• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
To the Backroom Members:

You don't make a tier list based on votes, it will never be accurate that way. Tier list's should be based on match ups for the most part, then on the character's moveset and strategies. That's how the street fighter community makes their tier list, and it makes a lot more sense to do it that way. I know street fighter is a different game, but match ups are match ups, every fighting game has them.

FAIL tier list. I give this tier list a 4 out of 10.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*sees Kirby, ZSS, TL and Pit placements*

How did Pit sneak in that high. :mad:

All 3 of the other ones I mentioned should've been above Pit. :mad:

... But hey, it's about time ROB dropped.

/bias

Kith

Smash Ace
@PTs
bwahahaha, welcome to the real world boys!
Psh, we've always been high tier, you guys just don't know it yet.

Anyways, now that Metaknight is the only S-tier, instead of banning him, we can just have "High tier and under only" tournaments :-P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So its 4am for me Ladies and Gentleman.

I probably require sleep very soon.
Any questions?
Id say by the time I would wake up it would be too hard for me to find any of your questions and it would be too hard to backtrack.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
To the Backroom Members:

You don't make a tier list based on votes, it will never be accurate that way. Tier list's should be based on match ups for the most part, then on the character's moveset and strategies. That's how the street fighter community makes their tier list, and it makes a lot more sense to do it that way. I know street fighter is a different game, but match ups are match ups, every fighting game has them.

FAIL tier list. I give this tier list a 4 out of 10.
This would be nice if our match-ups ratios were accurate.

@Shaya: Why is Link still considered 2nd worst?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Psh, we've always been high tier, you guys just don't know it yet.

Anyways, now that Metaknight is the only S-tier, instead of banning him, we can just have "High tier and under only" tournaments :-P
Hahaha, but I like beating up MKs. I spent so long learning the match up!

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Um... did you guys discuss sheik? I don't wanna complain really at least this time she isn't below sonic :/ But at the very least she is even with everyone in D tier and deserves a spot there. I was kind of shocked when I saw how close she was to sonic and PT in points.

^ if you could, Shaya.

Kith

Smash Ace
@<3
So did I, but I need to free up some time to learn the diddy kong match-up...It drives me...
bananas

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Wow... Zelda is 3rd worst? Don't get me wrong, she sucks horribly, but I wouldn't have said she was that bad. Still, she doesn't really have any results to prove otherwise...

Otherwise it looks good. I'd have thought that ZSS might rise a place or two, but otherwise no major complaints.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
So did I, but I lol, but I need to free up some time to learn the diddy kong match-up...It drives me...
bananas
Oh hoho! touche.

I don't know... I feel like diddy isn't a threat. maybe it sheik? but bananas aren't an issue for me and with out them sheik literally eats every aspect of diddy alive.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Hey, if a chick would give me back my Youth for saving her, Id be pretty happy.

How amazing would being TEN again be when you are AWARE OF EVERYTHING YOU KNOW NOW.
lol no, having no balls? having to go through puberty twice? well I guess you wouldnt know anyway given that you have no intake of protein/meat of any kind

inb4somedumbcommentaboutnothavingprotein, it does so make you a man, just go look at luffy.

besides, wasnt it zelda's fault that link lost his youth in the first place, l2 take care of your own problems zelda, no wonder your so low tier.

Hell no.

10AREYOUINSANES?
lol, saying this what? less then a week after you tried to make a low tier tourney with shiek lololol oh shaya... your such a character

Tierforce, more like.

lol thats good, how about, tri-hard?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why is Falco so high with planking legal? Why is Bowser NOT low tier? Why is Ike, a character that has gotten constantly better placement in normal tournaments and wrecks low tier tournaments more than Bowser, below him a whole tier?

Was .joel allowed to vote on this list?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's so sad....Kirby is C Tier. At the same time though, I understand.

In other news, FALCON MOVIN UP!?!!!

10Approves.

Kith

Smash Ace
Oh hoho! touche.

I don't know... I feel like diddy isn't a threat. maybe it sheik? but bananas aren't an issue for me and with out them sheik literally eats every aspect of diddy alive.
I just need to get better with bananas. I mean, Charizard can't take a step in either direction without tripping on one. Squirtle would probably be the best (as usual against higher tiers) if I could get better with the naners, and I'm not sure how I feel 'bout Ivy yet here. Need to play more matches...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This would be nice if our match-ups ratios were accurate.

@Shaya: Why is Link still considered 2nd worst?
^ if you could, Shaya.
I can answer both in a general way.
It is hard for a character to shift that struggles to be noticed.
People are shocked about Zeldas movement, but to me it feels natural, she was a heavy focus in this tier list.
When people look at a character and think, hmm they are better than that (and mind you a lot of people in the BBR would), the hardest part of all is then asking:
Who are they better than? Who should be below them?

Personally I feel both Link and Sheik have more potential in the future. However there is still a lot of scepticism, especially with both not having noticable tournament representation.

Sheik, and recently Link, have had a lot of talkative hype being built for them, but in the eyes of the BBR they are yet to deliver.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why is Falco so high with planking legal? Why is Bowser NOT low tier? Why is Ike, a character that has gotten constantly better placement in normal tournaments and wrecks low tier tournaments more than Bowser, below him a whole tier?

Was .joel allowed to vote on this list?
Even if I would've voted Bowser higher (which I didn't), one single vote would not have weighed as much.

And I really would like you to stop attacking me at every single possibility, it's getting boring y'know.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm not the guy who's "lol'ing at character bias".
Even if I do, I don't have any bias for Bowser or against Ike. I haven't played Bowser in ages, and don't really play Ike (but don't "hate" him or something). So you stating that I would have bias towards either of them is BS. And especially BS considering that one single vote doesn't make the whole tier list.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
Why is Ike so low on this list?
His tournament placements were much better than most of the characters above and in his tier

Flayl

Smash Hero
Even if I do, I don't have any bias for Bowser or against Ike. I haven't played Bowser in ages, and don't really play Ike (but don't "hate" him or something). So you stating that I would have bias towards either of them is BS. And especially BS considering that one single vote doesn't make the whole tier list.
I wasn't insinuating you were biased to either one actually. I was insinuating you publically stated you think your opinion is more valid than most people that posted here.

Anyway I'm not hating you, just disagreeing with you a lot, if that makes any sense.

It would be nice if somebdoy could answer about Falco VS Planking and about Bowser VS Ike.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, but some people are pretty clearly biased, for example that guy who said Zelda was at least (!) C Tier, and I was laughing at these people. I think you can understand why I would think that to be funny.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Falco is theoretically capable of beating non-MK planking and Bowser has cooler hair than Ike.

Questions answered. One or more of those answers might not be serious.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You can't look at one match up and have it as a means to affect the whole list. Sheik wrecks fox, she isn't above him because compared to teh cast as a whole he is doing better right now. similar ideologies apply to falco and Bowser in the cases you brought up Flayl

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why is Ike so low on this list?
His tournament placements were much better than most of the characters above and in his tier
As I have probably said,
Lower tier characters tournament results are hard to make educated/informed decisions by when potentially just ONE tournament result could bump a character up significantly on the character ranking list.

The top half of the tier list happens to closely mirror the character ranking list. Because people of the BBR can make informed decisions based on reasonably consistant data.

Just about anyone below C at this point (and definitely from D down minus a few special cases) do not really have consistant results at all.

-

BOWSER AND NESS were voted as LOW TIER CHARACTERS in phase one.
They however were noticably a gap ahead of the current F and G tier characters (i.e. Upper Low tier) from the voting and they were bumped into E tier because of this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually neither of them were serious. I don't actually know why people voted characters to where they are. For all I know I might've voted that way but forgot.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If planking is legal, I don't see how G&W is so low and Falco is so high.

MK in his own tier was a good call.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like how you completly ignored my post shaya, looks like your starting to learn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom