• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert.

Smash Master
Why are we still talking about this bulls*** gay topic?

Look isn't there something in most rule-sets where the TO has the discretion to just DQ sonic players like this? screw all this competitive bull****. You do this in tourney, f*** you. LOL

I'm sorry but this thread is TheoryBrosBoards to the extreme right now.

Is there an epidemic of Sonic hover attack plankers sweeping the nation's tourney scene? I might be ignorant but I have not heard of this really being an issue, EVER.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I want to see a match in which right when the game begins, Sonic just runs off the stage and does the HA stall for 8 minutes.

I try to get vids of me doing this this weekend.
You need a game where he has a stock lead, then runs off the stage and does it for whatever's left.
I plan on it, but since everyone good around here recently resorted to MK, its going to be hard to actually get a chance to do it.

Also, implying that a tactic should be banned in certain matchups but not in others is a ridiculously surgical idea that is just flat out silly. I won't even get into how impossible it would be to actually implement because there's no point in even going that far, as it's blatantly ridiculous to even think about implementing something so surgical and arbitrary.
super truth.

get owned abd

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Is there an epidemic of Sonic hover attack plankers sweeping the nation's tourney scene? I might be ignorant but I have not heard of this really being an issue, EVER.
Nope. That's why I don't really understand how this became such a relatively "heated topic".

I certainly understand the concern, but I don't think I've EVER seen it become an issue in a real match... given that, it seems kind of silly to spend so much time talking about it to me.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Not to call you out MMM(I agree with a lot of what you're saying) but I think you use Arbitrary wrongly, a bit much

Definition:

Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

I don't think what he's saying falls under that definition. Just saying

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think the problem is that no one has ever wanted to risk using it incase it gets them DQ'ed from a tourney

I guess most people automatically assume it is stalling and don't bother trying to use it to time out matches

It needs to be tried out in matches like the stages that were originally banned to see whether its broken or not

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
You aren't calling me out on anything. Based on your definition of the world there and every other correct definition, I'm using it perfectly. I don't understand what would make you think that I'm not.

"Based on individual discretion or judgment; not based on any objective distinction, perhaps even made at random; Determined by impulse rather than reason..." etc. etc. etc.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think the problem is that no one has ever wanted to risk using it incase it gets them DQ'ed from a tourney

I guess most people automatically assume it is stalling and don't bother trying to use it to time out matches

It needs to be tried out in matches like the stages that were originally banned to see whether its broken or not
This.

The stigma around HA Abuse is too great, even now.
Despite that there are very compelling arguments for having the tech as legal, most people will turn the other cheek despite having very weak backings to their argument. I wouldn't be surprised if I got DQ'd from the next Texas tournament I went to because I used this tactic, even if I used the arguments that have been presented here, just because "it's gay".

You can't ban Sonic's HA Stall without banning tactics of similar natures (ledge camping with MK/G&W/Pit/ROB/etcetc), and you can't ban those (or Sonic's HA abuse) because they'd be arbitrary, unwarranted, unjustified surgical changes.

There's no problem with legalizing it, since it does not fall under the definition of "stalling", it doesn't over centralize, and it doesn't hinder the game from being playable.

Pick a better character, or lose. Choice is yours, really.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'd lol if a sonic tried to HA under the stage against ganon, but ganon jumped under and dark dive stage spiked sonic then by some terrific (of terrible) coincident, made it back on stage with another dark dive :D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Browny: <333~ The next thing on our list is showing everyone how to tech Sonic's dthrow.
Only ONE PERSON does it to me down here in Texas.

WHY?
Would that be me? I know we haven't played much yet, but I think I did that a few times when we did fight.

I was really angry at SCQ because you kept on doing it to other people and NO ONE was teching it. >_<

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well when your scene is dominated by the best sonic ever, it's kinda hard not to know how

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
And me with like no Sonic experience. :laugh:

...So, is that tier list coming out today? If I remember correctly, the 48 hours is almost up.

:069:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Texas related with a bit of Salt sprinkled in

As for HA, we will see... we will see

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
omg just release the tier list already. Whats with the waiting anyway when you already have the list completed?

Teh Future

Smash Master
^u mad??

also dunno why next list hasnt been released. with no lgl the tire list is obviously

S: MK

unviable: everything that has ever existed

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If I didn't want to deal with it, I'd ***** about it, Xyro.
Deal with it.

@Hero-Mystic: I **** college on a daily basis. What're you doing, and why don't you partake in the tasty San Antonio scene?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@Hero-Mystic: I **** college on a daily basis. What're you doing, and why don't you partake in the tasty San Antonio scene?
Psychology Professor demands that I read a chapter per week and each chapter is pretty much 40-50 pages long, though it's so boring that I constantly fall asleep. :ohwell:

Composition II wants me to read MORE books, though they're more enjoyable, but then I gotta write papers on them.

Intermediate Algebra I don't whine over. I **** it.

Real reason why I don't go to tournaments though is because my parents think you're all rapists, and I don't have my own money at the moment
because college took it all

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
wow Heromystic best sig ever

also just chill guys surely the tier list isn't the most important aspect of your lives that you have to ***** about how its not out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom