.
^Not like this matter since Falco is still top tier after 2 years of metagame evolution.

Pit isn't rising any higher.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Uh, yeah just because Ally beat Deva or whatever doesn't mean the match-up isn't even, lol. Dumb argument.

Also, reflex, PT is already pretty good and I think he is capable of placing at MLG.
3 stocked Twice including a match on norfair when the stage was banned but Ally agreed, its not that dumb of an argument. And I still don't understand how Link goes evenish with Snake.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
^Not like this matter since Falco is still top tier after 2 years of metagame evolution.

Pit isn't rising any higher.
Falco isn't top tier.

Regardless, are you suggesting that people that argue his lasers can be PS'd are saying they're bad? Not at all, they're still an immensely useful spacing control and pressure tool.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Falco isn't top tier.

Regardless, are you suggesting that people that argue his lasers can be PS'd are saying they're bad? Not at all, they're still an immensely useful spacing control and pressure tool.
I saw the tier list comment. More like he's hasn't DROPPED.

Ofcourse, but I was suggesting how it's pointless to believe you could simply powersheild his lasers to the extent that he has to approach you.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh ya, forgot

I don't think MK deserves his own tier though :/

I do.

I saw the tier list comment. More like he's hasn't DROPPED.

Ofcourse, but I was suggesting how it's pointless to believe you could simply powersheild his lasers to the extent that he has to approach you.
Fair enough, still the point is, the lasers are an amazing projectile regardless of powershielding.

And yes you can if you're ahead. People just need to get better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Qouted for truth

There are many possibilities to getting ahead of me, but they all end in whoever is more patient. Good luck waiting me out. :Falco:
You're speaking to a guy who's waited an hour totally motionless in a bush to win a manhunt game. I stalled a melee set to 24 minutes for 75 cents. Good luck waiting me out.

Ultimately, when you're behind, and you realize that if this were a 90 year time limit, I'd still be waiting right here, you'll eventually approach... or give me a free game, either way's fine with me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
adum, you may be the most patient player on the planet, but even with my less than optimal options, If I can approach you and just out play you anyways, why does it even matter?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Being patient is not everything. but it does help and I believe it is a very important quality. Really when people play gay. Cause they are testing it. If you don't lose it, you can do well in stupid situations

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adum, you may be the most patient player on the planet, but even with my less than optimal options, If I can approach you and just out play you anyways, why does it even matter?
The point I'm making is that assuming that your opponent will play in a less then optimal manner is NEVER a good thing, there are players who about as patient as me at every level of play. Hell, I'd say that top levels of play disproportionately select for players who are exceptionally patient.

So assuming that an arbitrary marth/mk/Ganondorf/whatever will be forced to approach against an arbitrary falco is a bad assumption, and should not be factored into MUs. At the same time, said falco has an amazing pressure game and space control game with lasers and that should be considered.

Also, I've gotten better as of late... see you at Apex.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You think i havent gotten better?

Money match? brawl or melee son?

ill put up any amount of money you are willing to lose home-slice-age.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You think i havent gotten better?

Money match? brawl or melee son?

ill put up any amount of money you are willing to lose home-slice-age.
More Melee then Brawl, but we never got any Brawl friendlies, so melee MM, but I wanna get some brawl friendlies with you.

5 $ MM cool?

I believe you're getting better though (area power rankings for melee but not Brawl? Told you you were good)

Whenever we finally meet. $3. D:<
Night, outside environment. One hour to find me. I reserve the right to say no to a location. Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom