• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Max?

Smash Champion
FC stream got me hyped, time to get back into Melee

edit:

woot, NJ scene is getting better. Apparently kids here think I'm as good as Phish-it. I'm obviously not lol but I think I'm gonna be a real DK main now... aka, not resort to top tiers when times get tough. More motivation, woot.
When was the last time you went to a tournament? Seriously, I've been going to Tristate tournies and paying attention to results for like 4+ years now.

Phish-it is the best DK

leffen

Smash Champion
lol guys no nedech is the best dk

even if he is the best dk that doesn't change the fact thats all of them are average at best.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Being the best DK is like being the best Link

Except the Links are honestly a lot better than the DKs AFAIK

Which is hilarious to me

phish-it

Smash Champion
Haha.... I haven't touched this game in a month.. In that time all of the other DK's have gotta be better than me.

It's kind of hard to judge who the 'best' player of a lower tier character is when there are so few people actually playing them. Especially when none of them travel consistently and or place high enough (regularly?). Because of that, who the fk knows, maybe someone like M2K actually has a better a DK.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Skler recently went to a tournament. I saw. himon the livestream. Germs been gone since genesis 1

Best DK right now is strong bad because the new controller I ordered 2 months ago still isnt in and ihave legit controller johns

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Mango wins. discussion over. DK boards need another month break from all this activity

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Weren't you saying Link is *** not too long ago?

Like, more *** than everyone already thinks he is?

Not that that is related to you playing him, jw
I was but then I actually played as Link and decided he was a pretty cohesive character, just under-powered. His juggling is mad legit and he has real KO power.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, I felt like he was pretty decent except against top 6 or so. I feel like he could climb some tier tops potentially with someone repping him..not that tier spots are important.

Skler

Smash Master
I was but then I actually played as Link and decided he was a pretty cohesive character, just under-powered. His juggling is mad legit and he has real KO power.
Link needs to be able to hit somebody first, and it's so damn hard to hit somebody with a move that starts combos.

My solution: instead of trying to start combos just nair a lot.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Damn, a couple places where you could have had that. At the end of the first game, where Mango gets off the stage and you bair>punch and somehow get hugged out of it. I would've done the same thing and failed the same way. Smooth wavelanding.

Keep it up, you did better than I would have.

TheLake

Smash Master
Phish-it nedech and strong bad for best dks by far

You guys can take this character somewhere

maybe not anywhere gamebreaking but you guys are starting to turn heads

which says alot considering what your working with

i am a believer

**** the haters

especially if they are attractive

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
i like dtilt

yeah, I felt like he was pretty decent except against top 6 or so. I feel like he could climb some tier tops potentially with someone repping him..not that tier spots are important.
Who exactly do you think Link would be climbing over? I can't see him surpassing the Mario Bros or Pika. The only char he might be just as good as is DK. Personally, I think Link is perfectly fine where he is.

#AgainstChange

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Phish-it nedech and strong bad for best dks by far

You guys can take this character somewhere

maybe not anywhere gamebreaking but you guys are starting to turn heads

which says alot considering what your working with

i am a believer

**** the haters

especially if they are attractive
yea we ****
<3 Lake

going to kings of cali then rom then apex, hope i do well. good luck to phish-it too.
I'll write about my experiences if people want me to but whenever I write here no one cares because no one uses DK :(

Max?

Smash Champion
Good **** to Phish-it for getting 3rd at HoG. Beat Swift twice, zoso, and tope. ****ing beast

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll still use him for some MUs :]
I wish Phish-it, Nedech, and any other DK mains luck. If people want to play my DK in friendlies or MMs I'm still down, but his use in tournament will be Match-up & feeling based from now on.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Unknown522 and Weon-X have good DKs but they're mostly inflated by player skill (and u-throw uair comes so naturally to Fox players) and I doubt they know the nuances to him the way SB and Ripple do. That said, they're not bad monkeys.

Real talk, Phish-it is legit. I think RockCrock was better but I don't even know if he still plays. On that note... I wish PKM still played. His monkey was something else.

Top Bottom