• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Beat!

Smash Master
The result thread hasn't been made yet. Top 12 was:

1. Armada
2. leffen
3. Dev
4. Nedech
5. Android
5. Acherontic
7. Tonberry
7. Thomas
9. Myself
9. M0ze
9. DJ Black
9. PotatoChips

Nedech lost to Armada in WS, and to Dev in LS.

Some vids were recorded.

N64

Smash Champion
Pika ***** Kong, nothing you can do.

real advice:
Bair's really good. Sheild-upB is really good too, Pikachu likes sailing along the tops of chars with nairs as his approach, so as long as your tuft of hair doesn't get clipped when he does this it's free damage. Grabs are really useful against pikachu (into cargo->uair forever). It can be hard to catch him with one, and risky at times, but fortunately Pika has to get in close if he wants to do anything on the ground, so there will be chances to grab him.

Mostly though, just bair lots, mixing in tilts occasionally to keep Pika on his toes. With good positioning/timing it's hard for even Pikachu to dash under them, (and if he does, upB on landing can catch pika going for a grab or usmash after the dash in), Pikachu doesn't have any aerials to beat bair head on, and going over them is scary because of DK's uair. Best Pika can do is like trade with his dair at an awkward angle, or more commonly, try to find a hole to get in (at which point you get to be scary with grabs and upBs, or CC->something).

You don't really need to approach Pikachu unless you're on Dreamland and he's being a jerk (tbh it's been ages since I've seen a superdefensive Pikachu anyways). Just use sh bairs to close or make distance when you need to and use your tools to not let him in. If you get a grab, do your uair->kill percent, then wait for another grab/uair/fewbairs/arooo? to take the stock.

Don't go above Pikachu. Don't get too aggressive trying to edgeguard Pikachu. Fighting him near the edge is scary business, your kills are going to be from racking up damage and finishing with uair/bair/upB rather than edgeguards or fair spike shenanigans or whatever, Pika has too many options while recovering.

Also have fun! I think this matchup is really fun, but I may be biased.

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
Good **** Kim! Can't wait to see the videos
The only recorded set is me vs Dev, and he demolished me. 3-stock, 3-stock, 2-stock or something like that. I've been playing smash with Dev for years. He knows everything there is to know about going up against DK.

Max?

Smash Champion
If there are 3 matchups that Andy knows best, it's DK, Doc and Ness.

Damn the people who actually know how to fight Doc

Max?

Smash Champion
Agreed, as stated in the 10 Commandments of the Kong:

Thou shalt not win
Thou shalt bair
Thou shalt taunt
Thou shalt get baired
Thou shalt get camped

I'm working on the other 5

N64

Smash Champion
The truly legendary Kwan.
Yeah sb I'll mm if we're in the same area again.
Also phish-it too good. I need to get back to NY and play you and max and too many people.

Niko45

Smash Master
In contrast to DK sucking in melee, he ***** in Mario Tennis 64. In fact, I am the best DK in that game (and pioneered his metagame). Discuss.

Max?

Smash Champion
Paratroopa is unrealistically fake in 64 tennis. Both he and DK are Top Tier in Mario Tennis for GC as well.

Niko45

Smash Master
Paratroopa is legitimately like fox/falco with rest in 64. I need to fux with GC version for some reason I never did.

Max?

Smash Champion
Y'all cnt see my Boo though

:phone:
Oh ****, you KNOW I'm down. Boo is also Top Tier in that game.

I think it's something along the lines of (In no order):

Peach, Boo, DK, Paratrooper, Koopatrooper, Daisy

In the top tier.

I forget who else is in that game tbh.

Dk sucks *** in melee tho

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Boo very clearly is the best character in Mario Tennis. His serve game automatically grants him every other game (if you know what you're doing), he's fast, he can move while charging, and his lob and drop shot actually work (unlike everyone else except paratroopa). But I still handle him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izvt5xfqKLQ

Edit: HBK, you in Maplewood? I'm in the Princeton area. Mario Tennis MM?

Max?

Smash Champion
Strongbad, while I understand that you want this thread to be legitimate, I just have to point out (as the BEST DK) that no one really has anything relevant to talk about at all on this website. So when you say **** like "hey, lets take this site seriously" no one posts, and thus all potential fun we could have is immediately lost.

Just saying, people take this site way too seriously.

Like, remember when people were posting in this thread alot? Guess why.

Cause we had something to laugh at and talk about. What, do people want to actually discuss DK's metagame?

Here you know what, I got you.

Your shield sucks, most of your moveset is bad, it's hard to do stuff, your fat and you lose most/all the relevant matchups in the game. Only 3-5 people actually play him, and of all the people that do, only 1 or 2 actually MAIN him. And guess what, they don't do **** with him. What is there really to discuss?

Just saying.

TheLake

Smash Master
In contrast to DK sucking in melee, he ***** in Mario Tennis 64. In fact, I am the best DK in that game (and pioneered his metagame). Discuss.
Ok mario tenis for the 64 discussion

you know

the ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS

My friend and I actually developed a tier list

based on like...initial hit (serve/slice and power hit) speed (including foxtrots) and sex appeal

DK is 4th

yoshi is gooood tier

so is baby mario

lol waluigi

and mm anyone

oh and dk is talented in melee

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
DK was pretty overpowered in Mario Party 2.

Good thing he got nerfed in 3.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm here because niko said this thread was legit.

sup fellas

edit: shoutouts to Boo mains in mario tennis

phish-it

Smash Champion
So when is the next Mario Tennis tourney? And who are the top players in that game?

I wish Melee would get some balance patches, so atleast they can fix DK's stupidly small hitboxes on his stupidly huge body.

Top Bottom